PDA

View Full Version : Lift the sky / carry the moon

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 07:21 AM
These are two well known qigong practices that are simple and have terrific benefits.

who practices them?

taai gihk yahn
03-03-2010, 02:41 PM
These are two well known qigong practices that are simple and have terrific benefits.

who practices them?

pics might help, given the degree of variation, and also that there are multiple names for similar practices; for example, we have a "Propping Up the Sky" movement that is followed by a "Gazing At the Moon"; if these are the same as the ones you do, there's lots of stuff to talk about...

David Jamieson
03-03-2010, 03:01 PM
pics might help, given the degree of variation, and also that there are multiple names for similar practices; for example, we have a "Propping Up the Sky" movement that is followed by a "Gazing At the Moon"; if these are the same as the ones you do, there's lots of stuff to talk about...

yes indeed, it is also propping up the sky / dragon supports the heavens / lifting the sky/ and so on.

gaze at the moon might not be the same though.

carry the moon is like scooping it from the pond sort of movement.

bent at the hips forward from left to right scoop up and over while slightly bending back at the point where the lumbar and sacral vertebrae meet. pro;;y should use film or pics i guess what with all the names n such. :)

uki
03-03-2010, 03:43 PM
having seen the clairifying light... yes, i practice both of these movements or their variants on a sub-regular basis... you can also hold an iron ball in each hand while doing these exercises to add another dimension to the training. :)

Scott R. Brown
03-05-2010, 08:39 PM

I prefer:

1) Flip off the sky,

Immediately followed by

2) Pi$$ing on the moon!

Off course this should be practiced both right-handed and left-handed!

Northwind
03-05-2010, 10:40 PM
And then followed by I whoop your arse...

mooyingmantis
03-07-2010, 09:35 AM
I prefer:

1) Flip off the sky,

Immediately followed by

2) Pi$$ing on the moon!

LOL, you gave me a smile for the day! :D thx!

Richard

Shaolin
03-07-2010, 10:08 AM

who practices them?

Are you referring to the 8 section brocade?

kfson
03-16-2010, 06:41 AM
They sound similar to Yi Jin Jing, I think. Do they focus on any particular internal organ(s)?

David Jamieson
03-16-2010, 06:52 AM
Are you referring to the 8 section brocade?

No, I do a version of this and "lift the sky" is part of it, but I am referring to the actual single qigong.

They sound similar to Yi Jin Jing, I think. Do they focus on any particular internal organ(s)?

8 pieces has much in common with yi jin jing as well in some iterations of it. But no, not yi jin jing. I also practice that as well.

The two exercises together nourish liver and kidneys though and also cleanse the bowels.

mawali
03-16-2010, 06:58 AM
I prefer:

1) Flip off the sky,

Immediately followed by

2) Pi$$ing on the moon!

Be careful of pi$$ing on the moon as it might come back at yuh!