PDA

View Full Version : Form Question

mantis7
10-18-2001, 05:15 AM
I was asked by a friend about a paticular for.. I dont know this form and was wondering if it was even a mantis form.. can someone please tell me if this form is a mantis (7 star) form.. the name is Tie bi shou ( iron arm) what does this form consist of if it is a mantis form.. what aspect does it train

Thanks all
Victor :cool:

yingching
10-18-2001, 02:14 PM
I personally have never heard of it. Perhaps you can check out Carl Albrights site, he has quite an exstensive list of forms on there.

Tainan Mantis
10-18-2001, 06:17 PM
Wah Lum Mantis has a form called TIEH MEN SUAN. That means iron door bolt. They usually call the form little mantis.

But I think the form you mentioned may be TIEH MEN KO BI, That is of Plum Flower as taught by Li Kun Shan. I remember that my teacher had a shorter name I think was TIEH BI. I'm not sure as I only wantd to know the full name.

Can you provide any more details?

mantis7
10-18-2001, 08:09 PM
Tie bi shou ( iron arm) is the full name i did some reserch on it but so far inconclusive... just the name and the spelling i know the two spellings i recived are tie bi shou and teed bay sou

This is the web site stating that it is from the whf lineage... I dont know this is the only trace of info i found....http://members.aol.com/beishaolin/qixing.html

Tainan Mantis
10-19-2001, 06:41 AM
I haven't heard of this form in WHF lineage. If you haven't seen the form then there isn't much more we can do.
If you get a manuscript or do get to see the form let us know.

seven_stars
07-08-2002, 12:05 PM
atuly it is! i take it and its verry effective! im only yellow sash but so far its good:)