PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Year of the Tiger

GeneChing
02-04-2010, 02:59 PM
You'll find our Year of the Tiger Horoscopes in our 2010 March/April issue (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=877) available now. We'll be posting an abridged version online very soon.

This year, we're working to promote WildAid in their efforts to help preserve wild tigers. To learn more, visit their website at www.WildAid.org.

16th CLSA Feng Shui Index - Expect the Year of the Golden Tiger to roar (https://www.clsa.com/about-clsa/media-centre/2010-Media-releases/16th-clsa-feng-shui-index-expect-the-year-of-the-golden-tiger-to-roar.php)
3 February, 2010

Hong Kong - Wednesday, 3 February, 2010 - CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets (“CLSA”), Asia’s leading independent brokerage and investment group, launches the 16th CLSA Feng Shui Index (‘CLSA FSI’) report with a tongue-in-cheek look at what 2010 holds for equities, commodities, property, celebrities, and the zodiac signs in the months ahead.

The previous year of the Golden Tiger was 1950, a year that saw the Dow Jones Index gain significantly and end the year on a high. However, Tiger-years are typically marked by dramatic changes and even upheaval and 2010, much like the tiger itself, sees an energetic and powerful, but impulsive and risky, year ahead.

Those trading equities should get set to ride the wild tiger. The markets will be volatile with a surge in the first month followed by a decline that turns upwards in June, dips, and then swings up again in September to see the Golden Tiger roar by January 2011.

With this Tiger year’s heavenly stem being metal, gold is set to have a great run and we predict that it could break US$2,000/oz. In fact, commodities of all stripes will fair well including silver, copper, zinc and aluminum. Those regarded as ‘wood’ will also do very well: pulp and paper, clothing and pharmaceuticals. ‘Fire’ and ‘earth’ elements, thus technology, power, telecoms and property will have a good year but ‘water’ related sectors will be challenged, translating to a bumpy time for shipping, airlines, logistics, autos and transport.

For the first time, the CLSA FSI features a Hong Kong property snapshot, highlighting the best and worst areas across the Special Administrative Region. We see a year of consolidation; prices will continue to climb early in the year, with some weakness toward year-end.

Looking ahead month-by-month, February will bring fantastic opportunities for those sharp enough to recognise them and fast enough to grab them. March signals the start of three bumpy months, but there’ll be no shortage of good trades for those brave enough. In April, the influence of the stars of misfortune is especially disruptive, while the first few weeks of May will be feisty.

June heralds a great month but maybe not the best for betting, although the 21 June summer solstice is especially auspicious and gold may surge. July is a more relaxed with time to enact long-cherished plans and projects. August sees the return of volatility and precious metals look set to break upwards, especially gold, silver and copper. In September, the trend is upwards and a mixture of considered and idle speculations offers the possibility of eye-popping returns.

October is possibly one of the best months of the year, with life returning to the markets. It marks the return of a sustained drive upwards that continues into November, December and January. Each of the last three months features an auspicious date; 17 November, 8 December, 16 January.

In terms of the Zodiac, a great year lies ahead for those born in the years of the Dragon, Sheep and particularly, the Horse. A relatively good year is in store for Rats, Cows, Rabbits, Roosters, Dogs and Pigs, while it will be a bumpy ride for Tigers, Snakes and Monkeys.

The Golden Tiger year will favour China’s wealthiest woman, Nine Paper’s Zhang Yin, a Rooster in the Chinese zodiac. She will take on some of the toughest competition of her career and come out on top. For China’s wealthiest man, BYD CEO Wang Chuanfu, a Horse, the sun will continue to shine as it has since Warren Buffet invested into his company and set the price soaring. And for Buffet, also a horse, the future looks just as bright. He is about to enter the most financially lucky period of his life. Expect some significant and unusual developments in Berkshire Hathaway’s already substantial interest in China.

And so as the Chinese saying goes: “Once on a tiger’s back, it is hard to get off”. But if you can hang on, it is certainly the safest place to be. Enjoy the ride and Happy New Year.

About the CLSA Feng Shui Index

The CLSA Feng Shui Index began life as a Chinese New Year card for clients in 1992, with a simple summary of forecasts by feng shui masters, plus the views of our own consultant. To flesh it out, we also predicted the performance of the Hang Seng Index, based on the investment omens. No one paid much attention to the contrarian chart. But by year’s end it had correctly called all seven of the Hang Seng’s major turns.

We stopped publishing in 2005, but brought the report back to life in 2009 by popular request from clients and the enthusiasm with which its revival was greeted suggests that it has got a long and happy future.

Tao Of The Fist
02-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Good, I need all the help I can get this year. :rolleyes:

Skip J.
02-04-2010, 03:28 PM
My young wife was born in 1950 and has been wondering if this was the year of the Tiger again..... I never heard of the Golden Tiger.... I had to copy this and e-mail it to her....

Maybe this can be a valentines?????

Thanks Gene!

David Jamieson
02-04-2010, 03:50 PM
My son's a tiger.

It's his year, he's 24 this trip round the sun!

MasterKiller
02-05-2010, 07:27 AM
http://www.chocolatereview.com.au/img/book_reviews/tcc/kenny_white_tiger.jpg

taai gihk yahn
02-05-2010, 07:33 AM
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff350/mossjuice/IMG_0793.jpg

or maybe not...:eek:

David Jamieson
02-05-2010, 07:56 AM

This is a liger.

And I think it's retarded! lol

Dragonzbane76
02-05-2010, 08:03 AM
lot of genetic defects in the white lager gene pool. Same with albino.

uki
02-05-2010, 05:47 PM
who the **** posts a thread on the year of the tiger before it's the year of the ****ing tiger?!?!?!? :eek:

this is suckering punch cheapshot... i am VERY disappointed. :rolleyes:

:p

uki
02-05-2010, 06:03 PM
furthermore i understand the elemental changes of metal to be based around three metals of copper, silver, and gold(3 is the root of 9)... the article states the last year of the metal tiger was in 1950, but this is incorrect, 1950 was the last year of the metal tiger, but not the last year of the golden(metal) tiger - in essence, the metal tiger is seperated by 180 years, not 60 as in one normal(commercialized) horoscope reading... 1830 would be the last year of the golden tiger. :)

Xiao3 Meng4
02-05-2010, 06:18 PM
How would that work for the other elements?

uki
02-05-2010, 06:27 PM
How would that work for the other elements?ah... i knew it... three is the magic number here... ok:

earth... frozen, muddy, dry

water... ice, murky(minerals/salt), fresh

wood... soft(evergreen), hard(oak), petrified

fire... spark, flame, inferno

i am shooting from the hip here with the other elements... they would naturally revolve around the three states of the elements in relation to the three particles of an atom... the proton, nuetron, and electron - the three of them form the building blocks of matter, which is light... everything is inter-dependent on one another... if you have some better descriptions, please enlighten me - i was a bit stumped on the three states of fire. :)

Xiao3 Meng4
02-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Hey, I like the idea, it's fun! :)

If Metal is going to be copper, silver, gold, then Water could be distilled water, well water, and rain water; wood could be rotten, green, or dry; fire could be Spark, ember and flame; and earth could be stone, clay and soil.

Re the whole marketing thing, though: With ideas like assigning an arbitrary base 3 pattern onto what is already an arbitrary combined base-10/Base-12 calendar, we're just adding to the complexity and rigidity of an unnatural system: we're adding to the hype. ;)

uki
02-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Hey, I like the idea, it's fun! :)

If Metal is going to be copper, silver, gold, then Water could be distilled water, well water, and rain water; wood could be rotten, green, or dry; fire could be Spark, ember and flame; and earth could be stone, clay and soil.

Re the whole marketing thing, though: With ideas like assigning an arbitrary base 3 pattern onto what is already an arbitrary combined base-10/Base-12 calendar, we're just adding to the complexity and rigidity of an unnatural system: we're adding to the hype. ;)well done... makes sense to me. funny how things inter-react with one another. good stuff. :)

Scott R. Brown
02-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Water could be distilled water, well water, and rain water

I think it would be: liquid, vapor, ice since these are states of matter, while your suggestions are conditions or qualities of one state of matter .:)

Xiao3 Meng4
02-05-2010, 09:20 PM
I was actually going to use the ice/water/vapor analogy, but it didn't fit with uki's initial copper/silver/gold paradigm. So I went with 3 distinct "types" of water: distilled (Pure H20,) well (mineralized,) and rain: I couldn't think of a 3rd concrete "type" of water besides Heavy Water or Ozonated water, plus I wanted to keep at least a little bit to the vapor idea.

Upon further reflection, I would replace rain with "tea." ;)

The way I understand 5 phase metaphysics could have water represented by ice, water, and vapor (as Scott said); wood by seed, plant, and fruit/nectar/pollen; fire by fuel, flame and radiant energy; earth by stone, soil and ash; metal by by crude, refined and alloyed metal.

All of this, if applied, would simply be reinventing the hamster wheel, though. :D

uki
02-06-2010, 01:34 PM
as i understand it, the copper, silver, gold analogy follows the three fundamentual stages of purity or refinement... in an existence where one believes in the progression of a souls experience thru incarnational lifetimes that are cyclic in nature, the three stages of progression tend to follow a similar pattern... copper is useful, but not as valuable as silver or gold, the same for silver, with gold being held in the highest regard, but then again the most beneficial metal of the three is entirely dependent upon the purpose of it's utilization...

an example of this concept with wood might be: seed, sapling, mature tree...

this concept embraces the eventual passing thru of all cycles of all individuals. if you are a fire born element this lifetime, chances are you will be reincarnated in the elemental year of earth, unless of course your spiritual journey is in retrograde and you are moving forward thru the destructive cycles... everyones journey is different, but the principles defining the movement thru it all remains the same. :)

SPJ
02-07-2010, 08:48 AM
my brother was born in the year of tiger 4 cycles ago

so he is 48 year old.

---

:)

SPJ
02-07-2010, 08:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZXcwNQMN90

ha ha.

actually step on doggy poo is considered good fortune.

:D

GeneChing
02-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Strange as it may seem, we've had the longest running Chinese Horoscope in English (a decade now!)

Check it out at 2010 The Year of the GOLD TIGER (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/info/horoscope/Tiger2010.php)

who the **** posts a thread on the year of the tiger before it's the year of the ****ing tiger?!?!?!? Alas, dear uki, of all the members here I didn't think you'd be fixated on dates. ;) Actually, it *is* the Year of the Tiger by the Feng Shui and/or Five Elements Calendar, which is typically used for forecasting, more so than the lunar calendar apparently. In this calendar, the new year starts on Feb 4, 2010. In the conventional lunar, it's Feb 14, 2010. There are some superstitious observations about the period in between, stuff you're supposed on certain days to do like sweep the kitchen and such. It can be a very elaborate ritual.

Lucas
02-09-2010, 10:23 AM
im forcasted to get new enemies...SWEET!

uki
02-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Alas, dear uki, of all the members here I didn't think you'd be fixated on dates. Actually, it *is* the Year of the Tiger by the Feng Shui and/or Five Elements Calendar, which is typically used for forecasting, more so than the lunar calendar apparently. In this calendar, the new year starts on Feb 4, 2010. In the conventional lunar, it's Feb 14, 2010. There are some superstitious observations about the period in between, stuff you're supposed on certain days to do like sweep the kitchen and such. It can be a very elaborate ritual.sorry ole chap, but perhaps you should get some facts straight here... according to feng shui and 5 elements calendar, which was probably setup into place by red china, you'll notice it fails to follow any natural cycle... see for yourself:

Moon Phases, February 2010
Last Quarter – February 5, 23:48
New Moon – February 14, 02:51
First Quarter – February 22, 00:42
Full Moon – February 28, 16:38

according to this chart, the feng shi/5 elements calendar which starts on the 4th doesn't match a natural cycle - how feng shui is that?? :rolleyes:

the new moon is an actual physical manifestation of the change in one lunar month, this happens on the 14th, which is the "official" start of the year of the tiger according to the natural cyclic phenomenom of the cosmos. :)

but by all means, carry on... :p

Xiao3 Meng4
02-09-2010, 04:12 PM
A quick recap of Chinese calendrics (http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/calendar/cal.pdf):

Calendar type: Luni-Solar

Important natural markers: Solstices (Dec. 21, Jun 21) and equinoxes (March 21, September 21); midway intervals between solstices and equinoxes; New and Full moons.

The solstices and equinoxes denote the MIDDLE of Solar seasons... On Dec. 21, Yin has reached its utmost (darkest day of year,) and Yang begins to grow afterwards. In the West, this is the beginning of winter; in China, it's the middle. Same with the Summer Solstice - it denotes the middle of summer (utmost Yang), whilst the equinoxes (equal Yin and Yang, with respective trends [Spring - Yang Rising; Autumn - Yin Rising]) mark the middles of their respective seasons.

So where are the beginnings and endings of the seasons?
The transitional points for the seasons are placed halfway between the solstices and equinoxes. The beginning of Solar Spring is therefore February 4th (Close to Groundhog day, but that's another story altogether.) Beginning of Summer is May 4th/5th, or around May Day/Cinquo de Maio. Beginning of Autumn is August 4th. Beginning of Winter is November 4th. (I don't know offhand what festivals are close to those dates.)

One of the cool things about the Chinese Calendar is that it "resynchronizes" istelf every year. The Official New Year usually starts on the New moon closest to February 4th, which is considered to be the first new moon of spring. As a result, the solar seasons vary in terms of the number of full or new moons that appear within a 3 solar month period. One way to keep track of this is to assign special qualities to certain years (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56177).

Folk-wise, Festivities can start anywhere from the last full moon to the last waning crescent, and continue on to the next full moon.

Scott R. Brown
02-09-2010, 04:23 PM
im forcasted to get new enemies...SWEET!

That explains my sudden urge to despise you and my desire to undermine everything you say and do!:mad:

It should be a good year!:)

GeneChing
02-09-2010, 04:30 PM
And our Feng Shui master, Wilson Sun, is from Taiwan, not PRC. :rolleyes:

uki
02-10-2010, 02:47 AM
LOL... you guy's can justify your take on the doo doo all you want, doesn't change the fact that the official start of the tiger year is on feburary 14th, which coincides with the natural cosmic phenomenom known as the new moon... the calendar is based on the lunar cycles... resynchronizing the year all you want does not change the day of the new moon. :)

David Jamieson
02-10-2010, 06:17 AM
omfg, I just realized that uki is a twilight fan!

uki
02-10-2010, 09:07 AM
omfg, I just realized that uki is a twilight fan!*bares teeth and growls* no...

Dragonzbane76
02-10-2010, 09:09 AM
which one do you like the vampire or the wolf guy Uki?

Scott R. Brown
02-10-2010, 09:18 AM
What's twilight?

Xiao3 Meng4
02-10-2010, 11:37 AM
LOL... you guy's can justify your take on the doo doo all you want, doesn't change the fact that the official start of the tiger year is on feburary 14th, which coincides with the natural cosmic phenomenom known as the new moon... the calendar is based on the lunar cycles... resynchronizing the year all you want does not change the day of the new moon. :)

You're right, the new moon is key. In fact, the Feb 14th date of the new year is the RESULT of this resynchronization! :D

The Chinese Calendar is not strictly a lunar calendar.

If the Chinese Calendar was a strictly lunar calendar, then it would follow similar rules to the islamic calendar, which IS a lunar calendar only. Have you ever looked at the Islamic calendar?

A lunar year of 12 months is made up of roughly 354 lunar days, which is 11 days shorter than a solar year.* This means that every new year starts 11 days earlier than the one before.

Ok, so let's use the lunar calendar to calculate the new year. If we use the coming new moon (Feb 14) as the beginning of the new year, then about 354 days later we will have our next new year, which would start around Feb 3rd. 354 days after that comes our next new year, which would be around Jan 23rd. The year after that it would be Jan 12, then Jan 1, then Dec 20, Dec 9, and so on.
This means that the lunar new year is not tied to the solar year; it would arrive earlier and earlier in the year, making the new year regress through the seasons, taking roughly 19 years to return to the original season.

If a culture wanted to use the moon to keep track of the year, but wanted to start the year according to the seasons, which are solarly governed, then they could tie the two together and start the lunar new year by picking the new moon which was closest to the solar beginning of a season (solar beginning of spring, for instance.) In doing so, they would have to grasp the changes in the lunar count (whether the lunar year was shorter or longer than the solar year, whether there were 3 moons or 4 in a growing season) which is where the qualitative associations of Elements and Animals come in.

Therefore the Chinese Calendar is a combined lunar - solar, or luni-solar calendar.

*If 13 lunar months are being used to make up a lunar year, then the year is 382 days long - 17 days longer than a solar year, which means that every new year starts 17 days later than the one before. The new year therefore progresses through the seasons.

What's Twilight?

You lucky lucky man.

Lucas
02-10-2010, 11:47 AM
What's twilight?

i think its some movie or tv show that teenage girls and their moms rave about.

uki
02-11-2010, 04:09 AM
A lunar year of 12 months is made up of roughly 354 lunar days, which is 11 days shorter than a solar year.* This means that every new year starts 11 days earlier than the one before.ah ha!! this is the problem... there are 13 lunar months in one solar year... 28 days per moon, 364 days, one day of time out.

If 13 lunar months are being used to make up a lunar year, then the year is 382 days long - 17 days longer than a solar year, which means that every new year starts 17 days later than the one before. The new year therefore progresses through the seasons.how did you come up with 382 days?? a lunar month is 28 days, which is the same for the average menstrual cycle of a woman and the time it takes for cement to cure... one lunar month... personally i think the chinese system the way you describe it is made too complicated... it's really quite simple to follow a solar year according to lunar months. :)

Xiao3 Meng4
02-12-2010, 01:03 AM
I'm sure you understand the delusion of ideal time; while every cycle is repeated procedurally, one phase after the other, the cycles themselves are not equal in linear time (length.)

If every lunar month had exactly 28 days, you would be right in your calculation. Some months in every year are longer though, with up to 30 days in them. As such, a 12 month lunar calendar is short compared to the solar calendar, while a 13 month lunar calendar is long.

One way to avoid the problem of the lunar new year receding or progressing through the seasons (if that's a problem at all) is to alternate between long (13 month) and short (12 month) years. What remains is the problem of where the new year should be in relation to the solar calendar. How would you decide that?

Regarding how I came up w/ 382 days: "I think I made a mistake" is how I came up with it. :p around 370 days is a better number for a 13 month lunar year.

GeneChing
02-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Well said again, Xiao3 Meng4.

What's even more confusing is that the year of the Chinese calendar is somewhat subject to academic opinion. Depending upon when you set year one, this is either 4708, 4707 or 4647. I lean towards 4708, mostly because that's the date that the S.F. parade (http://www.chineseparade.com/)sets its calendar on.

That might seem "too complicated" to you, uki, but consider 4000+ years of history. Remember when there was a movement to create a metric calendar? The world accepted that just like America accepted the metric system. :rolleyes:

There's value in complexity. For example, I'm fairly skeptical about astrology (I know, ironic since I've been working on this horoscope column (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/info/horoscope/index.php) for a decade now). However, in Western astrology, I am a firm believer in Mercury in Retrograde. It's an absurd theory, a metaphysical CYA developed to account for an inaccurate fundamental assumption of the arrangement of planets. Nevertheless, at least for me personally, it has a rather robust effect. Superstition or not, I heed is as much as I heed the placebo effect.

Eddie
02-13-2010, 01:55 AM
happy new year. Its cold, wet and the air smells like gun powder

新年快乐, 恭喜发财

uki
02-13-2010, 03:17 AM
here something i find very interesting... http://www.tortuga.com/portal/home

regardless, the tiger energy does not click on until the new moon... so therefore the 14th is the OFFICIAL start of the tiger year, not the 4th. :p

Eddie
02-13-2010, 03:40 AM
the 14th is in like 5 hours. whats your point?

emptyfist
02-13-2010, 08:26 AM
interesting thread. to answer eddie's question, fixing of the first day of the year is of vital importance in the orient based on the cultural belief that, among other reasons, whatever happens on the first day of the year is an omen for the rest of the year

on uki's posts, if i read them correctly, i think he might be asking what astronomical phenomenon is associated with february 4th. this is a valid point, as february 14th is the new moon, an observable event. thus would this be a better candidate then february 4th as the marker for the new year?

from what i understand, the feng shui calendar is an approximation of celestial movement. the feng shui movement does not tally their events entirely against observable astronomical events anymore, though it might have done so in the distant past. instead it is based on mathematical calculations, in effect, it has become a semi-numerological system. but this does not seem to have affected its efficacy nor does the feng shui bazi system claim to be an astronomical/astrological system in the first place.

In contrast, the indian and muslim system of event date fixing are still based on astronomical observation. for example, for the recent tamil festival of thaipusam (http://www.dailykungfu.com/2010/01/stellar-import-of-thaipusam.html), the date is calibrated with the moon passing a certain star formation in the sky. muslim astronomers are even more fastidious, some of their major festivals start only when the new moon is directly observable in the sky. if the moon is hidden by heavy cloud cover, there is no new moon.

disclaimer: i am not an astrologer/astronomer.

uki
02-13-2010, 03:30 PM
all this mess is another fine example of mankinds drift away from being in synch with the harmonies of nature... before the clock, a day was from sun-up to sun-down... before the calendar, a year was 13 moons long with one day left for play...

so my question to those in defense of star-quakery here... a baby is born on feb. 5th, is it a tiger or an ox?? :rolleyes:

Xiao3 Meng4
02-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Hehe, this is funny...

2010 - "Lunar New Year beginning" = February 14th (why not any other new moon?)

13 lunar months later...

2011 - "Lunar New Year" = March 4th

13 months later...

2012 - "Lunar New Year" = March 22nd

13 months later...

2013 - "Lunar New Year" = April 10th

13 months later...

2014 - "Lunar New Year" = April 29th

...Get my drift? ;) :D

This is absolutely fine if you favor a 13 month lunar calendar over other calendars. Likewise, a Solar Calendar may be preferred over a lunar one. Alternately, a combined calendar may be used. This is what I advocate. The Sun is as important as the moon.

Re a kid born on Feb 5th: depends on what the heck timescale you're looking at. If it's on a yearly scale, then the child will be an earth ox by convention. On a monthly scale, the child would be a water ox.

uki
02-14-2010, 02:22 AM
Re a kid born on Feb 5th: depends on what the heck timescale you're looking at. If it's on a yearly scale, then the child will be an earth ox by convention.thank you for your response. :)

Xiao3 Meng4
02-14-2010, 02:36 AM
LOL!

Happy New Year. :)

uki
02-14-2010, 02:37 AM
LOL!

Happy New Year. thank you... i have waited 36 years for this one. :D

Xiao3 Meng4
02-14-2010, 02:43 AM
36 years ago the sun was in the same phase of sunspot activity as it is now.

Go Tigers!

uki
02-14-2010, 02:44 AM
Go Tigers!be careful what you wish for...

goju
02-14-2010, 02:48 AM
i think its some movie or tv show that teenage girls and their moms and Gene Ching rave about.

fixed lol:D:D

uki
02-14-2010, 03:06 AM
from http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jfoZqqQau5zICT9rp5LW-2O4fJ7AD9DR2LR80
BEIJING — Train and bus stations overflowed and airports were packed Saturday as tens of millions of Chinese rushed home to be with their families for the start of the Lunar New Year holiday and the Year of the Tiger.hmmm... seems they weren't rushing last week to be with their families on the 4th...

from http://www.timeslive.co.za/news/local/article306407.ece
The Chinese Year of the Tiger begins on Feb 14, 2010. Here members of the Chinese community in the UK prepare for the New Year with traditional lanterns in the street of China Town, Leicester Square London. odd...

from http://www.unobserver.com/layout4.php?id=7262&blz=1
Because of cyclical lunar dating, the first day of the year can fall anywhere between late January and the middle of February. On the Chinese calendar, 2010 is Lunar Year 4708. On the Western calendar, the start of the New Year falls on Sunday, February 14, 2010 — The Year of the Tiger. This year, the date has special significance since it also happens to fall on Valentine's Day making it a doubly auspicious day to celebrate in the West.
absolutely amazing...

from http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/culture/2010-02/14/c_13175163.htm
BEIJING, Feb. 14 (Xinhua) -- The first thing Qiwen did when she woke up Sunday on the first morning of the Year of Tiger was to run towards the windows.wonder why this little girl didn't run towards the windows on the morning of the 4th?? how odd indeed... one would think that if the year of the tiger started on the 4th as gene would have you believe, that all these people are deluded into thinking that the year of the tiger started on the 14th. :p

Eddie
02-14-2010, 08:16 AM
I wish I knew what Uki was on about.

uki
02-14-2010, 08:41 AM
I wish I knew what Uki was on about.it's really not that important, but man you should see the ripple effect.

Songshan
02-14-2010, 04:13 PM
I wish I knew what Uki was on about.

You didn't know?? Uki is the most advanced knowledge source of sources that is just never wrong and has to get the last post of posts.....just watch.....:D

Songshan
02-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Oh and I forgot.....

xīn nián hăo !

uki
02-14-2010, 04:56 PM
You didn't know?? Uki is the most advanced knowledge source of sources that is just never wrong and has to get the last post of posts.....just watch.....spoken like a true believer. :p

Scott R. Brown
02-15-2010, 04:05 AM
You didn't know?? Uki is the most advanced knowledge source of sources that is just never wrong and has to get the last post of posts.....just watch.....:D

Finally.....someone acknowledges uki's true greatness....

.....besides uki that is!:p:D

Scott R. Brown
02-15-2010, 04:08 AM
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step-Lao Tzu

A journey of a single step begins with a thought! - Me :D

uki
02-15-2010, 04:18 AM
A journey of a single step begins with a thought!what begins a single thought?

Scott R. Brown
02-15-2010, 09:12 AM
what begins a single thought?

.....Mind!

taai gihk yahn
02-15-2010, 09:13 AM
what begins a single thought?
<smack>

.....Mind!
<smackity-smack!>

Scott R. Brown
02-15-2010, 09:19 AM
<smack>

<smackity-smack!>

Uhhhh......that's:

Prance....prance....prance.....<smack>....

Prance....prance....prance......<smackity-smack!>

Now try again.....WIT FEEEEWING!!!!

uki
02-15-2010, 02:00 PM
.....Mind!where's the mind come from?

Dragonzbane76
02-15-2010, 04:47 PM
that grey matter behind your eyes duhhh.... :)

Scott R. Brown
02-15-2010, 07:31 PM
that grey matter behind your eyes duhhh.... :)

I thought that was jello!!:eek:

GeneChing
02-23-2010, 02:24 PM
If you're going to a banquet, mind your manners. A faux pas can have dramatic implications. Here's a primer of how to act if you go to a Chinese New Years Guess who's coming to dinner? Your master! The do's and don'ts of Chinese Banquet Etiquette (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=883) by David Wei.

kfson
02-23-2010, 02:36 PM
If you're going to a banquet, mind your manners. A faux pas can have dramatic implications. Here's a primer of how to act if you go to a Chinese New Years Guess who's coming to dinner? Your master! The do's and don'ts of Chinese Banquet Etiquette (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=883) by David Wei.

Wow! Thanks for that.

David Jamieson
02-23-2010, 02:37 PM

wow! detailed instructions on how to be a brown nose!

that's awesome!
:D

taai gihk yahn
02-23-2010, 03:11 PM

the addendum should be that your sifu can buck the etiquette any darn time he likes, and that if you don't realize he's doing that and make him look bad, it's YOUR fault!!!

also, even if you do everything perfectly, you are still inadequate...

uki
02-24-2010, 01:50 AM
i just be myself where ever i go... if people get offended, it's really not my problem - a tiger can act however it wants, especially in it's own year. :p

GeneChing
02-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Brown nosing is good guanxi. It's a delicate, but distinct difference.

The rules of etiquette are very Confucian, and therefore, very Chinese. To really penetrate any other culture in a respectful manner, you need to decode their etiquette. There are many subtleties. For example, I love this photo:
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/images/ezine/MasterLau_Wubin_toast.jpg
That's Wu Bin (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=693) (Jet Li's coach and one of the highest regarded masters in PRC) toasting Lily Lau (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=62). In a strict patriarchal hierarchy, Coach Wu is senior. And yet, he lowers his glass beneath Lau's as a sign of respect. You can see in her expression how she accepts the honor joyfully. It's a very sweet moment for Wulin.

I don't know how many times I've raced masters and friends to get my cup lower than theirs. It's a bit of a trick since you don't want to spill anything. That's a faux pas in any culture. My kung fu siblings and I make a sort of game out of it. It's like 'who can be faster to show respect?' It's always done with joy and respect, not brown nosing subservience or failed attempts at perfection.

uki
02-24-2010, 04:26 PM
i am a fan of the what you see is what you get presence - ya'll folks can find wude by building a facade, but i say, why waste the time and just enjoy the party. :D

David Jamieson
02-24-2010, 04:37 PM

The rules of etiquette are very Confucian, and therefore, very Chinese. To really penetrate any other culture in a respectful manner, you need to decode their etiquette. There are many subtleties. For example, I love this photo:
That's Wu Bin (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=693) (Jet Li's coach and one of the highest regarded masters in PRC) toasting Lily Lau (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=62). In a strict patriarchal hierarchy, Coach Wu is senior. And yet, he lowers his glass beneath Lau's as a sign of respect. You can see in her expression how she accepts the honor joyfully. It's a very sweet moment for Wulin.

I don't know how many times I've raced masters and friends to get my cup lower than theirs. It's a bit of a trick since you don't want to spill anything. That's a faux pas in any culture. My kung fu siblings and I make a sort of game out of it. It's like 'who can be faster to show respect?' It's always done with joy and respect, not brown nosing subservience or failed attempts at perfection.

lol.

Indeed. Extension of extra courtesy to your parents, your elders and your teachers is exemplary of good manners and disposition in a person. :)
Also among your friends makes for a better world for everyone.

GeneChing
02-24-2010, 05:06 PM
uki, I suspect you just haven't been to many good wulin parties. ;)

Scott R. Brown
02-24-2010, 07:02 PM

Thank you for the education Gene, I enjoy learning about other cultures.

I do have a question however:

It appears to me that one is demonstrating humility, as well as honor, by placing their glass lower than the other person, however if it becomes a competition doesn't that turn a humble gesture into egotism by trying to be more humble and honoring than the other person?

uki
02-25-2010, 05:33 AM
uki, I suspect you just haven't been to many good wulin parties.i suspect that if they're anything like that picture there, that it be akin to an elephant in a fine china shoppe. :)

David Jamieson
02-25-2010, 05:54 AM
Uki "racing" to be more humble?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

also

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!

and furthermore

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, etc.

Dragonzbane76
02-25-2010, 06:58 AM
Uki "racing" to be more humble?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

also

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!

and furthermore

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, etc.

you all right dude??

uki
02-25-2010, 10:46 AM
you all right dude??what's funny is at first glance, i thought that was your post of laughter. :D

GeneChing
02-25-2010, 11:10 AM
It appears to me that one is demonstrating humility, as well as honor, by placing their glass lower than the other person, however if it becomes a competition doesn't that turn a humble gesture into egotism by trying to be more humble and honoring than the other person? There is that for sure. And that's why etiquette can be really delicate, especially across cultures. When you meet a true master of etiquette, whether it be Chinese or Western, you know. It's akin to the master socialite.

uki
02-25-2010, 11:12 AM
It's akin to the master socialite.bodhidharma for instance... i bet he was a tiger. :p

taai gihk yahn
02-25-2010, 02:49 PM
bodhidharma for instance... i bet he was a tiger. :p
Tigers are mean
Tigers are fierce
Tigers have teeth
And claws that pierce.
Tigers are great
They can't be beat
If I was a tiger
That would be neat!
Tigers are nimble
And light on their toes
My REspect for tigers
Continually grows.
Tigers are perfect
The e-pit-o-me
Of good looks and grace
And quiet dignity!
Tigers are great
They're the toast of town
Life's always better
When a tiger's around!

David Jamieson
02-25-2010, 02:53 PM
To us Dragons, Tigers just taste funny.

lol

Scott R. Brown
02-25-2010, 04:00 PM
There is that for sure. And that's why etiquette can be really delicate, especially across cultures. When you meet a true master of etiquette, whether it be Chinese or Western, you know. It's akin to the master socialite.

Yes....it seems one would have to discern, perhaps intuitively, when to allow the other person to humble themselves to you, which could, actually, be the greater demonstration of humility!

I can see how this would be difficult inside the culture much less from someone who is not born into the culture.

GeneChing
02-25-2010, 06:05 PM
There are rules, but true etiquette comes from the heart. Confucius had that part totally right. He discussed how empty ritual wasn't meaningful. That applies to every art.

As for Damo's zodiac, that is impossible to determine. According to legend, he was born somewhere between 386 and 404, which clears a cycle of 12 and them some. Of course, that's based on subtracted his legendary age of death from his death date and his legendary age of death was 150. :rolleyes:

uki
02-25-2010, 06:22 PM
:rolleyes:i think you need to have this smilie surgically removed from your fingers...

GeneChing
02-25-2010, 06:57 PM
But:rolleyes:
I:rolleyes:
luv:rolleyes:
that:rolleyes:
smiley....:(

Back OT - I'm somewhat bummed that I have to miss the S.F. parade (http://www.chineseparade.com/)this Saturday.

GeneChing
02-26-2010, 03:15 PM
One of our freelancers sent me this (http://www.chumulu.com/collections/all).

Scott R. Brown
02-26-2010, 06:23 PM
One of our freelancers sent me this (http://www.chumulu.com/collections/all).

So.....how many did you buy?

I own 12 a piece!:D

uki
02-27-2010, 05:04 AM
i thought some folks might be interested in what happened in the last year of the golden tiger(assuming you understand the cycle of three, the number nine, and so forth :p)

180(reduces to 9, which is the number of the tiger according to numerlogical aspects) years ago would be three cycles of 60 years, which brings us to the year 1830... so let's take a look at some historical facts of our current year. :D

Jan 7th - 1st US Railroad Station opens (Baltimore)
Jan 8th - Dutch King Willem I fires him displeasing parliament members
Jan 13th - Great fire in New Orleans thought to be set by rebel slaves
Jan 21st - Portsmouth (Ohio) blacks forcibly deported
Jan 28th - Opera "Fra Diavolo," premieres in Paris
Feb 3rd - The sovereignty of Greece was confirmed in a London Protocol.
Feb 25th - Victor Hugo's "Hernani" premieres in Paris
Mar 4th - V Bellini's opera "I Capuleti e i Montecchi," premieres in Venice
Mar 10th - The KNIL also known as the Royal Netherlands East Indies Army is created.
Mar 16th - London's re-organised police force (Scotland Yard)
Mar 16th - New York Stock Exchange slowest day ever (31 shares traded)
Mar 26th - The Book of Mormon is published in Palmyra, New York.
Apr 6th - Joseph Smith & 5 others organizes Mormon church in Seneca Co, NY
Apr 11th - Robert Schumann attends piano concerto by Paganini
May 3rd - 1st regular steam train passenger service starts
May 13th - Republic of Ecuador is founded, with Juan Jose Flores as president
May 18th - Edwin Budding of England signs an agreement for manufacture of his invention, lawn mower. Saturdays are destroyed forever
May 20th - 1st railroad timetable published in newspaper (Baltimore American)
May 20th - D Hyde patents fountain pen
May 24th - "Mary Had A Little Lamb," is written
May 24th - 1st passenger rail service in US (Baltimore & Elliots Mill, Maryland)
May 28th - Congress authorizes Indian removal from all states to western prairie
Jun 12th - Beginning of the French colonization of Algeria: 34,000 French soldiers land 27 kilometers west of Algiers, at Sidi Ferruch.
Jul 5th - France invades Algeria, begins a 40 year conquest
Jul 15th - 3 Indian tribes, Sioux, Sauk & Fox, signs a treaty giving the US most of Minnesota, Iowa & Missouri
Jul 27th - Revolution breaks out in Paris, opposing laws of Charles X
Jul 28th - Revolution in France replaces Charles X with Louis Philippe
Jul 31st - Charles X of France resigns by force
Aug 4th - Plans for city of Chicago laid out
Aug 9th - Louis-Philippe formally accepts crown of France, following abdication of Charles X
Aug 25th - Belgium revolts against Netherlands
Aug 25th - The Belgian Revolution begins.
Aug 28th - 1st locomotive in US, "Tom Thumb," runs from Balt to Ellicotts Mill
Aug 28th - The Tom Thumb presages the first railway service in the United States.
Sep 9th - Charles Durant, 1st US aeronaut, flies a balloon from Castle Garden, NYC to Perth Amboy, NJ
Sep 14th - Princess WFLC Marianne marries Albrecht of Prussia
Sep 15th - 1st National Negro Convention begins in Phila
Sep 15th - 1st to be run-over by a railroad train (William Huskisson, England)
Sep 15th - Duke of Wellington opens Liverpool & Manchester Railway
Sep 16th - Oliver Wendell Holmes writes "Old Ironsides"
Sep 18th - Horse beats 1st US made locomotive (near Baltimore) *this is my birthday!!!*
Sep 20th - 1st Negro Convention of Free Men agree to boycott slave-produced goods
Sep 23rd - Dutch troops occupy Brussels
Sep 27th - Dutch army leaves Brussels, after 100s killed
Oct 1st - General Trade Journal newspaper begins publishing in Amsterdam
Oct 4th - Provisional government declares secession of Belgium from Netherlands
Oct 4th - Creation of the state of Belgium after separation from The Netherlands.
Oct 5th - King Willem I mobilizes Dutch army
Oct 26th - Belgian rebels occupy Antwerp
Oct 27th - Major-General Baron D Chasse bombs Antwerp (Belgium revolution)
Nov 13th - Oliver Wendell Holmes publishes "Old Ironsides"
Nov 22nd - Charles Grey, (2nd Earl Grey), became Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
Nov 29th - November Uprising: An armed rebellion against Russia's rule in Poland begins.Dec 5th - Hector Berlioz' "Symphonique fantastique," premieres in Paris
Dec 20th - England, France, Prussia, Austria & Russia recognize Belgium
Dec 25th - Hector Berlioz's "Symphony Fantastic," premieres
Dec 26th - Gaetano Donizetti's opera "Anna Bolena," premieres in Milan
taken from: http://www.historyorb.com/events/date/1830

i have highlighted interesting events that are an indicator of what is in store for the planet this fine year. :p

GeneChing
03-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Actually, it's only a cycle of 60 by traditional reckoning. It's five elements times twelve zodiac signs. 金虎

uki
03-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Actually, it's only a cycle of 60 by traditional reckoning. It's five elements times twelve zodiac signs. 金虎i realize this gene, but according to other reckonings, gold happens only once every 3 cycles of metal, thus it would be the year 1830. :p

GeneChing
03-02-2010, 01:19 PM
金 (jin) means gold. It's always used as the element.

uki
03-02-2010, 01:22 PM
It's always used as the element.always?? like an absolution?!?!? *gasp* does this mean that there is only one character for the element of metal and that this character also encompasses every single other element contained within the element of metal?? :eek:

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 01:23 PM
i realize this gene, but according to other reckonings, gold happens only once every 3 cycles of metal, thus it would be the year 1830. :p

"gold" is the metal.

Earth/Wood/Fire/Water/Gold(metal)

uki
03-02-2010, 01:48 PM
"gold" is the metal.

Earth/Wood/Fire/Water/Gold(metal)i don't buy it... gold is A metal. :D

... if that were the case, why does everyone explain metal energy as splitting thru wood energy?? they make gold axes to cut down trees?? LMAO!!!

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 01:54 PM
i don't buy it... gold is A metal. :D

... if that were the case, why does everyone explain metal energy as splitting thru wood energy?? they make gold axes to cut down trees?? LMAO!!!

wu xing can be as complex or as simple as you like.

splitting, or "pi" is in reference to 5 phase theory applied to xingyi

for what it's worth "wood" isn't "wood" the term "mu" is "tree" which implies a whole different set of traits as well.

uki
03-02-2010, 03:03 PM
for what it's worth "wood" isn't "wood" the term "mu" is "tree" which implies a whole different set of traits as well.ah, but the "tree" is exactly what is the best way to convey the traits of the element of wood - there is direct correlation between the 5 elements of xingyi and the elements of the zodiac. the element of wood is best summed up with the characteristics of a tree in general. :)

Lucas
03-02-2010, 03:34 PM
thats why i use old pictures of mr. t

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Profiles/20061002/244.mr.t.092806.jpg

KC Elbows
03-02-2010, 03:40 PM
There are rules, but true etiquette comes from the heart. Confucius had that part totally right. He discussed how empty ritual wasn't meaningful. That applies to every art.

Good point. It's weird to approach his view that even ritual one doesn't believe in must be approached this way, as whatever human quality the ritual requires is a good opportunity to cultivate that state in yourself, but it's good sense.

GeneChing
03-02-2010, 03:41 PM
In ukiworld, you can define metal as aluminum, mercury or heavy. But in TCM 5 elements theory, 金 is 金. 木 is 木 (although that character can mean wood just as much as tree). And the Chinese zodiac is based upon TCM 5 elements.

Lucas
03-02-2010, 04:02 PM
in lucasworld all metal is heavy

Scott R. Brown
03-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Isn't gold just an archetype for metal in general, I doubt it means specifically gold. It is because gold is pretty and doesn't tarnish that gives it this value and position and the most prized of metals.

A tree is wood, even though wood may not necessarily be a tree!

The number 12 appears to be an universal archetypal symbol as well, throughout many ancient cultures. Dividing the heavens into 12 parts goes all the way back to to Sumeria, some 7-10,000 years ago.

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Isn't gold just an archetype for metal in general, I doubt it means specifically gold. It is because gold is pretty and doesn't tarnish that gives it this value and position and the most prized of metals.

A tree is wood, even though wood may not necessarily be a tree!

The number 12 appears to be an universal archetypal symbol as well, throughout many ancient cultures. Dividing the heavens into 12 parts goes all the way back to to Sumeria, some 7-10,000 years ago.

There are myriad metals. Most of them do not share the same properties. Indeed, some are liquid. Gold is the archetype for the very reasons you state.

the quality of wood that is hewn is entirely different than wood that is still alive.
hewn wood is also myriad in qualities, as are trees, but the wood of a living tree doesn't tend to be brittle, dry or...well lifeless.

The number 0 is the most fascinating. :)

12 was not the universal way of dividing the night sky though. Heck, the mayans didn't even really follow it by way of the stars but rather by way of the dark patches among the stars! It is common though throughout many other cultures throughout all time, i'll give you that.

Scott R. Brown
03-02-2010, 04:57 PM
12 was not the universal way of dividing the night sky though. Heck, the mayans didn't even really follow it by way of the stars but rather by way of the dark patches among the stars! It is common though throughout many other cultures throughout all time, i'll give you that.

Mayan's used base 20, Sumerians used base 12.

uki
03-03-2010, 03:45 AM
Sumerians used base 12.because their "gods" had six fingers on each hand. :p

Scott R. Brown
03-03-2010, 03:57 AM
because their "gods" had six fingers on each hand. :p

Or because, according to Sitchin, they counted 12 planets!

uki
03-03-2010, 04:12 AM
Or because, according to Sitchin, they counted 12 planets!i am sure it was chosen as the base for reasons much more profound than counting 12 planets(numerology/geometry/light frequencies)... yet speaking of sitchin, the annunaki would have been the "gods" with 6 fingers. :)

oh and gene... everything makes much more sense in ukiworld. :p

GeneChing
03-03-2010, 11:15 AM
sense or scents? :p

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Or because, according to Sitchin, they counted 12 planets!

oh god, you just had to bring up that half baked can of beans eh?

lol

Hey Uki, what other Sumerian scholars have you read?
Have you ever read the translation of te Epic of Gilgamesh?

p.s in case you didn't know what everyone at the British Museum already knows, Sitchin is a fraud and a charlatan selling books to fear junkies. IN all serious research of Mesopotamia, Sitchin fits in right about where Von Daniken fits in regarding the study of pre-columbian mesoamerica or Egypt. :p

IE: on the fringes next to the other rejected theories.

uki
03-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Have you ever read the translation of te Epic of Gilgamesh?yes.

p.s in case you didn't know what everyone at the British Museum already knows, Sitchin is a fraud and a charlatan selling books to fear junkies.LMAO!!! the british museum - there's some credibility right there folks.

IE: on the fringes next to the other rejected theories.Galileo Galilei comes to mind... lol

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 04:07 PM
yes.
LMAO!!! the british museum - there's some credibility right there folks.
Galileo Galilei comes to mind... lol

Dude, if you haven't been, you really are arguing from ignorance as the saying goes.
Are you actually implying Sitchin has more Credibility than the curator of near eastern antiquities at the British museum?

Sitchin had some Hebrew school as a boy. He is simply not a qualified translator and certainly has not gained any accreditation whatsoever to that end and is more often than not viewed with a raised eyebrow and a knowing giggle from virtually all linguists who have the misfortune of encountering him.

Anyway, next time you're i London, check out that museum, they have an amazing collection (needless to say, Sitchin liked to hang out there)

As for the Catholics and their beef with Galileo, do you know the particulars behind that? And what does the British Museum have to do with it and are you implying that Galileo is still held in contempt by anyone? because that's like, really old news and no longer has relevance when discussing these things.

It's important to expose the fraudsters for what they are though. Sitchin and Von Daniken are two of the biggest frauds ever.

then you have the guy who thought the face on mars was a construct, now it's a sandbox and because he is such a halfwit, he just can't let go and goes on to tell people that the various spacecraft that have returned photos from various space agencies are somehow wrong, and he, is right.... even though he was an employee of nasa (big deal, thousands work for nasa and some are working in the print shop)

and this new mexican dude who thinks that balloons in a sack in the atmosphere are quetzlcoatl!

Step away from the fringe, look at the actual science and then force yourself to listen to someone like Neil tyson for at least an hour. That should gently awaken you from the tinfoil poisoning. :)

Scott R. Brown
03-03-2010, 06:24 PM
oh god, you just had to bring up that half baked can of beans eh?

Yeah!:D

I did it on purpose too!!:D

Scott R. Brown
03-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Dude, if you haven't been, you really are arguing from ignorance as the saying goes.
Are you actually implying Sitchin has more Credibility than the curator of near eastern antiquities at the British museum?

You cannot believe Reptilians! Of course they will lie to protect their power!

Sitchin had some Hebrew school as a boy. He is simply not a qualified translator and certainly has not gained any accreditation whatsoever to that end and is more often than not viewed with a raised eyebrow and a knowing giggle from virtually all linguists who have the misfortune of encountering him.

If they did not giggle it would not be the Tao/Truth!

It's important to expose the fraudsters for what they are though. Sitchin and Von Daniken are two of the biggest frauds ever.

You mean these brave men who expose the truth behind the illusion of the Illuminati/Reptilian decpetion?

then you have the guy who thought the face on mars was a construct, now it's a sandbox and because he is such a halfwit, he just can't let go and goes on to tell people that the various spacecraft that have returned photos from various space agencies are somehow wrong, and he, is right.... even though he was an employee of nasa (big deal, thousands work for nasa and some are working in the print shop)

and this new mexican dude who thinks that balloons in a sack in the atmosphere are quetzlcoatl!

Step away from the fringe, look at the actual science and then force yourself to listen to someone like Neil tyson for at least an hour. That should gently awaken you from the tinfoil poisoning. :)

Oh Yee of little faith!!! One day, when the truth comes out you will see the truth was the truth from the beginning!:p

uki
03-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah!

I did it on purpose too!!it seems david gets all bent out of shape when sitchin is brought up... LOL... almost to the point of being offended that perhaps he's on to something - i can understand there is alot at stake if sitchin does prove to be right :p

Scott R. Brown
03-04-2010, 01:47 AM
it seems david gets all bent out of shape when sitchin is brought up... LOL... almost to the point of being offended that perhaps he's on to something - i can understand there is alot at stake if sitchin does prove to be right :p

My position is to take no position at all. It is all very interesting speculation, but in the end, to me, it doesn't really matter. I take it all as good fun!:)

Whether any of it is true, or whether it is not, it will not affect me in the least.:)

But I am not above baiting anyone and everyone just for the spectacle of it!:D

uki
03-04-2010, 02:30 AM
My position is to take no position at all. It is all very interesting speculation, but in the end, to me, it doesn't really matter. I take it all as good fun!

Whether any of it is true, or whether it is not, it will not affect me in the least.

But I am not above baiting anyone and everyone just for the spectacle of it!i too enjoy watching the spectable. :D

uki
03-06-2010, 03:47 AM
anyone else notice the shift in gears from ox to tiger??? hahahahaha!!!! this year is gonna be one hell of a ride. :D

Scott R. Brown
03-06-2010, 09:02 AM
anyone else notice the shift in gears from ox to tiger??? hahahahaha!!!! this year is gonna be one hell of a ride. :D

I noticed the year started out colder and wetter than usual, is THAT the gears shifting from ox to tiger?

uki
03-06-2010, 10:10 AM
I noticed the year started out colder and wetter than usual, is THAT the gears shifting from ox to tiger?more like shifting from earth to metal... metal retains both heat and cold, creating water thru condensation via, inter-reaction with variables in air tempatures. :)