PDA

View Full Version : Hamil Vs. jones

Dragonzbane76
12-07-2009, 05:39 AM
heres the vid of it. The fight was stopped for illegal use of the elbow. 12 to 6 strike was used which happens to be illegal... man Jones unloaded on him in the full mount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bTj7XX21Us

Fa Xing
12-07-2009, 06:53 AM
heres the vid of it. The fight was stopped for illegal use of the elbow. 12 to 6 strike was used which happens to be illegal... man Jones unloaded on him in the full mount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bTj7XX21Us

It wasn't initially stopped for the illegal use of that elbow, but when the ref took a look at him and asked Hamill if he could continue he stopped the fight.

Disqualifying Jones and then giving Hamill the victory was a terrible idea imo. They should have just done a draw/NC instead because it was clear that Jones was beating the crap out of Hamill.

Frost
12-07-2009, 07:02 AM
didn't they stop it because Hammils shoulder was done in and he coudn't continue, not beacuse of the cuts/or damage caused by the illegal blows?

i understand the DQ if the stoppage was as a result of the illegal elbows, but if it was not then how come he got DQ'd?:confused:

Dragonzbane76
12-07-2009, 07:45 AM
honestly i was suprised hamil did as well on his defense up till the 12-6 strikes. He was getting the down pour of vicious strikes from that mount and was actually absorbing many with his arms and negating a few.

goju
12-07-2009, 06:11 PM
didn't they stop it because Hammils shoulder was done in and he coudn't continue, not beacuse of the cuts/or damage caused by the illegal blows?

i understand the DQ if the stoppage was as a result of the illegal elbows, but if it was not then how come he got DQ'd?:confused:

exactly apparently hamils arm was injured before then( from a takedown?) so he was done with before the onslaught of elbows:D

i think the ufc was just favoring hamil because of his handicap

Cimaroon
12-08-2009, 05:28 AM
Oh geez was that BS. Jones beat the living dog**** out of Hammil(good). The ref ask the deaf guy.....if he could continue. Nice one mazzagati. Jones gets reamed. Initially only going to take a point away from him for the blows.

JJ is the future at LH.

Dragonzbane76
12-08-2009, 05:30 AM
an unorthodox style but i like it. He did look good, and he was trying high risk high impact techs. which is always a crowd pleaser. :)

Frost
12-08-2009, 05:33 AM
an unorthodox style but i like it. He did look good, and he was trying high risk high impact techs. which is always a crowd pleaser. :)

it will be good to see him fight a few more quality guys to see how good he really is

sanjuro_ronin
12-08-2009, 06:58 AM
From what I saw, the downward elbow is what got Jones the warning, the "forearm" strikes were ok, when the ref broke in he saw the cut and called the match after.
Those short, "cutting" elbows work really well to open up cuts.

Cimaroon
12-08-2009, 07:54 AM
The amazing thing about Jones is he has only been MMA training for 2, barely 2 years! And he says he has self taught himself lots of his techniques via youtube.

Yeah, he needs two more fights before maybe belt contention. Someone like Rich Franklin or Jardine.