PDA

View Full Version : How do boxers punch in the street? lol

diego
02-03-2010, 09:32 PM
So I'm going to school with the focus in mind that people should pay me to research martial arts so I quit construction to get into fitness which is as big as construction in Vancouver. During my studies I have to use a chess genius's intellect studying things like Anatomy and Physiology and such, and while I brush up on my Latin Terminology I think of **** like this: 1940 small town in America, back of the bar two upstate promoters tell "The Kid" "You better ****ing rig the fight" being the kid studied boxing with his pops who died in the war he responds with some hero ****...

The promoters tell Large Charlie to smack the kids wrists with a ball peen hammer and now the kid gets angry and swings back.

in the ring you are protected by gloves and I'm sure many fighters brake their hands throughout their many bouts. How do you box multiple opponnents Judo style where they keep coming down the line...your hands will break eventually then what is he gonna do? palm like a fairy?.

I have it in my head that shaolin monks specialized in the Bhudda Palm because they got sick of farming with broken knuckles...any one have any insight on this idea of mine?.

bawang
02-03-2010, 09:38 PM
u afraiid 2 brek fist?????
U R WOMANB NoT a MAN

diego
02-03-2010, 09:39 PM
u afraiid 2 brek fist?????
U R WOMANB NoT a MAN

fists already broken what's the science to keep swinging noodle*****? lol

bawang
02-03-2010, 09:40 PM
the eye of the tiger
u maasst b stong and nt feel piabn

diego
02-03-2010, 09:45 PM
the eye of the tiger
u maasst b stong and nt feel piabn

lol, I think in the 72 arts of shaolin the author crippled his fist only doing the iron trianing half way, dude moved and he ****ed himself. Trying to get a phd in joint rehab cuz i like to puff joints for rehab...do you have any historical contribution b besides cultural pop referance? keep that wuxia novel **** in the closet b;)

bawang
02-03-2010, 09:46 PM
try punching an actual object
or spar once in a while
lolololololololololo
ololol
olo

diego
02-03-2010, 09:48 PM
try punching an actual object
or spar once in a while
lolololololololololo
ololol
olo
right and then they hit your hands with the hammer then what do you do?cu-nt

bawang
02-03-2010, 09:49 PM
pull out a knife

Hardwork108
02-03-2010, 09:52 PM
So I'm going to school with the focus in mind that people should pay me to research martial arts so I quit construction to get into fitness which is as big as construction in Vancouver. During my studies I have to use a chess genius's intellect studying things like Anatomy and Physiology and such, and while I brush up on my Latin Terminology I think of **** like this: 1940 small town in America, back of the bar two upstate promoters tell "The Kid" "You better ****ing rig the fight" being the kid studied boxing with his pops who died in the war he responds with some hero ****...

The promoters tell Large Charlie to smack the kids wrists with a ball peen hammer and now the kid gets angry and swings back.

in the ring you are protected by gloves and I'm sure many fighters brake their hands throughout their many bouts. How do you box multiple opponnents Judo style where they keep coming down the line...your hands will break eventually then what is he gonna do? palm like a fairy?.

I have it in my head that shaolin monks specialized in the Bhudda Palm because they got sick of farming with broken knuckles...any one have any insight on this idea of mine?.

Don't forget that Shaolin kung fu trains Iron Fist/Palm exercises and boxers don't. Palm strikes are not substitudes for fist strikes, they are just another option. Their hand arsenal also includes hammer strikes, finger strikes; back of hand/fist and wrist strikes.:)

diego
02-03-2010, 09:58 PM
pull out a knife

they ran a search at the door. find me a **** article on boxing with broken hands funny man.

cerebus
02-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Look at old-school bare-knuckle boxing matches. Many of these fights lasted HOURS. Why? Because they were fighting bare-knuckle, so no one was going all-out with head shots, too much likelihood of breaking the hands. Head shots were generally fast shots to the face while closing in to tear up the body, that's where they sent their power shots.

That's one of the reasons I prefer Kung Fu, especially the internal arts. Full-body-power open-hand strikes to the head can knock an opponent loopy without breaking the hands...

cerebus
02-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Of course, if my hand or hands are already broken, then I'ma be kicking, kneeing and elbowing.... then running like mad....

bawang
02-03-2010, 10:04 PM
they ran a search at the door. find me a **** article on boxing with broken hands funny man.

hoe hammar get smugle in then
lol u fail

punch basg and get hard fist then u dont ned to ask oin intenert

Hardwork108
02-03-2010, 10:06 PM
That's one of the reasons I prefer Kung Fu, especially the internal arts. Full-body-power open-hand strikes to the head can knock an opponent loopy without breaking the hands...

At higher levels of Internal practice one can damage internal organs by hitting the torso of the opponent with palm (and fist) strikes.

Frost
02-04-2010, 04:21 AM
At higher levels of Internal practice one can damage internal organs by hitting the torso of the opponent with palm (and fist) strikes.

Really how would you know :o)

at higher levels of kickboxing training you can do the same as well :D

goju
02-04-2010, 04:29 AM
^ yep lots of injuries like that hapen in boxing and kickboxing

Egg fu young
02-04-2010, 04:49 AM
Isn't that why shootfighting only allows open hand strikes to the head.

Lucas
02-04-2010, 12:21 PM
my opinion

you got broken hands, get some clinching and elbows some knees and kicks in there. most boxers arent training for self defense anyway, they are training to box with gloves on. you'd have to shift some training methods around with western boxing if you want to focus on using it without gloves and for life defense. the gloves wont stop from breaking your hand forever if your throwing power shots at someones head. imo body shots are pretty important if your going to be punching without gloves on for long periods of time against multple people. depending on the persons conditioning a good body shot or two can open them up for a decent ko shot that wont need to be full power, esp without gloves on. but at the same time it depends on how well the person knows their own power and how strong their hands are. a lot of boxers have developed 'heavy hands' from long term practice of punching.

imo though a boxer who is concerned about street fighting needs to cross train.

also if your talking about training and having a boxer deal with a line of guys, get them to put on headgear, it will definately let you hit them in the head a lot longer.

If your fighting just one person though, a broken hand wont slow you down much till its all over. ask pretty much anyone who broke a hand laying down an ass whooping. prob didnt even notice it unless it was really really bad break.

Hardwork108
02-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Really how would you know :o)
By interacting with high level kung fu exponents.

at higher levels of kickboxing training you can do the same as well :D

Yes, you wish LOL!

However, do continue with your interactions with high level kick boxers. Just know your limits when it comes to TCMA discussions.....

Hardwork108
02-04-2010, 12:23 PM
^ yep lots of injuries like that hapen in boxing and kickboxing

That is true and it is true for any martial art that is practiced in a contact fighting context.:)

diego
02-04-2010, 05:46 PM
hoe hammar get smugle in then
lol u fail

punch basg and get hard fist then u dont ned to ask oin intenert

imbecile I'm looking for research papers not your cracker jack cookie cutter advice.

cerebus
02-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Diego, why are you even responding to that? That's ridiculous, letting yourself get toyed with by a troll. Ignore him.

bawang
02-04-2010, 09:41 PM
asking how to punch someone in "the streets"

this is the great shame of kung fu. how low have sifus gone
because of their greed for easy money, to use martial arts as a business venue.
spiritual prostitues
100 dollars a month for the souls of the martyrs

once famous for great mercenaries and merciless killers
now perversely imitated by a strange people in a strange land who mock them
prancing around limply like eunuchs
who refuse to respect our customs and our ways

who spit on the reputation of heros and gods
and trample the golden road carved by blood and pure fury
who have twisted the sacred into a farce

away from me demon for i never knew you

sincerely

john chinaman

cerebus
02-04-2010, 10:29 PM
:p And blah de blah blah to you too Bawang. Have a nice hoo de hoo in the wang de wang with your ho de ho... :D

cerebus
02-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Ya see? He ain't so hard to deal with... ;) :p

bawang
02-04-2010, 10:31 PM
yes sir mister sir

would u like some orange chicken

Scott R. Brown
02-05-2010, 04:42 AM

spiritual prostitues

sincerely

john chinaman

Very well put!

David Jamieson
02-05-2010, 04:48 AM

spiritual prostitues

sincerely

john chinaman

lol

this is what I came here for!
:p

Dragonzbane76
02-05-2010, 05:10 AM
bawang that was almost poetic in a gibberish kinda way. But i've come to expect no less from you. :D:)

Lucas
02-05-2010, 09:52 AM
bawang is the peoples champion

MasterKiller
02-05-2010, 10:00 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/ShavedBeaver/Fatty_nojump.jpg

Lucas
02-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAAMAG
02-05-2010, 10:51 AM
man...that's messed up. :o

Lucas
02-05-2010, 11:02 AM
not to mention JAIL BAIT! :eek:

SAAMAG
02-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Hell I don't mind that...

Jorge
02-05-2010, 12:09 PM

Palm like a fairy?LOLOL Nah Bro, palm strikes are the shhhh. Like punching with a closed fist you just have to condition your hand. You run less risk of breaking your hands. In our school, we are taught that a proper palm strike is more penetrative than a closed fist. Hence, causing more internal damage. Not to mention, that you have points in your hand that are suppose to pull energy in as well as push energy out (used for healing, but if trained right it can be martial).

Also, most people break their hands due to incorrect hand positioning. Do you work with any jow.

Buby

Lucas
02-05-2010, 12:15 PM
also there are other surfaces of the hand, knife edge, ridge hand, a palm heel can be pretty vicious to places like the chin, jaw, temple, cheek bone, eyes, nose bridge, etc. without worry of a break. the thing with boxing though, per sport, its a very concentraded well develope evolved form of sport fighting. to adapt it to the street, its a very good idea for cross training. boxers can transition a lot of the skill to styles like muay thai, kungfu, or karate.

bawang
02-05-2010, 03:24 PM
wow that was sum deep sh1t

i was so drunk yesterday

i think i was trying to say if diegos kenpo sensei told him to stfu and train he wouldnt be asking on the internet "hay gaise how i atak on teh strets wit boxings lol"

Lucas
02-05-2010, 03:43 PM
lol nice so we got to see drunken bawang life poem of rage

Xiao3 Meng4
02-05-2010, 04:14 PM
fists already broken what's the science to keep swinging?
I'd say the goal is to keep the initiative, not just to keep swinging. Depending on your needs:

In the Street:
- Run away and get help if you can. You have broken hands, man!
- If you can't run away, you will likely fight to survive and not care about your broken fists. Still, you can use elbows, knees, feet, gripless throws and trips, headbutts, biting, spitting, screaming... whatever necessary to gain the initiative... then escape safely.

In the ring:
- If the doctor sees the broken hand, it's over.
- If you hide the hand (not recommended,) then make it the secondary fist. Use the injured side mainly to parry and control. Use whatever other tools are available to you in the ruleset.

Having broken hands is helped by having good forearm skills too. I've broken my hands in sparring only to find out afterwards. I've also knowingly sparred with broken hands (not recommended, just sayin') which actually made me hypersensitive about my hands at the time. I ended up protecting them as much as my body and balance. It was interesting to say the least. (Note: I've never sparred w/ both hands broken at the same time.)

diego
02-05-2010, 05:09 PM
I would like to punch Bwang in the throat, lol!.

diego
02-05-2010, 05:13 PM

spiritual prostitues

sincerely

john chinaman

lmao drunk *******...This thread is about fitness theory not how I'm gonna kick the **** out of you...

http://www.savateaustralia.com/Savate%20Essays/Bare-Knuckles%20to%20Modern%20Boxing.htm

So the old school guys used arrow fist in bare knuckle matches, interesting...I wish they took more pictures!.

diego
02-05-2010, 05:17 PM
bwang now that you punch looking like a champion you really should update your studies on zen and charachter development to better hit that bullseye...try aquiring some of this pom pom lady http://content.artofmanliness.com/uploads/bookimages/bookbanner.jpg http://content.artofmanliness.com/uploads/2009/05/boxing.jpg

Scott R. Brown
02-05-2010, 05:53 PM
I would like to punch Bwang in the throat, lol!.

At least you won't hurt your hand on impact!:eek:

taai gihk yahn
02-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Very well put!

oh, so THAT'S how it is, is it? just replace your sig w/any old thing written by some spikey-haired devil worshiper? why don't you just FB friend him and spend your mornings chatting w/him from now on <sniff>!?

Scott R. Brown
02-05-2010, 06:12 PM
oh, so THAT'S how it is, is it? just replace your sig w/any old thing written by some spikey-haired devil worshiper? why don't you just FB friend him and spend your mornings chatting w/him from now on <sniff>!?

That's what you get for ignoring me this morning!:p:p:p

Don't worry....we will make up after I am over my period!!!:eek:

Oh i am sorry....that is what my wife said!!!

taai gihk yahn
02-05-2010, 06:14 PM
That's what you get for ignoring me this morning!:p:p:p

Don't worry....we will make up after I am over my period!!!:eek:

Oh i am sorry....that is what my wife said!!!

roflmao!!!

bawang
02-05-2010, 10:30 PM
asking how to fight with a broken hand is like asking how to fight after being stabbed

break open crates for health packs

hit power up button to heal all injury and receive temporary power bonus

taai gihk yahn
02-06-2010, 04:18 AM
asking how to fight with a broken hand is like asking how to fight after being stabbed

hail bawang, for it is he who lights the way ahead!

Scott R. Brown
02-06-2010, 08:18 AM

Or just die and respawn!

David Jamieson
02-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Or just die and respawn!

This is the true ascended master way right here.

You have to learn to not be so attached to those last 3 lives.

a restart is always going to be there.

Lee Chiang Po
02-06-2010, 09:22 AM

spiritual prostitues

sincerely

john chinaman

You know John Chinaman?

Scott R. Brown
02-06-2010, 09:37 AM
You know John Chinaman?

LOL!!

I thought he WAS John Chinaman!:eek:

taai gihk yahn
02-06-2010, 11:37 AM
LOL!!

I thought he WAS John Chinaman!:eek:

I'M John Chinaman...

Scott R. Brown
02-06-2010, 01:06 PM
I'M John Chinaman...

...and so is your wife!!:)

taai gihk yahn
02-06-2010, 01:19 PM
...and so is your wife!!:)

only when I can get her into the costume...:mad:

Scott R. Brown
02-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Senator Scott Brown will now take your questions:
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...Brown-new3.jpg

That Scott Brown guy is totally gay!!!

taai gihk yahn
02-06-2010, 07:56 PM
That Scott Brown guy is totally gay!!!

and a bit of an exhibitionist too, it would NOW appear...:eek::eek::eek:

Lee Chiang Po
02-06-2010, 08:02 PM
I'M John Chinaman...

No, you can't be John Chinaman.

Scott R. Brown
02-06-2010, 08:18 PM
and a bit of an exhibitionist too, it would NOW appear...:eek::eek::eek:

I wonder how much one could get paid for that??:confused:

No, you can't be John Chinaman.

<sniff>!?

Say something John Chinamanish!!!

THAT'LL prove whether you are John Chinaman or not!!

taai gihk yahn
02-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Say something John Chinamanish!!!

THAT'LL prove whether you are John Chinaman or not!!

this is photographic documentation of when I first met bawang, and made him touch the magic lump of Limburger cheese that enabled us to change bodies, and from that moment on, I WAS John Chinamanly!!!

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation/civil-war/1864/july/john-bull-cartoon.jpg

Scott R. Brown
02-06-2010, 08:51 PM
this is photographic documentation of when I first met bawang, and made him touch the magic lump of Limburger cheese that enabled us to change bodies, and from that moment on, I WAS John Chinamanly!!!

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation/civil-war/1864/july/john-bull-cartoon.jpg

That looks an awful lot like eat the cheese or I'll shoot you, which is also an awful lot like stealing his mojo........you imperialist dog!

lkfmdc
02-06-2010, 08:58 PM
why does Taai Gihk have gay porn in his sig file :eek:

Scott R. Brown
02-06-2010, 09:09 PM

Aside: Shhhhh....he thinks it me......don't tell him its not and we can all laugh quietly behind his back!!!:D

lkfmdc
02-06-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm scared, very scared.....

Scott R. Brown
02-06-2010, 09:23 PM
RUN AWAY FROM THE LIIIIGHT.....

........RUN AWAY FROM THE LIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!:eek:

goju
02-06-2010, 09:25 PM

im partially responsible as i told him how to post sig pics

:eek:

taai gihk yahn
02-07-2010, 05:04 AM
That looks an awful lot like eat the cheese or I'll shoot you, which is also an awful lot like stealing his mojo........you imperialist dog!
His mojo be mine fer th' takin' laddie, 'specially when I be wearin' this fine hat o' mine!

why does Taai Gihk have gay porn in his sig file
that's a fine way to refer to the Right Honorable Gentleman from the Great State of Massachusetts! Besides, its Cosmo...

I'm scared, very scared.....
I've felt the same way for going on just about 22 years now...

im partially responsible as i told him how to post sig pics
:eek:
see what you started? last time you answer a PM, I'll bet!

Scott R. Brown
02-07-2010, 09:27 AM
His mojo be mine fer th' takin' laddie, 'specially when I be wearin' this fine hat o' mine!

So you'll be wearin' a kilt n tam o'shanter with that mojo then, will you now!!

that's a fine way to refer to the Right Honorable Gentleman from the Great State of Massachusetts!

<sniff> <sniff> God Bless Scott Brown.....er.....me!!!!

I've felt the same way for going on just about 22 years now...

So.....how many years is that???

see what you started? last time you answer a PM, I'll bet!

ummmmm..........what? I didn't get a PM!:confused:

taai gihk yahn
02-07-2010, 10:02 AM
on a more serious side note, in regards to the pic I posted earlier, it is staggering the degree to which such blatant racism was condoned not all that long ago, and somewhat heartening that there has been at least some steps taken on a societal level in the US towards the amelioration thereof...

SPJ
02-07-2010, 10:33 AM

if u r professional boxer, you would protect your knuckles at all cost with insurance and all,
just like piano player or brain surgeons would protect your hands at all cost

to duke it out outside the bar, you would run for cover and use make shift weapon with sticks or bar stool legs etc

why waste your means of earning to a street brawl?

;)

bawang
02-07-2010, 02:44 PM
hy

dfgdfg

taai gihk yahn
02-07-2010, 03:05 PM
hy
I have revealed your yellow secret!

dfgdfg

Scott R. Brown
02-07-2010, 03:32 PM
hy

dfgdfg

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/image.php?u=31667&type=sigpic&dateline=1265578883

bawang is cool!:)

Scott R. Brown
02-07-2010, 03:33 PM
on a more serious side note, in regards to the pic I posted earlier, it is staggering the degree to which such blatant racism was condoned not all that long ago, and somewhat heartening that there has been at least some steps taken on a societal level in the US towards the amelioration thereof...

There you go derailing a perfectly good thread again with all your "on a more serious note" stuff!:mad: