PDA

View Full Version : Woo Chai Meng Shifu Passed Away

r.(shaolin)
02-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Last of the of Old Generation Shaolin Masters Has Passed Away.
Shaolin Master Woo Chai Meng 胡介民師父 passed away in his home in Brooklyn, New York, 8:53 am, Tuesday, Feburary 9th, 2010 at the age of 97. He was born in Fenghua, Zhejiang Province and in 1927 became a disciple of Shaolin master Jian Jin Shan Shifu (簡金山師父), at the Shanghai Henan Shaolin Hui (河南少林會). Shifu Woo became one of the most outstanding instructors there and continued to practice Shaolin all his life. In 1971, Shifu Woo began teaching the next generation in New York and had many fine students. He awarded graduation certificates to following disciples: 王慶鴻 (Charles Wong), 趙嘉偉 (Richard Chao), 咬金 (Rik Zak), 范文平 (Walter Van), Antonio Rodriguez, Anthony Adamson, Anthony Bonilla and Angel Bonilla, charging them with the responsibility of passing on the Venerable Shaolin master Bai Yu-Feng白玉峰祖師 (aka Qiu Yue Chan Shi 秋月禪師) lay Shaolin wushu lineage to the next generation. Shifu Woo was buried Saturday, Feburary 13th at Cypress Hills Cemetery in Brooklyn, New York.

上一代最後的少林俗家武術大師仙逝了。
六十三裔少林俗家武術大師胡介民 (Woo Chai Meng) 師父於二零一零年二月九日,星期二,早上八時五十三分壽終於紐約布魯克林住家,享壽九十七歲。 師父生於浙江省奉化縣。 一九二七年,在中國上海河南少林會從師於六十二裔少林俗家武術大師簡金山師父學習少林武術。 胡師父成為最傑出的教練,並持續終生練習少林武術。胡師父於一九七一年在紐約開始收徒傳授少林武術,胡師父 有眾多弟子。 曾授結業教導證書予八位弟子 : 王慶鴻 (Charles Wong), 趙嘉偉 (Richard Chao),咬金 (Rik Zak),范文平(Walter Van), Antonio Rodriguez, Anthony Adamson, Anthony Bonilla 和 Angel Bonilla 以期望持有畢業證書的六十四裔少林俗家弟子將少林武術再繼續發揚光大。 胡師父安葬於紐約布魯克林的柏山墓園。

r.(shaolin)
02-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Hello r.,

You may want to check the number of disciples to receive graduation teaching certificates. There is one more, at least. I guess memory or politics can be selective.

mickey
Hi Mickey,
Who is it?
r.

GeneChing
02-22-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm sorry I never had the pleasure of meeting him.

NorthernShaolin
02-22-2010, 03:53 PM
r.

It is always sad to learn that another old Dragon has passed away. My condolence to his family and to his disciples. His knowledge and his life will continue to live through his lineage.

r.(shaolin)
02-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi Mickey,

That's right Antonio Rodriguez has a teaching certificate signed by Shifu, that's why I listed him. If there are other people with signed teaching certificates let me know and I'll update the obituary. My email is: zakr@telusplanet.net. There is a biographical article being done for one of the Chinese papers and I will be including names of all his long time students.
cheers,
rik zak

chusauli
02-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Master Woo was a great legend in NYC.

RIP.

Please don't squabble over certificates. That is basically baloney. Your skills are the real thing and the life lessons you learned from Master Woo.

r.(shaolin)
02-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Please note Shifu Woo's obituary has been update - with two graduates holding teaching certificates added.

Thank you for the kind words NorthernShaolin, and Gene.

Rik Zak

r.(shaolin)
02-26-2010, 04:38 AM
Master Woo was a great legend in NYC.

RIP.

Thank you Robert Chu.