PDA

View Full Version : Tzi-mun chuan (word style)

kfson
12-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Anyone familiar with this form?

"TZI-MUN CHUAN (WORD STYLE)

Also called the Godlike Form of Ultimate Nothingness. The practice involves eighteen key words with the characteristic of extremely speedy change of intent. The emphasis is on the training of tendons and energy during free sparring which in turn helps strengthen the body and mind."

http://www.nistaichiandkungfu.com/menu.html

uki
12-29-2009, 07:35 AM
i wrote some spontaneous "6 elbows" methods in one of my journals several years ago... i never heard of it then or until now... very interesting to say the least.

Xiao3 Meng4
12-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Cool. 18 words is keeping it pretty frugal. I wonder how they're practiced?

I use 64 words, divided into 16 lines.

6 elbows? What are you, some kind of interdimensional kinesiologic oddity? ;)

uki
12-30-2009, 04:38 AM
Cool. 18 words is keeping it pretty frugal. I wonder how they're practiced?remember... 18 reduces to 9, the number of change. it is quite obvious that the ancient masters were well informed of the power of numbers in relation to physical manifestation. :)

I use 64 words, divided into 16 lines.8 is the number of infinity, perfection - the totality of the universe...

6 elbows?i broke it down even more... the 6 "elbows" of the body are: back of the hand, the elbow, the shoulder, the hip, the knee, and the backside(your butt). now you have established the 6 "bending points"(for lack of a better description aside from calling them elbows), each point except the backside, has two per set for a total of 11 fundamentual striking "fists" and to keep in harmony with numerology, celestial mechanics, and differential equations, you can add the head(like a comet coming from behind the sun) to make the total 12(two groups of 6), yet keeping with the original 6 elbows and 11 fists, we have a numerical value of 8, which now brings us into the realm of many, many martial concepts regarding possible striking combinations, angles, orbital trajectories, cardinal directions and strike positioning... now include depth perceptions and points inbetween... man... i am getting dizzy. :p

What are you, some kind of interdimensional kinesiologic oddity? something like that. :D

kfson
12-30-2009, 09:21 AM
remember... 18 reduces to 9, the number of change. it is quite obvious that the ancient masters were well informed of the power of numbers in relation to physical manifestation. :)
8 is the number of infinity, perfection - the totality of the universe...
i broke it down even more... the 6 "elbows" of the body are: back of the hand, the elbow, the shoulder, the hip, the knee, and the backside(your butt). now you have established the 6 "bending points"(for lack of a better description aside from calling them elbows), each point except the backside, has two per set for a total of 11 fundamentual striking "fists" and to keep in harmony with numerology, celestial mechanics, and differential equations, you can add the head(like a comet coming from behind the sun) to make the total 12(two groups of 6), yet keeping with the original 6 elbows and 11 fists, we have a numerical value of 8, which now brings us into the realm of many, many martial concepts regarding possible striking combinations, angles, orbital trajectories, cardinal directions and strike positioning... now include depth perceptions and points inbetween... man... i am getting dizzy. :p
something like that. :D

Some people may not have a clue about your description. Can you break it down into more detail and describe why it may be important?

uki
12-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Some people may not have a clue about your description. then obviously it wasn't for them to understand yet. :)

Can you break it down into more detail and describe why it may be important?do your own homework. :p

kfson
12-30-2009, 12:07 PM
then obviously it wasn't for them to understand yet. :)
do your own homework. :p

It was your post. I didn't want to steal your thunder.

Yay! [cheerleader image]

uki
12-31-2009, 03:01 AM
It was your post. I didn't want to steal your thunder.the thunder is not mine to steal... go ahead... steal away. :)

Taiping
01-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Anyone familiar with this form?

"TZI-MUN CHUAN (WORD STYLE)

Also called the Godlike Form of Ultimate Nothingness. The practice involves eighteen key words with the characteristic of extremely speedy change of intent. The emphasis is on the training of tendons and energy during free sparring which in turn helps strengthen the body and mind."

http://www.nistaichiandkungfu.com/menu.html

That is a strange description "Godlike Form of Ultimate Nothingness"..... has nothing to do with it.

Anyways. Tzi Mun Chuan is possibly the taiwanese romanization of the Pinyin equivalent Zi Men Quan (Character Gate Boxing), chinese uses characters not words per se. This is common in Jiangxi province. For further information visit: http://www.satirio.com/ma/zimen/intro.html and videos can be found here: http://www.satirio.com/ma/zimen/gallery.html or on our youtube channel.