PDA

View Full Version : Is Lee Kam Wing legit?

traitor
09-21-2001, 05:32 AM
On Tuesday, September 18, Master Lee Kam Wing was showed a very badly performance of 'Mui Fah Kuen' at the 80th Anniversary of the Singapore Chin Woo Association to the public at the Victoria Theatre in Singapore. Later we will upload a *.mpg file from his showing time to this forum internet. His former master student Kai Uwe Pel, who is a member of Singapore Chin Woo Association, demonstrated the same praying mantis form, which was really an excellent showing performance.
Lee Kam Wing’s Praying Mantis Style called from other praying mantis masters as a ‘simple style’ for everybody, who want to learn all the ‘secrets’ from him, which have an empty contents today. Kai told me that Master Lee Kam Wing was his first teacher in Hongkong, but 1989 he left him, because of some stupid things and activities about Lee Kam Wing.

John

ExitusDeorum
09-21-2001, 06:26 PM
Very odd. I have trained with Lee Kam Wing myself and I know for a fact that he is a very proficient Master of Seven Star Mantis. My sifu was taught by Lee Kam Wing and is also very skilled. I personally have never heard any slights against Lee Sifu's name and would like to take this oppurtunity to say that Lee Kam Wing is a thoroughly excellent bloke and a superb martial artist. Please don't knock him.

"Cry shamefully and let loose the turnips of war!"

yingching
09-21-2001, 07:49 PM
If you go to his previous post, you will understand his latest.

cha kuen
09-22-2001, 06:40 PM
Traitor

I am in Hong Kong too. Let's meet up if you can. I speak cantonese, do you?

Email me at "taichimaster@hongkong.com"

I am in kowloon tong. I practice mantis also.

aw.axis
09-23-2001, 01:13 AM
I have had some classes with Sifu Lee and I have found him to be a man who teaches Mantis with a lot of common sense and patience and I have certainly benefitted from his advice. Of course the only real way is to try it yourself I would certainly appreciate your feedback on this, and of course any other Mantis teachers.

Regards

Al

traitor
09-23-2001, 06:02 PM
I am chinese and I stay in Wanchai. I am student of Lum Wing Kit Sifu. We are study at the HK University. My email is john_1970@lycosasia.com. You can write me.

John Lee

cha kuen
10-15-2001, 01:01 PM
I tried emailing you and it did not work.

how about you email me at " pkduong@ucsd.edu"

Poison'dDragon
10-19-2001, 03:38 AM
My Sifu was taught by Lee Kam Wing. He is very capable in my understanding.

If all the world were just , there woulde be noe need for valour" - Shakespear