PDA

View Full Version : shaolin wing chun clips

punchdrunk
01-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Stumbled across this www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe9_H8EkM4I&feature=channel
there are more on his channel. I think he is HFY because of his shirt and website.

stonecrusher69
01-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Stumbled across this www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe9_H8EkM4I&feature=channel
there are more on his channel. I think he is HFY because of his shirt and website.

I noticed he moves his shoulder when he punches.. Looks like he's also holding his breath.

duende
01-17-2010, 11:28 PM
That's most likely one of our Brazillian students. Looks to me like he's doing a good job expressing what he's learned. Covering his upper gate and demonstrating some fist/elbow awareness.

Of course there's room for improvement, but hey... Isn't there always. :). He was breathing btw.

punchdrunk
01-18-2010, 01:20 PM
I noticed he moves his shoulder when he punches.. Looks like he's also holding his breath.

I just thought it was interesting to see the differences... hell I move my whole body when I punch. Duende's right there's always room for improvement. I appreciate the glimpse of HFY.

sanjuro_ronin
01-18-2010, 01:26 PM
I especially like the clips tagged "the POWER of Shaolin WC".
:D

taai gihk yahn
01-18-2010, 02:20 PM
I especially like the clips tagged "the POWER of Shaolin WC".
:D
is this the same system as the um, the Spartan folks?

stonecrusher69
01-18-2010, 02:26 PM
I just thought it was interesting to see the differences... hell I move my whole body when I punch. Duende's right there's always room for improvement. I appreciate the glimpse of HFY.

The differences between what? a chain punch is a chain punch. BTW what's the point and purpose of that?

Wayfaring
01-18-2010, 02:33 PM
He was breathing btw.

He was breathing. Especially right as he was punching at those candles. ;)

duende
01-18-2010, 03:42 PM
He was breathing. Especially right as he was punching at those candles. ;)

Hahaha

Btw... I must respectfully disagree with the notion that one chain punch is the same as any other.

For starters differences can be:

1. Where the punch begins, where it ends (reference points.. guard maintained or not)
2. Extension of the arm range (straight arm vs. gate coverage/maintaining of guard)
3. Wrist (bent wrist vs. locked wrist)
4. Elbow alignment (flying elbow vs. sunken elbow)
5. Focus point of contact (knuckle focus vs. sun fist)
6. Elbow range (collapsed guard vs. forward guard)

I could go on. But in our system, this all has to do with the gate theory, and the concept of simultaneous attack and defense (both in one arm and two arms). Or what we refer to as box theory. (inside the box vs. outside the box).

Minute differences to some. Major differences to others.

mjw
01-19-2010, 11:38 AM
I'M NO EXPERT THOUGH i WASN'T REALLY IMPRESSED BY THE VIDEO

sanjuro_ronin
01-19-2010, 12:52 PM
is this the same system as the um, the Spartan folks?

No comment.

Iron-Man
01-20-2010, 07:14 AM
The differences between what? a chain punch is a chain punch. BTW what's the point and purpose of that?

Oh Dear you have just exposed how inadequate your level of V.T comprehension. Maybe more exposure would be wise before making yourself sound .........umm:rolleyes:

TAYLOR1
01-20-2010, 09:33 PM
It does look like he's a student in Brazil. As Duende mentioned, he seems to be expressing what he's learned so far.