PDA

View Full Version : Tai Chi Praying Mantis

Paul Skrypichayko
04-13-2000, 02:51 AM
Hi, does anyone here practice, or have detailed info on Tai Chi Praying Mantis?

I practiced it for a few years under a questionable master, and would like to verify info with some of you out there.

Thanks

04-13-2000, 04:34 AM
Dude, be more specific.
What style mantis did you study under?

Paul Skrypichayko
04-13-2000, 05:12 AM
I studied tai chi praying mantis aka tai gik tong long kuen, taiji tang lang quan. The instructor that taught me learned from Chiu Chuk Kai while in Hong Kong and Saigon.

I know that Chiu Chuk Kai has a superb reputation, but has anyone heard of his student, Tom Ng (Ng Dai Mun)?

mantis108
04-13-2000, 07:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Skrypichayko:
Hi, does anyone here practice, or have detailed info on Tai Chi Praying Mantis?

Hi, Paul

You are not alone, I'm a Tai Chi Praying Mantis practitioner too. I did have the good fortune of stduying under Si-gung (Grandmaster) Chui. He passed away in 1991. My mentor is Galen Fok. While I was in HK, I have the chance to practice with Galen's peers. They poperly will know who your Sifu is. Yes Si-gung had a lot of students and Grandstudents in many countries. Galen is based in Vancouver. He is currently in HK. If you like to contact me my e-mail is sifu1@internorth.com. I'm currently teaching in Yellowknife, NWT.

I practiced it for a few years under a questionable master, and would like to verify info with some of you out there.

Please feel free to contact me for info of Tai Chi Praying Mantis.

Mantis108
Thanks[/quote]

mantis108
04-15-2000, 12:57 AM
In case anyone from Grandmaster CHUI Chuk kai's lineage or interested to know more about Tai Chi Praying Mantis, please free feel to e-mail me at sifu1@internorth.com.

Mantis108

mantisk
04-15-2000, 12:42 PM
Hello Paul,
As a matter of fact, I know of a sifu in NYC who studied under master chiu chuk kai in Hong kong. for further information you may look up www.northernmantis.com (http://www.northernmantis.com)

Good luck with your search for the TRUTH.

Joe@oakcreek
04-21-2000, 12:50 PM
I have beeen practicing Tai Chi mantis for about 5 years in Walnut Creek, CA under Sifu Won Lam Ling. Our school is associated with the Chiu Chuk Kai Tai Chi Mantis Federation. We have a banquet every year in August in Oakland to honor Si-Gung. Sifus and Students from all over the U.S. and Canada show up. There is also a demonstration. During the week following there is also a seminar at Master paul Eng's school i Campbell, CA .
Usually Sifus from Boston lead the seminar.
As a Tai Chi Mantis student you might be welcome to the banquet but I'm not sure. I could find out.

Phuc Carem
01-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Your Master is not questionable, he is skilled in Mei Hua Tang Lang Quan/Tai Chi Supreme Mantis Boxing.

Radplaiddude
01-24-2006, 07:35 AM
Are you refering to the Sifu in Va. Bing Dang?

TaichiMantis
01-24-2006, 09:42 AM
This is a very old thread. He probably already got his answer via pm.