PDA

View Full Version : incorporating hardwork into your martial arts training

uki
12-23-2009, 04:07 AM
LOL... seems to be quite a few ripples from that little pebble. :D

so i ask ya'll... do you incorporate hardwork into your martial arts training??? by this i mean how do you incorporate your day job into an aspect of your martial arts training?? are you the hardworking martial artist that sits behind a desk all day watching his a$$ grow?? are you the hardworking type who stands around "teaching" other egotistical knuckleheads how to "fight"?? are you a hardworking steel worker? a paramedic?? what kind of hardwork do you truly do at your "job" and how do you incorporate this into your martial arts practice?? :)

oh and for those who do not know... i am a mason. :p

Dragonzbane76
12-23-2009, 05:28 AM
fishing uki? lets see how many you get.

bawang
12-23-2009, 07:16 AM
i lift weights because i feel empty inside

Dragonzbane76
12-23-2009, 07:26 AM
are you an olympic weight lifter by chance? you know that's frowned upon around here. ;)

bawang
12-23-2009, 07:31 AM
noe
i lift 5 pound purple rubber weights

true story: a long time ago a wing chun guy in real life told me he strength trains by opening jars

goju
12-23-2009, 07:33 AM
i dont work womanz take care of me

though it could be reasoned that i use ninja mind tricks on them to get their moniez

bawang
12-23-2009, 07:34 AM
can i have sum monehs western union pls
pls man pls

Fa Xing
12-23-2009, 07:38 AM
can i have sum monehs western union pls
pls man pls

What happened to charging the gwailo for flowery kungfu lessons? You should be making a killing there off people like HW8 :D:cool:

goju
12-23-2009, 07:39 AM
i already gave you monies for the "how to be a jewish ninja for dummies" book and you didnt even read it!!!!:D

bawang
12-23-2009, 07:41 AM
i spend it on delicious kfc chicken legs
it is heroin to me

goju
12-23-2009, 07:50 AM
i spend it on delicious kfc chicken legs
it is heroin to me
(grabs bawang by the collar)

LOOK WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO YOURSELF BAWANG!!!!! YOU'RE THROWING YOUR LIFE AWAY ON CHICKEN WINGS!!!

YOURE OUT AT ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT !!!! YOU COME HOME REEKING OF THE POPCORN CHICKEN, YOUR EYES ARE ALWAYS BLOOD SHOT, YOU DONT TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS NO MORE! AND YOU LEAVE GREASY CHICKEN HAND PRINTS ON THE WALLS EVERY WHERE YOU GO

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF D@MN IT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE AND YOU END UP LIKE GENE CHING DID WITH HIS NACHO ADDICTION!!!!!

DO YOU WANNA END UP LIKE THAT!?!?

WELL DO YA?

bawang
12-23-2009, 07:59 AM
What happened to charging the gwailo for flowery kungfu lessons? You should be making a killing there off people like HW8 :D:cool:

thats a joke. i will nevar to teach you devils until the blood of the boxer rebels are avenged
(does secret kung fu salute)

seriously, reading hardwork and uki has reminded me how much i was like him when i was in junior high, and how i embarrased myself to kung fu people a few years ago( i thought i could make big money going to toronto right after high school, i ran out of monies for real and didnt eat for two days in big city toronto, and i started acting really weird). he inspires me to train harder so i dont end up like him

if anyone has spare time in the holidays lets train evey day 8 hours a day, and practice wude and give some monehs to the poor and homeless people, talk the talk walk the walk. if u see someone in real life on the road to a kung fu fantasay warrior, lets not make fun of them but try to help them and be kind. in real life if you hurt their feelings it will make things worse and they will never listen to you

kfson
12-23-2009, 08:23 AM
LOL... seems to be quite a few ripples from that little pebble. :D

so i ask ya'll... do you incorporate hardwork into your martial arts training??? by this i mean how do you incorporate your day job into an aspect of your martial arts training?? are you the hardworking martial artist that sits behind a desk all day watching his a$$ grow?? are you the hardworking type who stands around "teaching" other egotistical knuckleheads how to "fight"?? are you a hardworking steel worker? a paramedic?? what kind of hardwork do you truly do at your "job" and how do you incorporate this into your martial arts practice?? :)

oh and for those who do not know... i am a mason. :p

I have alot of respect for the Freemasons. What degree and faction do you belong? Step Up!

I sit at a desk and compress the blood vessels in my butt for 8 hours a day.

David Jamieson
12-23-2009, 08:27 AM
I have alot of respect for the Freemasons. What degree and faction do you belong? Step Up!

I sit at a desk and compress the blood vessels in my butt for 8 hours a day.

Uki isn't a freemason. He's a labourer who carts around stone.

goju
12-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Uki isn't a freemason. He's a labourer who carts around stone.

or is he?

we should tacklehim and tie him up and make him tell us the secrets about the new word world order and how lizard men from outerspace want to clone hitler and enslave us all

SPJ
12-23-2009, 08:42 AM
hard work in kung fu

1. hand

2. eye

3. body

4. method

5. step/stance

shou yan shen fa bu

some chores in the yard or on a farm may mimick

--

SPJ
12-23-2009, 08:48 AM
1. pushing the mill to grind soybean into soymilk

the hand, eye. body. method, stepping are origins of ba gua.

2. waving in the pot of water to mix dye or ink

cloud hand in tai chi

3. pushing and pulling the fan for old chinese big stove

pushing and pulling basic

4. carry the bamboo stick with 2 water buckets to fetcht the water

double extending fist

----

sanjuro_ronin
12-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Some hardwork is needed:
http://www.mywebpower.com/graphics/comments/thumbnails/funny_pictures/funny_spartan_40_year_old.jpg

uki
12-23-2009, 09:15 AM
He's a labourer who carts around stone.ouch... ummmm... you do realize that in order to create works of art with stone, you need to do the labour involved, eh?? the stones just don't stack themselves, they don't get off the ground and up into the air via ancient tibet lama levitation tricks... someone has to move all the stuff around, mix all the cement into mortar... then we have to lay and level it all. :rolleyes:

i am not a union mason, i don't stand around with my thumb up my a$$ and give orders, i do it all... well not the poured concrete walls, that's lazy mason work. :D

kfson
12-23-2009, 09:23 AM
ouch... ummmm... you do realize that in order to create works of art with stone, you need to do the labour involved, eh?? the stones just don't stack themselves, they don't get off the ground and up into the air via ancient tibet lama levitation tricks... someone has to move all the stuff around, mix all the cement into mortar... then we have to lay and level it all. :rolleyes:

i am not a union mason, i don't stand around with my thumb up my a$$ and give orders, i do it all... well not the poured concrete walls, that's lazy mason work. :D

Masons work tilt-up concrete construction?

Dragonzbane76
12-23-2009, 09:24 AM
so your the mason that doesn't get to use his imagination?

GO-FUR is the other term. Go get this go get that.

kfson
12-23-2009, 09:29 AM

GO-FUR is the other term. Go get this go get that.

I don't think the Freemasons appreciate that. Get your tinfoil cap on tight!

Dragonzbane76
12-23-2009, 09:33 AM
sorry my bad. (puts tinfoil hat on and hopes sanity returns.)

Scott R. Brown
12-23-2009, 10:08 AM

You must have missed the pictures of his back yard.

He said he was a Mason, NOT a hod-carrier......hod-carriers are the gophers!!:eek:

Yeez!! Get your insults straight before you make yourself look more foolish!:p

goju
12-23-2009, 10:11 AM
ouch... ummmm the stones just don't stack themselves, they don't get off the ground and up into the air via ancient tibet lama levitation tricks...

THEY DONT!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
**** all these years of tibetan lama levitation practice for nothing

Scott R. Brown
12-23-2009, 10:12 AM
THEY DONT!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
**** all these years of tibetan lama levitation practice for nothing

Yeah, but its a great way to meet chicks!

Kansuke
12-23-2009, 10:21 AM
i don't stand around with my thumb up my a$$ and give orders

No, you stand around with your thumb up your ass and juggle with the free hand.

kungfu!!!

Scott R. Brown
12-23-2009, 10:25 AM
No, you stand around with your thumb up your ass and juggle with the free hand.

kungfu!!!

Why not cut out the middle man/hand and just juggle with his butt?:D

Lucas
12-23-2009, 11:00 AM
hey uki, i have a buddy thats a mason here in portland, his boss created this stuff years ago called gorgestone. you guys use that at all?

he works for THE WALL (http://www.bythewall.com/) ive thought about getting into it a few years back but didnt cuz im lazy. :D

Dragonzbane76
12-23-2009, 11:11 AM
You must have missed the pictures of his back yard.

He said he was a Mason, NOT a hod-carrier......hod-carriers are the gophers!!

Yeez!! Get your insults straight before you make yourself look more foolish!

opps my bad... lol...I thought he said he was a hod-carrier (puts tinfoil hat back on)

uki
12-23-2009, 11:17 AM
You must have missed the pictures of his back yard. can't miss the window of opportunity when it comes to picture whoring. :D

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff350/mossjuice/erin005.jpg

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff350/mossjuice/erin011.jpg

ok this one isn't my backyard... but i am a face behind the masterpiece...

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff350/mossjuice/mpics021.jpg

not bad for a gopher. :)

p.s... if anyone is wondering why there is a rock sticking up out of the patio, it's so that we can all trip on it at one time or another.

David Jamieson
12-23-2009, 11:18 AM
ouch... ummmm... you do realize that in order to create works of art with stone, you need to do the labour involved, eh?? the stones just don't stack themselves, they don't get off the ground and up into the air via ancient tibet lama levitation tricks... someone has to move all the stuff around, mix all the cement into mortar... then we have to lay and level it all. :rolleyes:

You're not a banker mason either.
So...that makes you a labourer. :-)
Nothing wrong with that, but "stone mason" is more accurate. Wouldn't you say?

I don't think you're a hewer either are you?
You don't work in a quarry.

In fact, aren't you actually a landscaper of sorts?

But I guess, you can be whatever you want to be on the internet. :p

uki
12-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Nothing wrong with that, but "stone mason" is more accurate. Wouldn't you say?mason is a general term... we/i do stone, block, brick, and concrete... and of course the lick'em'stick em's.

I don't think you're a hewer either are you?
You don't work in a quarry. no i don't work in a quarry, but i do have stone chisels(that cost 100 bucks a pop) that you use a 3lb mallet on to cut, shape, and trim stone into whatever shape you want.

In fact, aren't you actually a landscaper of sorts? by hobby... my day job is a mason for a block, brick, stone crew... i labour for block work and am a stone mason for the stone work... i earn my boss alot of money around here. :)

But I guess, you can be whatever you want to be on the internet.i choose to be real. :D

David Jamieson
12-23-2009, 11:40 AM
*snip*
i choose to be real. :D

clearly, you don't. :)

Lucas
12-23-2009, 11:43 AM
hey uki, i have a buddy thats a mason here in portland, his boss created this stuff years ago called gorgestone. you guys use that at all?

he works for THE WALL (http://www.bythewall.com/) ive thought about getting into it a few years back but didnt cuz im lazy. :D

for realz curious. im wondering if they are the only ones that use gorge stone since they created it. they have some nice looking work though.

one cool thing is that in each wall, (they do other things than walls, but retaining walls is their main deal i believe) they have one stone that has THE WALL chiseled into it. it looks neat, and its free life long advertisement for anyone who sees the work. its a good idea.

my buddy excelled so quickly in his line of work. not only because hes a strong hard worker, but because hes an artist and applies that to his masonry. his walls by far look better than most.

uki
12-23-2009, 12:30 PM
for realz curious. im wondering if they are the only ones that use gorge stone since they created it. they have some nice looking work though.

one cool thing is that in each wall, (they do other things than walls, but retaining walls is their main deal i believe) they have one stone that has THE WALL chiseled into it. it looks neat, and its free life long advertisement for anyone who sees the work. its a good idea.

my buddy excelled so quickly in his line of work. not only because hes a strong hard worker, but because hes an artist and applies that to his masonry. his walls by far look better than most.forgive the failure to respond sooner... this is a new development with me. i can't say anything other than those who work with concrete, mortar, and stone are the sh!t. :)

clearly, you don't.i suggest you get your foggy perspective cleared up. :)

David Jamieson
12-23-2009, 12:50 PM
i suggest you get your foggy perspective cleared up. :)

I suggest you think before you type. Perhaps what you think is my fog is only your own.

Dragonzbane76
12-23-2009, 01:50 PM
I've did flagstone like in the picture you showed above around water falls. (mortar/sand level) Makes for a nice area. Yeah i was going to comment on the one stone sticking up but then you joked about it (inside joke i presume)

I give you a hard time uki but my father was a mason in his spare time from other job to make extra money. he poured concrete laid block etc. Honest profession. My grandfather was a boss in the carpenters union nothing that man couldn't build. I give respect to all those who work a full week in those kinda professions, it's not easy. Before my cubical job, i had a long list of jobs like that. Hardest job I ever had was Hard rock mining. dirties toughest job ever.

Lucas
12-23-2009, 01:59 PM
forgive the failure to respond sooner... this is a new development with me. i can't say anything other than those who work with concrete, mortar, and stone are the sh!t. :)

its basically man made stone, they pour the mixture (diff than concrete) into special molds they have and then peel them off and they have specifically shaped 'stones' makes for very very clean looking walls. although im sure the life is less, as its not real stone.

cool stuff, but i know my buddy prefers to shape his own stone with a hammer and a chisel.

one of the cool things they do is they will come in and rip out your drivway, poor a new one, and build you a wall with your old driveway lol.

David Jamieson
12-23-2009, 02:44 PM
my guild is better than your guild.

:D

uki
12-23-2009, 04:55 PM
my guild is better than your guild.na nana nana nana... :p

Hardwork108
12-23-2009, 07:29 PM
can't miss the window of opportunity when it comes to picture whoring. :D

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff350/mossjuice/erin005.jpg

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff350/mossjuice/erin011.jpg

ok this one isn't my backyard... but i am a face behind the masterpiece...

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff350/mossjuice/mpics021.jpg

not bad for a gopher. :)

Looking good Uki. :)

p.s... if anyone is wondering why there is a rock sticking up out of the patio, it's so that we can all trip on it at one time or another.

LOL!

Scott R. Brown
12-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Stone workers, masons and carpenters are CRAFTSMEN, NOT laborers!

Labors do not have skills, they dig holes & trenches, lug materials, and clean up.

Kpower
12-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Any man who gets up and works every day to feed his family deserves respect in my eyes no matter what his job is. I have worked some crappy jobs in my time just to get by and I will tell you that the hardest jobs I have ever had paid the least.

Actually let me restate that. Any man who wants to work deserves respect since many do and can't right now through no fault of their own.

Hardwork108
12-23-2009, 10:19 PM
i lift weights because i feel empty inside

IMHO Dave, I don't believe weight lifting is going to add any brain mass inside that empty head of yours.

You should stop believing in knucklehead myths made up by wet behind the ears cross trainers and finally start practicing kung fu with sifus who will teach you the real stuff. ;)

uki
12-24-2009, 05:02 AM
LOL!i can tell you that i trip on it ALL the time... what makes it such a great concept is that when you do trip on it doing form and what not, it usually takes you by suprise and you are forced to adapt and change in order to keep balance.

Stone workers, masons and carpenters are CRAFTSMEN, NOT laborers!yet on my crew, we usually share all the responsibility.

Labors do not have skills, they dig holes & trenches, lug materials, and clean up.i do that too... my boss is a one of the kind kinda guy.

Any man who gets up and works every day to feed his family deserves respect in my eyes no matter what his job is.this is true...

Any man who wants to work deserves respect since many do and can't right now through no fault of their own.it's getting bleak out there... we have had three bank robberies in less than a month within a half a mile of one another and that's just the bank robberies.

IMHO Dave, I don't believe weight lifting is going to add any brain mass inside that empty head of yours.unless of course it is juggling iron balls... it has been scientifically proven that juggling increases brain mass.

You should stop believing in knucklehead myths made up by wet behind the ears cross trainers and finally start practicing kung fu with sifus who will teach you the real stuff.real teachers like the wind, the tree, the birds, and the bee's. :D

Scott R. Brown
12-24-2009, 05:29 AM
yet on my crew, we usually share all the responsibility. i do that too... my boss is a one of the kind kinda guy.

I wouldn't say that. We did the same thing when I worked as a carpenter some 30 years ago. I think it is because you guys are non-union, just like we were!

uki
12-24-2009, 05:41 AM
I think it is because you guys are non-union, just like we were!yeah, although i know plenty of mason crews that operate union style... unions suck balls. :)

Hardwork108
12-24-2009, 01:33 PM
i can tell you that i trip on it ALL the time... what makes it such a great concept is that when you do trip on it doing form and what not, it usually takes you by suprise and you are forced to adapt and change in order to keep balance.
And then the adapting becomes more and more automatic. It kind of trains the mind subconsciously for other similar and perhaps some not so similar situations.:)

unless of course it is juggling iron balls... it has been scientifically proven that juggling increases brain mass.

I believe that Dave's coordination abilities are limited to juggling his own balls..LOL

real teachers like the wind, the tree, the birds, and the bee's. :D
That too.:)