PDA

View Full Version : the edge martial arts??

uki
12-03-2009, 01:42 PM
anybody know them??? i was driving down the road the other day and i saw a truck with their decals all over it and i thought to myself, "i wonder if any of those McMA idiots are on the KFM boards??" :D

sanjuro_ronin
12-03-2009, 01:50 PM
These guys:
http://www.theedgemartialarts.com/?

uki
12-03-2009, 01:54 PM
they are based out of NJ with a branch near me in brodheadsville...

Lucas
12-03-2009, 01:57 PM
looks like for one low payment of $29.95 you get a uniform AND a patch!

uki
12-03-2009, 01:58 PM
looks like for one low payment of $29.95 you get a uniform AND a patch!sign me up now, i'll take two please!! :D

sanjuro_ronin
12-03-2009, 01:59 PM
they are based out of NJ with a branch near me in brodheadsville...

NJ?
Enough said.
:D

uki
12-03-2009, 02:00 PM
NJ?
Enough said.if you're thinking like me, that's worse than being from NYC. :D

taai gihk yahn
12-03-2009, 02:12 PM
anybody know them??? i was driving down the road the other day and i saw a truck with their decals all over it and i thought to myself, "i wonder if any of those McMA idiots are on the KFM boards??" :D

no, but they ARE on Youtube (http://Videos.edgemn.com/);

Ukster, I think that you should get down there right away and sign up the whole fam! I believe that you are JUST the sort of chap that they are looking for and I bet that in no time at all they would tap you as prime choice instructor material!

ignore this at your own peril, my friend!

and BTW, there's NOTHING worse than being from NYC...

David Jamieson
12-03-2009, 02:21 PM
no, but they ARE on Youtube (http://Videos.edgemn.com/);

Ukster, I think that you should get down there right away and sign up the whole fam! I believe that you are JUST the sort of chap that they are looking for and I bet that in no time at all they would tap you as prime choice instructor material!

ignore this at your own peril, my friend!

and BTW, there's NOTHING worse than being from NYC...

NYC has some ugly parts, but Jersey is worse and you know it. if the almighty were to place an anus on the planet... it would be in Jersey.

Hong Kong is super grubby though. That's why all the photos are at night of the sparkly skyline. It covers up the filth that cakes everything there otherwise. lol

If the world had to have a colostomy bag, it would fit to Hong Kong via Jersey. :D

uki
12-03-2009, 02:35 PM
****... that video blew monkey sacs.

TenTigers
12-03-2009, 04:00 PM
actually, once you get past the refineries and Newark, the rest of NJ is really nice. The Jersey Shore is nice, and there are mountains and great neighborhoods.
AND...."Jug Handles!"
For those of us who ride motorcycles, jug handles are a godsend. Instead of a four way intersection, a jug handle is a right loop into a left turn. Many accidents are caused by people making left turns, or crossing over a median, and bikers are especially vulnerable.
I would move to Jersey..well, if it didn't suck...

uki
12-03-2009, 04:50 PM
For those of us who ride motorcycles, jug handles are a godsend. Instead of a four way intersection, a jug handle is a right loop into a left turn. Many accidents are caused by people making left turns, or crossing over a median, and bikers are especially vulnerable.LOL... they have been around for ages in europe... jersey drivers are horrible drivers anyway. :p

Lee Chiang Po
12-03-2009, 06:47 PM
I don't know if it is good to paint with a broad brush, so I will say that some of the people from New York are the most loud and rude people I have ever known. Of course I haven't been everywhere yet.
I looked at the site. The picture I am assuming to be Master Thorn. Looks all of 19. Some sort of Karate school I gather. It might be about as legitimate as some of the other schools we see. I can google up dozens of sites offering you mail order courses in just about any martial art you want, and they will actually award belt degrees to anyone that sends in a video of their stuff. Do a taping of some fighter in a third rate Kung fu movie and send it in for a black belt certificate. I don't think they would care. They might even get a good laugh out of it as they sign your certificate.

Xiao3 Meng4
12-03-2009, 07:12 PM
My Ex-wife is from upstate NY.

uki
12-04-2009, 02:47 AM
My Ex-wife is from upstate NY.LOL... hence she is your EX now. :D

from a generalized perspective, new yorkers are a bit rude and highly egotistical in nature, afterall, they do live in the empire state... fortunately the state is going bankrupt and the people are fleeing the coming demise. :)