PDA

View Full Version : is the gung fu in here lama???

hskwarrior
02-10-2010, 10:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYC2EVRmH08

firepalm
02-11-2010, 01:36 AM
the guy at around 2:45 is doing CLF. The guys before, not sure but **** love those red shoes!:eek:

taai gihk yahn
02-11-2010, 03:43 AM
looks like Lama ("it had the whole "kahp", "pao", "chyuhn", "gwa" and "pak yihk po" thing), but it could be Hahp Ga or White Crane just as well - obviously it would depend on the specific lineage; it seemed like it had what looked like the "traditional" Lama opening / closing, albeit a somewhat different from the exact ones with which I am personally familiar;

and those red shoes are da bomb! when is Gene going to start stocking those?!?

once ronin
02-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Its looks like lama's mui fa pattern and the begining of white crane's 6 power.

The solo form looks like parts of choy li fut.

What city is this in?

hskwarrior
02-11-2010, 04:30 PM
thats in Hawaii....don't know what city though

unyma
02-11-2010, 06:00 PM
The first form is Hop Gaah Mui Fa, not sure onthe solo form either. The second form is the beginning of Hop Gaah Tiet Lin.

jdhowland
02-11-2010, 09:46 PM
The palms over right shoulder salute looks like Cheuk Tse's. The set at 1:20 is Dai Johng Muih Fa. Looks as if a couple of moves have been changed from the way it was taught a generation ago. The CLF opening hands also look like the stuff we did but the content after the opening is anybody's guess. At around 3:45 it shows the first road of White Crane's Tit Lihn Kyuhn but the final move has been changed to a chyun cheui from Luhk Lehk Kyuhn.

jd

lkfmdc
02-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Was gonna say Cheuk Tse but he beat me to it :mad: :p

Definitely lama or Hop Ga, different "feel" than the white crane lines

Though if it is Cheuk, you are looking at another synthesis of traditions, much like CTS's

hskwarrior
02-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Sifu cheuk is a Hung Mun sifu so i believe that is his school.....the video is of the hawaii branch CFM

the video states the gung fu came from Sifu Gerry Lam.....

jdhowland
02-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Looks like Honolulu. Cheuk also had classes on Kauai and the "Big Island," (also Hong Kong and Taiwan). Thanks for posting this, hskwarrior. I didn't know that anyone outide of the Wo Li Wo or Steve Nacua's group in N.Y. still trains with his material.
jd

hskwarrior
02-14-2010, 04:42 PM
no problem brother....no problem