Dude just watch it yourself tomorrow. :D

Phil Redmond
12-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Dude just watch it yourself tomorrow. :D
Why, do you have footage? I do. :mad:

dimethylsea
12-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Why, do you have footage? I do. :mad:

Don't get angry friend. I was referring to the perfectly legal footage that is supposed to be accessible for rental/purchase via GoFightLive. There are alot of KAPMMA events there, and the promoter gets his piece of the action. I have buddies from the MMA days who fought and the only way they could show their fights to their family was via that sort of resource.

If a given fight is of interest to someone and there is a legit way to see that fight in their own home (and the price is reasonable).. I'd expect them to be saying "No Spoilers till I see it man!".

SanHeChuan
12-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Was there even a fight? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiEIsqW1sqg) :confused:

Phil Redmond
12-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Don't get angry friend. I was referring to the perfectly legal footage that is supposed to be accessible for rental/purchase via GoFightLive. There are alot of KAPMMA events there, and the promoter gets his piece of the action. I have buddies from the MMA days who fought and the only way they could show their fights to their family was via that sort of resource.

If a given fight is of interest to someone and there is a legit way to see that fight in their own home (and the price is reasonable).. I'd expect them to be saying "No Spoilers till I see it man!".
I was there as a judge and was angry at the outcome of last night's event not you. Someone took footage of the melee there and gave it to me. I'm keeping it for my personal viewing only. Maybe someone else will post the footage.

IronWeasel
12-19-2009, 01:00 PM
I was there as a judge and was angry at the outcome of last night's event not you. Someone took footage of the melee there and gave it to me. I'm keeping it for my personal viewing only. Maybe someone else will post the footage.

Melee?

Angry Judge?

Sounds like another black eye for TCMA.....:(

TenTigers
12-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Melee?

Angry Judge?

Sounds like another black eye for TCMA.....:(
the azoles are gonna have a freakin field day, but fuk'em.
Sometimes, things just don't work out on the first attempt.
I'm sure there will be other opportunities.
From what I've seen of BT, he's no quitter, and will find another way to get this, or something similar done successfully.

taai gihk yahn
12-19-2009, 02:51 PM

so what happened?

cerebus
12-19-2009, 03:33 PM
From the little snips of comment here & there (no full explanations that I've seen so far) it seems that the whole thing was a fiasco and the fight might not even have happened. Which is only what many people seemed to expect would happen. Disappointing, very disappointing... :(

TenTigers
12-19-2009, 04:48 PM
go to Black Taoist's youtube page, there are people who were there commenting.

cerebus
12-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Just looked and the most recent comments are from a day ago wishing BT luck. Maybe the newest comments contained information which was embarrassing to him, so he deleted them? :confused: What did they say?

TenTigers
12-19-2009, 07:20 PM
ahh...wrong link. here:
http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=6nntyfpZFO4&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3D6nntyfpZFO4

cerebus
12-19-2009, 08:13 PM
ahh...wrong link. here:
http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=6nntyfpZFO4&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3D6nntyfpZFO4

Aha! Better, thanks...

Phil Redmond
12-19-2009, 08:31 PM

I'd like to clarify my last post. The footage I have will not be on GoFightLive.com. I got footage of the "almost" fight/melee outside of the ring. ;)

cerebus
12-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Heh, heh. Footage of an "almost" fight? I get to see that on a regular basis at any local bar. Oh well, too bad it didn't happen...

lkfmdc
12-19-2009, 08:56 PM
As someone who has spent a good amount of time working with the NJ commission, been part of their MMA program, there is something wrong about ALL the accounts put up there. I wonder what really happened???? :confused:

Phil Redmond
12-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Heh, heh. Footage of an "almost" fight? I get to see that on a regular basis at any local bar. Oh well, too bad it didn't happen...
I took a day off and traveled from Philly to be a judge for the fight that didn't happen.
I even asked Southern Mantis Sifu Ralph Mitchell, who was one of the people who trained me for full contact, to come and be a judge. If it weren't for the good amateur MMA fights we would have gone there for nothing.

cerebus
12-19-2009, 09:22 PM
I took a day off and traveled from Philly to be a judge for the fight that didn't happen.
I even asked Southern Mantis Sifu Ralph Mitchell, who was one of the people who trained me for full contact, to come and be a judge. If it weren't for the good amateur MMA fights we would have gone there for nothing.

That's GOTTA be disappointing! :mad:

lkfmdc
12-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Ralph is good people!

taai gihk yahn
12-19-2009, 09:41 PM
just one sad cluster-f*ck, from the looks of it all; as near as I can tell from perusing the comments on BT's link, the issues that seem to keep coming up were that a) there were some last minute rule changes (in a martial arts venue?!? inconceivable!!!); b) someone forgot to bring their headgear (to be fair, I can undertand this, as one time, in 3rd grade, I forgot to bring my homework to school...:rolleyes:); c) one of the fighters didn't do his pre-fight med testing at all - which, if true, would certainly account for the cancellation, but at the same time one has to ask, "WTF is that all about?";

while I can appreciate SNAFUs coming up in a situation like this, at the same time, at this point running a fight of this nature is hardly a new thing; speaks to a lack of professionalism, pure and simple;

lkfmdc
12-19-2009, 09:46 PM
However, unlike the standard martial arts events we are probably all used to which are run like a combination of a Chinese fire drill and a mongolian cluster ****, THIS EVENT IS RUN IN NJ AND BY THE COMMISSION

IE

1) rules don't change, there is ONE SET OF RULES FOR MMA in that state

2) They don't use head gear

3) At present, you do need a DR's check up, you do not YET need blood work (that will change Jan 1st but this was the last event where you did NOT need blood work) and even after Jan 1st there is no CAT scan requirement

4) All fights are pre approved, and only AFTER medicals are in. According to the ABC (associaiton of boxing commissions) data base the fight was already approved, ie the medicals were already completed

So, pardon me, but again, WTF happened????? :confused:

Violent Designs
12-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Lies, lies, and more lies. And some BS throw in.

Just for people to save face.

Pathetic, the learn "traditional martial arts" and take the worst things from my culture and make that the focal point for that event.

"SAVING FACE" MY ASS.

YOU MIGHT HAVE SAVED YOUR OWN, BUT DISGRACED THE CMA/JMA COMMUNITY?

cerebus
12-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Just saw this vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkHRG4jHDGY

So... why didn't the fight happen? Karriem, who was in charge of the whole thing said "Okay, you guys can fight last on the card". But still no fight?

lkfmdc
12-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Just saw this vid...

So... why didn't the fight happen? Karriem, who was in charge of the whole thing said "Okay, you guys can fight last on the card". But still no fight?

read my post above and see why stuff in the video you just linked doesn't add up quite right?

Pork Chop
12-19-2009, 10:57 PM
bad weekend for kung fu...
this fiasco, china pulls some shady business in the latest sanshou vs muay thai card (see the Kaoklai fight), and cung gets ktfo
not looking good

cerebus
12-19-2009, 11:02 PM
read my post above and see why stuff in the video you just linked doesn't add up quite right?

Yeah, I know, it all sounds.... weird. Maybe we'll never get the real story...

lkfmdc
12-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I know, it all sounds.... weird. Maybe we'll never get the real story...

sad but quite likely.....

MasterKiller
12-20-2009, 07:08 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/29m147a.gif

MasterKiller
12-20-2009, 07:17 AM
So if BT is so ready to fight, why aren't his hands taped up yet? Where are his gloves?

He looks like he's been watching TV for 3 hours.

and LOL at the crowd. This is New Jersey? We can get more people in a fight in Choctaw, OK, and no one lives there.

IronWeasel
12-20-2009, 09:25 AM
So if BT is so ready to fight, why aren't his hands taped up yet? Where are his gloves?

He looks like he's been watching TV for 3 hours.

and LOL at the crowd. This is New Jersey? We can get more people in a fight in Choctaw, OK, and no one lives there.

From the vid (~7:12):

"The program changed from Point, to Kick boxing..."

So it was originally a match of POINT fighting??

Why those vicious, bloodthirsty, martial atrs killers!!

David Jamieson
12-20-2009, 09:28 AM
a) why was the program changed?

b) why didn't they fight?

This was clearly a poorly arranged deal. Unorganized. Yeesh, there was months leading up to this and then....nothing.

Dudes should get their act together. I hope they give those people their money back right away.

Frost
12-20-2009, 09:37 AM
did anyone actually expect this fight to take place? LMAO

bawang
12-20-2009, 09:43 AM
i feel disappointed because he used to have all those videos with big talk

Frost
12-20-2009, 09:45 AM
i feel disappointed because he used to have all those videos with big talk

and that makes him unique in CMA ....:eek:

Fa Xing
12-20-2009, 10:58 AM
There's more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPemXEauPbI

Phil Redmond
12-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Thank You for posting the link. I can understand both sides. Sifu Bell for being upset for all the time he put into training the long commute, the promoting he did for the fight as did Sensei Mo. I also can understand Sensei Mo for leaving after the changing of rules and promoter saying there is going to be a fight and not be a fight. Neither of these men in my opinion did any thing to jeopardize there systems as some on here say. If any thing there camps should of kept in better contact with the promoters. All fight cards are subject to change. (Promoter saying something about one of the camps showing up late). Best of luck to both men in the future and a lesson for the promoter on communication and handling of events.
Very good post. You said it all. It's refreshing to read a post that has balance.
(btw, I know what really happened and no, I'm not going to get into it online.)

Violent Designs
12-20-2009, 05:08 PM
It would be good to hear what "really happened."

This is just disgrace, maybe for everyone involved, the promoters, the fighters, and everybody else. I feel a little bit sick, actually.

Over here at my gyms we can get a smoker set up (with some care) and people will fight.

Can't these guys just use M.A.M. or something for a venue in the future...

Xiao3 Meng4
12-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Based on youtube video, it's been moved to 120 days from the 18th...?