PDA

View Full Version : Ground Mantis

Kagerou
09-23-2000, 06:12 PM
I was wondering which Northern Mantis styles have ground fighting in them. I know 8-step has Ground Mantis or low mantis which only GrandMaster Sun knows.

Kagerou

8stepsifu
09-23-2000, 09:56 PM
I think Low Mantis and The grappling he taught to Joel Sutton are different. I also heard through the Grapevine that Master Sun used to train a midget Sifu Student. Master Sun felt sorry for him so he taught him some Low Mantis to better protect himself only to later find out that the midget already had a master that sent him to leach techniques /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Who knows maybe it was Dr. Evil /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif From what I know Low Mantis is balls to the floor fighting stance and takes 5 times the leg strength than I currently have. Its kind of in-between stand up and groundfighting and af far as anyone knows, no one else has anything like it. I'll eventually get to learn it, but I'll be in my late 30's by that time /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

8Step Sifu

mantis108
09-23-2000, 11:01 PM
There is a Ground Mantis in TCPM at the advanced level. This form is dynamic and demanding. However, there are different versions in certain moves available to suit the technical and fitness level of the student. Technique wise it has combinations on takedowns, taking falls, grappling, etc.

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa