PDA

View Full Version : White Tiger Question for B-Rad.

Hardwork108
01-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Hmm... found some northern longfist white tiger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUF3DyeOosY

Hello B-Rad,

You posted the above link in the Southern Forums. I was going to ask you this question there but the moderator decided to close the thread inspite of your post that added an interesting and SIGNIFICANT development to the subject matter of the thread which was White Tiger!!!:confused:

ANYWAY, thank you for posting the clip. I am curious to know wether the Long Fist White Tiger in the clip is a Northern Style of its own or wether it is just a form within another style?

HW108

sanjuro_ronin
01-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Instead of being an ass you could have just asked what happened like Tao.
It was a mistake and it has been re-opened.
Jerk off.

Hardwork108
01-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Instead of being an ass you could have just asked what happened like Tao.
It was a mistake and it has been re-opened.
Jerk off.

How was I supposed to know it was a "mistake" as it seems that you have been making a lot of such "mistakes" lately........probably to make me look responsible for the closing down of threads?

OR was it a Freudian "mistake"????? LOL!

uki
01-20-2010, 12:53 PM
looks like red communist wushu to me - lacking intention and depth. :p

sanjuro_ronin
01-20-2010, 12:57 PM
How was I supposed to know it was a "mistake" as it seems that you have been making a lot of such "mistakes" lately........probably to make me look responsible for the closing down of threads?

OR was it a Freudian "mistake"????? LOL!

You ask, like Tao did.

uki
01-20-2010, 01:06 PM
You askask what?curse this post length sh!t...

sanjuro_ronin
01-20-2010, 01:14 PM
ask what?curse this post length sh!t...

That IS THE question, isn't it?

Hardwork108
01-20-2010, 01:36 PM
You ask, like Tao did.
Tao doesn't know you as well as I do!

sanjuro_ronin
01-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Tao doesn't know you as well as I do!

Pervert !
:D

David Jamieson
01-20-2010, 02:54 PM
looks like red communist wushu to me - lacking intention and depth. :p

lol @ "red communist"

I thought the same thing, but mash up with tan tui and maybe some longfist.
It's the skippy steps in the middle that give it away as crap and the sheer lack of anything even remotely tiger in flavour or technique that define it as not a tiger style or system or derived from etc.

Lucas
01-20-2010, 02:58 PM
ya i got a quarter through it but after all those spear hands and where he almost fell down doing a basic standard armwheel....i just had to stop. :p

uki
01-20-2010, 03:14 PM
I thought the same thing, but mash up with tan tui and maybe some longfist. It's the skippy steps in the middle that give it away as crap and the sheer lack of anything even remotely tiger in flavour or technique that define it as not a tiger style or system or derived from etc.it was pretty ****ing dull that's for sure.

ya i got a quarter through it but after all those spear hands and where he almost fell down doing a basic standard armwheel....i just had to stop.i dunno how anyone could have missed the "almost" during the armwheel... LOL... i did finish watching it though.

i mean to be fair, form is form, but defining this as anything remotely "tiger" is asinine.

Lucas
01-20-2010, 03:26 PM
okay so i watched the full thing. it looks very very very similar to a modern long fist contemp performance routine that i learned years ago, with some 'southern' 'wannabetiger' ...?movements? thrown in.

i mean, some of it is directly transferable to that long fist routine i learned. keep in mind i learned this from someone who also teaches nanquan. it was a longfist performance routine, not tiger, that was learned, we had seperate tiger/crane material very different stuff.

im not claiming anything about any style, but thats what i noticed.

B-Rad
01-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Hello B-Rad,

You posted the above link in the Southern Forums. I was going to ask you this question there but the moderator decided to close the thread inspite of your post that added an interesting and SIGNIFICANT development to the subject matter of the thread which was White Tiger!!!:confused:

ANYWAY, thank you for posting the clip. I am curious to know wether the Long Fist White Tiger in the clip is a Northern Style of its own or wether it is just a form within another style?

HW108

I really don't know, my guess is it's a single form within some lesser known longfist system (like a family branch). You'd have to ask the guy who posted it for sure. He seems to go around filming lesser seen forms/styles. I've seen a couple other "white tiger" forms in other systems. I think there's a white tiger staff form on youtube somewhere by one of those taoist vcd teachers (the dude with the yin-yang outfit I think?). It's pretty bad though. Haven't seen any white tiger that was very tigery though other than some stuff an old teacher of mine made up.

B-Rad
01-20-2010, 10:34 PM
As for him "almost falling over in wheeling arms" it wasn't the usual wheeling arms technique. He wheels and stops briefly bent over with both arms back and the hands in "beak" position. Don't ask me what the heck it's for, or what it's called, but I've seen in a couple traditional forms before. Anyone know what that's supposed to be?

David Jamieson
01-21-2010, 06:31 AM
As for him "almost falling over in wheeling arms" it wasn't the usual wheeling arms technique. He wheels and stops briefly bent over with both arms back and the hands in "beak" position. Don't ask me what the heck it's for, or what it's called, but I've seen in a couple traditional forms before. Anyone know what that's supposed to be?

hooking hands are usually a scoop.

MasterKiller
01-22-2010, 08:07 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/j95xxc.jpg

hskwarrior
01-22-2010, 08:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asrfc7VX9Ro&feature=related

David Jamieson
01-23-2010, 06:03 AM

that is truly awesome!

Hardwork108
01-23-2010, 12:26 PM

Is this a young Sanjuro ronin at the beginning of his cross training journey? Or is it a young Dave Ross practicing his Lama Pai secret techniques? :p

sanjuro_ronin
01-25-2010, 06:58 AM
Is this a young Sanjuro ronin at the beginning of his cross training journey? Or is it a young Dave Ross practicing his Lama Pai secret techniques? :p

What, you haven't figured it out yet?
Me and Dave are the same person !!

Frost
01-25-2010, 07:07 AM

or is it someone practising their super secret authentic kung fu that only they know?

Dragonzbane76
01-25-2010, 09:05 AM

yeah me and bawang are the alter ego or screen names of Ross. so is about everyone else here.

Dragonzbane76
01-25-2010, 09:08 AM
or is it someone practising their super secret authentic kung fu that only they know?

no that's a super secret 'closet' master I've only heard about. maybe i should approach the kid to see if he'll teach me with his 2 year degree program. HW8 approves all such 'secret' closet masters so i should probably find this kid/master. He's always preaching at me to find a good Kung fu master. :)

Hardwork108
01-25-2010, 12:41 PM
I thought that at the least you two were related.:D

Hardwork108
01-25-2010, 12:42 PM

He can' t be!!!

Every one knows that there is no super secret authentic kung fu without some Olympic weight training thrown in.....LOL

uki
01-25-2010, 01:14 PM
He can' t be!!!

Every one knows that there is no super secret authentic kung fu without some Olympic weight training thrown in...and... NO ONE could ever create a style. :eek:

Hardwork108
01-25-2010, 09:07 PM
and... NO ONE could ever create a style. :eek:
Not unless they were Knucklehead MMA-ists who created "improved" kung fu styles...by adding, wait for it, sparring with boxing gloves...to make their new art more "realistic" and "functional"....LOL.

Frost
01-26-2010, 01:25 AM
He can' t be!!!

Every one knows that there is no super secret authentic kung fu without some Olympic weight training thrown in.....LOL

and everyone knows you don't even have a teacher and have never actually trained with an authentic master, just read about them :D

Frost
01-26-2010, 01:27 AM
Not unless they were Knucklehead MMA-ists who created "improved" kung fu styles...by adding, wait for it, sparring with boxing gloves...to make their new art more "realistic" and "functional"....LOL.

well it beats pretending to have authentic kung fu skills but notr being able to talk about what they are and where you got them from :D

Hardwork108
01-26-2010, 01:40 AM
and everyone knows you don't even have a teacher and have never actually trained with an authentic master, just read about them :D
I believe that my sifus would take an exception to that statement....

Hardwork108
01-26-2010, 01:43 AM
well it beats pretending to have authentic kung fu skills but notr being able to talk about what they are and where you got them from :D

Us TCMA-ists just don't discuss certain aspects with every Tom, D!ck and Harry, specially on the world wide web.....

Frost
01-26-2010, 01:48 AM
I believe that my sifus would take an exception to that statement....

really ...well we will have to agree to disagree here i personally think they don't exist and if they did would not want to be linked with you :)

Frost
01-26-2010, 01:49 AM
Us TCMA-ists just don't discuss certain aspects with every Tom, D!ck and Harry, specially on the world wide web.....

oh thats a shame... makes you wonder why you come on this board if you can't discuss your training methods and background.......:)

Hardwork108
01-27-2010, 07:54 AM
oh thats a shame... makes you wonder why you come on this board if you can't discuss your training methods and background.......:)

I discuss the methods that I choose to discuss.;):)

And a good bit of my background is in my profile.

Hardwork108
01-27-2010, 07:56 AM
really ...well we will have to agree to disagree here i personally think they don't exist and if they did would not want to be linked with you :)

Yes, join the rest of the Know it All, knuckleheads here and go into denial. LOL

Dragonzbane76
01-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Know it All, knuckleheads here and go into denial. LOL

describing yourself again i see.

Hardwork108
01-27-2010, 09:35 AM
describing yourself again i see.

I am afraid that the term "knucklehead" is reserved for the MMA-ists and Cross trainers who "bless" these forums with their clueless comments regarding the TCMAs. That means you. :D