PDA

View Full Version : Result of my first fight.

Fuzzplop
01-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Hi everyone, i went for my fight but the guy i was supposed to be fighting was unfortunately injured but as i had travelled a way to be there one of there other fighters offered me a couple rounds of boxing at the end of the night, i lost on points but it was a great night and i learnt alot and everyone was really nice.
Heres the link to the video if you are interested...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duloR7FIadE

Any tips would be welcome, i hope you all had a very happy Christmas and New year :)

Hardwork108
01-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone, i went for my fight but the guy i was supposed to be fighting was unfortunately injured but as i had travelled a way to be there one of there other fighters offered me a couple rounds of boxing at the end of the night, i lost on points but it was a great night and i learnt alot and everyone was really nice.
Heres the link to the video if you are interested...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duloR7FIadE

Any tips would be welcome, i hope you all had a very happy Christmas and New year :)

First of all congratulations on your first fight.

I am no boxer but I would say that your guard was too low. You also tended to drop your left when you punched with your right.

You went back too much. Of course, I know that it was your first fight and that you did not want to take too many chances but I guess in the future you will do less going back and perhaps stand your ground more as well as use a little angling foot work.

I looked at your clip from a kung fu perspective as I don't box but I am sure that there are others with boxing experience here ( and believe me, there are more of them here than there are actual kung fu guys, LOL) who can give you more advice.

Once again , congratulations,:)

HW108

Kansuke
01-01-2010, 05:41 PM
I am no boxer

Then STFU you pathetic clown. If you ever get to the point where you can fight your way out of a wet paper bag you can start advising others. Until then just keep playing "I'm a real kungfu man!" in your basement, fool.

Hardwork108
01-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Then STFU you pathetic clown. If you ever get to the point where you can fight your way out of a wet paper bag you can start advising others. Until then just keep playing "I'm a real kungfu man!" in your basement, fool.

Too late Dave Ross, I have worked my way to fighting my way out of a dry paper bag. Some of us evolve, you know!:D

Now Dave, why don't you be kind enough and leave this thread in peace and limit your trolling to the ones you have infested already.

Thanks in advance.

Kansuke
01-01-2010, 05:57 PM
I have worked my way to fighting my way out of a dry paper bag.

No one believes even that much of you, *****.

Hardwork108
01-01-2010, 06:03 PM
No one believes even that much of you, *****.
You will believe Dave Ross, once you reach my level of fighting skill.:)

Kansuke
01-01-2010, 07:45 PM
You will believe Dave Ross, once you reach my level of fighting skill.

I hope he doesn't suffer so serious an injury as to be reduced to that, you feeble, useless fraud.

wiz cool c
01-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I agree with these guys, if you're not a boxer then STFU.

Hardwork108
01-01-2010, 09:18 PM
I agree with these guys, if you're not a boxer then STFU.
Your answer is worthy of a true McTai Chi practitioner.

Kansuke
01-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Your answer is worthy of a true McTai Chi practitioner.

Maybe you missed the 'STFU' part, loser.

Hardwork108
01-01-2010, 09:33 PM
I believe that Dave Ross is upset. LOL

Iron_Eagle_76
01-01-2010, 10:05 PM

First and foremost good for you for stepping in and fighting. The main problem I saw was you dropping your hands. Keep your hands up, chin down, and use the jab more. Mix things up and double up on your jab and work on combinations. Your stance was also a little wide. When kickboxing you need this stance but in boxing keeping a more narrow stance allows you better body movement and quicker combinations.

Two tips in boxing to improve your striking power are when throwing the jab let the weight sink on your front leg, this will give the "pop" that you want and set up your power strikes. Also, at my boxing gym we do what my coach calls "turn the thumb" where you turn your glove to where your thumb faces away from your head. When you throw the cross you turn the glove over as you throw the punch. I find it is somewhat similiar to the reverse punch in karate if you are familiar with that. This makes the cross much more powerful and explosive.

Hope that helps. Also, don't be too hard on yourself about the loss, sometimes you learn more from a loss than a win.;)