PDA

View Full Version : Some info please

Aslan78
01-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Reading this site - http://waterspirit6x8.tripod.com/index.html - I found this styles and so I would ask if you can give me more information about:

1-Hun Yuan Taijiquan
2-Mian Quan
3-Tai Tzu Chang Chuan

Any help please!

PS there are other water-style in china that pre-date or are different from liuhebafa?

KTS
01-07-2010, 07:27 AM
i only have experience with chen shi xin yi hunyuan taijiquan, so that is what i will comment on.

chen shi xinyi hunyuan taijiquan (hunyuan taiji for short) is a slight variation of chen family taiji as taught by chen fake. feng zhiqiang, a main student of chen fake, developed chen taiji into chen hunyuan taiji, after 40+ years of study and practice.

hunyuan taiji contains your standard chen style taiji. but, in this modified form itself, there are several differences, some of which are slight, and some of which are very noticeable.

hunyuan taiji's forms contain more apparent silk reeling and dan tien rotation practices than what you see in standard chen taiji. basically, feng combined dan tien training with silk reeling training into the form itself, and also added lead-in circles and made the spiral training more apparent. and, to be noted, the hunyuan qigong principals, which comes from his xinyi teacher hu yaozhen, are trained within the form as well.

it is a complete system, with an exceptional qigong system, many body training methods, drills and push hands, and free sparring practices.

besides what u mentioned, what other boxing methods are on the website?

Aslan78
01-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Tanks for your help,

the other styles are:
- Lu Hong Ba Shi
- Yi Quan
- Wun Cheun Yut Hay Geun

So for any other helps I'll look here!
Thanks again for your help!