PDA

View Full Version : What is the diff between China sanshou and the rest of the world

jungle-mania
03-09-2010, 06:10 PM
What is the main difference in the training philosophy between China and the rest of the world when it comes to sanshou? I was told by my friend from China that most people outside of China compete more like kickboxers with throws thrown into the mix.

I am not particularly sure how to define in words the difference, but training with him clearly showed me there is a difference. Even though most of the techniques may be the same, but the approach is something totally different and I cannot put a finger on it as to why it is so?

Anyone here care to shed some light on it?

pazman
03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
I wouldn't let anyone fool you into thinking Sanshou isn't "kickboxing with throws mixed in".

Where did you friend train?

jungle-mania
03-14-2010, 03:15 AM
He is from Shanxi. I met another fighter from Shandong too, clearly fought in a similar fashion. I am not saying the rest of the world cannot fight or even win over China in Sanshou (besides it has already happen more than once), but there is a certain level of difference, which I am trying to pinpoint in words.