PDA

View Full Version : getting offended and your martial art

uki
02-25-2010, 11:07 AM
as usual, people are attempting to justify locking of threads or banning of individuals based on the concept of them being "offended" by so and so's remarks, yet is this not a sign of weakness and lack of willpower?? by taking things personally, are you revealing that you accept strikes unconsciously?? is this a manifestation of a weak spirit?? are there parallels between ones state of mind and ones martial art?? please discuss... without offending anyone of course.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :p

sanjuro_ronin
02-25-2010, 11:08 AM
as usual, people are attempting to justify locking of threads or banning of individuals based on the concept of them being "offended" by so and so's remarks, yet is this not a sign of weakness and lack of willpower?? by taking things personally, are you revealing that you accept strikes unconsciously?? is this a manifestation of a weak spirit?? are there parallels between ones state of mind and ones martial art?? please discuss... without offending anyone of course.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :p

AH, **** you and your MA !!!
:p

uki
02-25-2010, 11:09 AM
AH, **** you and your MA !!!as usual again, that's about the most intelligent rebuke anyone can possibly say to me. :)

TAO YIN
02-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Uki, that is the biggest crock of donkey smegma I have ever heard in my life, and you are a flaming retard. I know you took the short bus to school! :eek:

"There will never be another Hardwork108"

sanjuro_ronin
02-25-2010, 11:14 AM
as usual again, that's about the most intelligent rebuke anyone can possibly say to me. :)

I just wanted to make sure you understood that MA = Martial Art and NOT mother.

Drake
02-25-2010, 11:19 AM
If you have nothing to be offended over, you probably lack the ability to emotionally invest in anything significant in your life. As far as I'm concerned, inability to have any emotional response to anything is usually a sign of a mental issue. Not flaming, but I'm just saying... it really is. Not making this up.

I usually get offended over remarks about soldiers, and it's hard to really grasp this unless you've actually BTDT, and have lost people you knew. It's not like the guy in your office getting into a car wreck. It's a different bond, and there's usually a strong emotional attachment. It's even worse as an officer, because these soldiers, these 17-21 year old privates, they are under your care. If anything happens to them, of course you will feel, at least to some degree, that it is somehow your fault.

I mean, you can insult me personally all you like. I know what I've done, and I know my accomplishments. I do think it's funny when people call me right wing, though, as I have supported both Clinton and Obama, and have repeatedly noted that the GOP really has nothing to offer right now. All because I agree with 1Bad about a few things... heh.

uki
02-25-2010, 11:19 AM
I just wanted to make sure you understood that MA = Martial Art and NOT mother.it wouldn't be my mom that tore your face off - you can be sure of that. :)

TAO YIN
02-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I don't know Drake, I would think more along the lines that getting emotional over an internet forum would maybe show mental problems??? I would bet that almost noone here would say the shiit that they say here in reality, unless it was jokingly...People just aren't usually like that...Come on, we are simply typing. People have filters in public.

Practically, there's about 3 reasons to fight, and internet forums isn't one of them.

uki
02-25-2010, 11:26 AM
If you have nothing to be offended over, you probably lack the ability to emotionally invest in anything significant in your life. As far as I'm concerned, inability to have any emotional response to anything is usually a sign of a mental issue. Not flaming, but I'm just saying... it really is. Not making this up.hmmm... i'd like to agree, but i find my life highly rewarding being a father and having ho-hum monotony.

I usually get offended over remarks about soldiers, and it's hard to really grasp this unless you've actually BTDT, and have lost people you knew. It's not like the guy in your office getting into a car wreck. It's a different bond, and there's usually a strong emotional attachment. It's even worse as an officer, because these soldiers, these 17-21 year old privates, they are under your care. If anything happens to them, of course you will feel, at least to some degree, that it is somehow your fault.all i can say is my country passed up the potential for a very good soldier... not to flame or anything, but my country straight up told me i wasn't good enough because i lacked good hearing ability... LOL... that's the best thing the military could have done to me - by telling me i failed, they inspired me to succeed.

I mean, you can insult me personally all you like. I know what I've done, and I know my accomplishments.and that's the meat of the matter now isn't it. :)

sanjuro_ronin
02-25-2010, 11:27 AM
it wouldn't be my mom that tore your face off - you can be sure of that. :)

Chuck Norris laughs at your feeble attempts !!

uki
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
I would bet that almost noone here would say the shiit that they say here in reality, unless it was jokingly...People just aren't usually like that...Come on, we are simply typing. People have filters in public.just don't forget about the differentials. :D

uki
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Chuck Norris laughs at your feeble attempts !!chuck norris laughed at your mom. :p

Drake
02-25-2010, 11:30 AM
hmmm... i'd like to agree, but i find my life highly rewarding being a father and having ho-hum monotony.
all i can say is my country passed up the potential for a very good soldier... not to flame or anything, but my country straight up told me i wasn't good enough because i lacked good hearing ability... LOL... that's the best thing the military could have done to me - by telling me i failed, they inspired me to succeed.
and that's the meat of the matter now isn't it. :)

Point is, I'd never say anything about your daughter except to wish you the best. That would be crossing the line, IMO

Dale Dugas
02-25-2010, 11:32 AM
I think it comes back to many people think it is okay to say things on the net that they would NEVER say to another person face to face as that person would either:

a. hit them

b. shoot or stab them

c. kill them outright for the extreme malice found in said comments.

Sad, that more than half the fools who spout off will never step up and show that they actually know what they are talking about.

Oh well, if you want to come forward and be known, great! if not, good luck with being a net ghost for whatever pleasure it gives you.

uki
02-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Point is, I'd never say anything about your daughter except to wish you the best. That would be crossing the line, IMObut see, i take it all in stride... a few years ago i might go ballistic, but they just words man... LOL... they only matter if you let them matter.

sanjuro_ronin
02-25-2010, 11:33 AM
chuck norris laughed at your mom. :p

Fool !
Chuck Norris is my MOM !!
He is everyone's mom and dad.
Chuck is all and in all !!

Pork Chop
02-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I don't know Drake, I would think more along the lines that getting emotional over an internet forum would maybe show mental problems???

while your argument about not getting angry at people who use strong language & hide behind the anonymity of a screen name [EDIT: forgot to add the phrase "makes sense]; it's counter-intuitive.
reminding yourself not to get angry is a learned response; it's not really a natural response.

there have been a lot of studies about people getting upset over electronic communication, not only due to people hiding behind anonymity, but also due to the lack of nonverbal cues and the difficulty in conveying non-literal forms of communication such as sarcasm.

the rate of incidence is high enough among otherwise "normal" individuals as to rule out the likelihood of it being a mental problem.

uki
02-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I think it comes back to many people think it is okay to say things on the net that they would NEVER say to another person face to face as that person would either:

a. hit them

b. shoot or stab them

c. kill them outright for the extreme malice found in said comments.

Sad, that more than half the fools who spout off will never step up and show that they actually know what they are talking about.

Oh well, if you want to come forward and be known, great! if not, good luck with being a net ghost for whatever pleasure it gives you.LOL... i was a ghost once...

uki
02-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Chuck is all and in all !!i might have to agree soley because i have red hair and freckles too...

sanjuro_ronin
02-25-2010, 11:36 AM
while your argument about not getting angry at people who use strong language & hide behind the anonymity of a screen name; it's counter-intuitive.
reminding yourself not to get angry is a learned response; it's not really a natural response.

there have been a lot of studies about people getting upset over electronic communication, not only due to people hiding behind anonymity, but also due to the lack of nonverbal cues and the difficulty in conveying non-literal forms of communication such as sarcasm.

the rate of incidence is high enough among otherwise "normal" individuals as to rule out the likelihood of it being a mental problem.

The only time a person doesn't get upset when something negative is said about them or their MA or their experience is when they don't care and if they don't care, WTF are they doing on a MA forum ??
Seriously?

sanjuro_ronin
02-25-2010, 11:37 AM
i might have to agree soley because i have red hair and freckles too...

I guess that makes us Brothers, which means you're the redheaded stepchild !!
:D

Drake
02-25-2010, 11:38 AM
I don't know Drake, I would think more along the lines that getting emotional over an internet forum would maybe show mental problems??? I would bet that almost noone here would say the shiit that they say here in reality, unless it was jokingly...People just aren't usually like that...Come on, we are simply typing. People have filters in public.

Practically, there's about 3 reasons to fight, and internet forums isn't one of them.

Not really. It's still a person communicating disrespect over people, living and dead, who, regardless of your political affiliation, serve their country.

Dale Dugas
02-25-2010, 11:38 AM
LOL... i was a ghost once...

You were once a ghost brother. But then you decided to come be known.

I thank you for that.

kfson
02-25-2010, 11:39 AM
DIRTY DOZEN

Marvin Acme: "I owe you an apology, Colonel. I always thought that you were a cold, unimaginative, tight lipped officer. But you're really ... quite emotional. Aren't you?"

TAO YIN
02-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Pork Chop,

I agree, the times they are a changing, but then again getting on an internet forum isn't a natural response, nor reading, or writing.

Very few would say what they say in reality, depending on environment. And very few would outright kill or whatever for saying something bad.

If people get on internet forums and get angry at others, then they have issues. But, people who talk shiit on internet forums have even bigger issues.

Then again, I think that society post 1800, has been nothing but one great big gigantic mental problem.

TAO YIN
02-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Drake,

Do you get angry about people disrespecting Genghis Khan?

uki
02-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Do you get angry about people disrespecting Genghis Khan?i recently discovered that my children have mongol blood in them thru their mothers side of the family.

Dale Dugas
02-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Pork Chop,

I agree, the times they are a changing, but then again getting on an internet forum isn't a natural response, nor reading, or writing.

Very few would say what they say in reality, depending on environment. And very few would outright kill or whatever for saying something bad.

If people get on internet forums and get angry at others, then they have issues. But, people who talk shiit on internet forums have even bigger issues.

Then again, I think that society post 1800, has been nothing but one great big gigantic mental problem.

I have to disagree.

If some yahoo said he was going to kill me or my wife and said that to my face. I would have to give him a small reeducation on the realities of saying such things to people.

It is called preemptive self defense in most states. I am not going to take such threats lightly. Nor should anyone. It is not acceptable to say certain things to people, and telling anyone you are going to kill them or some member of their member is UNACCEPTABLE.

kfson
02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
i recently discovered that my children have mongol blood in them thru their mothers side of the family.

I'm sorry uki. Love them anyway.

TAO YIN
02-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Dale,

Okay, that is understood. That falls in the 3 reasons to fight. That is why most people I know have carry permits.

But, most yahoos don't just do that out of the blue though...again, depending on where you are at.

uki
02-25-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm sorry uki. Love them anyway.LMAO!!! i'll tell them to spare your village. :p

uki
02-25-2010, 11:55 AM
i view the whole internet as a way of defusing a situation before it happens... it's easier to see where we all stand and where we are coming from via the internet - in person there would be hesitance and trust issues and what-not, yet with the internet, you can boldly transcend the process and get to the core of the individual in record time without having to have years of prior friendship. :)

TAO YIN
02-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Sanjuro,

I just have to disagree, I can't help it. If someone disses my style or my experiences, and I take offense to it, then I wasn't convinced of my style or my experiences in the first place. If I get that ****ed about it, I must have some thought in the back of my mind that something with what I am doing is wrong...Especially on a forum...

Drake
02-25-2010, 11:58 AM
but see, i take it all in stride... a few years ago i might go ballistic, but they just words man... LOL... they only matter if you let them matter.

True, they are just words, but I'm more concerned about the intent behind them. And using that concept, isn't my response merely words as well? I'm not going to come to their house, and I'm not going to e-challenge them, as we've seen here in the past. However, to not respond at all would indicate an indifference which really isn't a good thing.

So, I'd say there is a line. Sure, responses on the internet are appropriate. When someone actually starts considering a physical vendetta against the offendee, then the person is overreacting.

Dale Dugas
02-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Dale,

Okay, that is understood. That falls in the 3 reasons to fight. That is why most people I know have carry permits.

But, most yahoos don't just do that out of the blue though...again, depending on where you are at.

I agree.

Though there are more and more people who think its okay to say such things do to the dumb numbing of certain behavior seen on the net.

kfson
02-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Sanjuro,

If someone disses my style or my experiences, and I take offense to it...

Why?

_________

Dale Dugas
02-25-2010, 12:02 PM
it is strange that there are all these mouth boxers who will bad mouth people left and right and never step up and show videos or come visit to show you that they can walk the walk and talk the talk.

If you open your piehole and badmouth someone does not know what they are doing, then you should be able to demonstrate it. If not then you are just talking out your a s s.

kfson
02-25-2010, 12:02 PM
I think your martial art has not taught you well if you are easily offended.

E-G-O

__

Drake
02-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Drake,

I wasn't in a war zone with Genghis Khan, nor did I learn that he was hit by an IED and bled out a week after talking to him. I've never spent the night freezing, cracking jokes with him to pass the time, nor did I keep him company when he missed his wife in the 9th month of our deployment. I didn't lay in a flooded hasty position with him, joking about how we were getting "trench everything", nor did I see his face after walking for miles with a 40lb machine gun strapped around his shoulders.

So no... I don't.

uki
02-25-2010, 12:09 PM
i think people can use offensivness in order to teach lessons... i personally view using words to draw out reactions on the internet(and in person), as a way of progressing socialization skills... i work in the masonry trade, you can't be thinned skinned, you can't take things personally or you won't last. simple as that... i guess it rubs off on the forums here. :D

Drake
02-25-2010, 12:12 PM
i think people can use offensivness in order to teach lessons... i personally view using words to draw out reactions on the internet(and in person), as a way of progressing socialization skills... i work in the masonry trade, you can't be thinned skinned, you can't take things personally or you won't last. simple as that... i guess it rubs off on the forums here. :D

I'm pretty thick skinned. I'm in an infantry unit right now, and if you have any degree of ego, it'll be destroyed the first time a major destroys you in front of everyone.

kfson
02-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Are people here offended when an older brother with better skills takes them to the mat.

What's the relationship?

Dale Dugas
02-25-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm pretty thick skinned. I'm in an infantry unit right now, and if you have any degree of ego, it'll be destroyed the first time a major destroys you in front of everyone.

Drake,

Let me say Thank You for what you are doing.

It is appreciated, brother.

kfson
02-25-2010, 12:14 PM

If you are thick skinned, what's the discussion about?

TAO YIN
02-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Kfson,

I don't need validation because I trust myself, and I test myself to make sure that I can trust myself.

Drake,

People talking about soldiers in general is different than them talking about your loved ones, friends, people you fought with, etc. Loved ones falls into those 3 categories.

But, people talking in general about soldiers from the last fifty years, isn't really any different than talking about soldiers from eons ago, in the big scheme of things. Me talking about firefighters who died isn't any different now, to then either. The only difference is me putting my emotion into it because of whatever reason it relates to me. Who am I to think that I am so important???

Drake
02-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Are people here offended when an older brother with better skills takes them to the mat.

What's the relationship?

Man, I love being pwned, personally. I learn more from it than beating someone. It also rejuvenates my interest, because I'm thinking "How in the (expletive) did he do that?!" And I want to learn it as well.

It's also interesting to lose from a different style. It really broadens your horizons.

SPJ
02-25-2010, 12:17 PM
usually, people would support each other

I support you. You support me. I scratch your back. You scratch mine. since we are all in the jobs of promoting MA (not mom) in one way or another.

--

but in the heat of a discussion. we may have different or even opposing views. but we leave at there.

--

time moves on. so the topic of the day moves on.

holding a grudge is not healthy.

the cup that is holding acid may burn itself more than any one else.

--

no acrimony. just laugh is away as if the wind blows the dusts away--

--

Drake
02-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Drake,

Let me say Thank You for what you are doing.

It is appreciated, brother.

Thanks, Sifu Dale. However, I think I'll be checking out of the Army in a couple of years. It's really taken its toll on me, and I'd like to leave in good health.

David Jamieson
02-25-2010, 12:18 PM
It is acceptable to return something for which you did not ask.
Regardless of the intention behind the giver.

When discussion becomes unproductive or spirals into insults and name calling, then those threads should be pruned and locked.

People who insist on being difficult should definitely be given a time out or banned depending on the quantity of nonsense they bring which only muddies the water.

There are those who take their own time outs and some who need a hand with it.

the threads should be pruned though instead of locked and closed.

take the junk out and keep teh relevant stuff...but that's work!

what moderator wants to work? lol:p

Drake
Kfson,

I don't need validation because I trust myself, and I test myself to make sure that I can trust myself.

Drake,

People talking about soldiers in general is different than them talking about your loved ones, friends, people you fought with, etc. Loved ones falls into those 3 categories.

But, people talking in general about soldiers from the last fifty years, isn't really any different than talking about soldiers from eons ago, in the big scheme of things. Me talking about firefighters who died isn't any different now, to then either. The only difference is me putting my emotion into it because of whatever reason it relates to me. Who am I to think that I am so important???

Again, like I said, I'm not expecting you to understand.

uki
I'm pretty thick skinned. I'm in an infantry unit right now, and if you have any degree of ego, it'll be destroyed the first time a major destroys you in front of everyone.that's what i am talking about... another previous co-worker of my boss once told me that working for blake(our boss), taught him how to to be more of a man than the marine corp did... i suppose not getting into the military was payed off by becoming experienced in the masonry trade for the last 8 years. my grandfather was a sea-bee, so i grew up with the value of proper work ethnic. :)

Dale Dugas
02-25-2010, 12:22 PM
I wanted to be a SEAL.

Unfortunately due to my being very ill at a young age I was unable to join up.

My old man was a gunny in the marines.

It has helped me be a better person to have these influences in my life.

Many assume that being a tattoed big bald guy who lived in Asia for years was in the military.

David Jamieson
02-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Well, there's always Freemasonry!

It will make good men better!

p.s seal training sucks it's 80% cold water immersion and harassment. :p

sanjuro_ronin
02-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Sanjuro,

I just have to disagree, I can't help it. If someone disses my style or my experiences, and I take offense to it, then I wasn't convinced of my style or my experiences in the first place. If I get that ****ed about it, I must have some thought in the back of my mind that something with what I am doing is wrong...Especially on a forum...

I think that the issue is how long someone has been on MA forums and WHY.
Some take it personally that there is still so much BS concerning MA and may view it as a "mission" or "goal" to make people understand the truth so that they don't get ****ed by unscrupulous *******s.
Much like the athiest trying to protect people from the ills of religion or the religiosu person trying to protect people from the athiest.

Forums should NOT be downplayed, many people get and look for, info to make decisions from forums and as such, forums members, if they care, have a duty to help and inform people.

Some care enough to NOT lead other be deceived.

David Jamieson
02-25-2010, 12:36 PM
I've been here...for as long as "here" has been here.

In the short time following my finding this wonderful soapbox from which to shout my beliefs about martial arts and the world and your mom's, a document quickly spread in regards to martial arts, swordsmanship in particular dated from the late 1500's by one George Silver.

The document quickly informs and reminds everyone that through all time there has been contention as to what is and what is not good martial arts training methods.

This cleared that up and opened the road to expectation for the continuation of insanity from some, common sense from others and occasional pearls of wisdom from fewer still.

Primarily, it is fetch wood, carry water that remains the constant.
There will always be a lot of snow to shovel before you get to the cabin.
If you are impatient and terse with others when they are not forthcoming with knowledge, then you don't deserve to have that knowledge imparted to you. It's theirs to give after all. You don't have a right to receive the knowledge even if you pay money. You'll get it when you're ready to get it. Period.

I think the whole sense of entitlement or the egotistical desire to be seen as someone who is more than what they portend to be are always going to be factors in teh personalities you meet in MA forums.

It's easy to tell who needs a minor tune up with the etiquette, who needs an little more info on a given style and who can actually articulate themselves somewhat and as well, it is easy to tell who is intentional being a jerk, when they're being jerky and those who have never learned any sort of extension of courtesy when they enter into a new community and simply want to establish themselves within the frame work of their own egoism.

ultimately, everyone brings a point of value to the table.

except hardwork108 who should be banned forthwith. he is a tard, a troll and of no use to anyone.

Thank you, that is all. :D

kfson
02-25-2010, 12:46 PM
i've been here...for as long as "here" has been here.

In the short time following my finding this wonderful soapbox from which to shout my beliefs about martial arts and the world and your mom's, a document quickly spread in regards to martial arts, swordsmanship in particular dated from the late 1500's by one george silver.

The document quickly informs and reminds everyone that through all time there has been contention as to what is and what is not good martial arts training methods.

This cleared that up and opened the road to expectation for the continuation of insanity from some, common sense from others and occasional pearls of wisdom from fewer still.

Primarily, it is fetch wood, carry water that remains the constant.
There will always be a lot of snow to shovel before you get to the cabin.
If you are impatient and terse with others when they are not forthcoming with knowledge, then you don't deserve to have that knowledge imparted to you. It's theirs to give after all. You don't have a right to receive the knowledge even if you pay money. You'll get it when you're ready to get it. Period.

I think the whole sense of entitlement or the egotistical desire to be seen as someone who is more than what they portend to be are always going to be factors in teh personalities you meet in ma forums.

It's easy to tell who needs a minor tune up with the etiquette, who needs an little more info on a given style and who can actually articulate themselves somewhat and as well, it is easy to tell who is intentional being a jerk, when they're being jerky and those who have never learned any sort of extension of courtesy when they enter into a new community and simply want to establish themselves within the frame work of their own egoism.

Ultimately, everyone brings a point of value to the table.

Except hardwork108 who should be banned forthwith. He is a tard, a troll and of no use to anyone.

Thank you, that is all. :d

you don't know what you're talking about!
(DANG, THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE CAPS, OH WELL)

TAO YIN
02-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Drake,

I do understand. Btdt.

Hardwork108
02-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Drake,

LOL! That was funny, intelligent and revealing, at the same time!

Bravo!

"There will never be another TAO YIN"

Hardwork108
02-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Sanjuro,

I believe that you have touched upon a fundamental truth to what has happened so far in this forum.

Every cross trainer and his grandmother here claim kung fu expertise. The minute one questions them and sticks to his guns, these MA-ists of "decades of experience" turn into little girls and start complaining incesently and demanding for him to be banned! LOL

TAO YIN
02-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Anyways,

So, is racism cool on kung fu forums? How does that work out? Never have seen that one here....:confused:

TAO YIN
02-25-2010, 01:26 PM
:confused:

How, in the living fuuck did you just turn this into an mma vs kf thread???

Hardwork108
02-25-2010, 01:29 PM
I have to disagree.

If some yahoo said he was going to kill me or my wife and said that to my face. I would have to give him a small reeducation on the realities of saying such things to people.

It is called preemptive self defense in most states. I am not going to take such threats lightly. Nor should anyone. It is not acceptable to say certain things to people, and telling anyone you are going to kill them or some member of their member is UNACCEPTABLE.

Has someone actually threatened your life here in the forums? Or were you talking about an hypothetical scenario?

sanjuro_ronin
02-25-2010, 01:34 PM
:confused:

How, in the living fuuck did you just turn this into an mma vs kf thread???

SOP, my friend, SOP.
Richard was beaten by a KB when he was younger, he then sought out AUTHENTIC TCMA (tm) and was beaten by a MMA.
So now he spends his time whining about the bad men that touched him in the private places and then dresses up as an ancient greek warror and lets other grown men touch him in those private places.
Then he comes here and tells everyone how they have no idea about the REAL AUTHENTIC TCMA (tm) and wishes he was being touched in those private places.

David Jamieson
02-25-2010, 01:51 PM
I believe that you have touched upon a fundamental truth to what has happened so far in this forum.

Every cross trainer and his grandmother here claim kung fu expertise. The minute one questions them and sticks to his guns, these MA-ists of "decades of experience" turn into little girls and start complaining incesently and demanding for him to be banned! LOL

I am now going to be an example of the subject of this thread. lol

jerkwad 108, you don't know a dang thing about traditional martial arts and you have no place saying anything to anyone about anything in that regard on that point alone.

you never learned anything and have never had a lesson with anyone of any measure of skill. So how is it that you can form an opinion of all these people who have trained with living treasures. That have put in their years?

I am one person who would like to see you banned, your alias accounts banned and you IP address blocked from here.

Ignoring you isn't enough because you seek to deliberately agitate someone and wind up getting your drivel reposted again and again and again.

Please ban this guy Gene.
thanks.
:)

goju
02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
The only time a person doesn't get upset when something negative is said about them or their MA or their experience is when they don't care and if they don't care, WTF are they doing on a MA forum ??
Seriously?

why would you care?

the minute you start taking **** on a forum seriously is the minute you need to seek professional help:D

goju
02-25-2010, 02:03 PM
it is strange that there are all these mouth boxers who will bad mouth people left and right and never step up and show videos or come visit to show you that they can walk the walk and talk the talk.

If you open your piehole and badmouth someone does not know what they are doing, then you should be able to demonstrate it. If not then you are just talking out your a s s.

at the same time it still doesnt mean much if you reveal yourself

the majority of us are spread out across north america or the globe in some cases so saying your name and posting your photo isnt going to do much

how many gong sau challenges have there been on here even between guys who revealed their names and locations? they still never met up either

im david o'casey. so what theres 1000's of other guys with my name out there hell i found another one living in the same neighbourhood as me lol

David Jamieson
02-25-2010, 02:03 PM
if i understood this right then why would you care?

the minute you start taking **** on a forum seriously is the minute you need to seek professional help:D

au contrere mon frere.

forums are ok to have arguments on. BUt they are communities.
A community filled with *******s is not a community anyone really wants to be a part of unless they are masochists.

when you have one bad apple, they can really spoil the feel and turn a lot of people off from contributing.

there's been a few examples over the years of individuals like that here. Some of you know them. Our latest is hw108 who can't seem to hold a conversation and instead turns threads into burning piles of nonsense because she doesn't care.

When you are in a community of people seeking information or like mindedness and you find his ilk spoiling the broth, it turns you off and you turn away.

hw108 is offensive, racist and frankly hasn't contributed anything but ill will towards almost every thread and person he enters into a thread with. Just read his garbage.

If I want to go to a forum and dump and not care about the content I'll hang at 4 chan thanks. lol

This is a community, it's online sure, but it's still a community. Malcontents are not what makes it interesting.

Hardwork108
02-25-2010, 02:05 PM
I am now going to be an example of the subject of this thread. lol

jerkwad 108, you don't know a dang thing about traditional martial arts and you have no place saying anything to anyone about anything in that regard on that point alone.

you never learned anything and have never had a lesson with anyone of any measure of skill. So how is it that you can form an opinion of all these people who have trained with living treasures. That have put in their years?

I am one person who would like to see you banned, your alias accounts banned and you IP address blocked from here.

Ignoring you isn't enough because you seek to deliberately agitate someone and wind up getting your drivel reposted again and again and again.

Please ban this guy Gene.
thanks.

Take it easy little girl.

This thread is about people like you David. Try and see the wisdom behind why Uki started this.

Hardwork108
02-25-2010, 02:07 PM
au contrere mon frere.

A community filled with *******s is not a community anyone really wants to be a part of unless they are masochists.

when you have one bad apple, they can really spoil the feel and turn a lot of people off from contributing.

there's been a few examples over the years of individuals like that here. Some of you know them. Our latest is hw108 who can't seem to hold a conversation and instead turns threads into burning piles of nonsense because she doesn't care.

When you are in a community of people seeking information or like mindedness and you find his ilk spoiling the broth, it turns you off and you turn away.

hw108 is offensive, racist and frankly hasn't contributed anything but ill will towards almost every thread and person he enters into a thread with. Just read his garbage.

If I want to go to a forum and dump and not care about the content I'll hang at 4 chan thanks. lol

This is a community, it's online sure, but it's still a community. Malcontents are not what makes it interesting.

By the way, why do you keep falsely calling me a racist? :confused:

Please use evidence if you dare to answer!

Hardwork108
02-25-2010, 02:09 PM
why would you care?

Spoken like a true scholar who sees the bigger picture.:)

David Jamieson
02-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Take it easy little girl.

This thread is about people like you David. Try and see the wisdom behind why Uki started this.

Go away please, you are not wanted here. I think that has been said to you too many times already. You would likely enjoy it more somewhere else where they live in fantasies and what not.

You are only here to insult us and create bad intention. You should leave or be banned, have your aliases banned and you IP blocked from accessing the site.

I didn't really care about you before, but over time, you have revealed yourself to be a real detriment to this forum.

Please go away and don't come back. Take your game with you and return with a better attitude or it just will get worse for all of us. You are deteriorating the spirit of this forum and you don't belong here.

go away.

sanjuro_ronin
02-25-2010, 02:10 PM
why would you care?

Why are you here Bro?
Don't make a joke or make light of it, tell me the truth, why are YOU here?

goju
02-25-2010, 02:10 PM
au contrere mon frere.

well as far as hard work goes i havent read any of his stuff or the arguements between you guys and him and honestly im not going to sit there reading those long ass arguements that go for pages on end lol

but if a poster feels another is a problem then just ignore them and i dont mean use the ignore feature just actually dont read their posts

its not hard to do

Hardwork108
02-25-2010, 02:14 PM
well as far as hard work goes i havent read any of his stuff or the arguements between you guys and him and honestly im not going to sit there reading those long ass arguements that go for pages on end lol

but if a poster feels another is a problem then just ignore them and i dont mean use the ignore feature just actually dont read their posts

its not hard to do

Now, that you have dared to talk logic, they are going to call you a Nazi and demand that you be banned......

goju
02-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Why are you here Bro?
Don't make a joke or make light of it, tell me the truth, why are YOU here?

i have read the magazine for quite a few years and i just stumbled onto the forum when i was looking for an article from a past issue through a google search

im not really here for any particular reason ive just stood on this forum because ive found it to me much more mellow than sherdog or bullshido

in other words this forum isnt populated with a bunch of 16 year old mma fans calling each other ***s lol

David Jamieson
02-25-2010, 02:16 PM

its not hard to do

post something about your art.

seek discussion about it.

wait for hw108 to come along and deconstruct the whole dang thing til it spirals into a meaningless piece of nonsense.

This is what he does, it's his M.O so to speak. I don't think you understand this community too much, but then, neither of you have been here that long.

You are civil, even in your arguments and retorts. This is what communication is.

What hw108 brings to the table is not that. He leave a path of ill will and destroys perfectly good conversations.

he should be banned, his aliases banned and his IP address blocked from the server.

frankly, he's lucky I'm not ~G or it would've been done and I wouldn't be typing this right now. :)

My for instance was in posting two completely relevant to kungfu practice threads that were turned into mockery by hw108.

that's crap man.

take a look through a few more threads in here and you'll find that he does it oevr and over again and seeks to not discuss but to bring discord.

Is Kungfu magazines forum about discord? Because Kungfu magazine is failing in this forum by allowing these behaviours to go on this long.

sanjuro_ronin
02-25-2010, 02:22 PM
i have read the magazine for quite a few years and i just stumbled onto the forum when i was looking for an article from a past issue through a google search

im not really here for any particular reason ive just stood on this forum because ive found it to me much more mellow than sherdog or bullshido

in other words this forum isnt populated with a bunch of 16 year old mma fans calling each other ***s lol

We endevour to keep this forum to standard that is relatively high.
I was an admin at Bullshido, but that was way back when and it was more "aggressive" then than it is now.
MMA is a reality of the world we live in today, and Kung fu is THE original MMA.
As such, there is a place here for MMA fans and such.
What we try to NOT be a place for is fantasy larper and roleplayers.
You are young and inexpereienced, you would do well to listen to those that have been there and done that.
Realize that your views, as you have them now, we ALL had them when we were young and inexperienced too.

Don't make light of those of us that have lived, and bleed for the MA before you were even born.If we/they choose to take these forum more seriously that you, there may be a good reason for that.

goju
02-25-2010, 02:23 PM
post something about your art.

seek discussion about it.

wait for hw108 to come along and deconstruct the whole dang thing til it spirals into a meaningless piece of nonsense.

This is what he does, it's his M.O so to speak. I don't think you understand community too much, but then, neither of you have been here that long.

You are civil, even in your arguments and retorts. This is what communication is.

What hw108 brings to the table is not that. He leave a path of ill will and destroys perfectly good conversations.

he should be banned, his aliases banned and his IP address blocked from the server.

frankly, he's lucky I'm not ~G or it would've been done and I wouldn't be typing this right now. :)

My for instance was in posting two completely relevant to kungfu practice threads that were turned into mockery by hw108.

that's crap man.

take a look through a few more threads in here and you'll find that he does it oevr and over again and seeks to not discuss but to bring discord.

Is Kungfu magazines forum about discord? Because Kungfu magazine is failing in this forum by allowing these behaviours to go on this long.

yeah i think knifefighter and terrence are two crack pots who share the same brain stem too but you know what? for the most part i just ignore them and occasionally pop in and out to tease them

as i said i havent read the posts between you guys and him for the most part but some times it is on threads im interested in reading but i just skip over it and move on to the posts that are good

its not an inconvenience for me to scroll past a few posts

goju
02-25-2010, 02:31 PM
We endevour to keep this forum to standard that is relatively high.
I was an admin at Bullshido, but that was way back when and it was more "aggressive" then than it is now.
MMA is a reality of the world we live in today, and Kung fu is THE original MMA.
As such, there is a place here for MMA fans and such.
What we try to NOT be a place for is fantasy larper and roleplayers.
You are young and inexpereienced, you would do well to listen to those that have been there and done that.
Realize that your views, as you have them now, we ALL had them when we were young and inexperienced too.

Don't make light of those of us that have lived, and bleed for the MA before you were even born.If we/they choose to take these forum more seriously that you, there may be a good reason for that.

im young but im not inexperienced im a **** good martial artists and im getting better as the years go by

but this is not the point.. the point is long drawn out arguments are pointless not just on forums but in the real world too

they solve nothing and just end up making you and me and everyone else look foolish

let anyone think what they want about you or anything for that matter youre not going to change their views so just let them be and save the time youd spend bickering on training or other hobbies:D

David Jamieson
02-25-2010, 02:41 PM
im young but im not inexperienced im a **** good martial artists and im getting better as the years go by

but this is not the point.. the point is long drawn out arguments are pointless not just on forums but in the real world too

they solve nothing and just end up making you and me and everyone else look foolish

let anyone think what they want about you or anything for that matter youre not going to change their views so just let them be and save the time youd spend bickering on training or other hobbies:D

conversation, discussion, argument and persuasion are the tools of communication and growth.

ManilaCrane
02-25-2010, 02:47 PM
i dont know about getting offended, but the only thing that ticks me off concerning martial arts is dat some people get ignorant to the point where they always assume that MMA can "beat the crap" out of tradition martial arts. I have nothin against MMA, but i just hate it when people are ignorant about it.

kfson
02-25-2010, 02:49 PM
conversation, discussion, argument and persuasion are the tools of communication and growth.

http://www.econ.ucsb.edu/~tedb/Journals/gavel.jpg

Dale Dugas
02-25-2010, 02:49 PM

Quoted For Truth: QFT

David Jamieson
02-25-2010, 02:57 PM
i dont know about getting offended, but the only thing that ticks me off concerning martial arts is dat some people get ignorant to the point where they always assume that MMA can "beat the crap" out of tradition martial arts. I have nothin against MMA, but i just hate it when people are ignorant about it.

yes, well there's heaping helpings of that sort of thing elsewhere.

Here, there are many of us who have tasted from both pots and found them both to our liking.

I've trained in traditional kungfu...that wasn't traditional kungfu at all but rather it was an exercise in futility.

I've trained in traditional Kungfu that was great too!
I still do. I also like anything that progresses martial arts methods and mma does that. So much of the old and new fit together.

But yes, anyone who says one is superior to another is indeed talking out there ass.

A person who is really really interested in knowing themselves through martial arts will explore the widest roads available and avoid small, narrow and dark paths.

Because when you emerge into the light, it is blinding! :)

goju
02-25-2010, 02:59 PM

theres a difference between conversastion and discussion and just out right silly pointless fighting

and as ive said whats the point? have any of you managed to make any of these guys see the light of change their way of thinking?

David Jamieson
02-25-2010, 03:04 PM
theres a difference between conversastion and discussion and just out right silly pointless fighting

and as ive said whats the point? have any of you managed to make any of these guys see the light of change their way of thinking?

I'm not trying to make anyone do anything.

People change through the exercise of conversation, discussion, argument and persuasion.

I've changed my attitude towards plenty by exercising those things.

If we exercise these, we will come to see "the light" of our own accord.

dimethylsea
02-25-2010, 03:15 PM
I think it's important to be aware of the repercussions of one's words in the long term.
For instance... someone who talks may be capable of backing up their words they may have gungfu relations or fellow students who haven't similar size or strength. People remember the things we say. And sometimes they write off a whole family because our words were incautious.

There is a reason martial artists are supposed to be polite. Only part of that reason is the whole "well you could be hit/stabbed/shot/killed for that!" rationale. The other is that I don't want my brothers and sisters to pay for my immoderate words.

Someone goes to a new area and starts a group. Unbeknownst to them years earlier one of their seniors insulted a long-timer in that area. Problems ensue. It's way better to just be a nice person to begin with I think.

Dale Dugas
02-25-2010, 03:34 PM
pure hypocrisy on your part, for all that has been said by you towards others.

wow......

TAO YIN
02-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Freak out this thread got big fast,

I like some of Hardwork108s responses. 10 years ago everyone on this forum was talking about their uber deadly Gung Fu, and immediately it turned to Gung Fu vs. MMA...

But for some reason, that dead horse has been beaten over and over and again for the last 10 years...

I realize that some of this is bound to happen. But it's just dumb. Prefacing any kind of comment or argument with anything relating to this MMA vs. Kung Fu thing, is just plain stupid to begin with.

I don't know Hardwork108. I don't wish to. It seems that he either told people here who he was, or he was researched and found out about. If it is the later, that is, entirely fuccked up.

This sounds hippy, but we should be trying to help each other train better and understand more here in the end of it all. One might argue that no matter the case, this happens anyways...But, come on. Sometimes are a heell of a lot better than others.

uki
02-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Someone goes to a new area and starts a group. Unbeknownst to them years earlier one of their seniors insulted a long-timer in that area. Problems ensue.solutions are discovered...

It's way better to just be a nice person to begin with I think.depends on the person, some people are not deserving of people being nice to them... some folks need a bag of bricks tossed in their face. :)

KC Elbows
02-25-2010, 05:04 PM
I don't get offended by this place or any other forum these days. The only useful way to use this forum, aside from humor, is to keep tabs of who knows and communicates useful stuff, and only read their stuff as long as that's what it's about, and not waste your time reading their stuff when they descend to spending all their time arguing with cranks and talking about how cool it was that they argued with cranks. If that becomes all the time, that's a shame, no point for anyone else to read it.

Only on the internet is it bragging rights to argue with crazy people. Do that on the street, and you're just another barking person.

A lot of people take the position that the measure of your worth of a member is based on what you post. My philosophy is that, if you don't know everything, you'll pick up more by listening than by talking. Probably the best members here hardly post at all but, gasp, read! The rest of us only forget this when our meds run low.

Northwind
02-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Hear and Hear ( oh and there too)

GeneChing
02-25-2010, 05:54 PM
From wtf? (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=994738) to this. :rolleyes:

Thanks uki. I'll remember this one. :p

uki
02-25-2010, 06:25 PM
From wtf? (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=994738) to this.

Thanks uki. I'll remember this one.it's a tiger/dragon thingy... ya know?? musing over this again... it seems we would all be off the wood element... you, me, and david... eh?? a little grove of trees - a small forest. :p

Hardwork108
02-25-2010, 06:41 PM
I like some of Hardwork108s responses.
Thank you, but don't blame me if you get accused of being a Nazi, pediophile, criminal and a tin hat wearer, etc, etc.. ;)

I realize that some of this is bound to happen. But it's just dumb. Prefacing any kind of comment or argument with anything relating to this MMA vs. Kung Fu thing, is just plain stupid to begin with.
I believe that it is also dumb when you can never discuss a TCMA methodolgoy in KUNG FU THREAD without some MMA-ist(s) coming in and recommending the wisdoms of BJJ, Muy Thai, etc. methodology.

I don't know Hardwork108. I don't wish to. It seems that he either told people here who he was, or he was researched and found out about. If it is the later, that is, entirely fuccked up.
That is TOTAL misinformation invented by our MMA community in this forum. Thiis type of slanderous info is constructed to fool posters such as yourself to "help" you form an opinion about posters who go against the MMA is Best doctrine!

NOBODY here knows me from Adam!!!!! If anyone here tells you otherwise, then ask for proof!!!!

In the years that I have been posting here, my posts have been "doctored" and quoted by the poster LKfmdc, as Nazi and Anti-semetic statements; stories were invented that I had been kicked out of my kung fu school (disowned by my sifu) by the same poster, together with "contributions" from our own Sanjuro ronin. And yes, there are others who don't like me here. Overall majority of them are MMA-ist and/or cross trainers.

Why all of this misinformation and slanderous behavior in regards my forum character, you may ask? Simple, because when I see them making clueless "contributions" in regards the TCMAs, I come hard on them and I am not diplomatic about it. They don't like it so they spread vile lies and mis-information about me.

History is repeating itself yet again, this time with the poster David Jamieson who is referring to me as a Nazi, pediophile etc.

This is the same poster who not so long ago "jumped" on the head of a new poster who was not even interacting with him. Why, you may ask????? Because, the poor man happened to have only a couple of posts to his name. So Mr David Jamieson goes at him with unnecessary harshness just to establish some imaginary forum superiority. The irony of this that the poster in question had actually made a good valid statement!

So this is the mindset we are dealing with in forums such as this. Personally, I would say that these guys need to get laid more often, but then that is a subject matter for another thread......

And the intention behind all the badmouthing and discrediting is the same as before. This stuff is meant to be read primarily by the newer posters so that they will be put off interacting with me and reading my take on the traditional approach so that they, the kung fu tagged MMA-ists can go on recommending their clueless MMA solutions for some of the real and serious TCMA problems we currently face.

I have taken time to explain this situation to you as best as I can.

If you have any doubts then try really catching one of these kung fu tagged MMA-ists out when they put their foot in it regarding any TCMA methodology and see if they admit they are wrong, if they don't then keep pushing.

The more you push and the more you show them to be pompous clueless hyporcrits then the more likely it will be that they will gang up on you and INVENT VILE STORIES ABOUT YOU, HOPING TO DEFAME YOUR FORUM CHARACTER WHILE PRAYING THAT YOU WILL DISAPPEAR, so that they can continue to sell themselves as kung fu experts and continue offering the MMA/Cross training solution to any TCMA problems that are brought up by other posters (including impressionable kung fu newbies)!

This sounds hippy, but we should be trying to help each other train better and understand more here in the end of it all. One might argue that no matter the case, this happens anyways...But, come on. Sometimes are a heell of a lot better than others.

I agree with you but it is difficult to be like that all the time when there a group of posters who consider themselves "elites" and not capable of learning from others. They are the usual MMA bunch, with apparently "decades of experience" who are here to only TEACH but never to learn!

YouKnowWho
02-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Sometime people think they can change other people's mind. The truth may be no matter how hard that you have tried, you will never be able to change that person's view. If we just share opinion here and not trying to change others, there will be less arguments and the world will be a much more peaceful place to live.

Sometime some of my conservative friends tried to convince me that the republic party is better than the democrat party. I told my republic friend that I'll never become a conservative republic as long as I'm still alive, so don't waste time and effort trying to change me.

GeneChing
02-25-2010, 06:54 PM
And I've had my P.O.V. changed by others too, even here on the forum.

That being said, there's some people that I don't bother with even trying to convince because I know it's a 'pearls before swine' sort of problem.

Dragon Tiger thingy indeed. I married a tigress. There's nothing like a dragon tiger marriage. ;)

uki
02-25-2010, 07:11 PM
ultimately it's about living your light and being true to yourself. :)

Hardwork108
02-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Actually, reading posts by people such as Chusauli and Vajramunti have given me other perspectives on Wing Chun as well as having re-enforced some of the stuff that I am familiar with.

Hendrik's posts also guide me towards the more internal side of Wing Chun training. There are a few others here as well who are a breath of fresh air as far as kung fu training is concerned. They know who they are.:)

dimethylsea
02-25-2010, 08:46 PM
pure hypocrisy on your part, for all that has been said by you towards others.

wow......

Dale,
It's not hypocrisy with respect to you. You insulted me, I've never had anything bad to say about your teacher. You tried to start trouble, I defused it, gave you some face, didn't continue the fight.

I've always been very complimentary of your teacher. I hope he retires with dignity and honor (as I've heard he plans to do in a few years) and that he is well and at peace.

He has never started trouble and it has reaped him rewards in terms of respect.

Let's both learn by his example shall we?

uki
02-26-2010, 02:25 AM
awwwwwwwww... i love big smelly group hugs!!! :p

sanjuro_ronin
02-26-2010, 07:02 AM
And yes, there are others who don't like me here

See, this is where you are wrong, no one here dislikes you, no one knows you.
Some may dislike the BS you try to peddle and dislike how disillusional you are and dislike how you keep trying to peddle "authentic TCMA" and how you have no clue of authentic TCMA, but no one dislikes you at all.

You made bogus claims and you were called on them, you failed to produce any proof and NO, I am not going to go over all that agian, if anyone cares enough they can search for it themselves.

No one dislikes you because most here just feel sorry for you.

Many do, however, dislike your lack of common understanding and your obvious inability to grasp anything outside your brainwashed reality.

But that makes you all the more pitiful.

In short, we love you man, everyone just things you're a **** !

David Jamieson
02-26-2010, 07:09 AM
well seeing as he won't be gotten rid of, i got rid of him with the ignore feature.

I'll just wade through it I suppose. lol

yay ignore feature!

Hardwork108
02-26-2010, 07:25 AM
See, this is where you are wrong, no one here dislikes you, no one knows you.
IMHO, most people here do not even know themselves....;)

Some may dislike the BS you try to peddle
Can you enlighten us on the so called BS I am supposed to be peddling?

and dislike how disillusional you are
Please explain!

and dislike how you keep trying to peddle "authentic TCMA"
No one "peddles" authentic TCMAs. You either study them or you don't. You will know what I mean if you decide to finally to dedicate yourself to studying them.;)

[
and how you have no clue of authentic TCMA,
That statement is very ironic, coming sanjuro "foot in the mouth" ronin.

You really have no idea do you?

but no one dislikes you at all.
They do and they are mainly MMA-ists and cross trainers who "do kung fu, too"...LOL

You made bogus claims and you were called on them, you failed to produce any proof
MORE LIES!
Your sore butt is glowing and I can see it from where I am sitting. LOL

and NO, I am not going to go over all that agian, if anyone cares enough they can search for it themselves.
You are a liar!

By the way, if you are referring to the fact that my sifu had fought challenges in the past then what I say still stands. You really don't know how the TCMAs function do you?

Anyway, if you had any doubts then you should have asked the man when he was sitting infront of you!!!

No one dislikes you because most here just feel sorry for you.
Most here who dislike me are MMAis/ cross trainers who are here to peddle that approach to everyone and their grandmothers. They have some passing knowledge of the TCMAs but they are clueless, just like you, when the conversations become more detailed and touch upon the lesser known aspects of TCMA training.

The funny thing is that you people never walk away from any such discussion with more knowledge than you came in with because you refuse to empty your BJJ and MT cups......So actually it me who pities you.

Many do, however, dislike your lack of common understanding and your obvious inability to grasp anything outside your brainwashed reality.
The "brainwashed"reality is all yours. You just do not have any meaningful idea of TCMAs....they are just something that you have crossed trained in along with more than a dozen other arts......

But that makes you all the more pitiful.
The above statement shows that your butt is still sore from being shown to be clueless when you have in the past participated in TCMA discussions that were above your head....my advice is that you should stick to BJJ and Tae Kwon Do discussions and limit your TCMA participations to asking polite questions about given methodologies. That way, you won't come off looking like a total clueless idiot and hence will not have a sore butt. ;)

In short, we love you man, everyone just things you're a **** !
I "love" you too.........

sanjuro_ronin
02-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Richard (HW8), you REALLY need to stop focussing on my butt, dude...seriously.

well seeing as he won't be gotten rid of, i got rid of him with the ignore feature.

I'll just wade through it I suppose. lol

yay ignore feature!
I gave up that option when I became a Moderator.
The prices we pay...

SPJ
02-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Confuscious once said

there is no contest for gentlements

maybe only on shooting arrows.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/SPJ/image001-1.jpg

I mean just do your stuff.

no need to get offended by others comment.

:cool:

Hardwork108
02-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Confuscious once said

Now, that is a good post, and the picture ain't bad either.:)

HW108

PS. By the way, if any of the "progressive" MMA/cross training lot are reading this and are confused, let me just say that Confuscious was a Chinese philosopher and he is in no way related to Ken Shamrock or the Gracies....

David Jamieson
02-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Apathy: Ruining communities since time immemorial.

If you have nothing invested in communication here, why bother coming?

Seriously people, if you don't care, why are you here?

goju
02-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Apathy: Ruining communities since time immemorial.

If you have nothing invested in communication here, why bother coming?

Seriously people, if you don't care, why are you here?

many people are here simply during a slow work load at their jobs or they glance at the board when they have a bit of free time

to put it simply they are bored and they come here to kill a little bit of time

sanjuro_ronin
02-26-2010, 10:00 AM
many people are here simply during a slow work load at their jobs or they glance at the board when they have a bit of free time

to put it simply they are bored and they come here to kill a little bit of time

You care so little about MA, eh?
That's cool, just don't be part of the problem then.

sanjuro_ronin
02-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Goju, if you care so little or are so indifferent, why the "meet up" with that shaolin-do guy?

goju
02-26-2010, 10:10 AM
You care so little about MA, eh?
That's cool, just don't be part of the problem then.

i only care about my art and what i do with it

what anyone else chooses to do is their own thing

why? well apparently quite a few high ranking SD guys were supposed to come down here to "kick my ass" for my view on sd but for all the posturing the only guy who came to visit was a nice gentleman who didnt have a bad thing to say about me

we had a friendly sparring match and we shook hands and left after it was done

i dont see the meet up with him as anything really ive said before if anyone on this board is in my area and wants to spar /meet up feel free to let me know

SAAMAG
02-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Confuscious once said

Man...did I enter this thread with perfect timing!!!! I think I'm going to take up Archery as a hobby.

sanjuro_ronin
02-26-2010, 10:25 AM
i only care about my art and what i do with it

what anyone else chooses to do is their own thing

why? well apparently quite a few high ranking SD guys were supposed to come down here to "kick my ass" for my view on sd but for all the posturing the only guy who came to visit was a nice gentleman who didnt have a bad thing to say about me

we had a friendly sparring match and we shook hands and left after it was done

i dont see the meet up with him as anything really ive said before if anyone on this board is in my area and wants to spar /meet up feel free to let me know
So you DO care, about your art AND about what others say about you on the net.

goju
02-26-2010, 10:33 AM
So you DO care, about your art AND about what others say about you on the net.

if that was the case i would be flying all over the us and canada for gong sau lol

i dont care i have no problem with what some one thinks of my abilities or skill i know im good and ive had professional mma coaches tell me im skilled as well so when some random poster who ive never met or know anything about questions my abilities i can assure you im hardly offended

and ive noticed when ive read through old threads that this forum has had alot of challenge matches between these type of posters who claim to be skilled and rag on others for their supposed lack of it

and not suprisingly they just stood on the same thread arguing for pages and never met up though they agreed too

sanjuro_ronin
02-26-2010, 10:54 AM
if that was the case i would be flying all over the us and canada for gong sau lol

i dont care i have no problem with what some one thinks of my abilities or skill i know im good and ive had professional mma coaches tell me im skilled as well so when some random poster who ive never met or know anything about questions my abilities i can assure you im hardly offended

and ive noticed when ive read through old threads that this forum has had alot of challenge matches between these type of posters who claim to be skilled and rag on others for their supposed lack of it

and not suprisingly they just stood on the same thread arguing for pages and never met up though they agreed too

There were a few meet-ups over the many MA forums, most were civil, some where not, all showed that people cared about their MA and to an erroneous extent at times, their reputation.
Something that the MA masters of old that so many admire, shared in common.

bawang
02-26-2010, 11:15 AM

most civilian martial arts was never taken seriously by the chinese military
sumting to think about

sanjuro_ronin
02-26-2010, 11:25 AM
most civilian martial arts was never taken seriously by the chinese military
sumting to think about

Anyone that has ever served and fought knows why.
Most civilian MA do NOT address the battlefield, why would they?

bawang
02-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Anyone that has ever served and fought knows why.
i never know what it is like and never will. its very easy for people to think war is cool. same with ancient china maybe
Most civilian MA do NOT address the battlefield, why would they?
because all martial art is supposed to adress the battlefield. civilian kung fu comes from the ming militia system for civilian self defence. it failed

for the elite army in fujian the heart of southern kung fu, general qijiguang trained them northern martial arts

jow yeroc
02-26-2010, 11:31 AM
If i may humbly add my .02, i guess for me it's all about how not only how i react to something but if i allow something (in this case something said/typed/implied) to cause a reaction.

I've never "gotten into it" with anyone here to a level that would warrant ruffled feathers or fisticuffs. At least not on my part. I'm here for exchanges of ideas, stories, and concepts with varied and diverse minds and pesonalities.

In any group there are antagonists, cynics, diffusers and confusers as well as helpful, mature, civil and pleasant folks. I'm just at a point in my life where i can't walk around offended or insulted by internet fu(kery. As far as all the flaming and insults and endless back and forth around here about some of the most trivial stuff..meh, it usually takes two to keep that going. And i think people just like to argue. So be it. Have at it. I may read, but i more than likely won't.

I'm a native NYer and when i moved to VA years ago, i used to get highly offended when i saw confederate flags. Once it did lead to fisticuffs, but that was in younger/dumber days. No matter how insulted or emotional i get, someone else will not be and it's a free country so fly whatever flag you want. Of course i had to condition myself to not be offended by educating myself about it and rising above the situation.

As far as gung fu, there has been some internal/political bs in my style for years. Heck, it was there before i came into the fold. But i would rather rise above the situation, be my own man and maybe a diplomat at the same time. If others harbor feelings or emotions, so be it. Now what? Maybe i'm naive (though i didn't make it to 41 being a dolt) or mistakenly seeming indifferent, which is worse than extreme hate or love, but bull**** talk by anonymous or semi-anonymous peeps about my style or skill level might earn them a gas face or a middle finger, but other than that...it is what it is.(sorry to use an already oversused cliche.

All in all, i try to glean useful info from here and maybe meet and network with other MA's. I used to frequent here alot but got tired of the 1bad65, fox and whoever else was keeping that crap going. Now i check in once or twice a week and only speak if i feel i can offer something. I just choose not to wade through the pages and pages of e-insults and mouth battles. Though every once in a while there is some funny **** said. Sorry to write so much.

Drake
02-26-2010, 11:35 AM
i never know what it is like and never will. its very easy for people to think war is cool. same with ancient china maybe
because all martial art is supposed to adress the battlefield. civilian kung fu comes from the ming militia system for civilian self defence. it failed

Multiple opponents, rapid disabling of opponents, team techniques, consideration of how multiple opponents may work together.

Army combatives is extremely abrupt and short. You never train to spend very much time on a single person.

bawang
02-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Multiple opponents, rapid disabling of opponents, team techniques, consideration of how multiple opponents may work together.

Army combatives is extremely abrupt and short. You never train to spend very much time on a single person.

yes this is what older northern kung fu focuses on. theres a lot of suicide techniques

newer southern kung fu is from civilians focused on one on one dueling. they did very well on lei tai but not the battlefield

sanjuro_ronin
02-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Ancient battlefield MA focused on:
Weapons
Group battle formations
Projectile weapons
Logistics
ETc, etc.
There was so little hand-to-hand in formalized training.

Fact is, in terms of hand-to-hand, civilan systems were "better" than military systems.
Case is the same today.

bawang
02-26-2010, 11:47 AM
the problem in ming dynasty civilian martial arts schools the focus was on the stick
empty hand training was very short and simple to prepare for weapon training, even in civilian kung fu.

karate is supposed to take the best techniques of southern kung fu but today kung fu people all say its slow or rigid or inferior. someting to tink aobut

sanjuro_ronin
02-26-2010, 11:52 AM
the problem in ming dynasty civilian martial arts schools the focus was on the stick
empty hand training was very short and simple to prepare for weapon training, even in civilian kung fu.

Doesn't matter that much, most MA progressed as their practioners trained and fought.
This progression never really stopped and is still going on.
Well..for some at least.

bawang
02-26-2010, 11:56 AM
all that evolution stuff is bs

boxer and wrestler friends were all telling me to change my wrong flat foot stance and how id get my ass kicked, then ufc fighters all start fighting with flat feet, or how people used to say in mma high flashy kicks gets you knocked out is useless, then comes crocop then they all change their tune. they got me running in a circle.

just do your own thing and dont listen to all that bullsh1t

goju
02-26-2010, 12:11 PM
There were a few meet-ups over the many MA forums, most were civil, some where not, all showed that people cared about their MA and to an erroneous extent at times, their reputation.

indeed the jfsusa incident in particular has made me a bit warry of individuals on forums now especially considering how far as you said some people are willing to defend their internet reputation

i am not one of those people however theres no way i would drive or fly countless miles just to put a s hit talker in their place because they attempted to besmirch my good name

not only can the sparing match get stupid but i dont feel like being arrested or sued over a childish forum war

its best to save the fighting for the ring if thats something you like to do

SAAMAG
02-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Gotta risk it if you want the biscuit!

kfson
02-26-2010, 12:20 PM
http://businessesgrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ignore1.jpg

Northwind
02-26-2010, 12:25 PM
just do your own thing and dont listen to all that bullsh1t

Simply worth quoting. Nice.

Pork Chop
02-26-2010, 10:03 PM
not volunteering to engage in a discussion/flame war with HW108 but i just gotta chuckle when certain people (including myself) are lumped together as "mma-ists... [with] some passing knowledge of tcma....clueless ...[about] lesser known aspects of TCMA training".

part of me wants to respond "well i/he/they was/were one of the inner circle of one of the most well-respected, hard core kung fu schools in America, so assuming i/he/they haven't seen what you're talking about is pretty ignorant on your part."

the other part of me wants to respond "well if i/we don't know you from adam, what makes you think you know me/him/us?".

the fact of the matter is that i was die-hard kung fu for over 13 years before finally admitting to myself what was and what wasn't working. Other folks from this board had DECADEs on me before coming to the same conclusion. Our accolades in both arts (yes, we actually reveal our identities) should be enough to show that we aren't clueless and our teachers' accolades in TCMA should be enough to show that they aren't clueless either.

in the end i/he/we picked something that worked better for what i/he/we wanted from martial arts. that's not being clueless, that's making an informed decision.

the rest of us are more than happy to post our real identities either publicly or privately; so if you really want to test our knowledge of "real tcma" in person, we're more than happy to oblige.

also want to add that it's even more funny/ironic to me that so many of you "traditional" guys have beef with lkfmdc. That guy's come on here and explicitly stated the theories/principles/faht from his tcma that he adheres to and how he applies them to sanshou/sanda. if that's not preserving tcma, then maybe it's not him/me/us that has the problem with understanding "the lesser known aspects of TCMA training".

lkfmdc
02-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Dear Pork Chop

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/legbamel/Dont_feed_the_troll.jpg

Have a good night ;)

TAO YIN
02-27-2010, 01:44 PM

While noticeably continuing to suck ourselves off...

"There will never be another Hardwork108!!!"

Hardwork108
02-27-2010, 02:35 PM
not volunteering to engage in a discussion/flame war with HW108 but i just gotta chuckle when certain people (including myself) are lumped together as "mma-ists...
I don't recall lumping you together with these MMA-ists.

[with] some passing knowledge of tcma....
Wether or not any MMA-ist has "passing" knowledge of TCMAs, usually comes out during discussions on a given aspect of kung fu....

clueless ...[about] lesser known aspects of TCMA training".
Again, I have come to that conclusion through discussions with the given kung fu tagged MMA-ists. Having said that, I don't believe that even genuine TCMA-ists will know every aspect of kung fu training, including and specially, the lesser known aspects. There are just too many methodologies and styles.

part of me wants to respond "well i/he/they was/were one of the inner circle of one of the most well-respected, hard core kung fu schools in America, so assuming i/he/they haven't seen what you're talking about is pretty ignorant on your part."
The world is full of "respected" kung fu schools........LOL

the other part of me wants to respond "well if i/we don't know you from adam, what makes you think you know me/him/us?"
I know people or more correctly their knowledge from their posts. I base my comments on what I read and don't go around calling people vile names such as "Nazi","fascists" and pediophiles, just out of the blue.

You must really question the motivations of people like David Jamieson and Dave Ross (in the past) for this type of slanderous behavior. That is, you must ask what are they so afraid of or nervous about? Just look at Lkfmdc's recent contribution on this very page....he feels nervous every time somebody here interacts with me and that feeling is very transparent!

the fact of the matter is that i was die-hard kung fu for over 13 years before finally admitting to myself what was and what wasn't working.
That is your individual experience and has to be respected. My experience is different to yours.....

Other folks from this board had DECADEs on me before coming to the same conclusion.
Yes, I am quite familiar with posters who have "decades" of experience here. The world is full of such people, as well.....

Our accolades in both arts (yes, we actually reveal our identities)
Revealing one's identity on the World Wide Web does not make any difference if one is not as knowledgable as he claims to be or if he is knowledgable to start with.

You must realize that some posters reveal their identities because they are here to market their schools or other products. Others, reveal their identities for ego purposes, so that they can "impress" us with their slab breaking on YouTube.....:rolleyes:

should be enough to show that we aren't clueless and our teachers' accolades in TCMA should be enough to show that they aren't clueless either.
Having a famous teacher does not automatically mean that the student is knowledgable. Many such teachers go through thousands of students through their teaching careers. That does not mean that any one can come here and claim authentic knowledge.

Furthermore, the world is full of famous teachers who are at best mediocre and in it just for the money. MAs, including the TCMAs are big business. Some of the well known "masters" who run some of the famous franchises are more businessmen than kung fu masters.....yet we get some of their students coming here and flaunting their names to "impress" the rest of us.

So, when I refer to someone as clueless I do so based on my opinion of what they write, not on what their real name is:rolleyes:, nor their teacher's name or "reputation"!

in the end i/he/we picked something that worked better for what i/he/we wanted from martial arts. that's not being clueless, that's making an informed decision.
If you have chosen the MMA and cross training path then good for you and there are forums and threads for those who have chosen this path.

the rest of us are more than happy to post our real identities either publicly or privately;
As I implied before, posting your real identities is not a reflection of you TCMA knowledge, however, what you post is.

so if you really want to test our knowledge of "real tcma" in person, we're more than happy to oblige.
I am sure you will be, but you are missing the point.

also want to add that it's even more funny/ironic to me that so many of you "traditional" guys have beef with lkfmdc. That guy's come on here and explicitly stated the theories/principles/faht from his tcma that he adheres to and how he applies them to sanshou/sanda.
And you BELIEVED him? LOL,LOL,LOL...

Dave Ross is business man but he is no kung fu master...LOL. He has a kung fu tagged kick boxing gym and he may attempt to use some kung fu principles to "decorate" what he teaches but the fact is, and everybody knows this, the minute you put on the gloves, accept the rules and enter the ring then most of the TCMA stuff goes out of the window. So, he can decorate what he teaches all he wants..

if that's not preserving tcma, then maybe it's not him/me/us that has the problem with understanding "the lesser known aspects of TCMA training".

The fact is that Sanshou/Sanda is much older than Dave Ross meaning that he did not invent it! Such competitions have been going on for decades as "sportified"versions of TCMAs.

IMHO, the authentic TCMA practices have to be preserved through genuine teachings of real masters and not through diluting them with Tae Kwon Do, BJJ and etc, nor relying solely on "kung fu" sports competitions.

David Jamieson
03-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Dear Pork Chop

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/legbamel/Dont_feed_the_troll.jpg

Have a good night ;)

too late, he fed the troll. lol

sanjuro_ronin
03-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Revealing one's identity on the World Wide Web does not make any difference if one is not as knowledgable as he claims to be or if he is knowledgable to start with.

Ah yes, the refuge of the trolls.

Pork Chop
03-01-2010, 09:59 AM

yeah, my bad guys

can't really have a discussion with someone who says (paraphrasing) nobody else's credentials count (with an implied "save mine"), nobody else's accomplishments count ("save mine"), nobody else is doing it right ("save me"), nobody else is trustworthy ("save me"), everybody else has an agenda ("save me"), and anyone who doesn't agree with me is wrong and doesn't know what they're talking about....

almost reminds me of rolls/ralek

Hardwork108
03-01-2010, 10:31 AM
yeah, my bad guys

can't really have a discussion with someone who says (paraphrasing) nobody else's credentials count (with an implied "save mine"), nobody else's accomplishments count ("save mine"), nobody else is doing it right ("save me"), nobody else is trustworthy ("save me"), everybody else has an agenda ("save me"), and anyone who doesn't agree with me is wrong and doesn't know what they're talking about....
I never said anything like that!

There are OTHERS here who have dedicated time and effort to TCMA practices and with good teachers. These are people who may have studied different TCMA methodologies to mine and with whom I do not always agree with but they ARE genuine TCMA-ists and not Jack of All Trades, kung fu pretenders!

I know the fact that they are genuine from reading their posts, not on what they say in their profiles. One could actually put anything in their profile, however the truth comes out in their posts!

All I said that one can see other people's understanding of the TCMAs from reading their posts and not from the fact that their name is Andrew Smith who studied kung fu under the famous grandmaster Wong (together with another 2000 students, who no doubt think themselves as "experts")!

I have had discussions here with MMA/crosstrainers who have said that the TCMA Internals were "fantasies" and that they did not "exist". Then these people would even make jokes about Chi f@rts and would make other tastless and disrespectful comments. They would quite often go on to make other clueless comments in terms such as "forms training is useless" and so on. Then when I had responded to their "enlightening" comments by saying that they were clueless, they would respond by naming famous TCMA masters with whom they had at some point (o doubt, between their Tae Kwon Do and BJJ classes) studied with....LOL

If memory serves me correctly, I even told one of these characters what he thought his famous TCMA grandmasters' reaction would be to his "chi f@r"t jokes and other clueless comments about forms training. I suggested that he would be literally kicked out on his butt if talked like that to their faces.

So to resume, anyone can come here and identify himself and give you names of his TCMA masters. That does not stop his clueless comments being clueless. Look, you either have relevant knowledge or you don't and wether you do or don't is going to come out in what you say in your posts and not how you identify yourself or who you claim to have studied with!

sanjuro_ronin
03-01-2010, 10:40 AM
yeah, my bad guys

almost reminds me of rolls/ralek

Its a pattern that we have seen over and over, as you know.
Its not a new or even very good schtik.

Hardwork108
03-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Ah yes, the refuge of the trolls.

And the above statement is the "refuge" of a certain clueless Jack of All Trades who tries and "impress" us with his Youtube slab breaking abilities....:rolleyes:

Anyway, let me take this opportunity and congratulate you on your "incredible" feats that proves your kung fu "knowledge". Bravo, Mr Paul Sacramento. The world of TCMAs is proud of you hitting a punch bag on Youtube and surviving the act to tell us all about it.

Bravo, again for breaking the slabs. We now know that no slab will ever mess with you again as the word has gotten around the slab community that Mr Sacramento's "kung fu" is good.....LOL

Bravo, I say, you are the man......

HW108

[Pork Chop, if you are reading this then you need to appreciate the fact that I am not completely heartless. Once in a while a choose a knucklehead and massage his ego, after all, that is the sole purpose of their existance, using their real identities, in forums such as this one.;)]

Hardwork108
03-01-2010, 10:49 AM

Hey, don't bite the hands that have been feeding you for years, despite your constant idiotic rants....

sanjuro_ronin
03-01-2010, 10:53 AM
And the above statement is the "refuge" of a certain clueless Jack of All Trades who tries and "impress" us with his Youtube slab breaking abilities....:rolleyes:

Anyway, let me take this opportunity and congratulate you on your "incredible" feats that proves your kung fu "knowledge". Bravo, Mr Paul Sacramento. The world of TCMAs is proud of you hitting a punch bag on Youtube and surviving the act to tell us all about it.

Bravo, again for breaking the slabs. We now know that no slab will ever mess with you again as the word has gotten around the slab community that Mr Sacramento's "kung fu" is good.....LOL

Bravo, I say, you are the man......

HW108

[Pork Chop, if you are reading this then you need to appreciate the fact that I am not completely heartless. Once in a while a choose a knucklehead and massage his ego, after all, that is the sole purpose of their existance, using their real identities, in forums such as this one.;)]

You flirt !
Your sugar coated words are all fine and dandy, but I already told you I am not interested.
I am sure your spartan tendancies are best focused somewhere and with someone else.
Ok Richard?

Hardwork108
03-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Sheeeeesh.....I make a simple compliment and the guy comes on to me....:rolleyes:

Pork Chop, if you are reading this, then heed the warning and cut down on your man-grappling practice, otherwise you might end up sexually confused, like our friend Sanjuro....LOL

kfson
03-01-2010, 11:34 AM

Step Up!

_______

sanjuro_ronin
03-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Sheeeeesh.....I make a simple compliment and the guy comes on to me....:rolleyes:

Pork Chop, if you are reading this, then heed the warning and cut down on your man-grappling practice, otherwise you might end up sexually confused, like our friend Sanjuro....LOL

Silver tongued devil !
And yes, I got that nice bouquet you sent me Richard but once again, Sorry, you are not my type.
Sure this constant naming me in your posts and this constant stalking can be viewed as flattering by those of the Spartan background, but I don't roll that way.
I know that my uber-sexiness causes you longing but you will just have to do some isometric chin-ups ( put no push-ups because those will compromise your SPM !) to workout your frustrations.

kfson
03-01-2010, 11:49 AM
I just read the entire thread hoping for some clarification. No such luck.

Carry on.

SPJ
03-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I saw a friend's student performing a routine.

there are many mistakes.

especially, no turning of the waist, some of moves are rushed to the final stances without right transitions--

on and on.

since he is not my student.

I saved myself some troubles just said nothing.

--

it is not about trying avoiding to offend anyone.

since he is not my student, I am not his teacher. why bother?

--

the MA is good, his teacher is good. but he is not---

--

my point is that why bother in a forum to correct somebody that you do not even know?

on the other hand, if the student asked me for suggestions, then I may offer some helps since he is my friend's student--

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC2Y_vT201k&feature=related

--

kfson
03-01-2010, 12:23 PM
I saw a friend's student performing a routine.

there are many mistakes.

--

You didn't respond correctly. You should have dug deep down in to your well of emotions and brought out the largest dragon you could find, squeeze the snot out of it, and walked away as the house burns to the ground. For crying out loud, do you want an Academy Award or not?

p.s. I better add one of them there smiley-deally faces. ;)

David Jamieson
03-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Step Up!

_______

already there! lol

Dragonzbane76
03-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Its a pattern that we have seen over and over, as you know.
Its not a new or even very good schtik.

copy and paste, that's all he does. :rolleyes:

anyways, MA's is full of ego. So much so that a lot get lost in it, and feel even more lost when they are proven wrong. I always thought the MA journey was of a learning nature, not trying to prove everyone else wrong. Although some seem hell bent on doing just that. Life is full of douchbags, that claim mastership or what ever over anything. MA's is no different. Same idiots we see on the street with their tinfoil hats and wacked out theories and fantasies, are the same people that walk into a school and will believe anything anyone tells them. Nothing different than the life we lead everyday.

Lucas
03-01-2010, 03:39 PM
been out with a horrible back injury....but ya.

i only say things on this forum i would and do say in real life. dont really see a point to do otherwise, and with that.

KISS MY ARSE!

goju
03-01-2010, 04:17 PM
my point is that why bother in a forum to correct somebody that you do not even know?

so it makes you look like you know more than you do lol

Lucas
03-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I cant be the only one that gets enjoyment by keeping silent and quietly basking in my own self appointed superiority by keeping all the answers to myself...

;)

goju
03-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I cant be the only one that gets enjoyment by keeping silent and quietly basking in my own self appointed superiority by keeping all the answers to myself...

;)

for the most part i do the same:D

and it can get tedious follwing every argument here its like a pack of wild dogs growling and sniffing at each others arses lol

David Jamieson
03-01-2010, 04:59 PM
so it makes you look like you know more than you do lol

you're paranoid. lol

If you are correct then you do know more than the person you've corrected.

And, to not be offended can be a reflection of ones own lack of commitment to any number of things in their lives too. To be constantly offended is just weird. :)

KC Elbows
03-01-2010, 05:22 PM
My martial art is all about offending. Pray you never have to face Happy As a ******* On Father's Day Fist.

David Jamieson
03-01-2010, 05:31 PM
My martial art is all about offending. Pray you never have to face Happy As a ******* On Father's Day Fist.

Is that a sub pai of belligerent anus?

goju
03-01-2010, 06:45 PM
And, to not be offended can be a reflection of ones own lack of commitment to any number of things in their lives too.

or it can be arrogance:D

David Jamieson
03-01-2010, 06:51 PM
or it can be arrogance:D

is there anything that doesn't have an "or"?

goju
03-01-2010, 06:55 PM
is there anything that doesn't have an "or"?

nope its an option for everything:D

SPJ
03-01-2010, 07:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esj5bMXjm2w&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xWeTDGidJM&feature=related

good, bad or no comment.,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m9ZP_tTtLc

orginal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0_yQeVmMak&feature=related

a better group?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNwc7F6U9b4&feature=related

how to vid.

David Jamieson
03-01-2010, 08:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esj5bMXjm2w&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xWeTDGidJM&feature=related

good, bad or no comment.,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m9ZP_tTtLc

orginal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0_yQeVmMak&feature=related

a better group?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNwc7F6U9b4&feature=related

how to vid.

the very last one was the best. the instructional one. it had it all. :D

taai gihk yahn
03-01-2010, 08:48 PM
you all offend me, and I deserve an apology

David Jamieson
03-01-2010, 08:49 PM

They may be sorry, but I can't bring myself to apologize to you.

Not after that whole belligerent anus episode.

Hardwork108
03-01-2010, 09:05 PM

LOL, just LOL!

You really need to do some research about the higher levels of Freemasonary......

Hardwork108
03-01-2010, 09:07 PM

Let me be the first to step forward and apologize. :D

Scott R. Brown
03-02-2010, 01:13 AM

Is your name really Cole Oyl?

(Quiz: what does that reference?);)

They may be sorry, but I can't bring myself to apologize to you.

Not after that whole belligerent anus episode.

I've been a nurse for 27 years, or something like that, and I have never heard of "belligerent anus episode"! Is that something only you Gee Guys know about?:p

uki
03-02-2010, 04:17 AM
My martial art is all about offending. Pray you never have to face Happy As a ******* On Father's Day Fist.i like your style already!!! :D

or it can be arrogance.and arrogance can be confused with sincere presence.

you all offend me, and I deserve an apologyfrom my perspective that would imply that you are highly lacking in any form of personal security, mental/emotional maturity, and/or self-confidence... of course i also understand the intrinsically interwoven natures of sarcasm and humour. :p

I've been a nurse for 27 years, or something like that, and I have never heard of "belligerent anus episode"! Is that something only you Gee Guys know about?why ever would you want to know!?!

Scott R. Brown
03-02-2010, 05:17 AM
I've been a nurse for 27 years, or something like that, and I have never heard of "belligerent anus episode"! Is that something only you Gee Guys know about?:p

why ever would you want to know!?!

It is a strictly professional interest I assure you!:D

kfson
03-02-2010, 07:08 AM

I'm offended that your offended and that offends me as being very offensive, offensively speaking.

kfson
03-02-2010, 07:09 AM
LOL, just LOL!

You really need to do some research about the higher levels of Freemasonary......

Tell us about these "higher levels" of Freemasonry.

I'm assuming they are "offensive".

sanjuro_ronin
03-02-2010, 07:17 AM
People that don't know how to play poker, they offend me !
http://www.ill.ro/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/sexy-demotivational-posters-a12.jpg

Northwind
03-02-2010, 08:23 AM
No, no, no. I think this one is playing Poker juuuust right.

Scott R. Brown
03-02-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm offended that your offended and that offends me as being very offensive, offensively speaking.

HEY!! That's MY line!!!

GET YOUR OWN!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::p

sanjuro_ronin
03-02-2010, 09:31 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4s5pmFL_ZlQ/SxvHDY7ab7I/AAAAAAAACWM/y7Si4bo2Wak/s1600/redheads%2Bblondes%2Bbrunettes%2Bhot%2Bgirls%2Bnak ed%2Bmotivationalposters%2Bonline%2Bfunny%2Bdemoti vational%2Bbeautiful%2Bpretty%2Bblue%2Beyed%2Bsexy %2Bpics%2Bgallery.jpg

kfson
03-02-2010, 09:39 AM
HEY!! That's MY line!!!

GET YOUR OWN!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::p

Now I'm offended that you're offended that I'm offended that you're offended and that offends me as being very offensive, offensively speaking.

Scott R. Brown
03-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Now I'm offended that you're offended that I'm offended that you're offended and that offends me as being very offensive, offensively speaking.

I have no idea what you have written...I am looking at the redhead!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

sanjuro_ronin
03-02-2010, 09:46 AM
I have no idea what you have written...I am looking at the redhead!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4s5pmFL_ZlQ/Sp3-67BUUfI/AAAAAAAACK4/GIxWR2GmgLI/s1600/canadian%2Bgirls%2Bdont%2Bmess%2Bwith%2Bthem%2Beh% 2Bmotivational%2Bposters%2Bhot%2Bhunny%2Bweb%2Bsit es%2Bmotivationalpostersonline.blogspot.com%2Bnude %2Bnaked%2Bbabes%2Badvertising.jpg

kfson
03-02-2010, 10:27 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4s5pmFL_ZlQ/Sp3-67BUUfI/AAAAAAAACK4/GIxWR2GmgLI/s1600/canadian%2Bgirls%2Bdont%2Bmess%2Bwith%2Bthem%2Beh% 2Bmotivational%2Bposters%2Bhot%2Bhunny%2Bweb%2Bsit es%2Bmotivationalpostersonline.blogspot.com%2Bnude %2Bnaked%2Bbabes%2Badvertising.jpg

Holy cow, is that a family of ticks in her ears?

Hardwork108
03-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Tell us about these "higher levels" of Freemasonry.
Rumor has it that that in many cases the higher levels of Freemasonary's membership correlate with the higher levels of politics in countries such as the US, UK , France, etc.

The fact is that these levels of politics (Presidents and Prime Ministers, included) are full of psychopathic and lying characters, then one must wonder.

Furthermore, IMHO, members of secret societies (no matter what their public image happens to be) have no business getting involved in politics in countries that claim to be Democratic!!!!

However, things being the way they are then one begins to understand how certain political institutions and politicians get away with so much crap including mass murder!!

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Holy cow, is that a family of ticks in her ears?

That's axe cop's girlfriend. It's a canadian connection thing. :p

kfson
03-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Rumor has it that that in many cases the higher levels of Freemasonary's membership correlate with the higher levels of politics in countries such as the US, UK , France, etc.

The fact is that these levels of politics (Presidents and Prime Ministers, included) are full of psychopathic and lying characters, then one must wonder.

Furthermore, IMHO, members of secret societies (no matter what their public image happens to be) have no business getting involved in politics in countries that claim to be Democratic!!!!

However, things being the way they are then one begins to understand how certain political institutions and politicians get away with so much crap including mass murder!!

You have only told us your perceptions of these people and not what the people in "higher levels" Freemasonry do.

kfson
03-02-2010, 02:06 PM
That's axe cop's girlfriend. It's a canadian connection thing. :p

It's (she's) frightening.

uki
03-02-2010, 02:07 PM
It's (she's) frightening.she's canadian...

sanjuro_ronin
03-02-2010, 02:12 PM
she's canadian...

bbwwaaahhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 02:15 PM
You have only told us your perceptions of these people and not what the people in "higher levels" Freemasonry do.

dang it, must you quote the loon!
It's clear he knows nothing of the craft. Leave him to his conspiracy nonsense.
Better that he know nothing of the craft than have it handed to him by correction. lol

kfson
03-02-2010, 02:20 PM
dang it, must you quote the loon!
It's clear he knows nothing of the craft. Leave him to his conspiracy nonsense.
Better that he know nothing of the craft than have it handed to him by correction. lol

That's where you and I disagree. Disclosure. Information should be made available.

It's like the martial arts, it doesn't become real until it has been practiced.

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 02:25 PM
That's where you and I disagree. Disclosure. Information should be made available.

It's like the martial arts, it doesn't become real until it has been practiced.

It is all available.

I don't think there is anything about it that is hidden with the exceptions of the Gs & Ts.

But, if you wander down the garden path playing telephone, well, that leads nowhere.

In the end, you cannot know until you know.

Are you a freemason?

kfson
03-02-2010, 02:29 PM
It is all available.

I don't think there is anything about it that is hidden with the exceptions of the Gs & Ts.

But, if you wander down the garden path playing telephone, well, that leads nowhere.

In the end, you cannot know until you know.

Are you a freemason?

I am not a Freemason, but I have been taken to the mat.

goju
03-02-2010, 02:30 PM
ack hop[efully thats not whatt he average canuck woman look like lol

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 02:35 PM
I am not a Freemason, but I have been taken to the mat.

lol.

"taken to the mat" can mean a lot of things. You need to clarify on that. :p

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 02:38 PM
ack hop[efully thats not whatt he average canuck woman look like lol

of course not.

look up miss universe 2005.

there. that's what 99% of all canadian women look like.

axe girl makes up the other 1%

I think you need to notice the lack of obesity mainly. :D

kfson
03-02-2010, 02:39 PM
lol.

"taken to the mat" can mean a lot of things. You need to clarify on that. :p

Let's call it a purgative process.

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Let's call it a purgative process.

ah, so you've been schooled and tooled and now you're wondering why **** ain't working like you thought it would?

I've been there! lol. Best experience to happen to a martial artist imo. Any martial artist.

Cleanses the palate so to speak and allows for a new taste of a new vintage without the staleness of the old wine... so to speak. :p

KC Elbows
03-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Is that a sub pai of belligerent anus?

I got in the inner door to the belligerent Anus school, but the sifu's office really creeped me out. I think it was all the beads...

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 02:59 PM
I got in the inner door to the belligerent Anus school, but the sifu's office really creeped me out. I think it was all the beads...

sweet jebas. I puked a little in my mouth just now... :p

Hardwork108
03-02-2010, 03:02 PM
My "perceptions" of what they do correlates with reality and that is a serious issue that the Sheep, that is the general population, should, among other things, take into account when they are told that they live in a "Democracy" and their sons and daughters have to die in foreign lands to protect that "Democracy"!

In context of what our forum "genius" David Jamieson said, referring to Freemasonry as making good men better, I believe what I said in my last post covers it all.

Having said that, it seems that these people - at least on the higher levels - participate in ceremonies that have parallels with Satanism as far as some of the symbolisms that they use are concerned.

One must really question why a balanced human being would participate in such - secret - societies and the purpose of their existance, in the first place.

Northwind
03-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Although I've agreed with you HW in the past on certain things - your statements about the masons I do not...
All you have to do is visit mason websites or better yet, an actual lodge and get some information about this.

In much the same way that many would equate "Qi" with "mystical energy" simply because that's the main way they've been exposed to it - many equate "Freemasons" with conspiracy theory etc. because that's the limit of their exposure.

To know the tree, find the root, not a picture of one.

Hardwork108
03-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Although I've agreed with you HW in the past on certain things - your statements about the masons I do not...
All you have to do is visit mason websites or better yet, an actual lodge and get some information about this.

In much the same way that many would equate "Qi" with "mystical energy" simply because that's the main way they've been exposed to it - many equate "Freemasons" with conspiracy theory etc. because that's the limit of their exposure.

To know the tree, find the root, not a picture of one.
You are right in that I have been exposed to some of the negative stuff regarding Freemasonry and perhaps it would be a good idea to find positive examples. Looking at their web sites will probably give me a more balanced view, even if they are public faces of what in essence is a secret society.

My questioning this institution arose from David Jamieson's comment that joining the Freemasons would make good men better. How can he say that when even he knows that a lot of politicians who instigate wars (together with "Colonial" takeovers) that result in mass murders and suffering belong to these societies.

In view of the above fact I still believe that many Freemasons are good people (I know a few myself) even if things might get a little "strange" at the higher levels.

Anyway, point taken. It is always good to search for a more balanced view.:)

KC Elbows
03-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Hardwork, you're clearly not understanding this forum thing today.

Masonry, free or not, is evil.

There, now the forum can continue.

Drake
03-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Hardwork, you're clearly not understanding this forum thing today.

Masonry, free or not, is evil.

There, now the forum can continue.

What's evil about brickwork?

uki
03-03-2010, 02:26 AM
What's evil about brickwork?depends on if it looks like it was laid by sailors or not... LOL... as for freemasons, they are the scum of the earth - the lower levels of people are simply mindless robots that perpetuate the facade of the do-goodness of the organizations charity workings... the higher levels are reserved for those who have shed any integrity and dignity they once had. low level freemasons i know are foul-mouthed womanizers and male chauvinistic pigs. :)

Scott R. Brown
03-03-2010, 02:34 AM
depends on if it looks like it was laid by sailors or not... LOL... as for freemasons, they are the scum of the earth - the lower levels of people are simply mindless robots that perpetuate the facade of the do-goodness of the organizations charity workings... the higher levels are reserved for those who have shed any integrity and dignity they once had. low level freemasons i know are foul-mouthed womanizers and male chauvinistic pigs. :)

Don't forget....they are Reptilians too!

uki
03-03-2010, 02:36 AM
Don't forget....they are Reptilians too!LOL... i didn't want to cause too much of an uproar. :p

Scott R. Brown
03-03-2010, 02:48 AM
LOL... i didn't want to cause too much of an uproar. :p

OOPS! Sorry....too late now!;)

Lokhopkuen
03-03-2010, 04:21 AM
People that don't know how to play poker, they offend me !
http://www.ill.ro/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/sexy-demotivational-posters-a12.jpg

I'm not offended by this

kfson
03-03-2010, 07:17 AM
What martial art do the Freemasons practice, besides throwing bricks?

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 07:19 AM

There is no martial art associated with the practice of Freemasonry.

Tao Of The Fist
03-03-2010, 07:21 AM

Juggling bricks while circle walking.

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 07:23 AM
Juggling bricks while circle walking.

that is one guy (uki) who is a stonemason, but not a freemason.

Stone masons have no associated martial art.

Freemasons have no associated martial art.

members of either may choose what they like in that area of personal pursuit.

kfson
03-03-2010, 07:26 AM
There is no martial art associated with the practice of Freemasonry.

What about the martial art in the mind?
(...the sound of a lead balloon hitting the floor)

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 07:28 AM
What about the martial art in the mind?
(...the sound of a lead balloon hitting the floor)

nope. not even that.
nothing martial at all.

kfson
03-03-2010, 07:34 AM
nope. not even that.
nothing martial at all.

http://joyrich.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/lucy-and-ricky21.jpg

Tao Of The Fist
03-03-2010, 07:37 AM
that is one guy (uki) who is a stonemason, but not a freemason.

Stone masons have no associated martial art.

Freemasons have no associated martial art.

members of either may choose what they like in that area of personal pursuit.

Sorry I wasn't paying attention to the question, I thought you said a stoned mason ;).

Way to kill my poke at the Ukmeister, Dave.

Hardwork108
03-03-2010, 07:38 AM

Looking within a world political context I believe that the high level Freemasons will have others (panzies) doing the fighting for them.....

kfson
03-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Well, if that's the best you can do...

http://academic.missouriwestern.edu/ascher/russia/bad-bricks.jpg

uki
03-03-2010, 08:31 AM
[QUOTE=kfson;996000]Well, if that's the best you can do...

http://academic.missouriwestern.edu/ascher/russia/bad-bricks.jpg[/QUOTEi think that wall hit an acid trip...

dimethylsea
03-03-2010, 02:38 PM

They duel with their trowels DUH!

Clad only in their little ceremonial aprons they duel to the finish.

2 third degrees enter the Lodge.. and 1 fourth degree will leave.

Also here is a kitteh..

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0803/matrix-kitteh-kitty-kitteh-matrix-funny-hilarious-kung-fu-ni-demotivational-poster-1206910308.jpg

kfson
03-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Freemasons and their cat...

Northwind
03-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Oh snaps! Not teh Kitteh!!!!
I am the hell outta here! :P