PDA

View Full Version : pacquiao vs. clottey

Dragonzbane76
03-15-2010, 04:47 AM
anyone watch the fight this weekend?
wondering what everyone thought if they caught it.

Vajramusti
03-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Saw-seeing the replay- glad that I had the good sense not to shell out for PPV. Pacquaio was energetic but couldn't get through Clottey's guard. Many of the few punches that Clottey threw landed.
Manny has a mouse under one eye and can't/couldn't knock Clottey out. By constantly advancing Clottey muffled most of Manny's punches. All round bad show.

joy chaudhuri

Three Harmonies
03-21-2010, 07:55 AM
I agree with Joy. Pac Man is going to get his ass handed to him by Mayweather IF they ever fight!

ManilaCrane
03-21-2010, 12:14 PM
First of all, i will have to politely disagree with comments. The way i see it, Pacquiao was dominant in the ring. Clottey, on the other hand, was always on guard 90 pct of the time and can't take risks to even try to take down Pac Man. Obviously, Pacquiao can't get a clean KO shot since Clottey is always turtling most of the time. As for Mayweather, let's see if he can even try to combat Pacquiao's speed and power if he ever faces him.

Pork Chop
03-21-2010, 12:24 PM
I agree with Joy. Pac Man is going to get his ass handed to him by Mayweather IF they ever fight!

we're going to have to agree to disagree here.
clottey was over 157 come fight night.
no shame in not being able to knock out a guy that outweighs you by over 10lbs and spends the whole fight hiding behind his guard.
i was shocked at some of those body shots pac was digging in.
clottey's probably been pizzing blood the last week.

as far as mayweather, i'm not so sure he's going to make it past mosely- the man made him stutter, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unbw6RK-wzM&feature=player_embedded) and you know he's been wetting his bed nightly at the prospect of facing Pac.
maybe he'll do like he did with cotto or oscar 2 and retire.

as a pac fan, though, i'm not sure pac can beat mosely. i just don't get a good feeling about that fight and i understand avoiding him in the short term.
if shane beats floyd, then yeah, shane & pac is the fight i wanna see.

Vajramusti
03-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi Folks- it's ok to disagree. You make your judgments the best you can.

joy chaudhuri