PDA

View Full Version : Almost got my black belt in JKD, ready 2 beat azz!

Maheralj
02-11-2010, 12:06 PM
What up everybody, I just discovered this forum and here to exchange thoughts. I been studying JKD for a few years and almost got my black belt. I take any challengers and plan to show the MMA world that JKD is teh deadly soon. In the mean time check me out at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8newrMAjDE

kfson
02-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Keep up the good work.
There are plenty of people on this forum who will provide encouragement. ;)

MasterKiller
02-11-2010, 12:27 PM
What up everybody, I just discovered this forum and here to exchange thoughts. I been studying JKD for a few years and almost got my black belt. I take any challengers and plan to show the MMA world that JKD is teh deadly soon. In the mean time check me out at

How do you get a black belt in something that isn't a style?

Frost
02-11-2010, 01:33 PM

how else do you make money out of kids that don't know any better?

TenTigers
02-11-2010, 02:27 PM
I couldn't finish watching it. The kid could move ok, but he can't speak.
He cannot put two sentances together, so although what he has to say may be good, the way it comes across makes him sound uneducated and inarticulate., and well...stupid.
If you're going to put yourself out there, on youtube, or any public exposure:
1) have a friend who doesn't make you look foolish by not keeping it together, and giggling like an idiot..
2) learn some communication skills-stop hangin out with street trash. When you speak like that, nobody takes you seriously, they just think that you're stupid.

SAAMAG
02-11-2010, 03:51 PM
I couldn't finish watching it. The kid could move ok, but he can't speak.
He cannot put two sentances together, so although what he has to say may be good, the way it comes across makes him sound uneducated and inarticulate., and well...stupid.
If you're going to put yourself out there, on youtube, or any public exposure:
1) have a friend who doesn't make you look foolish by not keeping it together, and giggling like an idiot..
2) learn some communication skills-stop hangin out with street trash. When you speak like that, nobody takes you seriously, they just think that you're stupid.

The video wasn't meant to be taken seriously...and I think his post was in jest. I least I very much hope so.

Lucas
02-11-2010, 07:02 PM
lol that **** was funny, this guy will fit right in here. i like how you call out what your gonna do then your buddy just blasts you haha

TenTigers
02-11-2010, 07:42 PM
ok, ok..I stand corrected. I take it back. I watched the whole thing, and I gotta say, That was a very funny clip. I like how he laid down all the essential groundwork, and then showed how he could apply it in real time.
I bow down to your awesomeness!:D
Lucas is right. He fits right in here.;)

uki
02-14-2010, 04:59 PM
how else do you make money out of kids that don't know any better?tactics of the modern master...

Lee Chiang Po
02-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Utube is just full of this stuff. First, think about what you want to show and tell, then write a script and learn it. Almost everyone takes all day talking with their hands and saying stuff like ER, UH, and whatever. Oh, and OK is used a lot too. They have absolutely no idea what the heck they are going to say. Then of course you need to get someone other than your baby brother to help you demonstrate your moves. And the lighting. You need to do something about that too. The shadow effect is pitiful.

Scott R. Brown
02-15-2010, 03:16 AM

When it's "The Art of Fighting Witout Fighting" you don't need a black belt!!:D

uki
02-15-2010, 03:49 AM
with the right amount of money, anyone can have a black belt. :D

Scott R. Brown
02-15-2010, 04:02 AM
You ought to offer black belts with 8# juggling balls hanging off the ends!:D

Of course one must wear a cup when training then!:eek:

taai gihk yahn
02-15-2010, 06:23 AM

bro! dey's some M@D skilzzz u bustin' out wid! Ninja's everywhere must be shaking in their boots, you know, those really cool ones where there's that little separation between the first and second toe? I mean, what a great idea - I wonder who came up with that? well, anyway, not to digress...
don't listen to any of the h@ters on here - they're just jealous that not only can you walk the walk, but that you can also talk the talk - I mean, because you've got eloquence in spades, and let me tell you, I was so impressed by the way you handled that guy who kept attacking you (although with the rakish way he wore that hat, and that disarming smile of his, sigh, makes me wish I hadn't let my NAMBLA membership run out; but anyway...)
just remember, when someone is dunking your face into a tub oh water and asks you, "Who's da M@ster?!?", hold your head high and announce clearly with a glint of imminent victory in your eye, "I am!"; boy, you'll see some funky fireworks then!
remember to always remember the secret JKD codeword so when you meet another fellow practitioner you can give it to him and hopefully that will get him to stop buggering you...

goju
02-15-2010, 07:06 AM
with the right amount of money, anyone can have a black belt. :D
yeah the cheapest ones are retailing for what? 10.95 at walmart? lol:D

Scott R. Brown
02-15-2010, 09:16 AM
bro! dey's some M@D skilzzz u bustin' out wid! Ninja's everywhere must be shaking in their boots, you know, those really cool ones where there's that little separation between the first and second toe? I mean, what a great idea - I wonder who came up with that? well, anyway, not to digress...
don't listen to any of the h@ters on here - they're just jealous that not only can you walk the walk, but that you can also talk the talk - I mean, because you've got eloquence in spades, and let me tell you, I was so impressed by the way you handled that guy who kept attacking you (although with the rakish way he wore that hat, and that disarming smile of his, sigh, makes me wish I hadn't let my NAMBLA membership run out; but anyway...)
just remember, when someone is dunking your face into a tub oh water and asks you, "Who's da M@ster?!?", hold your head high and announce clearly with a glint of imminent victory in your eye, "I am!"; boy, you'll see some funky fireworks then!
remember to always remember the secret JKD codeword so when you meet another fellow practitioner you can give it to him and hopefully that will get him to stop buggering you...

Get JIGGY with IT Homey!!!:D

taai gihk yahn
02-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Get JIGGY with IT Homey!!!:D
that line may have worked on your wife, but it's not gonna get any traction w/me, Senator...

Scott R. Brown
02-15-2010, 10:58 AM
that line may have worked on your wife, but it's not gonna get any traction w/me, Senator...

You are confusing, "Get JIGGY with it!" and "Get JIGGY on it!"

taai gihk yahn
02-15-2010, 12:43 PM
You are confusing, "Get JIGGY with it!" and "Get JIGGY on it!"

:confused:really? I'm pretty sure it's "with" it, at least that's what the man at the gas station used to tell me when I'd stop in to pump up the tires on my Schwinn 3-speed...