PDA

View Full Version : you has arrived

you
04-04-2000, 11:38 PM
you am you. you is lackin kung fu and you is curious about tong long. you has been told tong long is mantis so you will ask you some questions.

you wonders what is the deal with the stars. what is 7 stars for? and what is the 8 step? you need answers or you will not rest. you also ponders what noth and south amntis are and why are the so different.

you thanks you for your assistance.

Robinf
04-05-2000, 06:42 PM
You,

The word play was cute for a while, now it's a little hard to read sometimes.

In answer between north and south, it's the same as what's the difference between one style and another. They're just different styles. There is the story that northern focuses on legs and southern focuses on hands. Not so. The focus equally on both.

Personally, from what I've seen (which, granted, isn't much), northern forms and strategy uses more space--creating distance or taking away that distance. Southern forms and strategy appears to be closer into the body. This stems from the areas they were practiced. The north has a lot of space, forests, farms, etc. The south is for commerce with the docks and shipyards--the combat style, would therefore be for more enclosed spaces on ships and the crowded cities.

Again, I haven't been in kung fu for long enough to offer any sort of "expert" opinion. The above is only my personal observation and research.

Paladinfin
04-05-2000, 07:00 PM
You ! yeah, YOU ! YOU is great ! You should have own clan where all of you should carry name of you, and you is the head master of the clan of you, where you are practioners of big you /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

You is great name, and you makes to laugh /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Should *I* change to you ? ... nope, but you should change to believe religion of you, and join to clan of you !... confusing ? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

you
04-05-2000, 10:46 PM
hey, maybe you should change you's name to *i* and you change your name to you.

you confuse you?! no, no you will not confuse you as you are not you and you is the master of you's wordplay. if you are you then why dont you say you are you and that is that.

heh heh you jokes with you.

Lost_Disciple
04-06-2000, 01:44 AM
How about you goes with the Yale standard instead of pinyin and becomes yu? or maybe yiou? or yoh? or maybe yiu? or maybe yiew?

Just a thought