PDA

View Full Version : Sifu Ng Wah Sum passed away

Sihing73
03-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Hello All,

I was just notified that my Sikung Ng Wah Sum passed away in China last Wednesday. His body will be brought back to Hong Kong this Wednesday. The date of funeral has yet to be determined.

I only met Sikung once but was inspired by his ability and good nature. He will be sorely missed.

Phil Redmond
03-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Hello All,

I was just notified that my Sikung Ng Wah Sum passed away in China last Wednesday. His body will be brought back to Hong Kong this Wednesday. The date of funeral has yet to be determined.

I only met Sikung once but was inspired by his ability and good nature. He will be sorely missed.
My condolences Dave.

Sihing73
03-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Hi PHil,

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts.

I really feel for Sifu Chow as he and Sikung had a great relationship.

I guess it is to be expected that those who have been in the system for so long are slowly passing on, still it is sad to see those of that level leave us.

All the best.

Ultimatewingchun
03-17-2010, 05:24 PM
My condolences.

Sihing73
03-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Thank you Victor it is appreciated.

David Peterson
03-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Sincere condolences on your loss, Dave...

...and my thoughts go out to all the Friends and Family and Students who knew and loved him.

DMP

stonecrusher69
03-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Sorry to hear of the sad news Dave..Perhaps you can share something of your late sigung..I don't know much about him.

MIke

Vajramusti
03-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Sorry to hear of the sad news Dave..Perhaps you can share something of your late sigung..I don't know much about him.

MIke

---------------------------------------------------
Good idea Dave. Sorry to hear of his passing. I heard it else where earlier- didn't know that was your sigung.

joy chaudhuri

dfl
03-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Hello All,

I had the good fortune of sharing a few meals with him, the most recent one being a couple of months ago, when he appeared to be in good health. He always had great stories to tell of Yip Man, Leung Sheung, and Wing Chun. I shall miss him.
RIP

yellow aster
03-19-2010, 06:04 AM
I had the great pleasure to meet him during a trip to Hong Kong and he was indeed a great sifu and very loved by his students. RIP

Sihing73
03-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Hello All,

Many thanks for those who have expressed their sympathy. I am sorry that I do not have more information to share.

I can tell you that Sikung was known as "lightning hands" for the speed of his Fak Sau. I know that he was a very joyous person who was highly skilled in Wing Chun. He had a great relationship with my Sifu, Chung Kwok Chow and I am attaching a photo which may sum up his personality.

lightninghands
04-06-2010, 09:24 AM
I am a decendent of Si Gung Ng Wah Sum via Sifu Chung Kwok Chow and Sifu Kevin Becker.

I was very sad to hear this news. I always heard stories of Si Gung Ng Wah Sum, and wished I could have met him and offered my respect.

As the old generation passes on, we can only hope that we are doing their memory justice in our current training and spread of the system they shared with us.

Thanks for posting this message.

Dave, I was at Sifu's gathering last year but did not get to meet personally.

Best regards to you and to those who knew Si Gung well.

Train hard and seek what the masters sought.

-Sifu Andy DiGuiseppi
http://www.ctwingchun.com
http://www.chisao.com
http://www.wingchunclan.com

Sihing73
04-08-2010, 07:38 AM
Hello Andy,

I am sorry we did not meet at the gathering, I did not go to dinner as I was picking up my kids and bringing them to live with me and my time was limited. I am glad I got to meet SiKung though.

Please pass on my regards to Kevin. I hope all is well.

I am going to try and get up to see Sifu in another month or so, perhaps we can have lunch when I am in town, although as a student of Kevin I am thinking you are in CT.

lightninghands
04-09-2010, 06:19 AM
Hi Dave,

Yes I'm in CT. Sifu Kevin actually passed away last January from the brain tumor he was struggling with for nearly 10 years. It grew back 4 times.

Any way, he's up there rolling hands with Sifu Ng Wah Sum, Ip Man, and Bruce Lee ::))
At least I like to think so.

He taught me the original Ng Wah Sum forms as Sifu Chow originally taught, prior to the creation of IWC. have you had the chance to learn these forms?

I'd love to connect when you're in town. I'm trying to get the time to visit Sifu Chow at his Westport class location. But I have 2 super little kids who take most of my extra time.

Any way, you're a very fortunate person to have met Si Gung Ng Wah Sum.

Best regards,
-Andy

Sihing73
04-09-2010, 06:37 AM
Hello Andy,

I am sorry to hear about Kevin, I know he struggled for a long time. Depending on your faith, he is in a better place. At least the pain is gone. I like your thinking, he is probably rolling hands in heaven.

I only met Sikung once and it was brief, however he seemed to be full of life and joy. I know that he had a great impact on his students and they are the better for it.

I will let you know when I get to town. I am a single parent with three girls so I know how time can be monopolized by family ;)

Take care and all the best.

lightninghands
04-09-2010, 07:42 AM
email me off board and lets stay in touch.

wingchunkuentao@gmail.com

thanks for your kind words.

All the best,
-Andy

Hardwork108
07-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Hello All,

Condolences to you and your kung fu family, Sihing73.