PDA

View Full Version : TMA vs MMA

kfson
03-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Is it my ill perception or does this forum have a wild hair up it's collective wazoo concerning TMA vs MMA?

That is all.

brothernumber9
03-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Tmma ftw!!

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 07:22 AM
good tma are mma

sanjuro_ronin
03-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Well, we've would never have noticed this !
Thanks for pointing it out !

Here is the funny part though - TMA =MMA and MMA = TMA
LOL !!

sanjuro_ronin
03-02-2010, 07:25 AM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/8/13/633542096155510453-failtoentrerthedragondemotivator.jpg

Dragonzbane76
03-02-2010, 08:03 AM
god this will so turn into flaming when carpetbagger gets on here.

sanjuro_ronin
03-02-2010, 08:13 AM

We know how to deal with the likes of them:
http://www.yorkblog.com/mma/hackneyjoeson.gif

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 08:14 AM

Who cares, this place is going to the dogs by keeping him here, so what if he turns yet one more thread into his infantile soapbox of gibberish.

I just ignore him now, yet all the threads are filled with his ****.
But if that's how it is to be, then that's how it is. lol :rolleyes:

kfson
03-02-2010, 08:18 AM
I thought mixed martial art was Bagua / Xing Yi / Tai Chi.

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 08:22 AM
I thought mixed martial art was Bagua / Xing Yi / Tai Chi.

it is.

_______

Drake
03-02-2010, 08:32 AM
What bugs me is when he writes a post that eats up an entire page because he quotes and responds to EVERY SINGLE THING.

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 08:58 AM
What bugs me is when he writes a post that eats up an entire page because he quotes and responds to EVERY SINGLE THING.

Well, it seems even the base membership cannot petition the board owners with our prayers and they are allowing the guy to stay and "contribute" :rolleyes:

sanjuro_ronin
03-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Well, it seems even the base membership cannot petition the board owners with our prayers and they are allowing the guy to stay and "contribute" :rolleyes:

Sure you can, just PM the hell out of Gene ! ( Sorry Boss).
And remember:
http://members.arstechnica.com/x/ratstomper/troll-poster.jpg

Lokhopkuen
03-02-2010, 10:28 AM
I can see I haven't miss a darn thing :rolleyes:

As you were:D

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I can see I haven't miss a darn thing :rolleyes:

As you were:D

no, no you haven't. I think I'll just start checking in on a quarterly basis myself. lol

Scott R. Brown
03-02-2010, 10:59 AM

Who cares, this place is going to the dogs by keeping him here, so what if he turns yet one more thread into his infantile soapbox of gibberish.

I just ignore him now, yet all the threads are filled with his ****.
But if that's how it is to be, then that's how it is. lol :rolleyes:

LOL!!! You guys DO realize HE isn't actually HERE yet, HE hasn't actually said a thing YET, and HE is still the greater focus of this thread so far!:eek:

So who do you think is ahead in the Oscar run for Troll of the Board for this year? LOL!!!:D

sanjuro_ronin
03-02-2010, 11:00 AM
LOL!!! You guys DO realize HE isn't actually HERE yet, HE hasn't actually said a thing YET, and HE is still the greater focus of this thread so far!:eek:

So who do you think is ahead in the Oscar run for Troll of the Board for this year? LOL!!!:D

Hey, any excuse to post a gif of Joe Son getting his nuts pummelled !!

Scott R. Brown
03-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Hey, any excuse to post a gif of Joe Son getting his nuts pummelled !!

Well all I can say is, "If there aren't any BOOBS in a thread, I DON"T BOTHER TO READ IT!!!

Of course when there are BOOBS on a thread, I DON"T BOTHER TO READ IT either!

So I can't lose either way!:D

sanjuro_ronin
03-02-2010, 11:20 AM
For some reason I feel like posting bOObs
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_saSL-Bu1xNY/Spw_R7m6gkI/AAAAAAAABMI/x0ImOJBZxE4/s400/cleavage-g.jpg

Scott R. Brown
03-02-2010, 11:38 AM
For some reason I feel like posting bOObs
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_saSL-Bu1xNY/Spw_R7m6gkI/AAAAAAAABMI/x0ImOJBZxE4/s400/cleavage-g.jpg

<Big Sigh> And a grin:D

kfson
03-02-2010, 01:08 PM
http://www.freefoto.com/images/41/11/41_11_77---Dead-End-USA-Road-Sign_web.jpg

uki
03-02-2010, 01:55 PM
McMA = sport fighting with rules and regulations - creating the next generation of egotistical and halfwitted men. :D

Hardwork108
03-02-2010, 01:55 PM
good tma are mma
Nothing new there, as long as you realize that on the other hand, good MMA is not necessarily good TMA!

When one makes that distinction, then one will be enlightened!

Lucas
03-02-2010, 01:57 PM
When one makes that distinction, then one will be enlightened!

I always thought that happened after drinking a bottle of sake and falling off a pier.

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 01:58 PM
McMA = sport fighting with rules and regulations - creating the next generation of egotistical and halfwitted men. :D

If you have never tried it, why do you spend so much energy trying to deride it.
The training, mentality and guts to fight in the manner you seem to find so distasteful requires a level of kung fu that not many have quite frankly.

when asked to fight in this manner to prove yourself and your words, what do you do? Do you want to automatically try and kill someone or can you prove to them that you are able to sportively and in a controlled fashion use your skills to fight without killing? TO dominate without doing any real serious injury and to do it in a sportive relationship where everyone can leave with a smile and a handshake?

Why do you dislike the practice of fighting so much and yet profess to be some kind of martial artist?

Hardwork108
03-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey Sanjuro, the color red suites you....:D

brothernumber9
03-02-2010, 02:01 PM
I always thought that happened after drinking a bottle of sake and falling off a pier.

Only if it's habu saki (with the snake in it). What do you do with the snake after you drank it all?

sanjuro_ronin
03-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Hey Sanjuro, the color red suites you....:D

Get your eyes of Joe Son's crotch, perv !

Hardwork108
03-02-2010, 02:05 PM
If you have never tried it, why do you spend so much energy trying to deride it.
The training, mentality and guts to fight in the manner you seem to find so distasteful requires a level of kung fu that not many have quite frankly.

when asked to fight in this manner to prove yourself and your words, what do you do? Do you want to automatically try and kill someone or can you prove to them that you are able to sportively and in a controlled fashion use your skills to fight without killing? TO dominate without doing any real serious injury and to do it in a sportive relationship where everyone can leave with a smile and a handshake?

Why do you dislike the practice of fighting so much and yet profess to be some kind of martial artist?
IMHO, Uki is not against fighting practice per se but the context of MMA fighting as compared to TCMA fighting training...

As far as am concerned there has been fighting training in TCMA practice centuries before people discovered modern MMA.

uki
03-02-2010, 02:05 PM
If you have never tried it, why do you spend so much energy trying to deride it.actually it comes second nature, much like breathing, to deride it. :D

The training, mentality and guts to fight in the manner you seem to find so distasteful requires a level of kung fu that not many have quite frankly.or they don't desire to have that type of mentality - it's quite negative and cancerous. :)

when asked to fight in this manner to prove yourself and your words, what do you do? why do i have to prove anything to anyone?? it's not about you or anyone else, it's about me.

Do you want to automatically try and kill someone or can you prove to them that you are able to sportively and in a controlled fashion use your skills to fight without killing? TO dominate without doing any real serious injury and to do it in a sportive relationship where everyone can leave with a smile and a handshake?again... the intention behind the fighting is the key... i don't intend to use my martial art to prove i can fight with rules and regulations. :D

Why do you dislike the practice of fighting so much and yet profess to be some kind of martial artist?so that no one takes me seriously... suprise is the best asset in the martial arts. :cool:

Lucas
03-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Only if it's habu saki (with the snake in it). What do you do with the snake after you drank it all?

i like to whip people with it like a wet noodle.

Hardwork108
03-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Get your eyes of Joe Son's crotch, perv !
Is Joe Son your fighting name? LOL

kfson
03-02-2010, 02:09 PM

Can you imagine this approach on an internet forum discussion?

sanjuro_ronin
03-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Is Joe Son your fighting name? LOL

You really need to stop putting me into all your thoughts, dude...:eek:

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 02:11 PM
actually it comes second nature, much like breathing, to deride it. :D too bad, derision without understanding is the height of ignorance. surely you must know that by now? :)

or they don't desire to have that type of mentality - it's quite negative and cancerous. :) It's a pre-req to putting your neck out there actually. You require courage, skill, mental attitude that is strong and physical conditioning to endure.

why do i have to prove anything to anyone?? it's not about you or anyone else, it's about me. If you are going to make comments about your abilities, you will be asked to provide some proof, if you are uncomfortable with standing by your words with deeds, then maybe you should hold back on the words now and then?

again... the intention behind the fighting is the key... i don't intend to use my martial art to prove i can fight with rules and regulations. :D
How can you even know intention without the reality that follows? Intention without action is empty. Certainly emptier than actually manifesting action from intention.

so that no one takes me seriously... suprise is the best asset in the martial arts. :cool: So you're ok with never being taken seriously then? So far you are doing great! no offense. :) But I don't think people take you seriously as much more than what you really are which is a juggler of some merit, although, I haven't really seen you do anything special with that either. Yet you're ready to prove all that about yourself but not your ability to translate a form into the actual applied actions that belong to it, not even in a safe environment with rules and such?

finger / moon - know them :D

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Can you imagine this approach on an internet forum discussion?

not this one these days. lol

uki
03-02-2010, 03:13 PM
It's a pre-req to putting your neck out there actually. You require courage, skill, mental attitude that is strong and physical conditioning to endure.so this does not encompass free for alls in the local cemetary on the asphalt, complete with throws and takedowns?? how about guns being put to yer head and having to look the other guy in the eye?? how about working on a block crew?? i understand completely where your argument is coming from, yet to only use fighting in a ring or other sport competition as means of gaging ones physical endurance and mental state of mind is absurd.

If you are going to make comments about your abilities, you will be asked to provide some proof, if you are uncomfortable with standing by your words with deeds, then maybe you should hold back on the words now and then?i am not uncomfortable at all - as for my abilities i have claimed, i believe they are well known and out on paper... i juggle three, 9lb iron juggle balls... i believe i could rip your god ****ed throat out if i had to, but i am not sure if my confidence comes from almost 8 years in the masonary trade or the 2+ years of juggling 27lbs worth of iron balls, or maybe i am just crazy and couldn't choke the **** out of a chicken. :p

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 04:14 PM
so this does not encompass free for alls in the local cemetary on the asphalt, complete with throws and takedowns?? how about guns being put to yer head and having to look the other guy in the eye?? how about working on a block crew?? i understand completely where your argument is coming from, yet to only use fighting in a ring or other sport competition as means of gaging ones physical endurance and mental state of mind is absurd.
i am not uncomfortable at all - as for my abilities i have claimed, i believe they are well known and out on paper... i juggle three, 9lb iron juggle balls... i believe i could rip your god ****ed throat out if i had to, but i am not sure if my confidence comes from almost 8 years in the masonary trade or the 2+ years of juggling 27lbs worth of iron balls, or maybe i am just crazy and couldn't choke the **** out of a chicken. :p

you believe you could rip my throat out?

ok, full stop right there.

when you want to talk about reality, just let us know. lol

why do you insist on peeing in your own soup all the time?

Dragonzbane76
03-02-2010, 04:19 PM
or maybe i am just crazy and couldn't choke the **** out of a chicken.

lol..... yous crazzzyyyyy:p

http://cluckthebook.com/cluck/resources/images/choke_your_chicken.jpg

Scott R. Brown
03-02-2010, 04:41 PM
NWhen one makes that distinction, then one will be enlightened!

Actually, according to Ch'an teachings, it is when we no longer make distinctions that enlightenment occurs. It is making distinctions that traps us!

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Actually, according to Ch'an teachings, it is when we no longer make distinctions that enlightenment occurs. It is making distinctions that traps us!

Quiet you.

Lucas
03-02-2010, 04:42 PM

like getting **** drunk on snake sake and falling off a pier!

KC Elbows
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM

So, how would you distinguish Ch'an teachings from other teachings?:D

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 04:49 PM

with a glance and a raised eyebrow whilst pointing to the singing bird that is hidden.

yeesh, you're supposed to at least follow along here man.

Scott R. Brown
03-02-2010, 05:01 PM
like getting **** drunk on snake sake and falling off a pier!

That certainly would occur when one cannot make distinctions, but actually one would still make distinction, just without making distinctions!:eek:

What are Ch'an teachings if there are no distinctions?

If there are no distinctions then EVERYTHING, ANYTHING or NOTHING would or could be a Ch'an teaching!

with a glance and a raised eyebrow whilst pointing to the singing bird that is hidden.

yeesh, you're supposed to at least follow along here man.

WHACK!!!!!

taai gihk yahn
03-02-2010, 05:13 PM

they come nicely wrapped in a pretty box with a pink ribbon, as opposed to in one of those cheap brown paper covers;

KC Elbows
03-02-2010, 05:26 PM
as opposed to in one of those cheap brown paper covers;

Speaking of the sound of one hand clapping...:eek:

David Jamieson
03-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Speaking of the sound of one hand clapping...:eek:

It's "fapping". That was a bad translation.

Scott R. Brown
03-02-2010, 05:34 PM
It's "fapping". That was a bad translation.

Hmmmm....and I always thought it was "slapping"!

taai gihk yahn
03-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Hmmmm....and I always thought it was "slapping"!

I thought it was masturbation! or are we not talking about that?

Dragonzbane76
03-02-2010, 06:35 PM
no we were, continue please.

uki
03-02-2010, 06:37 PM
i mention choking a chicken and just look at this predictable mess. :p

Dragonzbane76
03-02-2010, 06:39 PM
predictably beautiful and spontanious. :)

Hardwork108
03-02-2010, 09:20 PM

LOL, I was talking about enlightenment in regards the truth about the TCMAs and not the enlightenment regarding touching upon infinite awareness. Christ, the chimps in my local zoo have more chance of attaining the latter then David Jamieson....:D

Scott R. Brown
03-03-2010, 01:39 AM
LOL, I was talking about enlightenment in regards the truth about the TCMAs and not the enlightenment regarding touching upon infinite awareness. Christ, the chimps in my local zoo have more chance of attaining the latter then David Jamieson....:D

I know!;):p

kfson
03-03-2010, 07:23 AM
LOL, I was talking about enlightenment in regards the truth about the TCMAs and not the enlightenment regarding touching upon infinite awareness.

Is there a difference?

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 07:27 AM
I know!;):p

:rolleyes:

crikey. I put this guy on ignore due to his remarkably stupid, myopic and trolling outlook here. And still he gets copied and pasted.

why are we feeding this troll? He brings zero to the discussion except idiotic posturing and remarkably inadequate understanding of martial arts.
As a douchebag she knows no bounds. :D

Hardwork108
03-03-2010, 07:45 AM
....... He brings zero to the discussion except idiotic posturing and remarkably inadequate understanding of martial arts.

LOL....didn't you just read your own idiotic take on Wing chun in the "What is Kuen Kuit for?" thread in the Wing Chun forum???? LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL!

No qigong in Wing Chun, eh? :rolleyes:

I recone that you are going to need surgery to get your foot out of your mouth after the crap you tried to peddle in that thread!:rolleyes:

You and your brethren should really stick to your "progressive" MMA gym training! LOL

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 07:47 AM
please don't copy and paste the morons post.

kthxbai

Hardwork108
03-03-2010, 07:53 AM
please don't copy and paste the morons post.

kthxbai

Why do you keep referring to yourself in the third person?:confused:

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the courtesy of not reposting this morons stuff.

I can now return to reading this forum without having to sift through
piles and piles of clueless idiotic nonsense as hw108 works so hard to supply us with. lol

dude, if you are trying to address me, don't bother. You are ignored, I don't even see your posts and its awesome!

you know what, thanks Gene! the ignore feature has finally worked out for me. :)

Hardwork108
03-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the courtesy of not reposting this morons stuff.
Who are you talking to? No one besides me has posted anything since your last post...LOL

I can now return to reading this forum without having to sift through
Again, no one has posted here besides me, that is, since your last post...:confused:

piles and piles of clueless idiotic nonsense as hw108 works so hard to supply us with. lol
However, I still have not been able to supply you with the "no qigong in Wing Chun" gem. LOL

dude, if you are trying to address me, don't bother. You are ignored, I don't even see your posts and its awesome!
Then why do you come back every time I post something?:confused:

you know what, thanks Gene! the ignore feature has finally worked out for me. :)
Hint, you need to click on it for it to REALLY work.;)

Dale Dugas
03-03-2010, 08:26 AM
there seem to be a plethora of subhuman fools here on KFO who really have no clue.

I ignore them all.

life is short. train more and feed the trolls less.

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 08:34 AM
there seem to be a plethora of subhuman fools here on KFO who really have no clue.

I ignore them all.

life is short. train more and feed the trolls less.

Yes, I am learning to follow suit in that respect.

The ignore feature is helpful.

besides, at this point after having been here for as long as I have been it's pretty certain who is where. Some guys I don't get along with at all online, but I don't ignore them because they at least know what they are talking about. lol

and then there's the dregs...of which there are more everyday. some are ok, some start out bumpy and others are just off the charts with the goofy ass stuff.

Some days I wish they would show up at my door. I would love that. I like to nourish that aspect in me sometimes as part of my dualistic nature. :p

uki
03-03-2010, 08:34 AM
there seem to be a plethora of subhuman fools here on KFO who really have no clue.lemme at 'em!!!!

Scott R. Brown
03-03-2010, 09:04 AM
:rolleyes:

crikey. I put this guy on ignore due to his remarkably stupid, myopic and trolling outlook here. And still he gets copied and pasted.

why are we feeding this troll? He brings zero to the discussion except idiotic posturing and remarkably inadequate understanding of martial arts.

I rarely read his posts, so I claim innocence, LOL!

Most of what I know of him is from what others write about him!

:D:eek::confused:

Drake
03-03-2010, 09:19 AM
I rarely read his posts, so I claim innocence, LOL!

Most of what I know of him is from what others write about him!

:D:eek::confused:

You realize how long it'd take to actually read everything he writes? He's seriously cutting into his LARPing time with this stuff.

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 09:54 AM
You realize how long it'd take to actually read everything he writes? He's seriously cutting into his LARPing time with this stuff.

he doesn't write much, but copies and pastes the same spastic nonsense over and over again daily.

the ignore feature is awesome.

Banning her would be just as effective and probably irritate a lot less people.

Drake
03-03-2010, 10:14 AM
he doesn't write much, but copies and pastes the same spastic nonsense over and over again daily.

the ignore feature is awesome.

Banning her would be just as effective and probably irritate a lot less people.

They'd sooner ban me.

uki
03-03-2010, 10:30 AM
They'd sooner ban me.oh stop crying, you're back aren't you?? :p

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 10:35 AM
They'd sooner ban me.

Yeah but only because you're a right wing war mongering tcma hater. :D

Drake
03-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Yeah but only because you're a right wing war mongering tcma hater. :D

Even though I supported Obama and my style is a TCMA... *facepalm*

uki
03-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Yeah but only because you're a right wing war mongering tcma hater.all bullets and no brains... shoot first and forget about asking/answering any questions... in the interest of national security of course - democracy at it's finest. :D

sanjuro_ronin
Even though I supported Obama and my style is a TCMA... *facepalm*

LACK OF CHI !!!
No wonder you got banned.

sanjuro_ronin
all bullets and no brains... shoot first and forget about asking/answering any questions... in the interest of national security of course - democracy at it's finest. :D

You keep riding Drake's nuts like that and you two will end up married !

uki
03-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Even though I supported ObamaLOL... that'll do it right there... everyone knows that guy is not even an american citizen, let alone anyones president. :p

Drake
03-03-2010, 10:42 AM
LOL... that'll do it right there... everyone knows that guy is not even an american citizen, let alone anyones president. :p

Uh.... o~k... :confused:

uki
03-03-2010, 10:44 AM
You keep riding Drake's nuts like that and you two will end up married !actually i was thinking of magic lamps and genies. :p

Hardwork108
03-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Yes, I am learning to follow suit in that respect.
While you are here in the KUNG FU forum, you should attempt at learning a little bit about the TCMAs. I mean, what is it with your, "there is no qigong in Wing Chun"?????? LOL,LOL

The ignore feature is helpful.
It will be even more helpful if you use it.;)

besides, at this point after having been here for as long as I have been it's pretty certain who is where.
Know thyself first, before you even attempt to know others, special those who do not practice MMAs and instead practice those "strange" TCMAs, that confuse you so much.

Some guys I don't get along with at all online,
The actual TCMA-ists, perhaps?

but I don't ignore them because they at least know what they are talking about. lol
You mean those who do not make idiotic comments such as saying that there is no qigong in Wing Chun? LOL Or that Wing Chun is a "simple" style? LOL,LOL

I mean this is stuff that even beginner Wing Chunners wouldn't say!!!!!!

and then there's the dregs...of which there are more everyday. some are ok, some start out bumpy and others are just off the charts with the goofy ass stuff.
Oh, I see, Mr David "there is no qigong in Wing Chun" Jamieson.....LOL

You couldn't invent this stuff....I bet you claim "decades" of experience as well....LOL

Some days I wish they would show up at my door. I would love that. I like to nourish that aspect in me sometimes as part of my dualistic nature. :p

Hey, I didn't know that you were so "hands on", but if you really are, then let me give you an original idea. Look, just between us, you can put "my door is always open" under your avatar in the forum. It will make you look cool and fearless. You might even fool the more gullible members into thinking that you have some actual TCMA knowledge.. ;)

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Uh.... o~k... :confused:

You want to walk by that cage a little more quickly.

there's plenty of other monkeys in here to look at.

Take adolf here ^ for instance. Now that's some prize lunacy and belligerence mixed with attitude and profound ignorance. :p

Dragonzbane76
03-03-2010, 01:20 PM
HW8, quit clogging up the forum with your ridiculously long post to someone that has you on ignore. It's like punishing everyone else because you feel you have to 'retaliate' in some form or another.

ManilaCrane
03-03-2010, 01:20 PM
I will just have to say that there is no style that is superior to another. Its all a matter of skill level a person has and tactics they use.

Dragonzbane76
03-03-2010, 01:21 PM
I will just have to say that there is no style that is superior to another. Its all a matter of skill level a person has and tactics they use.

gasppp... common sense... where did that come from.

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 01:23 PM

Careful now. If you keep making sense people will stop listening to you. lol :p

Hardwork108
03-03-2010, 01:46 PM
I respectfully disagree. If you have a fighting style like boxing which does not have any elbows or kicks/knees, nor any takedowns or throws and compare it to Sanda/Sanshou then you will see the distinctions.

Put two fighters of similar experience, each from one of the styles, in a ring and you will see even more distinctions.

Then repeat the same with different fighters, say around 10 bouts, then you should see a definite trend towards the superior style.

Drake
03-03-2010, 01:49 PM
And what would the superior style be?

Hardwork108
03-03-2010, 01:56 PM

In sporting terms, my money would be on the Sanda/Sanshou exponents. What about you?

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 01:57 PM

omfg, who goes there anymore?

Drake
03-03-2010, 01:57 PM
In sporting terms, my money would be on the Sanda/Sanshou exponents. What about you?

I really don't think there a best style, because, based on conditions, opponents, and other factors, different styles work better in different scenarios.

I'm a CLF fan, and don't see myself changing gears any time soon.

Drake
03-03-2010, 01:58 PM
omfg, who goes there anymore?

I just did. :D

sanjuro_ronin
03-03-2010, 02:09 PM

In Tyson's prime I wouldn't bet against him versus the world HW MT champ, would you?
This is the formula that has been proven over and over again:
Person >Training>style

( with some minor variations based on special circumstance)

Hardwork108
03-03-2010, 02:10 PM
I really don't think there a best style, because, based on conditions, opponents, and other factors, different styles work better in different scenarios.
What about the street condition? I ask because that is why I am learning kung fu with that in mind.

IMHO, taking a boxer and putting him in a fight with a Sashou/Sanda fighter is going to put the former in a disadvantage most of the time, be it the street or the ring.

I'm a CLF fan, and don't see myself changing gears any time soon.

CLF, when practiced correctly, is a complete and potent style and yes, more complete than boxing. I really believe that if you train it correctly you will not need much else when it comes to fighting. Apparently, some of CLF's hand attacks can crumble a boxing guard, or at least that is what I have heard.

So, I still believe that there are styles that are superior to others, but then that is just me, perhaps....:D

Drake
03-03-2010, 02:18 PM
I've seen more than one TCMA guy schooled by a boxer. Nothing the TCMA guy had mattered, really, because the boxer had ridiculous mobility, footwork, and striking power. The TCMA guy simply couldn't hold up to the blitz of punches, and most of the kicks swatted at empty space.

Hardwork108
03-03-2010, 02:21 PM
In Tyson's prime I wouldn't bet against him versus the world HW MT champ, would you?
Person >Training>style
It would depend.......You probably would not bet against Tyson when he fought Buster Douglas.

First of all do they use the same type of weighting requirements in MT as they do boxing? If so, then imagine one those tough Thai fighters weighing the same as Tyson, and a heavy weight world champion at that. How would Tyson react to being clinched and kneed in the ribs? how would he react to beingheel kicked as he tried to close the distance and etc.

OF course, was exceptional, even in HW boxing terms. But organize 10 such bouts of varying weight levels and see what the trend would be. I would still put money on the MT guys.

Also, what if the MT people were allowed knee kicks? I am sure that is in the arsenal of the original art.

Change again, replace the MT people with Sanda champions. Now they would be allowed to lift and thump their opponents to the ground......

So, I still believe that some arts are more complete than others and for that reason they would be superior.

bawang
03-03-2010, 02:22 PM
mma is best style in the world

they hav grund fiting

Hardwork108
03-03-2010, 02:25 PM
I've seen more than one TCMA guy schooled by a boxer. Nothing the TCMA guy had mattered, really, because the boxer had ridiculous mobility, footwork, and striking power. The TCMA guy simply couldn't hold up to the blitz of punches, and most of the kicks swatted at empty space.

Perhaps they were not similar level fighters. Also, IMHO, the average quality of TCMA schools out there is so bad that I would assume that a higher portion of Boxing schools provide potent fighters, when compared to kung fu ones.

One of the reasons that I used the Sanshou example in the beginning was that they are sports fighting so they would be a more credible comparison with boxing.

Hardwork108
03-03-2010, 02:33 PM
mma is best style in the world

they hav grund fiting
And the best place to learn MMA is in your New York San Duh! school, I suppose?

uki
03-03-2010, 03:37 PM
And the best place to learn MMA is in your New York San Duh! school, I suppose?duh. i hear their is another kung fu franchise run by a guy that has superhuman strength evolved from playing with sledgehammers to look tough.

Northwind
03-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Thread doesn't even need to be here...Period.

kfson
03-03-2010, 06:31 PM

...that's a funny post.

Scott R. Brown
03-03-2010, 07:42 PM

There is rarely ANYTHING that NEEDS to be ANYWHERE!:eek:

Pork Chop
03-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Person >Training>style

( with some minor variations based on special circumstance)

I'm sorry; i know Tyson at 20 years old was a weapon of mass destruction, I just don't see the guy taking out semmy schilt. The knees alone would mean Tyson was in for a very bad day. It's a bad style match up for mike. That being said, I think he'd give Aerts or Hoost problems.

sanjuro_ronin
03-04-2010, 06:38 AM
I'm sorry; i know Tyson at 20 years old was a weapon of mass destruction, I just don't see the guy taking out semmy schilt. The knees alone would mean Tyson was in for a very bad day. It's a bad style match up for mike. That being said, I think he'd give Aerts or Hoost problems.

I agree with you.
I am of mixed feelings about this, why?
Well, I have seen enough Boxers take out TCMA, TMA and MT guys just with boxing alone.
BUT, I have also seen the opposite.
Numbers don't really tell the whole story so I will say this:
The ONE constant regardless of who won was: Full Contact training and experience.

kfson
03-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Prime Tyson is just plain frightening.
http://ava7.com/images/mike-tyson-baby.jpg

ManilaCrane
03-04-2010, 08:32 AM
lol mike Tyson? its all about Manny Pacquiao! lol aka The Destroyer :p

David Jamieson
03-04-2010, 09:24 AM
lol mike Tyson? its all about Manny Pacquiao! lol aka The Destroyer :p

pacman's only a welterweight.

It's the Heavyweight champs that get the glory.

Frost
03-04-2010, 09:36 AM
i promised myself i would not get invloved in this thread (apart from agreeing a prime tyson was a fecking scarey thing) but come on 8 pages on a dead and silly topic... i bet you know who has been posting on this thread

David Jamieson
03-04-2010, 10:09 AM
every ma forum needs this stupid topic.

just to keep it up there for all the folks who need to catch up on the last 10 years of development in the martial arts whereby mma is showing time and again it has the superior methodology to develop a fighter in the short term more so than any traditional style bar none.

traditional arts have that too, but it is often smothered in cryptic cultural stuff, egotistical teachers and inner circle people who don't actually want to be exposed as weak and so never ever use their martial arts and castrate it at a certain point in the name f face gaming and proppoing up the imagery instead of working the system.

If tcma moved away from all the egotistical stuff and stuck to the work of developing martial skill it would be a return to origin. It doesn't have to go into teh whole ring fighting biz, but honestly I can think of several tcma schools where they have students who have been there for literally years and have never been in any sort of situation whereby they come to truly understand their capabilities and limitations as a martial artist through the action of doing martial arts!

Let the flaming bleating sheep who have never felt a real fight begin. :D

usual suspects in 3....2.....1...

Northwind
03-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Are you trolling David?
I hate to break it but TCMA is not going away anytime soon, regardless of the enlightened & beautiful man-grabbing. Keep mma to mma forums and Kung Fu to Kung Fu forums. Thank you baby jebus.

Drake
03-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Who cares? Most people just shoot you these days anyway. Good luck making that bullet submit from a RNC.

Do it because of the culture and love of the style. Don't do it for some delusional dream of being the next super ninja.

David Jamieson
03-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Are you trolling David?
I hate to break it but TCMA is not going away anytime soon, regardless of the enlightened & beautiful man-grabbing. Keep mma to mma forums and Kung Fu to Kung Fu forums. Thank you baby jebus.

hush now...baby jebas is sleeping!

bawang
03-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Who cares? Most people just shoot you these days anyway. Good luck making that bullet submit from a RNC.

Do it because of the culture and love of the style. Don't do it for some delusional dream of being the next super ninja.

frank shamrock can sumbit a bullet
hes relly strong

Hardwork108
03-04-2010, 11:06 AM
... i bet you know who has been posting on this thread
To be fair, David Jamieson has the right to post as much as anyone else here and him being clueless about what he talks about (TCMAs) should not bother you as you are more or less in the same (MMA) "boat" as him.:D

ManilaCrane
03-04-2010, 01:08 PM
pacman's only a welterweight.

It's the Heavyweight champs that get the glory.

lol i beg to differ :p
Check this out first lol

http://technogra.ph/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Pacquiao-Photoshop-Punishment.jpg

sanjuro_ronin
03-04-2010, 01:16 PM
There is only one answer to this debate:
http://www.watch67.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/sexy-funny-bikini5.jpg

uki
03-04-2010, 01:22 PM
just to keep it up there for all the folks who need to catch up on the last 10 years of development in the martial arts whereby mma is showing time and again it has the superior methodology to develop a fighter in the short term more so than any traditional style bar none.thank goodness for non-traditional styles... iron ball juggling is in a class of it's own in regards to strength training and conditioning of the upper body and arms... bar none. :cool:

sanjuro_ronin
03-04-2010, 01:23 PM
thank goodness for non-traditional styles... iron ball juggling is in a class of it's own in regards to strength training and conditioning of the upper body and arms... bar none. :cool:

You base that on what?

goju
03-04-2010, 01:23 PM
what was this debate about anyway? its seems it got off topic right after the op lol

uki
03-04-2010, 01:30 PM
You base that on what?personal life experience... how many others on these forums can box three 9lbers?? mills mess?? how about just juggle them for one minute in a deep horse stance??? :p

sanjuro_ronin
03-04-2010, 01:36 PM
personal life experience... how many others on these forums can box three 9lbers?? mills mess?? how about just juggle them for one minute in a deep horse stance??? :p

That's it?
Dude, you said:
iron ball juggling is in a class of it's own in regards to strength training and conditioning of the upper body and arms... bar none.

I repeat: strength training and conditioning for the upper body and arms...bar none.

What have you compared it to? what Strength training protocol and methodologies?

David Jamieson
03-04-2010, 01:39 PM
what was this debate about anyway? its seems it got off topic right after the op lol

It's about whether or not putting whipped cream on yer boobies and other goodies is considered keeping kosher or not.

Lucas
03-04-2010, 01:50 PM
mma is the public guantlet tma's face every time a new or relatively new martial art practitioner questions what is real, and effective. just cant get around it.

and IMO its a good thing. its a measuring tool at this point that can help people see for themselves if what they are seeing and doing is helping to move them in the direction they want to go.

However I think, as someone stated before, MMA leans more towards grappling profeciency in the over all picture, so there is a bit of a biasness in regards to 'martial effectiveness'.

someone could be a very good striker and never make it in mma if they dont train enough on the grappling/submission aspect. at which point there ARE other outlets to see if what they are doing is worth while.

in CMA, we have Sanshou/Sanda.

kfson
03-04-2010, 02:00 PM
When Bagua was first formulated, it should have remained the same throughout the rest of time. The first Bagua students should not have mixed in other martial arts styles of their own expertise. That is just not right. I feel a loss of control in this matter.

uki
03-04-2010, 02:11 PM
McMA is like choosing to eat at mcdonalds instead of cooking your own food. :)

David Jamieson
03-04-2010, 02:17 PM
mma is the public guantlet tma's face every time a new or relatively new martial art practitioner questions what is real, and effective. just cant get around it.

and IMO its a good thing. its a measuring tool at this point that can help people see for themselves if what they are seeing and doing is helping to move them in the direction they want to go.

However I think, as someone stated before, MMA leans more towards grappling profeciency in the over all picture, so there is a bit of a biasness in regards to 'martial effectiveness'.

someone could be a very good striker and never make it in mma if they dont train enough on the grappling/submission aspect. at which point there ARE other outlets to see if what they are doing is worth while.

in CMA, we have Sanshou/Sanda.

in cma we have ti/da/shuai/na

kick, punch, throw, lock

not much in the way of ground work in most styles really, but plent in regards to throwing and locking.

sanda allows throws.

I find that a lot of people don't work their chin na / kum na enough and wind up not having good locking/seizing hands in guys who are sifu, this is usually not true, but in a great deal of practitioners, the seizing skill isn't there.

seizing, and locking are a big deal in the material i work with these days.

Lucas
03-04-2010, 02:41 PM
here is something i was wondering about i know a lot of MMA guys enter grappling tourneys to test their grappling skills, i wonder how many enter striking competitions to test their striking skills.

i know sanda/boxing/kickboxing guys that go into mma do but how about the other way around. like guys that start in MMA going into striking competitions...

David Jamieson
03-04-2010, 02:45 PM
here is something i was wondering about i know a lot of MMA guys enter grappling tourneys to test their grappling skills, i wonder how many enter striking competitions to test their striking skills.

i know sanda/boxing/kickboxing guys that go into mma do but how about the other way around. like guys that start in MMA going into striking competitions...

you have to train towards the venue that you are entering.

frankly anyone who enters a boxing ring better know some boxing or it's lights out. mma, tma, whatever, if you are not training to box, you will not do well at boxing.

the same applies to most anything.

uki
03-04-2010, 02:56 PM
you have to train towards the venue that you are entering - the same applies to most anything.wise words... that's why when i train my martial art, i am practicing to break bones, dislocate joints, and tear faces off - i don't venture to entering a fight that is subject to a set of standards... if i am fighting, it's because i am protecting my life or my families life, which to me is what the practice of martial arts truly amounts to... you can all buy your tapout clothing, pump your fist, and think your the baddest mother****er there is on the planet, but **** with me and my family and i'll tear your god-****ed throat out as i tie your ****ing arms into a bavarian pretzel. :)

Lucas
03-04-2010, 03:07 PM
thats a good mindset to have. mine is: stabby stabby stabby cut cut stabby stabby

uki
03-04-2010, 03:14 PM
thats a good mindset to have. mine is: stabby stabby stabby cut cut stabby stabbythat won't work in a McMA fight. :rolleyes:

Lucas
03-04-2010, 03:24 PM
that won't work in a McMA fight. :rolleyes:

of course not, luckily i wont be in any mma fights any time soon.

uki
03-04-2010, 03:34 PM
of course not, luckily i wont be in any mma fights any time soon.lucky for them... sometimes i muse just going to fight and see how long it takes for me to get disqualified. :D

Lucas
03-04-2010, 03:46 PM
lucky for them... sometimes i muse just going to fight and see how long it takes for me to get disqualified. :D

now thats just down right mean. i'd still pay to see it though, keep me updated. :eek:

oh ya, make sure and list your style as "mason juggler'

Dragonzbane76
03-04-2010, 06:22 PM
wise words... that's why when i train my martial art, i am practicing to break bones, dislocate joints, and tear faces off - i don't venture to entering a fight that is subject to a set of standards... if i am fighting, it's because i am protecting my life or my families life, which to me is what the practice of martial arts truly amounts to... you can all buy your tapout clothing, pump your fist, and think your the baddest mother****er there is on the planet, but **** with me and my family and i'll tear your god-****ed throat out as i tie your ****ing arms into a bavarian pretzel.

you must go through a lot of training partners then. you also must have a hell of a legal team to keep you out of jail. :rolleyes:

Why is there such hard feelings towards others who practice differing arts?
I agree to a point on the new fad that is MMA, there are a lot of idiots that think if they wear the gear then it qualifies them to 'kick a$$', yes they are idiots and don't appreciate the finer points. But on the other side of the spectrum you have the same idiots just dressed in pajamas, that think what they do qualifies them. It's all give and take in the end.

uki
03-04-2010, 06:52 PM
you must go through a lot of training partners then. you also must have a hell of a legal team to keep you out of jail.it's all about intent... i don't need to shoot someone to know i can. :)

Dragonzbane76
03-04-2010, 06:55 PM
hum... then how far does intent go, or how far will it take you?
Not that I don't agree with you to a point.

uki
03-04-2010, 06:57 PM
how far does intent go, or how far will it take you? as far as you intend to go. :)

MasterKiller
03-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Fatigue makes cowards of us all--Vince Lombardi.

uki
03-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Fatigue makes cowards of us all--Vince Lombardi.not to mention asthma. :)

David Jamieson
03-04-2010, 07:38 PM
wrestling is all fun and games til someone gets a boner.

MasterKiller
03-04-2010, 07:44 PM
http://www.unitednothing.net/site_images/Pictures/jiujitsu_is_gay1.gif

uki
03-05-2010, 05:01 AM
wrestling is all fun and games til someone gets a boner.that'd be one heck of a way to distract your opponent though!!! is it illegal to love tap your opponents ******?? LMAO!!! :p

KC Elbows
03-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Thread: But I didn't order a pizza!

Cue funky guitar.