PDA

View Full Version : Training In The Boxing Drill

Qi Xing Tong Long
04-13-2000, 06:38 AM
Hello list, I will like to share a drill that is designed to develope your traditional classical fighting in your mantis. I will break this drill into two parts, A) & B):

Training In The Boxing II Jim Lim/Sao Concept

Please keep in mind that as you do this drill, the idea is to keep a circle type motion against each others techniques. Keep all the techniques as sharp as possible paying close attention to your foundation in order to execute power correctly.

You also want to train your sense of touch.
As you get comfortable with the techniques increase the speed of attack and counter attack, but please don't sacrifice technique
for speed. Enjoy and please let me know how it works out for you.

A) 1-Step right foot forward into a bow and arrow stance, right hand roundhouse backfist.

2-Left hand wipe, step right foot into horse stance, right punch.

3-Shift into right bow/arrow stance, left hand down palm strike, right hand two finger jab.

4-Shift into right twist stance, right hand mantis feeler grab, left elbow upward strike.

B) 1-Step into a right foot false stance (similar to a tiger riding stance, but the whole foot rest on floor),right hand forearm strike.

2-Step towards the right into a tiger riding stance (r-supporting,l-resting)left hand feelers catch.

3-Step towards the right into a left bow/arrow stance, left hand high block (kwa)

4-Left bow/arrow stance, shuffle forward left punch.
(repeat by exchanging sides A) becomes b) etc. Continue the circle as long as possible do not break the rhythm as you exchange sides back and forth.)

Peace

------------------
Ortiz Northern Shaolin Temple 7-Star Praying Mantis Chinese Boxing Academy

tonglong
04-13-2000, 09:32 AM
Sifu Oritz

thanks for sharing. I have been prncing around in front of my computer trying to work that out - I think I'm there!

cheers

Matt

Qi Xing Tong Long
04-13-2000, 07:46 PM
Matt, you are welcome if you have any questions concerning this drill, please don't hesitate to ask.

Remember that this drill is to be done with another person and keep in mind the concept of "for every action there is a reaction".

Peace

------------------

Ng Shifu
04-13-2000, 09:27 PM
Excellent post!!!
Sharing and helping I feel is what it is really all about. There are far too many Sifu Bob Betterthenyous out there.
I commend you for your efforts.
Ng Shifu

Qi Xing Tong Long
04-15-2000, 06:50 AM
Ng Shifu,

Thank you, I hope you enjoy the drill as much as we have.

Peace

------------------