PDA

View Full Version : Robin Hood

MightyB
02-25-2009, 09:56 AM
So, were his actions on behalf of the poor righteous, or were they communist redistribution methods that destroyed the very fabric of a morally just society?

Exadon
02-25-2009, 10:00 AM
So, were his actions on behalf of the poor righteous, or were they communist redistribution methods that destroyed the very fabric of a morally just society?

Hahaha, I don’t think any one party is right I do think it is clear that Robin hood would be a Democrat. He stole from the rich and gave to the poor.

TenTigers
02-25-2009, 10:01 AM
he'd be a Libertarian

uki
02-25-2009, 10:01 AM
there is more to life than being a republican or a democrat... actually there is a life if you are neither. :D

Exadon
02-25-2009, 10:04 AM
there is more to life than being a republican or a democrat... actually there is a life if you are neither. :D

I am sure the other sides have a life... but it may be a life full of hate towards the other side.

David Jamieson
02-25-2009, 10:16 AM
he'd be a freedom fighter striking against a fascist aristocracy who steals money through taxation of the people.

remember his biggest enemy was the government. so he'd be a republican.
a rebel freedom fighting terrorist republican. :)

MightyB
02-25-2009, 10:18 AM
he'd be a freedom fighter striking against a fascist aristocracy who steals money through taxation of the people.

Thanks, I just spit coffee out my nose laughing with this one. Now my coworkers think I'm crazy.

Exadon
02-25-2009, 10:19 AM

That's a pretty good point.

I guess all and all IMHO he would not fit into either party. He was just trying to fight corruption and helping people who needed money the most

and I think we all can agree that both parties are corrupt.

Oso
02-25-2009, 03:38 PM
most people are corrupt...especially in large groups, or any group identifying themselves as anything.

uki
02-25-2009, 05:08 PM
most people are corrupt...especially in large groups, or any group identifying themselves as anything.does this include large groups belonging to a kung fu school? :p

Zenshiite
02-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Depends on the incarnation of the legend you're following. More modern takes tend to depict King Richard's court and the way the nobles conducted themselves as if it was some sort of quasi-democracy utopia akin to Camelot. Other, earlier, legends just make Robin out to be a usual bandit and NOT a noble. Heck, not even giving to the poor so much as creating mayhem with the nobles.

Anyways, the legend that has him as trying to preserve King Richard's kingdom and how he dealt with the serfs versus the way Prince John was dealing with the serfs in a new tyrannical way... the guy would be a conservative of sorts.

I don't think either of these political parties fit the bill for Robin Hood.

Oso
02-25-2009, 06:43 PM
does this include large groups belonging to a kung fu school? :p

most especially those nut jobs!!!!

Oso
02-25-2009, 06:43 PM
most especially those nut jobs!!!!

anyone who thinks that they are not in some way crazy needs their head examined. we're all crazy.

David Jamieson
02-26-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks, I just spit coffee out my nose laughing with this one. Now my coworkers think I'm crazy.

Anything I can do to introduce new age sinus cleaning methods bud! :p

GreenCloudCLF
02-26-2009, 09:51 AM
anyone who thinks that they are not in some way crazy needs their head examined. we're all crazy.

My regular quote at work goes like this: "We are all crazy. Since I admit I am crazy, I am less crazy than you. Anyone who denies their insanity is the worst off."

Usually followed with someone saying: "I'm not crazy!"

And me following up with: "Exactly!"

Lucas
01-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Just saw a preview for Robin Hood with Russel Crowe. very gladiator-esq

looks like its going to be good. im a fan of the robin hood story, and have seen all the adaptions I could get my hands on over the years. this one looks like its going to trump them all.

GeneChing
01-06-2010, 04:54 PM
'Robin Hood' Trailer HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSqL9ygBCck)
Ridley Scott, Russell Crowe & Cate Blanchett, plus sword fights? I'm all in. :)

Lucas
01-06-2010, 05:19 PM
oh thanks for the link, i guess i should have provided one ><

it looks like its going to be the most action packed exciting adaption yet, ill see ya there. :D

ghostexorcist
01-06-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm going to pass on this one. Whey did they make another one after Keven Costner's version. There is no point in remaking a movie that is only 19 years old. And, as somebody already mention, it seems too much like gladiator.

I imagine Mel Brook's version will stand as the better of the three.

Lucas
01-07-2010, 09:59 AM
the thing though is this one has an element that none of the others really had. good solid hardcore battle action. ill see it just for that. I didnt like the costner version myself. ive seen worse movies and enjoyed em just for the action scenes, and like it or not, the action in gladiator was top notch.

the version made at the same time as the costner version but made for tv (with patrick bergin/uma thurman), because the cast wasnt as famous, is the best to date imo.

goju
01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
oh god this is gonna be horrendous:D

Lucas
01-07-2010, 11:06 AM
you mean horrendously awesome! the one scene of the arrow being released witha close up on the bowstring slapping the wrist guard looks so legit it makes me want to go bow hunting...

sanjuro_ronin
01-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Ok, while the Robin Hood one looked good, the clash of the titans looked better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6CJenNMsb4&feature=channel

And costners Robin Hood sucked ass outside of Rickmans awesome work.

Lucas
01-07-2010, 11:23 AM
i was just thinking the otherday that they need to make some greek mythology movies. that stuff is full of material that modern movie making can do wonders with.

goju
01-07-2010, 11:28 AM
i was just thinking the otherday that they need to make some greek mythology movies. that stuff is full of material that modern movie making can do wonders with.

you mean to tell me you never seen troy with brad pitt! LOL:eek::D

Lucas
01-07-2010, 11:42 AM
you mean to tell me you never seen troy with brad pitt! LOL:eek::D

all the myth was removed, achilles was, by myth, mystical. all of his organs should have been housed in his heel. his body should have been empty and impervious to weapons of man. but instead they just did it all boring and devoid of the greek mythology that made him what he was supposed to be. in that movie he should have been sticked, cut, and shot tons of times but invincible.

they ruined the myth.

SnowDog
01-07-2010, 01:23 PM
That would have been awesome if they kept the mythology aspect of the Iliad in the movie Troy. Of course I love all that crazy Mythology magic and Monsters crap. :)

The new Clash of the Titans does look like it's going to be pretty sweet. I always thought more mythology movies would be great.

Plus I think we need some good Norse Mythology movies. If you've ever read some of that stuff, it was all about the battles, fighting and the Monsters (even their gods get killed). It seriously would be like LOTR meets the opening battle scenes from Gladiator.

Oh, and I think this Robin Hood might finally make up for the crapfest that was K Kosner's. Hell, at least the battle scenes will be realistic w/ Ridley Scott directing.

Lucas
01-07-2010, 02:03 PM
ya definately, when i get home im going to have to look at the titan trailer, i had no idea it was being made.

the great thing about old school europian myth and their stories is that they end tragically a lot of the times, i always found it neat

if that hercules tv show had never happend, that would be the next big sword and sorcery action flick.