PDA

View Full Version : Bon chun lap

iwingchun
12-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Few days before, i was taught the bong chun lap technique and i am very enthusiastic about this technique.

Which is your best movement or technique?

Does this technique apply on the wooden dummy?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.wing-chun.ws

Tensei85
12-12-2009, 06:50 PM
not sure which technique your speaking of, can you elaborate a little more?

Are you speaking of the lap sau drill?

Yoshiyahu
12-14-2009, 11:58 AM
not sure which technique your speaking of, can you elaborate a little more?

Are you speaking of the lap sau drill?

Never heard of Bon Chun Lap?

What lineage are you?

Please share how this tecnhique is applied?

Do you know of any video clippings that has the technique displayed?

Just a guess...it sounds like someones modification...I am just guessing but Bong means wing arm. Chun means Punch, and Lap means grabbing hand. So it sounds like you bong sau to connect with a bridge and then grab the bridge arm while throwing a back fist. Is this what your speaking of?

Are these videous of what you mean below?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4907060822219649307&ei=K4omS46cPKeQqALlruS4BA&q=Lap+Sau+site%3Agoogle.com&hl=en#docid=-6326240168632351934

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4907060822219649307&ei=K4omS46cPKeQqALlruS4BA&q=Lap+Sau+site%3Agoogle.com&hl=en#docid=4146142312882248919

Let me know if this what you mean...If so its simply called Lop Sau or Lap Sao drill?

LSWCTN1
12-15-2009, 04:02 AM
Never heard of Bon Chun Lap?

What lineage are you?

Please share how this tecnhique is applied?

Do you know of any video clippings that has the technique displayed?

Just a guess...it sounds like someones modification...I am just guessing but Bong means wing arm. Chun means Punch, and Lap means grabbing hand. So it sounds like you bong sau to connect with a bridge and then grab the bridge arm while throwing a back fist. Is this what your speaking of?

Are these videous of what you mean below?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4907060822219649307&ei=K4omS46cPKeQqALlruS4BA&q=Lap+Sau+site%3Agoogle.com&hl=en#docid=-6326240168632351934

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4907060822219649307&ei=K4omS46cPKeQqALlruS4BA&q=Lap+Sau+site%3Agoogle.com&hl=en#docid=4146142312882248919

Let me know if this what you mean...If so its simply called Lop Sau or Lap Sao drill?

i would suggest that its not a backfist

Yoshiyahu
12-15-2009, 07:48 AM
i would suggest that its not a backfist

Feel free to elaborate your interpretation?

Steeeve
12-18-2009, 07:37 PM
bon bong sau
chun sink
lap like lap sao grab

well bong for deflect chun for sinking and lap for grab thats the lap sao cycles:confused: but no da

LSWCTN1
12-22-2009, 03:54 AM
Feel free to elaborate your interpretation?

could be wrong, but...

we call the backfist a 'Bruce Lee lap sao' - the way we actually practise the lap drill is with a 45 degree 'uppercut' almost.

straight line, not circle!

wtxs
12-23-2009, 02:42 PM
WC is like an big locker with lots of different tools inside, each serves an unique purpose. The tools can be used in many different ways and by different individuals. As lop sao can be carried out in many ways, don't get locked into just lop/straight punch, or lop/back fist. How about lop with finger strike/thrust to the eyes/throat using that 45 degree hand/finger shape in the SLT as it rotates out from the fuk sao? Google Alan Lam, aside from lop/back fist, another is lop/open hand cut/chop to the face/throat.

k gledhill
12-24-2009, 07:40 AM
lop wrong as a basic move, use jut...if you miss with lop you leave the line....jut stays on the line jut or not. so you can keep striking

lop is in Bil Gee not SLT...lots of Juts in dummy...few lops.

learn to strike first if the opponent creates a bridge jut to sink itas the rear hand strikes, thereby controlling the angle of entry to you by :
angling
striking
maintaining bridge control from a flank
maintain attacking actions ...if the lop misses you have a hand flying off wasted in use to attack.

If the attack is stopped by a strong arm or position with a bridge made you can use lop to spin the opponent on his [or the wifes] axis line, NOT a pull towards yourself. Like opening a gate on hinges , the hinge is the axis point of the opponent, their arm is the gate.
Then shove them , hit them , whatever [po pai] and keep attacking as you just turned them to a flank .

lop is if your attack momentum has been stopped and you want to change the course of the flow.....jut is the primary response allowing the momentum of your attack to go in the direction your FACING, it goes back and forth violently in a sudden destabalizing jerking acyion ...further developed on the arms of the dummy. and in the chum kil...we dont spend time doing lop except when its incorrectly shown as a set piece in chi-sao...3 moves to simply hit someone is too slow. training to do it over and over is redundant.

wtxs
12-24-2009, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=k gledhill;978840]
lop is in Bil Gee not SLT...lots of Juts in dummy...few lops.

Never said lop is in SLT. However, the lop/bong is in double chi sao, which is part of the training progression way before intro of bil gee form. The lop maybe manifested itself in the bil gee form, but few can see the birth of its thrusting finger aka bil gee in SLT.

All I'm saying is, we need to look pass the visual and physical to explore the potentials the WC tools has to offer, like the old cliche "there's more than one way to skin a cat".:p

Steeeve
12-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Whats the **** is Bun chun lap

thats a soup or a legume vegetable...or a cantonese dialect :D

merry x mas

wtxs
12-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Whats the **** is Bun chun lap

thats a soup or a legume vegetable...or a cantonese dialect :D

merry x mas

Forget the soup or veggies, bun lap dance is the main course for the day.:D

Merry Xmas and a brighter new year to all.