PDA

View Full Version : Shameless bragging

Taryn P.
12-27-2009, 10:38 PM
I got promoted to Gracie Barra blue belt this week. :cool: :)

Come shake my hand... so I can grab you and choke you unconscious! :D

uki
12-28-2009, 03:47 AM
I got promoted to Gracie Barra blue belt this week.how much was that?? 19.95 + tax? :p

Come shake my hand... so I can grab you and choke you unconscious!you are sooo dangerous now aren't you?? :D

goju
12-28-2009, 04:02 AM
lol was a hell of alot more than 19.95:D
see they drag yuou alonga nd take your moneiz by giving yous tripes on you white belt first:rolleyes:

uki
12-28-2009, 04:15 AM
lol was a hell of alot more than 19.95:D
see they drag yuou alonga nd take your moneiz by giving yous tripes on you white belt firstcan't you just tape those white stripes on your belt yourself?? :D

Taryn P.
12-28-2009, 04:33 AM
how much was that?? 19.95 + tax? :p
you are sooo dangerous now aren't you?? :D

Come on over *HERE* and ask that! :p

Nah, it cost a lot more than that... monthly class fee, gi's, a *lot* of time and effort. I've sustained rib injuries three times since April- twice pretty bad, the third time not quite so severe but still ouchie. I am the tiniest person in the school. There are only two other female students above white belt here (one of them was promoted from white to blue the same night I was). I've been working really hard, though- sometimes putting in two classes a day.

Not that I care so much about belts and stripes, but it's really nice to have the positive feedback and validation that my grappling has improved a lot. The promotion was a total surprise, and I'm really excited about it. :)

goju
12-28-2009, 04:41 AM
can't you just tape those white stripes on your belt yourself?? :D

lol no they told us not to!!! you have to sow a black long cloth first on the white belt then they give you a white stripe and you sow it on there on top[ of that lol:D

Taryn P.
12-28-2009, 04:44 AM
No, NO, silly.... if you have the OFFICIAL white belt with the black bar on the end, you get white medical tape stripes. If you have a cheapie generic white belt with no bar on it, you get black electrical tape stripes. Don't you know ANYTHING?!?

;)

goju
12-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Come on over *HERE* and ask that! :p

Nah, it cost a lot more than that... monthly class fee, gi's, a *lot* of time and effort. I've sustained rib injuries three times since April- twice pretty bad, the third time not quite so severe but still ouchie. I am the tiniest person in the school. There are only two other female students above white belt here (one of them was promoted from white to blue the same night I was). I've been working really hard, though- sometimes putting in two classes a day.

Not that I care so much about belts and stripes, but it's really nice to have the positive feedback and validation that my grappling has improved a lot. The promotion was a total surprise, and I'm really excited about it. :)

hey ive just watched a whole half hour of wing chun anti grappling you dont scare me!!!!:D

women usually advance quicker at bjj because they are more relaxed they are supposed to be good to work with as well if your a guy because it teaches you not to use too much strength

however when your 6 foot two and 230 pounds and so are many of the other males at the gym its hard convincing the five three 110 pound woman to roll with you lol

goju
12-28-2009, 04:49 AM
No, NO, silly.... if you have the OFFICIAL white belt with the black bar on the end, you get white medical tape stripes. If you have a cheapie generic white belt with no bar on it, you get black electrical tape stripes. Don't you know ANYTHING?!?

;)

lol my stupid bjj gym didnt even tell us about that!:D

they insisted they way i described it

Taryn P.
12-28-2009, 04:59 AM
however when your 6 foot two and 230 pounds and so are many of the other males at the gym its hard convincing the five three 110 pound woman to roll with you lol

As I said, I'm the tiniest person in the whole school, and the average sizing here tends to run toward "linebacker" so I have no choice.

If the female grappler is primarily sport-oriented, and there are enough people near her own weight class to work with, she may not see the point of working with the larger guys. The defense-oriented grapplers want a variety of opponents of different sizes.

goju
12-28-2009, 05:02 AM
As I said, I'm the tiniest person in the whole school, and the average sizing here tends to run toward "linebacker" so I have no choice.

If the female grappler is primarily sport-oriented, and there are enough people near her own weight class to work with, she may not see the point of working with the larger guys. The defense-oriented grapplers want a variety of opponents of different sizes.

for the most part the one or two girls didnt get squished:D
though they made a face similar to this:eek: before we did reps or sparred lol

TaichiMantis
12-28-2009, 05:57 AM
Way to go Taryn!!! I'm closer to the 200 than the 110 and I always look for the bigger guys to go against...:p

Taryn P.
12-28-2009, 06:01 AM
Thanks! :)

I always feel like a chihuahua standing at the end of a row of pit bulls... it must look positively ridiculous. And now I'm a chihuahua standing in the MIDDLE of a row of pitbulls. :p

MasterKiller
12-28-2009, 07:27 AM
Good job, Taryn.

Pork Chop
12-28-2009, 09:46 AM
I got promoted to Gracie Barra blue belt this week. :cool: :)

Come shake my hand... so I can grab you and choke you unconscious! :D

good job! congrats!

uki
12-28-2009, 10:21 AM
I always feel like a chihuahua standing at the end of a row of pit bulls... it must look positively ridiculous. And now I'm a chihuahua standing in the MIDDLE of a row of pitbulls.tigers eat pitbulls for a snack, but we always enjoy a little taco bell now and again. :)

Dragonzbane76
12-28-2009, 10:38 AM
tigers eat pitbulls for a snack, but we always enjoy a little taco bell now and again.
haha concerning that dogs in nature usually tend to run in packs and can take down a much larger animal. tigers tend to be solitary so they do not hunter in packs (unless we are refering to lions, which is a different thing) I guess being a dumb big animal has its downfalls as well. Of course there will be casualties but the end result is the end result. So uki if you wanna be the tiger when the pack comes along have at it. :)

goju
12-28-2009, 11:19 AM
no seriously congrats taryn you deserve iT!
after all your sig has a quote from the worlds greatest poster:D

uki
12-28-2009, 12:37 PM
haha concerning that dogs in nature usually tend to run in packs and can take down a much larger animal. tigers tend to be solitary so they do not hunter in packs (unless we are refering to lions, which is a different thing) I guess being a dumb big animal has its downfalls as well. Of course there will be casualties but the end result is the end result. So uki if you wanna be the tiger when the pack comes along have at it.what exactly is your major malfunction you exuberantely ridonculous individual?? LOL... i bet you couldn't escape from being tied up with cooked spaghetti. if anyone gets taken down by dogs, they're obviously outta shape. :)

Dragonzbane76
12-28-2009, 01:36 PM
what exactly is your major malfunction you exuberantely ridonculous individual?? LOL... i bet you couldn't escape from being tied up with cooked spaghetti. if anyone gets taken down by dogs, they're obviously outta shape.

malfunction haha boredom I would eloquently spout with contentious zeal if we must get into a bout of words. :)

and i bet you couldn't fight your way outta a wet paper bag so we are even ground I guess.

a pack uki a pack there is a difference you know it's called more than one oh.. can you count that high? I would pay good money to see you fight a pack of hungry dogs. I'm sure nature would prove to much in the end for you. ah well i'd like to watch though, would be fun. :p

Pork Chop
12-28-2009, 02:55 PM
if anyone gets taken down by dogs, they're obviously outta shape. :)

lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMwRGVLuq1Y

Lucas
12-28-2009, 03:59 PM
congrats to you

Taryn P.
12-29-2009, 10:31 AM
HEY, this is my congratulatory thread..... if you guys are going to squabble here, you have to at the very least include a line of congratulations for my promotion in each post (and copying the same line over and over doesn't count!)

no seriously congrats taryn you deserve iT!
after all your sig has a quote from the worlds greatest poster:D

Goju, I laughed my butt off when I read that quote.... mostly because I am *exactly* the sort of Tiger stylist that you might see running around on all fours going RAWWWWWR at people.

Dragonzbane76
12-29-2009, 10:51 AM
haha congrats on your promotion. Good luck. sorry for the run off with uki. He gets a little excited when someone starts talking anything else besides TCMA. ;)

goju
12-29-2009, 11:03 AM
. I am *exactly* the sort of Tiger stylist that you might see running around on all fours going RAWWWWWR at people.

well i mean who DOESNT do that from time to time?:D
heck im not even a tiger stylist an ocassionally i do that to people

especially women in bars lol:D

MasterKiller
12-29-2009, 12:07 PM
mostly because I am *exactly* the sort of Tiger stylist that you might see running around on all fours going RAWWWWWR at people.
* boing *

TaichiMantis
12-29-2009, 01:29 PM
* boing *

See...I knew he was a Tigger stylist!:D

Lucas
12-29-2009, 02:44 PM
i remember that thread, ukis reply was awesome to gojus post. 5 points street cred for the person that links it. :D

congrats again. wanna fight?

1bad65
12-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Congrats for earning your Blue Belt.

goju
12-29-2009, 04:03 PM
i remember that thread, ukis reply was awesome to gojus post. 5 points street cred for the person that links it. :D

congrats again. wanna fight?

yes that was quite an epic thread all together:D

Lucas
12-29-2009, 04:19 PM
thats cuz i was there, and im totally epic. at least thats what they say about lucas jr.

:D

goju
12-29-2009, 05:43 PM
lol and weve derailed/ruined this poor girls thread as well:D

Lucas
12-29-2009, 05:55 PM
lol and weve derailed/ruined this poor girls thread as well:D

gotta stick to what you are good at.

congrats on the belt promote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saved...

Taryn P.
12-30-2009, 03:24 AM
Thanks, all! :rolleyes: :)

uki
12-30-2009, 03:29 AM
i have a set of big blue juggling balls. :)

Taryn P.
12-30-2009, 03:31 AM
I've heard that about you.

goju
12-30-2009, 03:34 AM
i have a set of big blue juggling balls. :)
lol
wheres ray this is all this threads needs to make it complete

goju
12-30-2009, 03:54 AM
Thanks, all! :rolleyes: :)

http://www.funmunch.com/comments/funny/funny_comment_graphic_13.gif

uki
12-30-2009, 03:55 AM
lol
wheres ray this is all this threads needs to make it completehe's still nursing that broken pinky...

Merryprankster
01-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Congrats! Now the fun begins ;-)

Goju - the advancing faster/not advancing faster stuff is a myth. Seen plenty of big guys advance quickly and plenty of smaller ones do horribly.

Training SMART is the key to success. And no size has a monopoly on dumb ;-)

Taryn P.
01-10-2010, 09:14 AM
And no size has a monopoly on dumb ;-)

That's a great quote. :)