PDA

View Full Version : Wun Cheun Yut Hay Geun

Aslan78
12-02-2009, 03:39 AM
Hello!

Anyone can tell me something about this style and its connection with liuhebafa?
Forms? Concepts?

Thanks

Source: http://waterspirit6x8.tripod.com/id32.html

ittokaos
12-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Isn't that just Liuhebafa but in cantonese?

Aslan78
12-26-2009, 09:05 AM
I think it's not the same art... but i don't know chinese or any else about this CMA other than that article!

taai gihk yahn
12-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Isn't that just Liuhebafa but in cantonese?

no, Cantonese would be Lohk Hahp Baat Faht, or something akin to that

mawali
12-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Liuhebafa (6 combination 8 methods) appears to be different from Water Boxing!
MA system from province to province will also affect the external art!

I took a look at the link and it seems to be saying along the lines that Water Spirit is a pre-LiuHeBaFa (jibengong/shenfa training regimen) until is was codified and standardized as today.
The final standardization either dropped the Water Spirit regimen or incoportated it but not sure of the extent.
There is a teacher in BC (Canada) who teaches it as part of his curriculum and it kind of saved his daughter from cancer some years ago!

Fa Xing
12-26-2009, 07:30 PM
There is a teacher in BC (Canada) who teaches it as part of his curriculum and it kind of saved his daughter from cancer some years ago!

That would be Liang, Shou-yu (http://www.shouyuliang.com/).

Aslan78
01-06-2010, 05:25 PM
so any new info/aid?

TAO YIN
01-26-2010, 01:39 PM
:confused:

It's a really long internal form supposed to be as ancient as they come. Its name means Primordial Chaos 1st Breath Palm, or the like. The name says a lot just in and of itself and is interesting, but I know hardly nothing about the art. There was a website up on it not long ago; it's down now.

Jorge
02-04-2010, 01:11 PM
This system is taught in OZ. Sifu is an Aust. Rep under Connie Sifu. Like my brother Tao Yin said, it's a very old system and very rare. If I'm not mistaken there is a clip on youtube with Connie Sifu performing the WY form. Unlike most systems WY generates power from the buttocks. I don't know much as I don't train the system, but have had conversations with Sifu.

Buby