PDA

View Full Version : Arnold Martial Art Festival

WinterPalm
12-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Anyone here ever compete in this event? There's one coming up in March and I'm interested in checking out the San Shou with my club.
What's the competition like? Wait times?

WinterPalm
12-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Here's the link:
http://www.arnoldmartialarts.com/

mooyingmantis
12-19-2009, 03:00 PM
I didn't see a location (city/state).

Richard

Three Harmonies
12-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Always in Columbus, Ohio. The heart of all that is good and Arnold;)

lkfmdc
12-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Worst event on the face of the planet....

WinterPalm
12-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Worst event on the face of the planet....

Can you elaborate? It'll cost me some money to travel and compete with my guys so this might help me make a decision...

Dragonzbane76
12-21-2009, 05:54 AM
you'll be waiting all day to compete, standing around and it's not very organized from what i've heard.
If you want to see the other stuff the classic offers then i suggest not entering to fight.,

Iron_Eagle_76
12-22-2009, 07:12 AM
I was going to compete there a few years back and Ross told me the same thing. From what he and others I have talked to said, the San Shou people were treated like crap and most stood around all day and did not get to compete until late that night, and that it was just an all around mess.

They have kickboxing this year, american rules, leg kick rules, and Muay Thai rules. I would like to compete in the leg kick rules division, as there is very little in the way of kickboxing competition in my area and Columbus is not that far. However, I would research it as much as possible and see if it has improved since Ross was there, because he said it was horrible than.