PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of James Wu in Philly?

Ares
03-04-2000, 10:56 PM
I've talked with several martial artists from the chicago area who met a Praying Manits instructor named James Wu while traveling in Philly several years ago. They thought we was one of the highest level mantis practictioners they'd ever seen. Does anyone have any information on him? Lineage? Still instructing? Opinions? Thanks...

Ares
Ares_13@excite.com

03-05-2000, 03:10 AM
Hmm... doing a search doesn't bring anyone up. There is a mantis school in PA, but not in Philidelphia that I can see. If there is it would be great to know.

WildMan_Riot
03-08-2000, 04:43 PM
My uncle is James Wu. I don't recall him teaching praying mantis though. He works as an accountant and plays golf in for pleasure. I think you've got the wrong person.

DrewMantis
03-29-2000, 09:48 PM
Ah, I've received my registration confirmation...

James Wu did live in the Philly area and taught Praying Mantis and Six Harmonies Fist. He moved back to Taiwan a few years ago.
He has recently produced a mantis video which I think is advertised in some of the kung fu magazines. His nephew, Paul Sun is also a Praying Mantis instructor currently teaching in the Philadelphia area. Paul's website is www.teammantis.com (http://www.teammantis.com) (it's brand new and small still).

WildMan_Riot
04-01-2000, 06:57 PM
DrewMantis

James who is an accountant and lives in Philly also happens to be a close friend of my uncle. I asked him about hsi knowledge of praying mantis. My uncle confirmed that James did have a collection of butterflies but had NO interest in praying mantis. Like I said, you've all got the wrong person.

DrewMantis
04-02-2000, 10:03 PM
Twit...

WildMan_Riot
04-16-2000, 02:34 PM
The correct response is thanks. But I'm sure in real life you're a jolly person.