PDA

View Full Version : Take out jong

Phil Redmond
01-12-2010, 07:20 PM
These dummies are perfect for taking to demos, for small apartments. You can even punch, knee, elbow, or whatever to them. The base has been made larger from the original and now you can adjust the height. If anyone's interested contact me.
http://www.youtube.com/user/wckwoon

anerlich
01-12-2010, 08:33 PM
I took jong out, but she was cold, hard and unresponsive ... almost wooden.

Seriously, though, Phil, it came up with "This video has been removed by the user" when I clicked on the link.

Dale Dugas
01-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Yeah the video is not there anymore.

I just bought a tripod dummy from great lion company.

Great dummy that can take a beating.

JT1125
01-12-2010, 09:00 PM
These are the new wooden dummies that Bok Lei Tat sells right? I remember the guy showed my dad and me this video before they moved to flushing.

Phil Redmond
01-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Try again. It's up there now.
http://www.youtube.com/user/wckwoon

Phil Redmond
01-12-2010, 09:06 PM
These are the new wooden dummies that Bok Lei Tat sells right? I remember the guy showed my dad and me this video before they moved to flushing.
Yes, Johnathan and I will be selling them.

kung fu fighter
01-13-2010, 07:10 AM
Yes, Johnathan and I will be selling them.

how much are they?

sanjuro_ronin
01-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Ok, that was very cool.
I need a new one as my old one is on its last legs...
SO the standard dummy spins and everything or is that an upgrade?

Dale Dugas
01-14-2010, 08:19 AM
looks cool.

I bought a pvc body dummy from Great Lion company in the Hung Gar mode with wider arms than the standard Wing Chun dummies. Cocobolo arms make it very sweet to hit and move around.

sanjuro_ronin
01-14-2010, 09:19 AM
looks cool.

I bought a pvc body dummy from Great Lion company in the Hung Gar mode with wider arms than the standard Wing Chun dummies. Cocobolo arms make it very sweet to hit and move around.

Can it handle the abuse?
I always worry about that with PVC.

And in regards to the suction on this model Phil, can IT handle the abuse?

Phil Redmond
01-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Can it handle the abuse?
I always worry about that with PVC.

And in regards to the suction on this model Phil, can IT handle the abuse?
It depends on what kind of abuse. I've seen arms and legs broken on sturdy wooden jong. The Da Bao Jong can take a decent amount punishment.

SAAMAG
02-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I wonder if it gives enough feedback. For example, if I were to do a few thai / kyokushin round kicks in a row, would the dummy's body be able to give enough rebound or feedback relative to someone holding pads or say a 200 lb heavy bag?

It just looks as if it sways so easily and so much that it wouldn't feel "solid" hitting it. Not to mention its resiliance. I drop bags all the time, at the gym, at the thai gym, how would this one fare in reality?