PDA

View Full Version : Wife vs. Ninja

GeneChing
12-11-2009, 11:04 AM
I knew it! NINJAS ARE BACK!!!
Thank you, Ninja Assassin (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52743).

Posted: Wed., Dec. 9, 2009, 8:00pm PT
DW buys 'Wife vs. Ninja' pitch (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118012510.html?categoryid=13&cs=1)
Michael Besman to produce action-laughs mix
By TATIANA SIEGEL

DreamWorks is delving into the world of high-stakes infidelity for an upcoming action comedy.

Company has nabbed Michael Besman's pitch 'Wife vs. Ninja,' which centers on a Long Island housewife who discovers that the beautiful young intern who recently stole her scientist husband is actually a bloodthirsty ninja assassin intent on stealing his work.

Besman, who is best known for producing such critic faves as 'About Schmidt' and 'The Opposite of Sex,' will share story by credit with tyro scribes Michael Zam and Jaffe Cohen, who are penning the high-concept script. Besman will also don his producer hat for 'Wife vs. Ninja.'

'We fell in love with the mix of action and laughs in (the story),' said co-president of production Holly Bario.

So which is scarier, Wife vs. Ninja or Alien vs. Ninja (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55686)? If you answer, in all fairness, you should indicate whether you are, or have been, married. ;)

Lucas
12-11-2009, 06:24 PM
hell ive never been married and even i know id rather fight the aliens AND the ninjas instead of a wife!

Lucas
12-11-2009, 06:26 PM
I knew it! NINJAS ARE BACK!!!

i know im stoked too. ive always been a big ninja fan. we can do so many cool things visually now, the ninja are due their digital effects! ive been writing stories that revolve around a ninja for a while. its super fun. heres a small sample of a hit. :D

after story lead up, our main character is flying down the freeway on a solid black motorcycle with no lights, fast coming upon a limo holding the deader. as the bike pulls up to the left side of the limo going about 15 mph faster than the limo, our little ninja leaps off the bike, with perfect balance allowing the bike to continue forward un manned. flying through the air twistng into a frontal flip and drawing out the sword in one swift motion, landing light as a cat atop the limo, piercing the roof and the skull of mr. dead. withdrawing the blade, flourish, wipe, sheath just in time for the slowing bike out of momentum to be in line with the position of our friendly ninja. leaping off the car as rounds start flying through the roof from the inside. sparks of light flashing in the dark night through the windows signalling the gunfire casts a faint light on our ninja as they land back on the bike, slaming the break, doing a stoppie to 180 turn and peeling out off the freeway down the wrong way of an on ramp, as the limo comes to a screeching halt...

id give much to one day see that scene or others ive written animated or in a comic one day.

just a rough outline of a small part of one story, not at all close word for word, my writtings and stuff are all at home. lots of details missing from just that one portion of the story, but its so fun. pretty much just a bunch of hits. the stories generally open up with our ninja trailing or spying on the next hit sometimes collecting info, espianage work, then the hit and exit scene.

the reader does not know if our ninja is male or female at the beginning of the series. known only as Oni.

my real baby though is my zombie book. which has nothing to do with ninjas, BUT the main character knows kungfu. :D