PDA

View Full Version : WCK short Jin why you can do it why you cant?

Hendrik
03-05-2010, 05:09 PM
As the topic,

WCK short jin why you can do it why you cant?

Some use the hammer and nail analogy, Some use the rooting.., Some use the Pivoting.....

can these above generate the short WCK jin?

Why yes? why no?

Care to share?

bennyvt
03-06-2010, 02:58 AM
short jing is using acceleration when striking to produce the most results in a short distance. Through learning how to do this short range power is acheived.

t_niehoff
03-06-2010, 05:40 AM
As the topic,

WCK short jin why you can do it why you cant?

Some use the hammer and nail analogy, Some use the rooting.., Some use the Pivoting.....

can these above generate the short WCK jin?

Why yes? why no?

Care to share?

You can't use analogies or metaphors to DO anything -- it is your body that performs, not your metaphors.

I think that looking at things from a "power generation" perspective isn't at all helpful. We aren't trying to generate power for the sake of generating power, but to DO something with power. The focus should be on that something -- the TASK we are trying to perform -- rather than some disembodied power. Performing different tasks requires different body mechanics, so there is no generalized power generation method, i.e., engine, that drives all our actions.

Hendrik
03-06-2010, 11:42 AM
short jing is using acceleration when striking to produce the most results in a short distance. Through learning how to do this short range power is acheived.

Great point, have you investigate and research into how to produce the fast acceleration ? or how is your lineage evoke that fast acceleration?

Care to share more?

Sardinkahnikov
03-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Well, even though my personal experience is very limited, I'll share the bits I've gathered:

As far as I understand, the power comes from the "horse" (your stance, your core, etc), mostly by sinking your hips in, bending your knees but keeping the joints of your leg "alive" - sorry, I don't know how else to describe it, but it's the same thing Tai Chi practitioners do when the use their stances, or so I'm told.

What happens, I think, is that sitting on the horse allows your to put your whole structure behind your movements. That is why, I believe, you need to bring your elbow in when you punch, for example, since it allows the arm movement to benefit from the power of the structure offered by the horse (YJKM or whatever). I suppose that is why they say the power comes from the ground and is transfered through your hands. That said, the muscles of your upper body are supposed to be completely relaxed, as to not jam the energy transfer.

In an internal level, I think that there is also supposed to be a breathing component; if I'm not mistaken, it envolves the proper use of the dan chen in breathing, but I guess it's better to leave this discussion to more knowledgeable people. But I'm told that the Siu Nim Tao form develops this aspect ("three hands for Buddha", I think the session is called).

Wow, this is getting long winded already. Sorry about it. Well, that's some of the stuff I could gather along my Wing Chun studies. I'm just a begginner, so keep in mind I'm not the most reliable source of Wing Chun knowledge ;)

Hendrik
03-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Check out on legs....

http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=997258&postcount=160

bennyvt
03-06-2010, 06:49 PM
We did have an acceleromator (sp?) hooked up to the computer to test it. But the idea is if you accelerate through the movement it should have more power. There are maths problem that explain it but Im not good with mass. force = mass X acceleration. The idea most use is more about momentum.