PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles People

Yum Cha
12-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Hey, what can a Martial Artist do for entertainment on a weekend in LA? Near Venice, Santa Monica, El Segundo?

I played with some guys at Venice, near the B-Ball courts before, just a fluke. But looking for Non MA entertainment too...

First week in Jan?

AdrianK
12-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Plenty of nice bars in Venice and Santa Monica. There's the pier you could check out for some random fun, 3rd street promenade is a cool place with lots of shops, good restaurants and usually street performers.

SPJ
12-03-2009, 07:56 PM
yes. the pier area of Santa Monica is very nice.

if you are into sushi eating, there is the Todai restaurant, it is all you can eat sushi.

the mall area is kind of nice to hangout, too

---

Yum Cha
12-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Yea, I've looked into 3rd street, and the walk from Venice to Santa Monica on the beachfront.

Where is the 'heart' of Venice, as opposed to Santa Monica? Does it have a commercial centre, with bars and the like, or is 3rd street the go?

Lokhopkuen
12-04-2009, 06:20 AM
I'll be back in town by then at least until the middle of January so feel free to contact me in PM and we can connect while you are in LALA.

AdrianK
12-04-2009, 03:01 PM
The "Heart" would probably be the venice beach boardwalk. Aside from that though, you go up wilshire in santa monica and around 3rd street and you'll find a plethora of nice bars, nice restaurants, nice shops, and even Rickson Gracie :D

If youre willing to go a little ways out from Santa Monica and Venice though, you can hit up hollywood which is a great scene. House of Blues and the Laugh Factory especially. Or a little bit closer to Santa Monica in Westwood is a small little place called Ultimate Improv, if you're into improv comedy.

bawang
12-04-2009, 03:08 PM
if u send me monies by western union ill fly 2 u and we hang out for srs

SPJ
12-04-2009, 03:52 PM
The "Heart" would probably be the venice beach boardwalk. Aside from that though, you go up wilshire in santa monica and around 3rd street and you'll find a plethora of nice bars, nice restaurants, nice shops, and even Rickson Gracie :D

If youre willing to go a little ways out from Santa Monica and Venice though, you can hit up hollywood which is a great scene. House of Blues and the Laugh Factory especially. Or a little bit closer to Santa Monica in Westwood is a small little place called Ultimate Improv, if you're into improv comedy.

I am not a nite person.

but I do enjoy some taichi and ba gua in the morning at beachfront.

but yes, AK has the correct.

there are many nice bars and nite clubs.

:cool:

Yum Cha
12-04-2009, 04:23 PM

Thanks, I'm hoping friends will take me out to places beyond, but no doubt I'll have some time to myself to wander too.

Yum Cha
12-04-2009, 04:25 PM
I am not a nite person.

but I do enjoy some taichi and ba gua in the morning at beachfront.

but yes, AK has the correct.

there are many nice bars and nite clubs.

:cool:

I enjoy morning training on the beach too. I did meet up with some Soft School guys at Venice a few years back. I got the feeling there was a bit of a MA scene there, at times.

Yum Cha
12-04-2009, 04:34 PM
I'll be back in town by then at least until the middle of January so feel free to contact me in PM and we can connect while you are in LALA.

Check you PM

Yum Cha
12-09-2009, 02:56 AM
So, a couple of people have shown interest in some kind of meet up. Anybody else interested?

Weekend of the 1st of Jan.

Yum Cha
01-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks to Lokhup and his boys for showing me a top time in LA. Wish I could have spent more time. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Lokhopkuen
01-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Hey Mate;
The pleasure was all mine meeting an extra kool kat suchasyourself:D
Next time try to stay longer and I'll show you my A-tour when I'm not fem impetus p!ssy and antisocial.

Shall I post a pic:rolleyes: