PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy the Festive Season!

LoneTiger108
12-22-2009, 03:40 AM
I know I haven't been around here for a while as things at home here in London, England, have kept me well and truly pre-occupied. And I don't mean that I've been training like a mad man, in fact the complete opposite! I feel like I've been 'in a cave', just working too hard and putting the Wing Chun to the side for a while while life levels out.

Things are looking better for the many students involved in the Lee Shing Family, with the eldest practitioners joining together to help perpetuate Wing Chun in the UK. Still, there is so much more to do and as I'm writing this no doubt there are already talks about the New Year celebrations of 2010. Hopefully next year we will see a rise in unity as it saddens me to see so much separation in the whole family these days.

So, to everybody who still believes we are 'One Family' and for those brothers, sisters, cousins and uncles who continue to help the new blood develop stronger mind, body and spirit...

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

k gledhill
12-22-2009, 06:00 AM
What do you mean by that ?! :D and to you and yours, merry xmass , happy hanukka, Kwanza, whatever floats your boat, and a happy new year. You should go see the other Spencer D.

LoneTiger108
12-23-2009, 01:11 PM
What do you mean by that ?! :D and to you and yours, merry xmass , happy hanukka, Kwanza, whatever floats your boat, and a happy new year. You should go see the other Spencer D.

Thanks for the advice Kev (again!) One of our lads trained with him a while back now and had good things to say about his class.

What I meant was that I have been very withdrawn lately, reading the writings on the wall!:D I want to get around a lot more in the New Year as I do miss the interactions with people.:(

LoneTiger108
12-25-2009, 02:46 AM
Looking at the madness on this forum, and having just a little time to read through the latest posts, I can see why I haven't bothered posting in a while!

Although all dialogue is good if we share direction and purpose I think that there is still something missing from the regular contributors here. No one seems 'open' and most seem totally fixed in their concepts and ideas, unwilling to change.

May you all discuss in peace your reasons for being you, and I will return to that cave of mine.

Maybe I'm just the same as you. ;)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Hardwork108
12-25-2009, 10:32 AM
I know I haven't been around here for a while as things at home here in London, England, have kept me well and truly pre-occupied. And I don't mean that I've been training like a mad man, in fact the complete opposite! I feel like I've been 'in a cave', just working too hard and putting the Wing Chun to the side for a while while life levels out.

Things are looking better for the many students involved in the Lee Shing Family, with the eldest practitioners joining together to help perpetuate Wing Chun in the UK. Still, there is so much more to do and as I'm writing this no doubt there are already talks about the New Year celebrations of 2010. Hopefully next year we will see a rise in unity as it saddens me to see so much separation in the whole family these days.

So, to everybody who still believes we are 'One Family' and for those brothers, sisters, cousins and uncles who continue to help the new blood develop stronger mind, body and spirit...

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hello Spencer,

Long time no see. I hope that we will see more of you from now on.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS.:)

LoneTiger108
12-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Hello Spencer,

Long time no see. I hope that we will see more of you from now on.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS.:)

I'd like to think I will get more time to write here but with the discussions tending to focus on fighting/sparring and all that jazz I may have to just get on with what I do best.

I want to produce a decent Wing Chun DVD that takes an alternative look at what the style consists of as a whole, rather than just concentrating on what the fists can do! :rolleyes:

Has anyone ever seen a pole form instructional or something on the rattan rings or wooden man training (not the 108)?

Hardwork108
12-27-2009, 01:43 AM
I'd like to think I will get more time to write here but with the discussions tending to focus on fighting/sparring and all that jazz I may have to just get on with what I do best.

Unfortunately, most people's understanding of what actual kung fu training entails limits their discussions to sparring and fighting talk. This mentally stops them seeing through arts that are by nature deep. So everytime they look in to SNT, they will look at it from a fighting angle and hence miss a lot of fundamental points about it.

This is just one example. However, people like you need to post, at least once in a while, so as to create a balance on what is discussed here.:)

want to produce a decent Wing Chun DVD that takes an alternative look at what the style consists of as a whole, rather than just concentrating on what the fists can do! :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good idea. Any kung fu style should be looked upon and studied holistically, otherwise one may end up with nothing but glorified kickboxing. A decent dvd will be a good approach.

Has anyone ever seen a pole form instructional or something on the rattan rings or wooden man training (not the 108)?

Personally no, but then I am more into books than dvds and my kung fu dvd collection is very small.

However, best of luck with your project as any attempt to enlighten people about Wing Chun should be applauded in a world full so much ignorance regarding this beautiful art.:)

HW108