PDA

View Full Version : can you learn My Jhong Law Horn and Praying Manti and be good?

Flying Dragon
10-09-2001, 07:05 PM
I was wondering you any of you knew if you can learn both of the arts and be succesful? My Jhong is about using your feet alot so would they be compatable?

BeiTangLang
10-09-2001, 10:34 PM
Would be to ask your instructor or the instructor you plan to learn the second art from.
BTL

"In the name of peace, destroy your enemies!"-Unknown

Fire Horse
10-11-2001, 01:29 AM
It sounds like you and I are in the same situation. I am studying My Jong Law Horn and Taiji Praying Mantis concurrently, with two different clubs.

There are some similarities since both are Northern Shaolin styles, and I find the two are complimentary. Although I try to keep the training separate, I find that what I learn from one helps me with the other. A lot of the kicking drills in TJPM are similar to MJLH.

eyelm
10-11-2001, 04:43 AM
I think its fine to train in more than one discipline, as long as you can keep the differing principles in mind. I remember, quite clearly, my mother mastering My Jhong, and then adding Gin Ru May, and Bin Goh to her repertoire. Ah, but that was the 50's when the immortals of these arcane disciplines walked among us.