View Full Version : Point Fighing Ref almost Kills Kung Fu Guy

MasterKiller
12-04-2009, 11:16 AM
About 2:20 in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ge9CuM1YkE&feature=player_embedded

Iron_Eagle_76
12-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Did he sneak up and give him the vulcan death grip?!:eek

In seriousness, what a *****. The guy in white actually threw the first sucker punch and the guy in blue reacted probably out of anger, certainly not a way to handle that situation. Guy in white must have benn the ref's student.

sanjuro_ronin
12-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Old clip, really old I remember discussing that over on Bullshido years ago.

Sometimes a man has to open up a can of whoop ass !!

Lucas
12-04-2009, 12:13 PM
i remember seeing this one a while ago.

a douche for sure but you still have to admire his effectiveness in his sneak attack. he dropped taht guy and ended his conciousness in about 1 second. my fave part is how he instantly walks away after the head stomp.

sanjuro_ronin
12-04-2009, 12:20 PM
i remember seeing this one a while ago.

a douche for sure but you still have to admire his effectiveness in his sneak attack. he dropped taht guy and ended his conciousness in about 1 second. my fave part is how he instantly walks away after the head stomp.

Old school.
:D

Lucas
12-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Old school.
:D

ill say. also a good prime example of momentarily disabling someone through 'low percentage' techniques.

all be it through a suprise attack from behind....but thats the idea in the first place isnt it....

sanjuro_ronin
12-04-2009, 12:30 PM
ill say. also a good prime example of momentarily disabling someone through 'low percentage' techniques.

all be it through a suprise attack from behind....but thats the idea in the first place isnt it....

On the battlefield, there is no excuse for surprise !!!

Both of those guys needed to get THE STOMP (tm).

Lucas
12-04-2009, 12:34 PM
On the battlefield, there is no excuse for surprise !!!

Both of those guys needed to get THE STOMP (tm).

lol ya. im guessing if the guy in white was his student, he got his lesson in a bit more of a private setting. who knows, maybe there was no connection and he only saw the guy in blue swinging.

Ray Pina
12-04-2009, 01:11 PM
First, I like the intensity level of that karate sparring. Good power. Head seamed like a legal target and no gear! .... though see how awkward the start-and-stop nature of "point" sparring is. The man in blue had much more fight spirit and kpt backing the guy up causing stoppage.... better learning if they could go hit a wall and finish or hit ropes/cage and make the other defend.

But the other guy had some nice technique too. He wasn't a bum.

Now for that attack: sick! He dropped that guy lack a sack of potatoes.

Crazy to kick a guy participating in something like that in that in the face while he's down. I hope that guy sues him for everything he got, forcing the family into a state of destitution and his daughter onto an upcoming bukake video.

Lucas
12-04-2009, 01:22 PM
his daughter onto an upcoming bukake video.

LOL!!!

that was hillarious man. it was sick though wasnt it?

Hardwork108
12-04-2009, 02:36 PM
I read somewhere that the ref is a karate master. All this happened in Brazil apparently. I believe that the ref has since apologized for his actions, not that it would excuse his behavior.

I agree with Lucas that the ref was effective and probably a bad ass. I hope that this man has evolved since then.

HW108

Lucas
12-04-2009, 02:58 PM
i bet that guys pushin 60, so i doubt it. hes probably just one of those hard ass types.

Lee Chiang Po
12-04-2009, 06:51 PM
If I am remembering this right, the guy was not a referee. His student was competing and the other guy had struck him after they were to break. The guy got hacked off and assualted him. I think he and his students were banned from compitition for a year or 2.
This attests to the effectiveness of Karate as well as other forms of fighting. The other guy never expected a sensai from another school to do something like that. It is poor sportsmanship at the very least.

cerebus
12-04-2009, 07:21 PM
If I am remembering this right, the guy was not a referee. His student was competing and the other guy had struck him after they were to break. The guy got hacked off and assualted him. I think he and his students were banned from compitition for a year or 2.
This attests to the effectiveness of Karate as well as other forms of fighting. The other guy never expected a sensai from another school to do something like that. It is poor sportsmanship at the very least.

Well, he was clearly refereeing the match. Other than that, I don't know...

Ray Pina
12-04-2009, 07:38 PM
When I was in karate, both of those guys would have been disqualified. The guy in white for his first act of unsportsmanlike behavior and then blue for following his lead.... blue had his number. Should have shrugged it off, used a kick to close the distance and hit him a few times again.

Lee Chiang Po
12-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Well, he was clearly refereeing the match. Other than that, I don't know...

He was indeed refereeing the match. I forget why he was appointed to that job, but I remember seeing it on TV when it occured. He was the sensai of the guy in the dark gi. This is the problem with supposed full contact fighting. Full contact is just that, and people get hit and often times get hurt. They get hacked off and others take sides in the matter. If it is done any other way it is not full contact. Full touch?
I suspect that this is why we see UFC guys hugging after a fight. It is an exibition of sportsmanship. It sort of eases the feeling some people might get about watching 2 men or women pound on one another. We know that some of these guys hate each other. That way they can refer to it as a friendly compitition.
Then again, maybe not.
Back when you made points on no contact techniques, before full contact, late 60's or early 70's, There was a white belt fighter that fought his way up through the compitition and even defeated some black belts. This hacked off lots of people because it was just not supposed to happen. No black belt would want to be whipped by a white belt. The white belt had a few moves that he practiced to perfection. He did not have near the arsenal of the black belts, but he pointed them out. More than anything I think this sort of pushed toward full contact eventually. If you are going to compitition fight you need to do it right. The more rules you have the less like real fighting it is, but you do have to have rules. The first time someone gets killed or perminently brain damaged you will see all sorts of legislation taking place. Big brother is going to look out for you, like it or not.

LCP

Lee Chiang Po
12-05-2009, 08:57 AM
About 2:20 in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ge9CuM1YkE&feature=player_embedded

Actually, they were both Karate fighters. I have been surfing utube a lot lately, and from what I have seen, I can see why some think kung fu is bs. I watched a young man walk around a tree for a while, then stop and walk around it the other direction for a while, then over and over and over. He held his hands in a position as if saying, WHAT? I have no idea just what he was training, but I did not see martial applications. Then there was the old man walking in a figure 8 and now and then doing something like a kick or punch. I even watched some compitition kung fu where the guys were doing forms. I could not see martial applications in any of it. Mostly like Elvis Presly posing for the camera. Doing cart wheels and flips and all sorts of stuff like we see on TV. None of this is really applicable in a real fight. I found one that I wanted to post here, but couldn't figure out how. It was called Insane Kung Fu. The guys and gals ran around screaming like they were on fire and beating the heck out of everything with chains, sticks, pipes, and even grabbing and biting the face. That had some real potential I think. It would scare the heck out of most people, and it did not require you to learn any fancy moves. I admit that I am not familiar with most of todays kung fu styles, and so cannot accurately compare them to anything I know about. I can say however that I can quickly see why someone would discount kung fu as a viable fighting system. As compared to Karate and other more aggressive looking styles. I do Wing Chun and have no knowledge of other forms of Kung Fu. It is made of pure fighting concepts without fancy or sexy postures or other wastes of time or energy. However, like any other fighting system, it requires a martial attitude to make it work for you.

LCP

bawang
12-05-2009, 07:30 PM
I do Wing Chun and have no knowledge of other forms of Kung Fu.

/////////////////

mickey
12-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Greetings,

That ref has a beautiful front snap kick. If that was his student he was kicking, his school must be totally badass. His student was pretty good, too.

mickey

Lee Chiang Po
12-06-2009, 10:32 AM
From what I was led to understand, it was not one of his own students, but rather opposition. It is a conflict of interest for a Sensai to referee or judge when his own students are competing. It seems to have shown here more than usual however.

Brule
12-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I find it disturing that some here commend this guy in his badassedness (tm) and that his students must also be badass. By that logic, battered women must also own the str33t deadly kung fu !!

tards:(

cerebus
12-06-2009, 04:22 PM
It really doesn't require any "badassedness" to suckerpunch someone in the back of the head when they're not expecting it and kick them when they're down...

Fen
12-06-2009, 06:18 PM
If you look at the time 01:56 to 2:00 you can clearly see that the guy in the blue is in a frog top, not a gi. What style I do not know, maybe WC. As for the ref...You can see he was most likley a Karate Do... As in the video everyone around is Karate Do. It look to me the ref was faving the one in white. To be expeted at a all Karate event. You can see the ref got upset because the one in the blue frog, was a better figher then the one in the white. Imho... But the Karate-do guy had better technique, but bad timing.

The ref was a poor sport! If he is a "MASTER" then he should have had the b@lls to face him and fight him if needed. In this case I would say not! But the ref was being a Pu$$y and blind sided him. In my mind he is not any better then a bull-e in a school yard. He made his teacher and students look like an A$$!

~Jason

Dragonzbane76
12-07-2009, 05:02 AM
I think they both need castrated and set on fire for point sparring anyways. :cool:

Ray Pina
12-07-2009, 07:46 AM
If you look at the time 01:56 to 2:00 you can clearly see that the guy in the blue is in a frog top, not a gi. What style I do not know, maybe WC.

~Jason

I don't care if that guy set up his wooden man and an alter of Yip Man on the sidelines, that was karate. Side kicks. Spinning back kicks. Reverse punches.

Ray Pina
12-07-2009, 07:50 AM
I had an experience where I went to a national Tae Kown Do tournament in Queens like 7 or 8 years ago.... I beat two black belts, then a black belt from Korea that was behind the "officials" table entered my division halfway through. I got disqualified after stuffing two of his high kicks and putting him down. Sometimes between them I was able to cross up his arms, whaled on the little red dots on his chest guard... I lost a point for "holding."

I'm glad I got out of there un-lynched .

Ray Pina
12-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Competing in other style's tournaments is unwise. That's why I like MMA: fists, elbows, feet, knees, forearms, shoulders... use them how you want. It's pretty universal.

TenTigers
12-07-2009, 08:44 AM
I had an experience where I went to a national Tae Kown Do tournament in Queens like 7 or 8 years ago.... I beat two black belts, then a black belt from Korea that was behind the "officials" table entered my division halfway through. I got disqualified after stuffing two of his high kicks and putting him down. Sometimes between them I was able to cross up his arms, whaled on the little red dots on his chest guard... I lost a point for "holding."

I'm glad I got out of there un-lynched .

pretty funny. I had a very similar experience. Also a full-contact TKD tournament.
I had come fresh out of a Kenpo school-where grabbing the gi, grabbing the hair, groin kicks, was allowed, and bare knuckle sparring. We used to wear sleeveless Gi's-not because we were fashionable, but because we ripped the sleeves off during sparring. I showed up in my "Salt n pepper"Gi -with sleeves.. (White top, Black pants) everybody else was in pure white-oops.
The judges were Korean, as well as my opponent. I kicked, punched, grabbed and punched, shoved and punched this guy into chopped meat. The one thing he landed on me was an illegal face (jaw) punch.
The ref raised his hand (the guy could barely stand up) and the crowd booed.
When I went to the ref afterwards to see my score, he ripped up my scorecard and said,"You go home!"
People came up to me afterwards telling me how I got robbed and I had won, but the truth of the matter is I really didn't. Had I followed the rules, perhaps it would've had a different outcome.
Nonetheless, it was a good learning experience.

Fen
12-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I don't care if that guy set up his wooden man and an alter of Yip Man on the sidelines, that was karate. Side kicks. Spinning back kicks. Reverse punches.

He may have been karate. This like you, I do not know nor care... But like I said he is in a frog top ether way.

~Jason

Ray Pina
12-08-2009, 09:16 AM
That is interesting, about the top. I didn't look that close. Kind of grainy on my end.

Keep thinking about that shot. Yes, it was from behind and as cheep and "suckery" as you could get, but it still wasn't a punch or chop, it was something else. He kind of turned him off. And positioned his head/neck to do it first, right?

I guess I should go look at it again before talking smack but I got to $hit and go surf.

TenTigers
12-08-2009, 10:11 AM
but I got to $hit and go surf.
a little T.M.I. there, Ray....

Lucas
12-08-2009, 10:19 AM
That is interesting, about the top. I didn't look that close. Kind of grainy on my end.

Keep thinking about that shot. Yes, it was from behind and as cheep and "suckery" as you could get, but it still wasn't a punch or chop, it was something else. He kind of turned him off. And positioned his head/neck to do it first, right?

I guess I should go look at it again before talking smack but I got to $hit and go surf.

it looked similar to this type of stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG9gq6b5Pcw&feature=fvw

just real quick up from behind, base of the neck/skull, dropped. a extra shot just to be sure...oh and the head stomp...

David Jamieson
12-08-2009, 10:36 AM
A properly placed PE fist to the top of the cervical vertabrae at the base of the skull where the medulla oblongata/sc top is located will render the "target" unconscious.

the spinal cord is an interesting target overall.

It's one area you are not allowed to attack in most rule sets of most sportive combabtives. Particularly with downward driving elbows. lol

anyway....

sanjuro_ronin
12-08-2009, 10:42 AM
There is a point on each side of the back of the head/neck that when hit on an "unsuspecting" person will "take their legs out from under them" sort of speaking.
It shuts down your "motor pathways".

Lucas
12-08-2009, 10:45 AM
medulla oblongata is one of the most fun things to say.

like antidisestablishmentarianism.

sanjuro_ronin
12-08-2009, 10:48 AM

Mama doesn't agree with you Col.Sanders.

Dragonzbane76
12-08-2009, 10:49 AM
ben franklins the devil :eek:

sanjuro_ronin
12-08-2009, 10:50 AM
ben franklins the devil :eek:

* Donkey sound !*

Lucas
12-08-2009, 11:03 AM
lol ok what ever the reference was. RIGHT over my head

sanjuro_ronin
12-08-2009, 11:04 AM
lol ok what ever the reference was. RIGHT over my head

Waterboy with Adam Sandler.

Lucas
12-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Waterboy with Adam Sandler.

oh, i only saw that once a long time ago.

adam sandler is one funny guy though, hes surely consistent

Ray Pina
12-08-2009, 01:48 PM
There is a point on each side of the back of the head/neck that when hit on an "unsuspecting" person will "take their legs out from under them" sort of speaking.
It shuts down your "motor pathways".

Have a diagram or chart highlighting these points?

Lucas
12-08-2009, 01:53 PM
they are like big ol cavaties under that bump on the back of your head to either side about on level with that first vertibrae. you can poke your fingers in there and it sucks lol

SanHeChuan
12-08-2009, 02:10 PM
According to comments on the video from people who know the people involved it was a head butt that knocked him out.

and the guy in the white was his student.

Lucas
12-08-2009, 02:16 PM
thats even more hardcore

Hardwork108
12-08-2009, 04:49 PM
According to comments on the video from people who know the people involved it was a head butt that knocked him out.

:mad:

Oh no. You didn't have to tell them that now. You ruined it for me as I was enjoying the hilarious explanations and theories presented by some of our forum's Dimmak experts reflecting their now famous "decades" of experience....LOL

Does this mean that Sanjuro and Lkfmdc are going to delay the publication of their new joint venture book and DVD set, "Dimmak for Knuckleheads"?.....LOL

taai gihk yahn
12-08-2009, 05:52 PM

like antidisestablishmentarianism.

anti-distibbleitzmin...

anti-mistyinsty...

[two days later]

anti-distinctly-minty...

Lucas
12-08-2009, 06:00 PM
LOL antidistinctlyminty...hehe

TenTigers
12-08-2009, 06:35 PM
y'know, it's retsin-haters like you that give breath a bad name.

David Jamieson
12-08-2009, 06:39 PM
i need a fresca or something

cool though.

if you do have another look, you can see the head butt.

Zidane!

Dragonzbane76
12-09-2009, 06:07 AM
Oh no. You didn't have to tell them that now. You ruined it for me as I was enjoying the hilarious explanations and theories presented by some of our forum's Dimmak experts reflecting their now famous "decades" of experience....LOL

OH noes we have the DIM MAK master in the house now. It's his super secret technique #3 that you can buy for 19.95$ plus shipping and handling. He will show Sanjuro and Lkfmdc both how to perform this move in his new DVD "DIM MAK and you, how to kill someone and they don't even know it."

Mr. CARPETBAGGER.....

http://gasbanditry.com/twg163/cache/Demotivational+Posters_disgust-picard.jpg.small.jpg

sanjuro_ronin
12-09-2009, 07:14 AM

and the guy in the white was his student.

We were discussing WHERE he got hit...

sanjuro_ronin
12-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Have a diagram or chart highlighting these points?

Ah dude, you can find that stuff anywhere !

sanjuro_ronin
12-09-2009, 07:15 AM
:mad:

Does this mean that Sanjuro and Lkfmdc are going to delay the publication of their new joint venture book and DVD set, "Dimmak for Knuckleheads"?.....LOL

If this is about me telling you to stop send me your picks in a speedo, well I am sorry but I am just not that into you.

TenTigers
12-09-2009, 08:32 AM
strikes to the base of the skull are very basic. It's where the stem of the brain connects to the spinal column, and is the "main shut-off switch" for the entire central nervous system. A light strike will stun, a moderate strike will KO.
Direct or at an angle, these strikes are pretty easy to pull off.
Any strike to the neck area is effective. Whether it's to that side of the neck, attacking the nerves, blood vessels, etc, or the throat/larynx, which the Godz in their infinite wisdom have brought foward, exposing 3/4 of its area. This means that a strike to the throat from any angle will hit pay dirt.

HW108-none of this is secret dim-mak techniques, but very, very basic principles, usually taught in the first weeks of training. Even at McKwoons. Nobody is making any claims, so keep it in your pants.

GeneChing
10-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Karate referee gets into the fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTeHaYnyVm0)

sanjuro_ronin
10-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Karate referee gets into the fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTeHaYnyVm0)

LOL, that looked a bit on the fake side.

David Jamieson
10-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Looking back on that first one -
sketchy tourney with dodgy reffing. Pretty typical in MA in my experience. Another reason I don't go to tourney's that are slip shod in any way. It is hard to find decent tourneys.
Many times I find that it's a room full of "experts" that have little if any tolerance for each other. anyway...lol

The second one definitely looks faked, but is funny.