PDA

View Full Version : Bam !!!

sanjuro_ronin
03-09-2010, 09:01 AM
“Dream Team” of Scientists Offer Cause for Dinosaur Extinction

March 5, 2010

A “dream team” of 45 internationally recognized scientists have concluded that a massive asteroid that hit the earth 65.5 million years ago is the culprit for the extinction of the dinosaurs and other lost species. An estimated 7.5 mile-wide asteroid, traveling at an extremely fast speed hit the earth releasing a billion times more energy than the Hiroshima atom bomb. The impact alone triggered large wildfires, obliterated forests, and started massive earthquakes and tsunamis all over the world.

The asteroid is blamed for wiping out more than half of all species on Earth. The “H-T boundary dream team” research findings were published today, March 5, in the journal Science. Co-author and spokesman for the team, Kirk Johnson, said the impact “shrouded the planet in darkness and caused a global winter, killing off many species that couldn’t adapt to the hellish environment.”

More about the team’s discoveries can be read at LATimes.com.

Drake
03-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Wasn't that always the hypothesis?

sanjuro_ronin
03-09-2010, 09:06 AM

Yep, now, it seems, it is confirmed.

uki
03-09-2010, 12:51 PM
what a fascinating concept to base ones martial arts on. :)

SanHeChuan
03-09-2010, 12:56 PM

Two words; Meteor hammer.

Tao Of The Fist
03-09-2010, 01:02 PM

If your talking about meteors, it's already been done. Even Shaolin Do has their own Meteor Fist sets. (There is a real Meteor Fist style, but i know little about it.)

If you're talking about dinosaurs, the Power Rangers beat you to it. Although making a combined Dinosaur set would be interesting. Pachycephaosaurus for headbutts, Dinonychus for the kicking techniques, the armwork would be a tribute to the long necks of the sauropod families. But then again, it'd probably look just like every other kung fu style.

MasterKiller
03-09-2010, 01:06 PM
http://travelblog.sojournchurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dino-jesus.jpg

sanjuro_ronin
03-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Sorry guys, water beats all:

EDITED BY MASTERKILLER

Sorry, no nipples.

David Jamieson
03-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Sorry guys, water beats all:

EDITED BY MASTERKILLER

Sorry, no nipples.

bwahahahahahahaha!

pwned with the nipple!

sanjuro_ronin
03-10-2010, 06:50 AM
LOL !!
Of all people, you'd thing I would know better !!

Lucas
03-10-2010, 10:48 AM
i love how white jesus handles a dino mount.

David Jamieson
03-10-2010, 02:34 PM
i love how white jesus handles a dino mount.

well, he has to let the dino-mount know who's boss or it will get unruly and head for pastures of meatpods or something and won't listen to the rider.

if anybody knew how to handle a dino-mount, it was jesus.

Lucas
03-10-2010, 02:45 PM
well, he has to let the dino-mount know who's boss or it will get unruly and head for pastures of meatpods or something and won't listen to the rider.

if anybody knew how to handle a dino-mount, it was jesus.

word, i get all my dino riding skills from the jesus-dino-mount-handbook: first edition.

David Jamieson
03-10-2010, 02:49 PM
someone photoshop a cowboy hat onto jesus!

Stat!

Lucas
03-10-2010, 03:06 PM
lets just throw in a laso, some chaps, and a indian, cop, biker and construction worker....lol

Dragonzbane76
03-10-2010, 04:22 PM
whoever colored that has mad skills keeping in the lines. even added some extra sun in there.

http://travelblog.sojournchurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dino-jesus.jpg

Hardwork108
03-10-2010, 11:05 PM

It was, but some MMA knuckleheads had in the past claimed that the Gracie family had wiped out the dinosaurs.:p

Kansuke
03-11-2010, 02:24 AM
When's the asteroid coming for ******* poseurs like hw108? The end of the Larposaurus can't come soon enough.

uki
03-11-2010, 04:02 AM
If your talking about meteors, it's already been done. Even Shaolin Do has their own Meteor Fist sets. (There is a real Meteor Fist style, but i know little about it.)i was simply making a factual statement... meteors, comets, and shooting stars have been inspiring mankind for thousands of years...

If you're talking about dinosaurs, the Power Rangers beat you to it. Although making a combined Dinosaur set would be interesting. Pachycephaosaurus for headbutts, Dinonychus for the kicking techniques, the armwork would be a tribute to the long necks of the sauropod families. But then again, it'd probably look just like every other kung fu style.the big difference is intent... there is a difference in how your form movements will manifest if you are visualizing dinosaurs... LOL... i was watching "jurrasic park" the other night with the kids and it reminded me that dinosaurs are nothing more than big, featherless "birds" as far as general movements are concerned.

either way, it's all about power and destruction. :D

Dragonzbane76
03-11-2010, 04:28 AM
It was, but some MMA knuckleheads had in the past claimed that the Gracie family had wiped out the dinosaurs.

was so nice around here without your dumba$$ comments every other page. Someone ban him or something.

SoCo KungFu
03-12-2010, 12:19 AM
i was simply making a factual statement... meteors, comets, and shooting stars have been inspiring mankind for thousands of years...
the big difference is intent... there is a difference in how your form movements will manifest if you are visualizing dinosaurs... LOL... i was watching "jurrasic park" the other night with the kids and it reminded me that dinosaurs are nothing more than big, featherless "birds" as far as general movements are concerned.

either way, it's all about power and destruction. :D

They're actually, in some cases, starting to rethink that whole featherless part actually. Something about genetic evidence linking scales to feathers.

Hardwork108
03-12-2010, 04:13 PM
When's the asteroid coming for ******* poseurs like hw108? The end of the Larposaurus can't come soon enough.

Sorry Dave Ross, I should have said that many Knuckleheads believe that it was the "New York San Duh!" disciples who finished off the dinosaurs.

Lucas
03-12-2010, 05:19 PM
everyone knows it was chuck norris that caused the dinosaur extinction. hell, they're lucky he let them roam for as long as he did.

David Jamieson
03-16-2010, 05:35 AM
I would also like to add, that the whole 6000 years thing is wrong no matter how you slice it.

so, here's why.

even if you argued straight out of the bible that number is wrong.
therefor someone has been regurgitating the error over and over again which is not uncommon in religious sanctimony and pomposity. lol :)

In the bible, 1 of gods days is said to take a thousand years. So, if we are going to be literal here it took 7000 years before the earth was done.

add to that, the written histories and we add another 5000 years for about 12000 years all together.

Where this 6000 year old earth idea comes from is just bad arithmetic even if it is based on fairy tale arithmetic!

ok, so, moving on...

sanjuro_ronin
03-16-2010, 05:40 AM
Old earth, new earth, I never understood those guys hostility to what we already now to be as close to fact as possible.
Heck I am a christian and I have no issues with evolution at all, and I am far from alone on this.

SoCo KungFu
03-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Old earth, new earth, I never understood those guys hostility to what we already now to be as close to fact as possible.
Heck I am a christian and I have no issues with evolution at all, and I am far from alone on this.

The problem is most people don't really understand what evolution actually is. That's the issue when you got people with half knowledge writing on subjects and that flawed information becomes "common" knowledge. Evolution is simply change over time, nothing more nor less. Evolution isn't necessarily progressive, simple doesn't always become more advanced and the new doesn't necessarily replace the old. Its simply a matter of what works. But every one of those misconceptions are common-place.

Really, religion and evolution go very nicely together. I think a lot of people tend to try to put god in places it/he/she/whatever has no place in being. Then they think because there is some missing piece then it must be god. Then when that link is found its like we somehow are trying to disprove it/he/she/whatever's existence. Which isn't the case, science doesn't put god anywhere and aren't trying to prove/disprove anything. In fact no legitimate scientist would ever say they "proved" something, because it goes against basic scientific principle. The object is just to collect data and formulate some sort of interpretation. Whatever is found, leads to new questions. That's why nothing is concrete (even though we all may know it to be true). Of course even with scientists, there's still the human factor, and we all want to be right.

sanjuro_ronin
03-19-2010, 04:58 AM
The problem is most people don't really understand what evolution actually is. That's the issue when you got people with half knowledge writing on subjects and that flawed information becomes "common" knowledge. Evolution is simply change over time, nothing more nor less. Evolution isn't necessarily progressive, simple doesn't always become more advanced and the new doesn't necessarily replace the old. Its simply a matter of what works. But every one of those misconceptions are common-place.

Really, religion and evolution go very nicely together. I think a lot of people tend to try to put god in places it/he/she/whatever has no place in being. Then they think because there is some missing piece then it must be god. Then when that link is found its like we somehow are trying to disprove it/he/she/whatever's existence. Which isn't the case, science doesn't put god anywhere and aren't trying to prove/disprove anything. In fact no legitimate scientist would ever say they "proved" something, because it goes against basic scientific principle. The object is just to collect data and formulate some sort of interpretation. Whatever is found, leads to new questions. That's why nothing is concrete (even though we all may know it to be true). Of course even with scientists, there's still the human factor, and we all want to be right.

As I have been reading more about the facts of the history between science and religion I see that the whole conflict never truly was, the cases of Galileo for example, were blown out of proportion and religion was, for many centuries, sciences biggest supporter.
I think that, when scienctists started to make the claim of "no god" as opposed to just stick to the facts, that is when the rift started.

SoCo KungFu
03-19-2010, 01:50 PM
As I have been reading more about the facts of the history between science and religion I see that the whole conflict never truly was, the cases of Galileo for example, were blown out of proportion and religion was, for many centuries, sciences biggest supporter.
I think that, when scienctists started to make the claim of "no god" as opposed to just stick to the facts, that is when the rift started.

Early scientists were usually one of two groups, either the grossly wealthy or the clergy. After all they had all the time of the day to do whatever they wanted.

As far as no god, everyone has an interpretation. Really its hard to separate philosophy from either science or religion, especially when you get into areas where there is little to no concrete data. People were bound to question god eventually. Still, I think its ridiculous that religious groups are willing to throw out the entirety of scientific thought at times simply to facilitate one angle (proving god).

People and their extremes. Sometimes there is a lot of peace in one outlook, "I don't know." And really, nor do I care.