PDA

View Full Version : Several Questions for LawClansMan

olkat314
04-10-2000, 08:34 AM
Sifu Albright:

I'd be much obliged if you could satisfy me with a bit of knowledge...

1) What are some good mantis books out there? How would I obtain them? Furthermore, are there any books that catalogues major boxing styles? I'm interested in "No Trace Boxing" and want to learn more about it.

2) Are there any good teachers from the Chiu Chi Man lineage in London, England? Would the Chin Woo Association there teach the same forms?

3) If I learned Seven Star from, let's say, someone from Fan Xu Dong's lineage (and not going through Lo Gwong Yu's lineage), how different are the forms? How much did Lo Gwong Yu change it?

My e-mail address in olkat314@yahoo.com if you want to answer me directly.

Thank you so much.

Tak

LawClansman
04-10-2000, 11:49 PM
Tak,
The only books on 7 star mantis in english i can think of off hand are the 2 Lee Kam Wing books and the series by Paul Eng. If you cannot find them I can buy them here and send them to you. They are all good. There are some books that contain info on many types of styles and there are sold in Chinatown as well.

I don't know if we have anyone in England but I'll check.

Fan Yuk Dong's forms would be different as Law Gwong Yuk added and changed many sets quite a bit at the Jing Mo association.

------------------
Sifu Carl

tonglong
04-13-2000, 09:37 AM
I know you asked Sifu Albright but I have an answer for the question on the CCM lineage in the UK

Derek Freason has trained under Lee Kam Wing - I also know of a guy called Paul Tennet. He trained under Sifu Frearson.

There are a few of them from that lineage
The webaddress is http://www.itswa.freeserve.co.uk/7star_homepage.htm

There is a schools directory there. I have not trained with him but have seen some vids - he seems pretty good - and teaches in a very similar manner to Lee Kam Wing

Qi Xing Tong Long
04-13-2000, 07:56 PM
Tak, there is a Sifu in England who is under Lee Kam Wing Sifu, his name is Derek Frearson, here is his webpage address: http://www.itswa.freeserve.co.uk/7star_homepage.htm

Give him a call he can help you in your quest.

Peace

------------------
Ortiz Northern Shaolin Temple 7-Star Praying Mantis Chinese Boxing Academy