PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Chan's franchises

GeneChing
03-17-2010, 09:38 AM
I just received a copy of Little Big Soldier (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52569). Hopefully I can watch it tonight. :)

Heeere's Jackie (http://www.globaltimes.cn/www/english/metro-beijing/lifestyle/fashion&shopping/2010-03/513574.html)
* Source: Global Times
* [00:02 March 17 2010]
By Chen Dujuan

Shortly before Spring Festival, word got out that Hong Kong martial arts star Jackie Chan would open the first theater in his cinema franchise in West Beijing on February 8. Boasting 17 screens, 3,500 seats total and occupying 15,000 square meters of the fifth and sixth floors of Le Mall, north of Wukesong Stadium, it takes the ticket as the largest movie theater in China.

Starting with the preview of Little Big Soldier, starring none other than Jackie Chan, the theater has been in trial operations up to now; the grand opening is scheduled for April, according to Yang Jie, the marketing assistant of Jackie Chan Yaolai International Cinema and Sparkle Roll Group Limited (based in Hong Kong). They chose the west-side location, Yang said, because "the company aims to offer more luxurious options in West Beijing and the place has convenient transportation, both subway and bus."

On March 6, to celebrate box office yields of 136 million yuan for his latest flick, Chan and his movie team came to the theater to show their gratitude to his fans and the media in a press event where Chan, appar-ently unfazed by the film's success, sought constructive feedback from the audience, saying, "For a long time, what I've heard is all praise and approval; I don't even see online criticism. I hope audiences can find my shortcomings to criticize me, so that I can make better efforts."

The event took place in the largest theater, with 599 seats and a 24-meter-wide screen over a hydraulic stage. "The stage was designed for holding concerts and activities such as movie promotions," Yang noted.

Not so subtle

It's pretty obvious upon arrival who's behind the theater's opening. Evidence of Chan is endemic, with "Jackie Chan Theater" etched thousands of times on just about ev-erything, Rush Hour posters on the walls and an Action Jackie mannequin dangling from the ceiling, perilously close to the blades of a replica helicopter.

After letting his audience wait for half an hour, Chan arrived on stage to cheers. "I'm happy to gather with the media and audience friends in our home," he enthused to the over-packed house.

These shows can never just get going, however. The crowd was first subjected to Vitas' "Opera 2," performed by Hei Ni of the CCTV "Star Boulevard" program. Cue the warm applause again.

This was followed by university student debate teams arguing about the conclusion of Chan's film and whether or not his character should have died or not – spoiler alert: for the first time in one of his film's, Chan's character does indeed die – with plenty of interjection from the man himself, who may have bitten off more than he could chew in this economy when he said, "All of you are very eloquent. If you graduate and need to find a job, I welcome all of you to work for my company." Then again, maybe he was talking about serving up popcorn and taking tickets in the theater.

The activity culminated when Chan, ever the performer, sang the theme song of the movie, "Rape Flowers," with a bouquet of the blossoms in his well-muscled hand.

Checking out the big screen

Afterward, guests were treated to a viewing of Chan's 1989 film Miracle. Lu Shaoke, 27, a freelance film critic, told Lifestyle, "I was sitting in the 12th row, and I felt the effects were satisfactory. The scale of the screen was the same or even bigger than some IMAX ones. It's only regretful they don't have actually have IMAX."

Except for that flaw, the cinema is the first of its size and kind to be equipped with top-end 2K digital motion picture projectors from the United States in all screening rooms; it also has film cameras from Italy in five rooms. Some of the screening rooms are wheelchair acccessible, and five offer free hearing aids to the hearing impaired, according to Yang, who also said that 15 more cinemas are scheduled to open within the year, in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. Each will be themed with one or two of Chan's movies.

Chan explained his decision to open the cinema to the Beijing Times back in Febru-ary: "The Chinese film industry developed so fast in recent years, so I hope more audiences can walk into cinemas to support its development. I have a plan for the nation to see good quality movies in good quality cinemas, so we plan to offer low ticket prices here."

However, Yang told Lifestyle, "The price level isn't determined yet. It's always decided by cinema circuit, so probably the price will be comparable to other cinemas in town. But I believe the good visual and sound effects can make this place a better value for its price."

Address: 5-6/F, Le Mall, No. 69 Yuyuantan Nanlu, Haidian District 海淀区玉渊潭南路69号华熙乐茂商城5-6层

Tel: 6818-8036

GeneChing
04-29-2010, 11:28 AM
We so need one of these for our work here.

Jackie Chan-edition EOS 550D probably won't do stunts (http://asia.cnet.com/2010/04/28/jackie-chan-edition-eos-550d-probably-won-t-do-stunts/)
Leonard Goh | Apr 28, 2010

The bundle of the Eye of the Dragon EOS 550D. (Credit: Canon China)

What can lock eyes with the baddies, perform death-defying jumps, leap off tall buildings (and helicopters) and save a little girl while wearing an amicable smile? Jackie Chan? Spot-on! Who better to flash that million-dollar smile for the camera?

Enter the Eye of Dragon EOS 550D released by Canon China, with gold accents around the camera's name and logo near the hotshoe. The US$1,450 package will also come with a specially designed camera strap and leather case. And, instead of the usual 18-55mm kit lens, the snapper will ship with the 18-135mm glass. Did we also mention there's a Jackie Chan photo album bundled as well?

Strictly for fans of the action auteur, only 2,010 sets of the Eye of Dragon EOS 550D are produced. Just remember that the camera's warranty doesn't cover damage caused by stunts.

GeneChing
04-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Jackie's got bank.

Jackie Chan tops Forbes China Celebrity List (http://life.globaltimes.cn/entertainment/2010-04/527809.html)
* Source: Global Times
* [15:34 April 30 2010]

Hong Kong movie star Jackie Chan ranks number one in the recently released Forbes China Celebrity List of 2010. Taiwanese musician Jay Chou and Hong Kong singer and actor Andy Lau are in hot pursuit.

Chan, who held a concert in Beijing's Bird Nest in May 2009, became the first artist to perform in the National Stadium. Jay Chou didn't receive good reviews for his movies, but he got more attention for his work in the Hollywood film The Green Hornet with American actress Cameron Diaz. Meanwhile, Lau has starred in three movies, but his secret marriage to Carol Zhu that was exposed grabbed headlines.

Basketball forward Yao Ming continues to lead the list of celebrities from the Chinese mainland and actress Zhang Ziyi ranks fourth with 25 cover stories. Skit and sitcom actor Zhao Benshan is in the fifth place.

Writer Guo Jingming who edits Top Novel magazine is in 58th spot, while writer, blogger and racecar driver Han Han is 74th.

According to Forbes Chinese edition, the two standards for ranking celebrities are personal income and media exposure rate which is judged from 28 popular newspapers, 18 nationwide TV programs and cover stories in 29 magazines.

GeneChing
05-14-2010, 11:52 AM
The future is Chollywood (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57225) and Jackie at the forefront.

Jackie Chan plans turbo-charged slate (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/asia/news/e3i056525c4efa8dd6ffafa7425e0eaee68)
Eight films and two TV dramas in the works
By Gregg Kilday and David Morgan
May 13, 2010, 02:00 PM ET

CANNES -- With projects ranging from a martial arts film that reflects the spirit of his 1978 hit "Drunken Master" to movies designed to showcase rising talent like actress Lin Peng, Jackie Chan is embarking on an ambitious slate of films and TV shows that will play out over the next few years.

Chan will not be visiting the Croisette this year: He's assisting earthquake relief efforts in China and next month will be busy with promotional chores for "The Karate Kid," which Sony Pictures launches in the U.S. on June 11.

But his reps are busy here showing distributors the lineup of projects to be produced by Chan's JC Group China and his Jackie & JJ Prods.

The slate encompasses eight features and two TV dramas. Chan himself will star in four of the films and produce another four projects built around new filmmakers and stars.

First up for Chan himself is the martial arts film "Drunken Master 1945." Though neither a remake nor sequel to Chan's 1978 hit "Drunken Master," the new film is intended to capture the martial arts spirit that the earlier film also celebrated.

Mak Sui Fai, the co-writer and co-director of 2002's "Infernal Affairs," will helm the project, budgeted at $15 million, which is aiming to start shooting in February.

At the same time, Chan will be shepherding several other projects as producer.

Beginning in August, Steve Woo will direct "The Break-Up Artist," a Chinese Mandarin-language romantic comedy about a young woman who runs an agency that helps couples break up. The $2 million project will star Lin, who walked the red carpet on opening night, and who plays the female lead in Chan's latest film "Little Big Soldier." The Chinese actress was first introduced to a worldwide audience when Zhang Yimou invited her to participate in the opening ceremony of the 2008 Olympic Games.

Woo also directed the similarly titled 2009 English-language film, "The Break-Up Artist," starring Amanda Crew. But he doesn't consider the new version a remake, since he's adding new elements and lining up famous guest appearances for the film.

The other projects in which Chan plans to star are:

-- "Cambodia Landmine," an action/comedy/drama, to be directed by "Little Big Soldier's" Ding Sheng. The $25 million production is scheduled to shoot in Cambodia in February 2012.

-- "Tiger Mountain," a Mandarin-language action drama, to be directed by Tsui Siu Ming. Budgeted at $50 million and set to begin production in October 2012, the film will boast 3D special effects.

-- "Manhattan," a $55 million action suspenser in both Mandarin and English, which Chan will both star in and direct is slated for January 2013. It is filming in both China and the U.S.

"Jackie also wants to promote new directors," said Ramy Choi, director of acquisitions and distribution for Jackie Chan Theater International.

In addition to "Break-Up," Chan will produce a second film from Woo, the romance "Letter With No Return," set for an October shoot on a $2 million budget, and the suspense pic, "Magic Master," starring Ge You, for which a director is still being sought in anticipation of a February start.

Additionally, Chan's exhibition chain is expanding its footprint in China. Jackie Chan Theater already has opened 17 theaters and is looking to roll out as many as 65.

GeneChing
08-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Bad shampoo Bawang (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/member.php?u=31667). Bad. :p

Jackie Chan breaks silence on 'cancer shampoo' (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainment/view/1074381/1/.html)
Posted: 10 August 2010 1234 hrs

SHANGHAI: International star Jackie Chan has broken his silence on the allegedly cancer-causing Bawang brand hair shampoo that he endorses.

During an appearance at the Shanghai International Film Prototype Art Charity Auction on Sunday, the action star said: "Incidents like this, where shampoos are reported to have problems, are not new. Someone is trying to harm me and Bawang. It's like when I make a film, my opponents will surely say it is bad. This is very common."

Hong Kong media had reported in July that samples of Bawang brand Chinese medicated shampoo and products from its Royal Wind brand had been tested and found to contain 1,4-Dioxane, which is classified by the US Department of Health and Human Services as a probable carcinogen (cancer-causing agent).

These negative reports caused a public outcry and even resulted in Bawang's stocks being suspended from trading in Hong Kong after its share price dived by almost 18 per cent at one point.

Chan, the spokesperson for the Bawang shampoo which claims to have anti-hair loss properties, and Chinese singer Faye Wong, the spokesperson for Royal Wind, had also come under fire for endorsing the allegedly harmful products.

Due to legislation passed last year, they may be legally liable if the product one endorses is not up to scratch.

When asked why he took so long to tell his side of the story, Chan explained that he did not want to add fuel to the fire and believed that the truth would eventually come to light.

"Now the regulatory bodies have already issued statements that the shampoo passed their standards, so these rumours have been refuted without anyone having to take any action," Chan added.

"I have always been very careful with what products I endorse. But there are some media who are specifically gunning for me and a few other artistes, I am not sure why, as though it is better that we all just died."

Bawang had previously issued a succinct statement to clear the air on the matter and said that Dioxane is present in numerous other household products.

The Guangzhou-based shampoo manufacturer, which had been operating since 1989, also explained that the levels of Dioxane found in its shampoo is well below international safety guidelines and did not pose any sort of health risk to consumers.

- CNA/ha

GeneChing
08-24-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure this author is fully aware of the massive holdings of Jackie Chan. We've really only touched on it here. This article feels like a western lens trying to make sense of the Asian celebrity market, but that's really apples and oranges. The concluding examples of Gifford's sweat shops and Diddy's dog fur don't apply at all in China. Just think about it. That's a completely negligible issue on the other side of the Pacific.

Jackie Chan: From Kung Fu Win to Commercial Fail? (http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/jackie-chan-kung-fu-win-commercial-fail/story?id=11461785)
Jackie Chan Hawks a Slew of Goods in China, but Some Threaten to Hurt His Reputation
By SHEILA MARIKAR
Aug. 24, 2010

On the big screen, Jackie Chan is usually the guy who brings the pain. But with his latest ventures, he might be the one getting hurt.

A slew of products sold in China bearing his name, smile and seal of approval have proven defective, prone to explosion, and in one case, potentially damaging to consumers' health. The phenomenon has a name: the "Jackie Chan curse."

According to The Los Angeles Times, recently, a type of air conditioner that Chan hawked reportedly blew up. In July, rumors swirled that the Bawang-brand anti-hair-loss shampoo the raven-haired action icon advertised could contain carcinogens.

Chan's representatives did not immediately respond to ABCNews.com's requests for comment.

The face of the Hong Kong-born Chan, 56, may be more familiar in China than any other. In May, the Chinese edition of Forbes magazine ranked him as 2010's No. 1 celebrity, thanks in part to his many movies (his latest -- "The Karate Kid;" his most popular -- 1998's "Rush Hour") and his prominent role in Beijing's 2008 Olympic games, where he sang during the closing ceremonies.

In his homeland, he's no mere celebrity. Chan serves as a spokesperson for the Government of Hong Kong. Construction of a Jackie Chan museum is underway in Shanghai.

Given his larger-than-life status, it's doubtful Chan's career will suffer because of a few product snafus.

"It's a doubled edged sword for him," said Russell Flannery, Forbes magazine senior editor and Shanghai bureau chief. Although the defective branded products have generated bad press, Flannery said it would not have an impact on Chan's marketing power due to his record of longevity.

"In the long term, he'll rise above it," Flannery said.

But the tale of the "Jackie Chan curse" serves as a lesson to all famous folks trying to turn their moniker and mug into a brand name:

1. Stick to what makes sense. From frozen dumplings to Canon cameras, it seems little falls outside the realm of products Chan is willing to pimp. But as the old, awfully appropriate saying goes, "Jack of all trades, master of none."

"From a celebrity standpoint, the shotgun approach works because they want to diversify, they want to be as widespread as possible so that if one thing fails, you might not even notice it," said consumer marketing expert Marshal Cohen, chief industry analyst with the NPD Group. "But from a business perspective, from a partnership perspective, you're absolutely better off sticking with something that connects with the celebirty."

It's why Lindsay Lohan should stick to hawking leggings and Martha Stewart can keep on keepin' on with the home improvement kit and kaboodle. In Chan's case: martial arts DVDs makes sense; anti virus software, not so much.

2. Do due dilligence. Maybe Chan can breeze past the Bawang blunder for now, but if he's not careful, he could go the way of celebrity hawkers gone bad. "Kathie Lee Gifford almost got run out of the industry because of her issue with sweat shops and child labor laws," Cohen noted. "Sean 'Diddy' Combs was invovled with animal fur with his Sean Jean line -- they were using dog and calling it fake fur."

This article has some great vids of Jackie's ads.

GeneChing
08-27-2010, 04:24 PM
If Jackie Chan says it's good — well, get a second opinion (http://articles.latimes.com/2010/aug/23/business/la-fi-chan-curse-20100823)
The movie star has endorsed tons of products, some of which fail spectacularly. One Chinese newspaper called him 'a man who can destroy anything.'
August 23, 2010|By David Pierson, Los Angeles Times

Reporting from Beijing — Judging from billboards and television commercials in China, film star Jackie Chan has never met a product he wouldn't endorse. Travel the country and you'll see the Hong Kong native's handsome visage hawking electric bikes, anti-virus software, even frozen dumplings.

But although the Chan name has translated to big bucks at the box office, not every product he touches turns to gold. In fact, when news broke last month that an anti- hair-loss shampoo he promoted allegedly contained carcinogens, Chinese cyberspace and media were buzzing about the "Jackie Chan curse."

Consider the auto repair school that Chan plugged to aspiring Chinese mechanics: It became enmeshed in a diploma scandal. Another of his sponsors, a maker of video compact discs, went bankrupt and saw its manager jailed for fraud. An educational computer that Chan pitched to children called the Subor Learning Machine flopped. And a cola he quaffed named Fenhuang fizzled.

More recently, an air-conditioner brand that Chan promoted was hit by a report that one of its units exploded. Media wags couldn't resist invoking the Jackie jinx.

"He has become the coolest spokesperson in history," said an editorial in Oriental Guardian, a Nanjing newspaper. "A man who can destroy anything."

In the U.S., companies have learned the hard way about the risks of using celebrities to pitch their products. Philandering cost Lakers star Kobe Bryant and golfer Tiger Woods millions in lost endorsements.

But rather than personal scandals, Chan's difficulties stem from his willingness to shill just about anything, including well-known global brands (Canon cameras), obscure regional products (Sinian sticky rice balls) and so much more (Hong Kong tourism). His seeming lack of discrimination has made it more likely that he would pitch some clunkers, analysts said.

"When you have someone with so many brands, the probability of things going wrong is markedly higher," said Saurabh Sharma, a strategic planning director for Ogilvy & Mather Beijing. "It's rare to be in the industry for so long and also be clear of controversy."

Chan's representative said the 56-year-old actor was not available for comment.
Sinian sticky rice balls?

GeneChing
11-02-2010, 05:18 PM
interesting stats however...

Top 20 Growing Facebook Pages: Disney, Converse, Music, ******* and Jackie Chan (http://www.insidefacebook.com/2010/11/02/top-20-growing-facebook-pages-disney-converse-music-*******-and-jackie-chan/)
November 2nd, 2010
By Sara Inés Calderón

There’s an interesting mix of Pages on our Top 20 Growing Facebook Pages list this week. We had our traditional musicians on the list, big brands, as well as some new faces, such as the movie “*******” and action movie star Jackie Chan. To get on our Top 20 this week Pages needed to add between 457,300 and 387,300 Likes, we keep track of this growth via our PageData tool, which counts the number of Likes added to Pages daily.

Top Gainers This Week
Name Fans Gain↓ Gain, %
1. YouTube 18,618,509 +872,336 +4.92
2. Disney 9,227,053 +779,041 +9.22
3. Facebook 24,266,151 +736,773 +3.13
4. Coca-Cola 15,863,959 +716,890 +4.73
5. MTV 7,778,440 +683,285 +9.63
6. Rihanna 13,050,137 +658,058 +5.31
7. The Simpsons 11,515,616 +652,028 +6.00
8. Converse All Star 8,043,656 +631,188 +8.52
9. Eminem 18,473,414 +626,379 +3.51
10. Usher 6,462,654 +605,540 +10.34
11. Converse 6,473,795 +585,007 +9.93
12. SpongeBob SquarePants 10,636,763 +578,817 +5.75
13. Harry Potter 5,382,237 +546,244 +11.30
14. AKON 10,080,578 +512,488 +5.36
15. Oreo 12,616,818 +490,249 +4.04
16. ******* 3,588,555 +483,715 +15.58
17. Adam Sandler 9,760,094 +478,063 +5.15
18. Toy Story 7,561,717 +467,030 +6.58
19. Shakira 11,892,635 +466,126 +4.08
20. 成龍 Jackie Chan 6,889,149 +457,314 +7.11

Big brands topped our list this week.

YouTube was in first place after adding 872,300 Likes to make it to 18.6 million total. Disney’s main Page, which we wrote about last week, made it to second with 779,000 new Likes and a 9.2 million total. Facebook was in third place with 736,800 new Likes and a total of 24.2 million; the company has been heavily involved in U.S. elections this year. Coca-Cola’s Page was fourth, adding 716,900 new Likes to a 15.8 million total.

MTV was fifth, adding about 683,300 new Likes to reach just over 7.7 million fans. Converse All Star’s Page was at number 8 and passed 8 million fans by adding 631,200 new Likes; the Converse Page was eleventh with 585,000 new Likes and a total of 6.4 million with a big growth spurt right before Halloween. Both Pages might have benefitted from the Frankenpic Halloween app we wrote about last week.

GeneChing
01-11-2011, 01:58 PM
http://www.successmagazine.com/ext/resources/article_images/Issue32/Table-of-Contents.jpg
FEB 2011 issue

The Reinvention of Jackie Chan (http://www.successmagazine.com/the-reinvention-of-jackie-chan/PARAMS/article/1237/channel/22#)
The master of martial arts comedy once thought he had everything figured out. Until he realized he was living a lie.

Mike Zimmerman January 10, 2011

Jackie Chan has felt fear. That’s what he tells me, though I’m not sure I believe him.

He says, “When I am faced with doing a dangerous stunt, I would be lying if I said I never get scared.”

Makes sense. We all feel fear, of course. But in general, when we’re doing what we love, can we really call it fear?

Thus the root of my skepticism: Chan appeared in his first film at age 8 and today he’s 56. He’s been doing action films, stunt work and fight scenes for 48 years. A reasonable person could argue that what he’s talking about is not fear, but the sweet, reckless burn of adrenaline. That’s less fear, more exhilaration fueled by risk, and a lot of people thrive on it every day. Maybe it feels like fear. But it’s never held back Jackie Chan from anything. In fact, that adrenalized state may be more responsible for his ongoing success than anything.

But in the course of our conversation, Chan tells me two stories. Each of them details a very clear and defining moment, which combined to make Chan feel a different kind of fear—terror, really—that nearly paralyzed him and derailed everything he’d built up until that point.

These events happened a long time ago to a Jackie Chan we, in the United States, never got to know because thankfully they taught him some nasty lessons about the difference between ego and soul.

How we sell ourselves to the world defines who we are to anyone who shakes our hand. Chan realized he had to remake the product he was selling. To understand, you need to look at how he lives his life today. How he transformed himself cuts right to the core of his success—and his entire character.

It started with school. Or a lack of it. Born in Hong Kong, “I never received a proper academic education,” he says. “I never learned to read or write. These are things I have taught myself over the years.” The education he did get came at a martial arts academy, which of course opened a path to film stardom. “I learned all the skills that helped me become a success as an action star, but the one thing that I regret about my past is never having an opportunity to go to school to learn academics.”

Philanthropy is a major part of Chan’s life now, a progression of bigger and bolder charities he’s founded over the years, many of them geared around educating disadvantaged children. “In many remote areas of China, children don’t have the basic necessities for an education. The school buildings are either dilapidated or non-existent. My Dragon’s Heart Charity team finds these places and then I visit them to see for myself what the conditions are like. We have a ceremonial groundbreaking and I meet the children and the teachers and tell them that I will build them a school and that I will come back to visit when the school is finished. There is nothing in the world as satisfying as returning to see the brand new school, to see the children in their new uniforms carrying backpacks containing all the supplies they need for a good education. It is very emotional and joyful for me.”

He tells some moving stories about his experiences. The little girl who needed glasses so badly that she bumped into walls, couldn’t attend school or play sports. She didn’t want to burden her family with the cost. (“Two dollars U.S.,” he marvels. “Can you imagine this?”). Or there’s the handicapped teacher who walked several miles to and from school on crutches because he had no legs, yet was still driven to teach. “There are endless stories. I do the best I can to help as many people as possible. No one should have to suffer, especially children.”

Many successful people start charities and give back, of course. Chan makes it very personal, however. He does as much of it as he can in person, actually meeting the people he helps. There’s a reason: He wasn’t always like this. In fact, in his own words, he describes young Jackie Chan as a guy with “a bad attitude, so full of himself.”

“I didn’t have any idea what I was doing,” he says. “When I was 20, one day I had five dollars U.S., the next day I’m a millionaire. I had no education, so I started buying luxury cars, jewelry. All I cared about was how to spend.”

This led to one of those defining moments: His first foray into charity work—but the lip-service, image building, P.R.-type of giveback. “My manager arranged for me to visit a children’s hospital to give out Christmas gifts,” he recalls. “When I got to the hospital, there was a pile of wrapped presents and all these sick little kids. I handed out the gifts, but I had no idea what was inside the boxes. I hadn’t picked any of them out myself—my manager had done that. When those little kids started thanking me for being so nice and bringing them presents,” he pauses here. “I felt like such a fraud.”

Chan’s films—he’s best known in the United States for the Rush Hour movies—are a whirlwind of action and slapstick comedy. His characters are always in just-this-much over their heads, which of course leads to the laughs. Incredible fight choreography helps, too. No one uses an aluminum ladder against multiple foes like Chan. His style is no accident. When it came time to first sell the Jackie Chan brand—long before “branding” was standard-issue business-speak—Chan faced expectations and had to make a choice.

“When Bruce Lee passed away, [filmmakers] looked to me as a replacement for him,” he says. “I realized quickly that no one could be just like he was, so I started adding humor to the action and developed my own unique style.”

It was the smartest thing he could’ve done. Not only did it help him dodge what would’ve been an inevitable backlash against him by Bruce Lee purists, he became, all by himself, Jackie Chan.

What he didn’t expect? Becoming a self-absorbed, venal, twentysomething movie star. By the end of the ‘70s, Chan was China’s highest-paid movie star. The next logical step: Go to the United States and do American films. His debut was The Cannonball Run, an epic farce about a cross-country road trip starring Burt Reynolds, who at the time was America’s highest-paid movie star. And a funny (but not to him) thing happened when Chan got here.

“I thought I was a big star,” he says. “And people would ask my name. I say, ‘Jackie Chan!’ They say ‘What? Who?’ Jackie Chan! I say. Nobody knows me. The big star was Burt Reynolds. I was making half-a-million dollars U.S. [per film]. Burt Reynolds was making 5 million. I said, ‘My God. He’s the big star. I’m nothing.’”

And Jackie Chan felt an amazing thing: Fear. Real, honest fear about what he thought he was, seeing what he really was, and realizing that his entire future depended on what he would become. “There are two kinds of human beings,” he says. “One is a good person; you’re respected, everyone remembers you, and 50 years later they’re still talking about you.” He’d become the other kind of person, whose values were paid for in cash.

But what could he do about it? He was still a young hotshot with no formal education or any experience being a “real” person. Where should he begin? What should he change? Even worse, how could he change, when he’d already worked for years creating a box-office persona the folks back home had embraced?

The answer would come soon with Chan’s hospital Christmas present episode. That sealed the deal and he started down a different path. And the change wasn’t as difficult as he thought it would be.

“That day I vowed never to do something like that again. From then on I actually did go out and choose the gifts for the kids and when I brought them to the hospital and handed them out, I felt that I was doing the right thing. That experience really changed my thinking. I realized, What have I done for this world, for myself, for my family? Nothing. I totally changed my approach.”

He made more films. He started more charities. And he found he enjoyed the charities as much as he enjoyed his work. He didn’t have to sell anything. The change he made in himself, a change to make sure he never felt that way again, was legit. “I realized that when I see somebody smiling, I’m happy,” he says. “So one by one, year by year, I do more charities and it makes me happier. It was a snowball getting bigger and bigger.”

Genuine laughter and enthusiasm became the foundation of Jackie Chan’s brand—which is now a multimillion-dollar venture even if you don’t count the movies. Chan does an incredible amount of side work as an entrepreneur and businessman, though he’s not known for it here because he does so much of it in China. He has interests in state-of-the-art movie theaters, restaurants, gyms and more. In a way, he’s become a developing market ambassador.

“Every day I have a thousand thousands of things to do,” he says. “When I get tired, someone will sit down with me and talk about a project or business or a charity, and I just wake up. I’m interested in every business because right now China just opened and everyone around the world—especially the U.S.—wants to get in. I’m lucky that for the last 20 years I have very good connections with American friends, so anytime they want to get into the Chinese market, they talk to Jackie. Sometimes I help them. Sometimes I’m their partner, then we both make money. I take what I need for myself and the rest goes to charity.”

And they buy in like crazy because what he’s selling—Jackie Chan—is the genuine article.

GeneChing
03-04-2011, 12:44 PM
RGF Working with Jackie Chan Sparler Roll (http://www.prlog.org/11343781-rgf-working-with-jackie-chan-sparler-roll.html)
RGF and Beijing UST enter into strategic partnership with Jackie Chan Sparkler Roll International Cinema Group

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRLog (Press Release) – Mar 01, 2011 – West Palm Beach, FL – Ron Fink, President of RGF Environmental Group, Inc. announced that RGF and its authorized distributor Beijing UST Tech have entered to a Strategic Partnership with Beijing Sparkler Roll International d/b/a Jackie Chan International Theater Group to supply, on an exclusive turnkey basis, indoor air purification systems utilizing RGF’s proprietary patent pending Photohydroionization (PHI) technology and design for Sparkler Roll’s high end cinema multiplexes throughout China.

The Jackie Chan International Theater was designed after U.S. multiplex cinemas as the demand for high end U.S. made products, technologies and lifestyle has become rampant in China. Beijing Sparkler Roll’s management team sought out RGF via our distributor specifically for our experience and renowned reputation as a high level American environmental technology designer. “It is amazing that many large Chinese companies such as Beijing Sparkler Roll are now seeking out RGF, a small manufacturing company in Palm Beach Florida, making us one of the premiere suppliers of advanced air purification technology to China”, stated Ron Fink, President and CEO of RGF.

The first cinema, Jackie Chan International Cinema, located in Changzhou, held its grand opening in November 2010, and was the first of many cinema multiplexes being planned and built over the next several years. The grand opening ceremony was personally attended by many luminaries including renowned actor Jackie Chan, partner in Beijing Sparkler Roll as well as Andrew Wang, President of Beijing UST Tech and Sharon Rinehimer, Vice President/General Counsel of RGF (photo below). RGF and Beijing UST will work closely with Beijing Sparkler Roll to continue providing sales support, installation and after-market service to provide the best indoor air quality for their cinema clientele.

RGF’s PHI technology is a unique induct indoor air quality product that provides low energy air purification that has been proven to kill mold, odors, bacteria, and 88% of an airborne sneeze at three feet; also, VOCs, viruses and up to 99% of MRSA, H1N1 and the Norwalk Virus, to name a few.

RGF manufactures over 500 environmental products providing the world with the safest air, water and food without the use of chemicals. RGF has sold over one million PHI cells in 33 countries.

For additional information, please contact RGF Environmental Group, Inc., 3875 Fiscal Court, West Palm Beach, Florida 33404 USA Tel: (561) 848-1826 or (800) 842-7771; Fax (561) 848-9454 or visit our website: http://www.rgf.com.
I'm not sure how many Jackie Chan theaters there are now. There must be a franchise website somewhere on the web.

GeneChing
10-05-2011, 09:17 AM
I love V8. This is two of my fav products coming together. Can't wait to see the ads.

press release
Oct. 3, 2011, 4:37 p.m. EDT
Jackie Chan Energizes New Ad Campaign to Remind People That They "Could've Had a V8(R)" (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/jackie-chan-energizes-new-ad-campaign-to-remind-people-that-they-couldve-had-a-v8r-2011-10-03)
Commercials Highlight Benefit of V8 Juices Versus Other Beverages

CAMDEN, N.J., Oct 03, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Campbell Soup Company CPB -1.05% is launching a new V8(R) brand advertising campaign that taps action legend Jackie Chan to go head-to-head with other beverages. The advertisements feature Jackie Chan swooping into everyday life scenarios using his amazing athletic abilities -- and his energetic charm -- to switch an unsuspecting person's drink to a veggie-powered V8 beverage. The commercials underscore the switch by closing the spots with the iconic "Could've Had a V8" tagline.

"It's time for people to take another look at the V8 portfolio," said Dale Clemiss, Vice President, V8 Beverages. "This year we're introducing a variety of new and innovative products for V8, so there is no better time to encourage people to make the switch to our beverages. We believe this campaign's refreshing, fun and lighthearted approach, and the charisma of Jackie Chan will help drive awareness and energize the brand."

The campaign began airing this week with two new spots:

-- "Balcony," which features Jackie Chan sliding down a drain pipe, leaping onto a woman's balcony, and deftly replacing her cranberry juice with V8(R) 100% vegetable juice; and

-- "Sidewalk," where Jackie Chan jumps out of a window, bounces off an awning, lands in front of a woman drinking a smoothie and switches her drink for a V8 V-Fusion(R) Smoothie that not only includes fruit but vegetable nutrition.

These commercials will be followed by three additional spots. The entire campaign is supported by a fully-integrated marketing effort including print and online advertisements that compare V8 beverages to other drink options.

"Jackie Chan's amazing creative talent combined with his mind-boggling physical comedy give this campaign vitality and instant likeability," said James Caporimo, Creative Director, Y&R. "Only Jackie Chan could suddenly switch your drink and have you love him for it, which is one of the reasons we believe this campaign will resonate with people and encourage them to choose V8(R) beverages instead of other drinks."

The campaign was created by Y&R New York. The production was shot on location in Los Angeles by MJZ and directed by Craig Gillespie, who is best known for directing Lars and the Real Girl and the Fright Night remake. Media planning services were provided by the New York office of The Media Edge: cia.

About the V8(R) Brand

The V8 brand is committed to providing delicious, convenient products that help people get more vegetables in their diet. This means an aggressive commitment to innovation which has led to the introduction of 18 new beverages in the last two years including the brand's recent entry into fast-growing categories such as energy drinks and smoothies.

Today the V8 portfolio includes:

-- V8 (R)100% vegetable juice, a deliciously-zesty juice that provides two full servings of vegetables at 50 calories in each 8-ounce glass;

-- V8 V-Fusion(R) 100% juice, which tastes like fruit but is packed with a serving of fruit and a serving of vegetables in every 8-ounce glass;

-- V8 V-Fusion(R) +Tea, a refreshing beverage that combines fruit and vegetable juices and green tea;

-- New V8 V-Fusion(R) Smoothie, a perfect puree of 100 percent fruit and vegetable juices that bring the real-fruit smoothie experience home;

-- New V8 V-Fusion(R) +Energy, a refreshing energy drink made with a blend of vegetable and fruit juices plus natural green tea;

-- New V8(R) Energy Shots, naturally powered energy shots made with 100 percent vegetable and fruit juices and green tea extract -- only available in select markets.

All of these beverages not only deliver great taste but also provide vegetable nutrition. For more information on V8(R) beverages, visit www.v8juice.com .

About Campbell Soup Company

Campbell Soup Company is a global manufacturer and marketer of high-quality foods and simple meals, including soup and sauces, baked snacks and healthy beverages. Founded in 1869, the company has a portfolio of market-leading brands, including "Campbell's," "Pepperidge Farm," "Arnott's" and "V8." Through its corporate social responsibility program, the company strives to make a positive impact in the workplace, in the marketplace and in the communities in which it operates. Campbell is a member of the Standard & Poor's 500 and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes. For more information, visit www.campbellsoup.com .

Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50015489&lang=en

SOURCE: Campbell Soup Company

GeneChing
10-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Jackie Chan Becomes Embraer’s New Kick-butt Ambassador for Legacy 650 (http://www.ainonline.com/?q=aviation-news/nbaa-convention-news/2011-10-09/jackie-chan-becomes-embraers-new-kick-butt-ambassador-legacy-650)
NBAA Convention News » October 10, 2011
by Liz Moscrop
October 9, 2011, 10:11 PM

Embraer’s new brand ambassador will be able to forget Rush Hours at airports around the world when he takes delivery of his new Legacy 650 later this year. Famous for his death-defying stunts as much as his acting, Jackie Chan will become the first owner of the aircraft type in China. The aircraft is due for delivery later this year.

Speaking via video at Embraer’s press conference at the NBAA 2011 show yesterday in Las Vegas, the star said, “I am looking forward to flying in this marvelous aircraft, soon. China has become a very important market for executive aircraft and I am honored to be a part of Embraer’s efforts in my home country.”

Although Chan was not present at the show, his business partner was on hand to explain the vibrant red and yellow livery on the jet. Jackie Chan designed the paint scheme, which displays his logo, a dragon image and his son’s initials.

Ernest Edwards, president, Embraer Executive Jets, said, “I have spent some time with Jackie recently and five minutes in his presence are uplifting.” He added, “Jackie’s ebullient personality, spirit of relentless innovation and commitment to society echo the core values of Embraer. His worldwide prestige makes him an ideal brand ambassador.”

Market watchers at the show will not be surprised at the Brazilian airframer’s choice of spokesman. China is consistently cited as the fastest-growing market for new business jets.

Embraer is also still in negotiations with Aviation Industry Corporation (AVIC) about establishing a Legacy 600/650 production line in China, using the infrastructure, financial resources and workforce of their joint venture company Harbin Embraer Aircraft Industry. Edwards said that the discussions had not been concluded yet.

In the meantime, the appointment of Chan as brand ambassador should “panda” to Chinese tastes. This article gets today's bad pun award.

Here's a Legacy 650
http://corpjetfin.live.subhub.com/custom/Embraer%20Legacy%20650.jpg

GeneChing
02-01-2012, 12:46 PM
and i don't even wear a watch.

'Jackie Chan' timepiece unveiled at SIHH 2012 (http://www.plushasia.com/media_photo/15797#)
RICHARD MILLE

http://static.plushasia.com/action/MediaImage/93187.jpg
RM 057 Dragon-Jackie Chan

Richard Mille celebrates the year of the dragon with a watch that not only pays tribute to the legendary creature, but also his personal friend, international kungfu superstar Jackie Chan. On the front of the RM 057, a dragon grips the tourbillon bridge in one of its claws, while on the back on the black onyx base plate, a round engraved Jackie Chan signature rotates once every 60 seconds in time with the tourbillon's rotation. Limited edition of 36 pieces in 18K red gold or white gold with a red gold dragon.

GeneChing
02-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Follow the link - it's plush.

First look into Jackie Chan's jet (http://www.plushasia.com/media_photo/15970#)

Instructed to put on coverings over our shoes (that looked like shower caps made of cloth), lest we ruin his brand new jet - understandable, of course - Plush got an exclusive look into the interior of Jackie Chan's Embraer Legacy 650 jet.

Now on display at the Singapore Airshow 2012 until February 19, 2012, the US$30 million (S$37 million) jet is on route from Brazil to meet him.

Some Western media reports say the Hong Kong superstar was given a heavy discount and, thus, offered to be Embraer's Brand Ambassador, especially for China.

The only customisation on his Legacy 650 is on the exterior that bears his logo with red and yellow - colours of China's flag. That's very patriotic of Jackie.

Hong Kong's Sino Jet, that is looking after Jackie Chan's jet while it gets delivered to him, shared that Jackie kept to the original fittings of the Legacy 650. He may consider customising the interior, but perhaps at another time.

The Legacy 650 is very spacious with three distinct cabin zones, a wet galley and the largest in-flight accessible baggage compartment of its class.

Based on the successful Legacy 600 platform, this jet provides longer trips for this 14-seater plane.

Jackie's plane can hold up to 13 passengers and is capable of up to eight-hour flights around Asia and elsewhere.

Embraer has introduced major improvements to its Legacy 600/650 jets.

Ernest Edwards, President Embraer Executive Jets, says, "These chages are specifically designed to increase cabin comfort and capabilities to ensure passengers have the right environment to either relax or maintain their productivity".

Improvements include refining the interiors and state-of-the-art cabin management system, improving the interior storage, restyled seats and new finishing materials.

Other than Jackie Chan becoming the new Brand Ambassador, Embraer has announced that the company has signed an agreement for three Lineage 1000 ultra-large executive jets with China's Minsheng Financial Leasing Co., Ltd., one of the largest financial institutions providing executive jet leasing services in China.

The order is scheduled to begin delivery in the first semester of 2012.

Emphasising on the proof of the growth of jets in the Chinese market, Ernest Edwards says, "This deal, having closely followed the order of 13 Legacy 650s last October, is solid proof of the recognition and faith our Chinese customers have placed in Embraer and its products".

Embraer has also delived three Lineage 1000 jets to undisclosed customers and operators in India, Chinan and Indonesia.

The Lineage 1000 ultra-large jet is the only jet in its category that can provide up to 19 passengers with five distinct, spacious cabin zones, onboard amenities that include a queen-size bed, stand-up shower, walk-in aft baggage area and complete audio and entertainment systems.

Embraer has also expanded its customer support in Asia through new partnerships.

In Asia Pacific, Embraer has appointed authorised service centres in India, Australia and Singapore, and pre-selected another one in Japan, to offer comprehensive maintenance repair and overhaul services to its executive jet operators in the region.

doug maverick
02-21-2012, 01:19 PM
ive already asked him to let me borrow it for a night...lets see if he says yes..lol

sanjuro_ronin
02-21-2012, 01:56 PM
That is one pimp ass watch !
:D
Going for how much?

GeneChing
02-21-2012, 02:24 PM
$1.7 million :eek:

3 Feb 2012
Richard Mille RM 057 Dragon-Jackie Chan Watch (http://luxatic.com/richard-mille-rm-057-dragon-jackie-chan-watch/)

http://luxatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Richard-Mille-RM-057-Dragon-Jackie-Chan-Watch-1.jpg
Another celebration of “the year of the dragon” (lasting between January 23rd 2012 and February 9th 2013) among our pages comes as Richard Mille’s RM 057 Dragon – Jackie Chan. As the name says, the watch is dedicated to the activity of the kung fu – fighter Jackie Chan, personal friend to the creator.

The timepiece follows the RM 056, a gadget whose cost is more than mind-boggling – $1.7 million – and boasts an engraving in the shape of a golden dragon with colored scales that grip the tourbillion bridge in one of its claws and a movement base-plate made of unspoiled Black Onyx.

The watch also sports Jackie Chan’s signature engraved in the Black Onyx base-plate, rotating every 60 seconds following the tourbillion, for a touch of exquisiteness.

After September 2011, when Richard Mille presented the RMJC tourbillion for the JC foundation, we’ve now presented another proof of friendship the two share. This time, it’s available in 18k red or white gold with a red dragon and only 36 units.
http://luxatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Richard-Mille-RM-057-Dragon-Jackie-Chan-Watch-2.jpg
http://luxatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Richard-Mille-RM-057-Dragon-Jackie-Chan-Watch-3.jpg
http://luxatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Richard-Mille-RM-057-Dragon-Jackie-Chan-Watch-4.jpg
http://luxatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Richard-Mille-RM-057-Dragon-Jackie-Chan-Watch-5.jpg

doug maverick
02-21-2012, 05:17 PM
thats a ballin ass watch...

GeneChing
02-21-2012, 05:51 PM
It's nicer than Jet's watch (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1149632#post1149632).

sanjuro_ronin
02-22-2012, 06:56 AM
1.7 million pesos?
No problem !
:D

GeneChing
03-16-2012, 11:05 AM
This article is poorly translated, but you get the idea.

Jackie Chan and “wine country” clever marriage of “Maotai Jackie Chan wine” destabilize wine (http://www.cnkaleidoscope.com/jackie-chan-the-field-of-investment-wine-maotai-join-forces-to-push-the-maotai-jackie-chan-wine/)

the scene: “country liquor” Jackie Chan “a clever marriage

premiere fully witness the charm of “wine country” and “entertainment star” marriage. In addition to the organizers outside of the the Maitai plant leadership and Jackie Chan, Jackie Chan’s circle of friends Karen, Coco Lee, Li Bingbing, Shang Wenjie, dressed up to help out. Jackie Chan at the scene that day seemed high-spirited, he said: “drink this wine, and more and more occasions, Since this is the wine, and domestics, I still hope that through my little humble in a foreign country, a little awareness it hit the foreign markets to go, do not always drink their whiskey, wine. “

The

However, Jackie Chan to promote their wine is not professional, it is quite solid,. Jackie Chan revealed that in her youth she did not like to drink liquor, that is choking, and later like, when the empty drink a few glasses of love at home, “the drink that was quite tasty, two or three cups down really good but I advise everyone to everything can not be excessive drinking is the same, there must be a degree “.

the broke the news: Li Bingbing has a good drinker

However, voice faded, Jackie Chan to step down take a seat to sit around Li Bingbing irrigation from the wine, He also broke the news northeast girl Li Bingbing good drinker, had drink a whole bottle of liquor and a half minutes. It is reported that both the movie “Revolution”, Li Bingbing worried that a drama can not enter the state, before the shooting, secretly drink half a bottle of red wine of good courage, shooting was not enough input, then took out a bottle of over 50 degrees the liquor Gululu drink up, scared side of Jackie Chan and her take drama alarmed Lianhan Ice “too manic”. Jackie Chan described the heroic like Li Bingbing drinking, “she lifted up the bottle, drank down!”

aside Li Bingbing sheepishly explained, is because that brand of liquor drink before they ventured to finish. Sense of justice of the night also expressed the hope that Jackie got what they wanted, this Jackie Chan named liquor brand to the World.

: planning a year in late March

Chengdu Business Daily reporter was informed yesterday that the introduction of the “Jackie Chan Maotai wine”, secretly planning as early as August last year, not just Ambassadors Jackie Chan featuring such a were simple. In fact, the “Maotai Jackie Chan wine” is jointly launched by Guizhou the Maitai Corporation and Sparkle Roll Group, Jackie Chan is the one of the shareholders of Sparkle Roll Group. In August 2011, Jackie Chan to visit Guizhou Maotai factory, on the, Maotai state-run 60th anniversary celebration in November 2011, Jackie Chan has personally visited Guizhou, and formal and Moutai Co., Ltd. signed a cooperation agreement to launch “Maotai Jackie Chan wine “.

in 2011, the “Maotai Jackie Chan wine” approved by the State Administration for Industry and Commerce registration, targeting China’s high-end Maotai liquor. According to information published by the responsible for the operation of Sparkle Roll bang liquor to the media, the wine will be divided into “ordinary” and “Collector’s Edition”, two are 53 degrees Maotai wine. The packaging continues the Jackie Chan’s favorite style glaze cylinder, dragon plate body. In late March, will be officially on sale in the country, to be followed in Asia, Europe and the United States market promotion.

The

as early as before in the Jackie Chan and basketball superstar Yao Ming will be eyes locked in a huge consumption of alcohol on the market. In 2011, he introduced “Yao 2009 that Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Wine” series, priced at 3800 yuan a bottle. Also public opinion laugh assessment, saying: “mankind has been unable to stop the footsteps of Yao Ming to make money.” In addition, the circle of cross-border wine industry investment to do the boss behind the Zhao Wei, Huang Long and his wife, Huang Xiaoming and other stars.

GeneChing
08-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Jackie Chan: Martial Arts Legend on Facebook: Knocked down, dragged out (http://blog.games.com/2012/08/08/jackie-chan-facebook-game-review/)
by Joe Osborne, Posted Aug 8th 2012 5:30PM

http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.games.com/media/2012/08/screen-shot-2012-08-07-at-8.47.02-pm.png
Jackie Chan: Martial Arts Legend

Review
The major goal of branded Facebook games--or all branded property, really--is to capture the spirit of the brands they represent. Jackie Chan: Martial Arts Legend, a new social game developed and published by 6waves, would earn a purple belt in that regard. While it captures what Jackie Chan has reformed into since his Drunken Master days, a family-friendly actor and teacher, it fails to capture the Jackie Chan that the often older Facebook gaming audience knows and loves.

You know, the Jackie Chan that beat the snot out of people in the coolest ways possible with whatever he could find? Martial Arts Legend is largely a property management game that sees players take a rundown building and turn it into a thriving marital arts academy. Players start by cleaning up trash, and they'll largely do this throughout the course of their time with the game. As it turns out, it's a fine means of wasting your energy points and keeping you from getting to the good stuff.

All the classic tropes of property management games are present and accounted for: the need for energy to build and interact with your environment, the need for friends to staff various rooms in your school, the need for special items only your friends can provide you with to proceed to the next level, the need to wait various amounts of time for tasks to complete. While these mechanics are proven staples of the social game world, they don't necessarily belong in a game all about martial arts.

Ultimately, it's these artifacts of the management style of social games (which is slowly on its way out, thank heaven) that keep players from enjoying the good stuff for too long. It also doesn't help that "the good stuff" isn't terribly interesting save for a goofy story and some role-playing game (RPG) style battle mechanics. Every once in a while, players will have the chance to challenge various martial arts masters in hand-to-hand combat.

This amounts to players using the skills they've unlocked through managing their school in turn-based bouts with automated opponents. But don't expect the walk in the park you were greeted with in the management portion of the game: These battles are tough as nails. If you don't pay attention to both what your opponent does and what your skills are capable of, you'll never win. For instance, it's important to notice when your opponent lashes out with a Fierce Strike, so as to use your Counter Strike for bonus damage that could turn the tide in your favor.

While the battles are beautifully animated with plenty of polish to boot, they're just not exciting. The fight scenes don't capture the rush of watching Jackie Chan in action on-screen. Admittedly, this may be tough to accomplish through a Facebook game, but with what we've seen in games like Shadow Fight, it's entirely possible. Jackie Chan: Martial Arts Legend, again, is one of the best-looking branded games on Facebook that simply fails to capture the funny, flashy finesse that is Jackie Chan.

https://apps.facebook.com/jackiechangame

GeneChing
02-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Beyond this, we've got threads on Jackie's charities (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41401) and scandals (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42240). I'm not planning to start one on his politics now.

China Appoints Jackie Chan to Top Political Advisory Body (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jackie-chan-political-role-china-417401)
3:58 AM PST 2/1/2013 by Clarence Tsui

After courting controversy in recent months for nationalistic outbursts, the actor earns a seat in the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference.

HONG KONG -- With his latest film CZ12 winning a string of weekends at the Chinese box office and eventually becoming the second highest-grossing domestic production ever in the country, Jackie Chan has started 2013 with a bang. And his political fortunes have risen as well.

The 58-year-old actor is now officially a member of the Chinese political establishment as a national-level delegate of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, one of the country's top political advisory bodies.

According to various news outlets in his native Hong Kong, Chan's name was on a final approved list of new appointees to the body, which begins its new four-year term in March.

While members of the group do not wield outright power like their peers in the law-making National People’s Congress, appointment is akin to a symbolic stamp of approval from the political elite in Beijing.

Chan’s appointment comes as no surprise to China watchers, given the way he has grown increasingly vocal in making patriotic statements. Last month, Chan was widely criticized by the Hong Kong media when, being interviewed by a mainland Chinese publication, he called for the city’s authorities to draw legislation “to decide what one can demonstrate about, and what one cannot.” The statements were in response to street protests in Hong Kong against Mainland China's meddling in local affairs. Hong Kong is officially part of China, but maintains its own legal and economic systems, and a free press.

Earlier this month, Chan said in another interview that the United States “is the biggest corrupt country” in the world.

What concerns the Chinese public more, however, is how Chan would fulfill his responsibilities. There has been much debate about Chinese showbusiness figures being given official political roles over the past few weeks, an issue brought to the fore when Kung Fu Hustle star Stephen Chow Sing-shi -- who was appointed to a provincial arm of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference -- sent his secretary to pick up his accreditation, missed the first two days of meetings and only turned up for one morning session before taking leave again. Chinese social media users criticized the actor's less than diligent approach to his new role.

Chow is currently touring the country to promote the February release of his comeback film JTTW. The actor's publicists said in a statement that he had explained his absence from meetings to the political body's leadership in advance.

GeneChing
05-16-2013, 08:32 AM
Jackie is now the brand ambassador for Embraer. Look what comes with that job.

Jackie Chan and his New Plane (Embraer Legacy 650) - Full HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6CA8RTcLrU)

GeneChing
06-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Jackie Chan leaves imprints in Hollywood for the second time (http://movies.yahoo.com/news/jackie-chan-leaves-imprints-hollywood-second-time-035023151.html)
Reuters – 14 hours ago

http://l.yimg.com/os/mit/media/m/base/images/transparent-1093278.png
Actor Jackie Chan's hand and footprints are pictured following a ceremony at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California, June 6, 2013. REUTERS/Jonathan AlcornView Photo

http://l.yimg.com/os/mit/media/m/base/images/transparent-1093278.png
Actors Chris Tucker (L), Jackie Chan, and Jaden Smith pose together during a hand and footprint ceremony for Chan at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California, June 6, 2013. REUTERS/Jonathan AlcornView Photo

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Chinese action film star Jackie Chan on Thursday became the first person to twice leave the imprints of his hands and feet in cement at Hollywood's famed Chinese Theatre.

Chan, who has starred in some 150 films in a career spanning more than 40 years, first left imprints in the forecourt of the theater in 1997, adding to the collection that features screen legends from Clark Gable to Marilyn Monroe.

But over the years, as ownership of the theater changed hands, the cement slab featuring Chan's prints was lost. Slabs are changed often to make room for new entries in the collection.

Representatives at the newly named TCL Chinese Theatre confirmed that Chan was the first two-time inductee. They said they did not know when the prints vanished but were sure that the slab was not stolen from the forecourt.

On Thursday Chan left imprints of his hands, feet and nose in cement, accompanied by his "Rush Hour" co-star Chris Tucker and "The Karate Kid" co-star Jaden Smith.

Chan, 59, told a crowd gathered for the occasion that he had always dreamed of having his prints in cement at the theater.

"My first time in the Chinese Theatre, I walked on the red carpet ... and I see that there are so many stars doing the interviews. And at that time I had nothing to do, standing there looking around," he said.

"During all those years I dreamed. Slowly, slowly, I got there," the actor said.

Chan has become one of China's biggest film stars, crossing into Hollywood movies with his Kung Fu fighting skills and ability to do his own action stunts.

Last month at the Cannes film festival, Chan told Reuters that after countless broken bones and smashed teeth, he was giving up doing his own stunts but wanted to continue acting across different genres. (Reporting by Reuters TV; Writing by Piya Sinha-Roy; Editing by Xavier Briand) I wonder what happened to that original imprint...

GeneChing
11-15-2013, 10:01 AM
This is so DIY, so Jackie.

Jackie Chan Launches JC International (http://variety.com/2013/biz/news/jackie-chan-launches-jc-international-1200801578/)
November 6, 2013 | 07:52AM PT
Production and finance venture to focus on Chinese entertainment
Patrick Frater
Asia Bureau Chief
http://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/jackie-chan-head.jpg?w=490&h=276&crop=1
LOS ANGELES — Jackie Chan and Chinese financier Qi Jian Hong have teamed to form a new entertainment group JC International which is set to finance, produce, co-produce and distribute filmed entertainment for the Chinese and world markets.

The new venture will be headed by Kaili Peng, the Los Angeles-based widow of top Taiwanese director Edward Yang.

The company said that it will “develop compelling stories targeting the growing urbanized Chinese market,” in association with American and European studios. It will also provide finance to co-production partnerships worldwide.

No project or productions have been announced.

Chan is already an active producer of many of his own film ventures through his JC Entertainment company.

“This new venture represents a fantastic opportunity to play a part in the entertainment landscape of the growing Chinese market and ever-diversifying global film marketplace,” Chan said in a statement.

Peng is known as a journalist, novelist and TV host. She also scored, performed, served as music supervisor, and collaborated on Yang’s acclaimed “A One And A Two” (Yi Yi).

GeneChing
04-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Hollywood’s Watch-U-Want makes its mark in world of timepieces (http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/04/06/4040730/hollywoods-watch-u-want-makes.html)

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2014/04/05/03/09/bsmJU.St.56.jpeg
WATCH FOR LUXURY: Among the high-end watches the company sells is this pre-owned Richard Mille “Flyback Chrono,” which carries a $79,995 price tag and has a warranty and a titanium case. WATCH-U-WANT

WATCH-U-WANT

Company headquarters: Hollywood

CEO: O.J. Whatley

President: Shannon Beck

Incorporated: 2001

Employees: 21

Annual revenues: $15 million

Watch brands sold: Panerai, Audemars Piguet, Bell & Ross, Blancpain, Breitling, Bulgari, Cartier, Chopard, Corum, Dewitt, Franck Muller, Girard-Perregaux, Hublot, IWC, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Omega, Patek Philippe, Richard Mille, Roger Dubuis, Rolex, Ulysse Nardin, Vacheron, Zenith

Contact information: 954-961-1445; www.watchuwant.com; eBay ID: watch-u-want

BY SIOBHAN MORRISSEY
SPECIAL TO THE MIAMI HERALD
O.J. Whatley owes a lot to Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher. They helped him purchase his first Rolex and eventually led to his founding Watch-U-Want, a Hollywood company that bills itself as the “largest purchaser and reseller of the highest quality preowned luxury watches and timepieces worldwide.”

“He is one of the main big boys,” says Joe Accar of Accar Limited, the Miami-based jeweler who buys from and sells to Watch-U-Want more than $100,000 worth of watches every year.

What began as a bedroom business for Whatley in 1999 has expanded to a company with 21 employees, including an in-house certified master watchmaker to make repairs, a quality control department dedicated to ensuring the watches are clean and in good working order, and a photographer who highlights the assets of each watch for the company’s predominantly internet clientele. According to Whatley, his sales team racks up $15 million in annual revenue and has a client list that includes celebrities and CEOs, including Doc McGhee, who managed KISS, Bon Jovi and Mötley Crüe.

It all started when O.J. — whose initials stand for Orin Judd — appeared on Wheel of Fortune back in 1989, back when he was a freshman at the University of Miami. The clue was “Fictional Characters.” It took him a little more than two minutes and seven spins to identify the Mark Twain characters and figure out the puzzle.

“You didn’t make it a secret when you figured out what it was,” Pat Sajak said, laughing at Whatley’s fist pumps and whoop. “You went mildly bananas out here. But that’s good. You deserve to.”

Whatley had just won $2,400 in cash and a $4,500 gift certificate to a Beverly Hills jewelry store, where he later purchased two stainless steel Rolex Submariner watches — one for himself, the other for his father, Bob. Each Rolex cost $2,100 at the time.

“Interestingly enough, I could sell that watch right now for five grand,” Whatley said. “Which is really interesting, because at the time, I could have bought the Tag Heuer Sports Elegance Link Watch for the same kind of money, around $2,100. And that watch today is worth about 500 bucks.” The Sports Elegance had a band that looked like a jigsaw puzzle and was considered the “Holy Grail” for college students to own, he said, “but instead I got the Rolex, because I just felt like it was a cooler watch, less fashion and more like a watch that I could have for the rest of my life.”

While fully aware of his Rolex watch’s value as a commodity, he maintains that it retains far greater sentimental value. As a buyer of luxury watches for the past quarter century, Whatley is well aware that watches not only mark time, but also the special occasions in life.

Both he and his father still own their Wheel of Fortune watches, and Bob loves to look down at his as he tells strangers how his son eventually went on to win another $10,000 — and the game. He was a hairsbreadth away from driving away in a red convertible BMW — if only he could fill in the remaining blanks on the bonus puzzle:

D-A-_ D-R-E-A-_ -_ N-_ .

While Wheel of Fortune helped him purchase his first serious watches, Whatley says he was always interested in watches, even as a young boy.

“I remember growing up, I used to love the Star Wars watches — the R2D2, the Darth Vader helmet, the CP3O,” he says. “I wore them as necklaces. When I was 12, my mom got me a Casio Tone Watch that played Happy Birthday and Hang Down Your Head Tom Dooley. There was like 13 songs it played. This was right about the time that you had the calculator watches, but the calculator watches were a little ****y for me. So, I wanted the Casio Tone Watch.”

Whatley remains on the hunt for the coolest watches, as is evident from the company store room and vault. He specializes in sports watches in the $2,500 to $12,500 range, with $8,500 being the sweet spot. Of course, if you want to splurge, there are more expensive models available. There’s the DeWitt “Jackie Chan” watch for $79,995 (only five made, and it comes in 18-karat white gold, with a red skeleton dial, retails for $265,000); an Audemars Piguet Jules Audemars “Star Wheel 2 Faces” pocket watch for $114,995 (has a platinum case and from an edition of 50); or the Audemars Piguet AP Royal Oak Tourbillon Chronograph for $139,995 (a bargain, considering it retails for $225,600). continued next post

GeneChing
04-08-2014, 09:32 AM
In addition to the watches, Whatley makes an effort to preserve the provenance of the watches he sells by matching the serial numbers on the watches to warranty documents. This helps establish the authenticity of the watches in a world where fakes abound.

His typical client buys three to five watches a year and will often resell a watch bought from Watch-U-Want back to the company. In an unusually open manner, his customers often provide their full names, email addresses and telephone numbers in addition to their feedback about their experiences with Whatley and his company.

“He’s a man of his word, honest,” Accar told the Miami Herald in a telephone interview.

Adam Rosenblum, vice president of marketing for the upscale senior living residence The Palace, agrees and keeps coming back for more. Rosenblum says he has bought 25 watches from Watch-U-Want over the past decade and has traded or sold others. They met through a friend of a friend and eventually became good friends — especially after Whatley introduced Rosenblum to his future wife.

“He got me excited about new watch brands, expanded my horizons about new watches that are available,” Rosenblum says, explaining that he has bought Panerai, Bedat, Audemars Piguet and Rolex watches from his friend.

“I bought a vintage Rolex Steve McQueen, named after the actor,” he says. “I bought it more as an investment, and it’s appreciated in value — and the funny thing is, I just wear it. Most people wouldn’t know what it was, but it’s a very special piece. O.J. will come across those, and if he sees anything that I would be interested in, he’ll let me know.”

The Rolex Steve McQueen is the rugged kind of sports watch that appeals to Whatley.

He often goes for Formula One speed, selling Ferrari and Maserati watches. He even has an Aston Martin watch that will remotely start your car. That’s the Jaeger-LeCoultre AMVOX2 DBS Transponder watch.

Sometimes the boxes the watches come in are as intriguing as the watch itself, as is the case with the Pierre Kunz Insanity Watch, which has a box set designed to resemble a straightjacket.

The Corum Bubble Casino watch comes in a box done up to look like a roulette table with a green background and red and black num

bers on which to place a bet. The Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo comes in a gray carbon fiber box that resembles the hood of the sports car and is lined with Alcantara sueded leather, the same material used for Lamborghini seats.

Knowing that a complete box set increases the value of any watch he sells, Whatley is always on the lookout for such boxes. He will hang on to the boxes until he finds the matching watch and sell them as a set for more than he could get for the individual pieces.

His storeroom is filled with boxes made of burl, alligator skin, tooled leather, and even the neoprene worn by deep-sea divers. Only Rolex eschews the glamorous presentation, opting instead for a simple lime-green box with the company’s signature crown logo.

“Rolex hasn’t done anything with its presentation,” Whatley says. “They don’t need to.”

Conversely, Panerai, the only watch company that Rolex ever teamed up with, created some of the most alluring box sets, with a miniature anchor and a special tool for changing out the watch straps, which are included in the sale.

Whatley has a soft spot for Panerai. Not only did his clients go crazy for the watch after seeing Sylvester Stallone wear one in the adventure movie Daylight, but also the watch played a big role in helping Whatley finance his company.

The idea of starting an Internet-based watch resale company first came to mind when he sold the watch he bought to commemorate his wedding — a Girard-Perregaux Ferrari Chronograph — and made a $400 profit shortly after returning from the honeymoon. (And yes, he is still married, having celebrated his 15th anniversary last month.) That $400, later combined with a tax refund, would help fund Watch-U-Want.

But Panerai indirectly provided most of the seed money. While working as the director of sales for a Broward-based software company in the early 2000s, Whatley became enamored of the Panerai watches and read everything he could get his hands on about the time-pieces. He became an expert in the watches and joined a Panerai chat room and would take calls from anyone interested in learning about or buying such watches. During that time, he also learned that some people would pay as much as $150 for books that Panerai published about its watches.

“I found out you could call Panerai on their 1-800 number in New York, and they’d send you out these books for free,” he says. “So I had everyone at the software company ordering these books. And I was selling them on eBay, and that became my seed capital.” He used the money to buy watches for resale and to build his website.

His desk is a testament to Whatley’s ongoing love for all things Panerai, which outfits Italy’s frogmen with illuminated watches. A statuette of an Italian frogman dressed completely in black decorates the desk, as does a miniature replica of the submarines the early frogmen would swim beside.

I don't wear a watch. I always break wristwatches.

GeneChing
10-08-2014, 09:45 AM
These watches are super cool, but I'd prefer a James Bond one, like with a hidden garrote like the one in From Russia With Love or a micro-saw like in Live and Let Die.

10/08/2014 @ 9:00AM
Richard Mille Produces Another Jackie Chan High-Luxury Watch With The RM 57-01 Phoenix And Dragon (http://www.forbes.com/sites/arieladams/2014/10/08/richard-mille-produces-another-jackie-chan-high-luxury-watch-with-the-rm-57-01-phoenix-and-dragon/)

With what is perhaps their third collaboration with Hong Kong legend and martial arts actor Jackie Chan, Richard Mille releases a new limited edition watch that features the images of both a Phoenix And Dragon. What collectors might consider humorous is that, at this point, Richard Mille doesn’t even offer a particular reason why the new RM 57-01 Phoenix And Dragon watch is being produced, or why Jackie Chan’s name is associated with it. These are facts we consider curious, given the reality that when a watch company demands a price of over $500,000 for a single item, there is often at least a good story to go with it.

Richard Mille has been fortunate as a brand to do what many consider impossible these days – that is, to succeed in the ultra-high-luxury segment with a product that feels new, but also luxurious, as well as exclusive. Richard Mille timepieces can be acquired for sums under $100,000, but as a brand, their comfort zone is in the $500,000 plus range. So few brands have been able to explain their prices so nonchalantly, and yet been so successful among the world’s elite watch customers when it comes to demanding top dollar for their mechanical and artistic novelties.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/arieladams/files/2014/10/Richard-Mille-Rm-57-01-Phoenix-Dragon-Jackie-Chan-4.jpg

Inspired by the “no expense saved” world of Formula 1 racing, Richard Mille treats his timepieces like race cars, in that they must be extravagant, memorable, and complicated. This philosophy has helped the brand win a number of fans, including internet company start-up stars to celebrities. In Asia, Richard Mille has earned the respect and attention of the young and wealthy, with an iconic case-shape and modern exteriors. Moreover, many of the Richard Mille timepieces intended for Asian consumers are rich with symbolism, and include imagery often in the form of animals which are hand-engraved and placed in the dial.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/arieladams/files/2014/10/Richard-Mille-Rm-57-01-Phoenix-Dragon-Jackie-Chan-3.jpg

While previous Richard Mille Jackie Chan timepieces have emphasized the strong image of the dragon, this new RM 57-01 watch ups the ante by focusing on both the dragon and the phoenix – two mythical beasts with strong symbolic meaning in Chinese culture. The hand-engraved solid gold creatures on the dial appear to be woven into the contemporary-looking mechanical movement visible through the dial, which also offers an off-center display for the time above the tourbillon. Not only does the aesthetic of the watch movement itself suggest wealth and power, but so do the fantasy animal images – at least the suggestion exists for those people who are part of the correctly receptive culture.

Richard Mille rarely misses an opportunity to cater to a particular market or place when it comes to the design of limited edition watches. Other examples include watch colors meant to resemble a nation’s flag or sports team. Having said that, perhaps Richard Mille’s most elaborate customization work gets shipped to Asia, where craftsmanship can more easily be designed with an element of kitsch and playfulness.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/arieladams/files/2014/10/Richard-Mille-Rm-57-01-Phoenix-Dragon-Jackie-Chan-1.jpg

At least the watch is good enough for Mr. Jackie Chan. The RM 57-01 watch measures 42.7mm wide by 50mm long and 14.1mm thick. Richard Mille will actually produce two limited edition versions, with one in 18k rose gold and the other in 18k white gold. Jackie Chan’s name is applied to the rear of the case, as well as his logo on the movement plate itself.

Speaking of movements, inside the Richard Mille RM 57-01 Phoenix And Dragon Jackie Chan watch is a Swiss-made manually wound in-house Richard Mille tourbillon-based mechanical movement, known as the caliber RM-5701. According to Richard Mille, much of the movement is produced from titanium as well as platinum. Even certain elements of the movement are hand-painted.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/arieladams/files/2014/10/Richard-Mille-Rm-57-01-Phoenix-Dragon-Jackie-Chan-2.jpg

We know that Jackie Chan is a big watch lover, but he also quite likes Richard Mille. So what is it about Richard Mille that has helped the brand succeed in Asian markets such as China? In many ways, the Richard Mille brand has been the poster child of modern Chinese wealth. New money in China has to a degree been typified by energy, experimentation, and enthusiasm, when it comes to spending and showing off their wealth. For a generation of people fresh to the promise of luxury intricacy and design, the exclusive and bold nature of Richard Mille products act as a symbol of the personal and cultural pride inherent in each one. The opposite of a Richard Mille would be a timepiece that is both understated and aesthetically conservative. Richard Mille offers wrist statements for those people seeking loud voices on their wrists.

Richard Mille will produce just 15 pieces total, in either 18k red gold or white gold at pre-tax prices starting at €576,033.

Ariel Adams is the founder and editor of the watch review site aBlogtoWatch.com.

Although don't get me wrong. I'd still luv a Jackie watch like this. ;)

GeneChing
03-13-2015, 08:33 AM
Jackie Chan haunt looking for action in Beverly Hills (http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-jackie-chan-house-20150312-story.html)

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5501c95a/turbine/la-fi-hotprop-jackie-chan-house-20150312-048/750/750x422
The onetime home of actor Jackie Chan in Beverly Hills has been listed for sale at $12.25 million. (Adrian Anz | Inset: Mark Boster / Los Angeles Times)
By Neal J. Leitereg contact the reporter
Jackie Chan's former home in Beverly Hills readies for a scene change
Onetime 90210 address of film star Jackie Chan lists for $12.25 million

A Beverly Hills mansion with ties to blockbuster action cinema has come to market for $12.25 million.

The French Villa-inspired home, built in 1986 and recently updated, was formerly owned by martial artist and film actor Jackie Chan. Chan, who also owns property in Hong Kong and other parts of the globe, paid $3 million for the estate in 1998. Eight years later, he more than doubled his investment, selling the home for $6.3 million.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5501c4cf/turbine/la-fi-hotprop-jackie-chan-house-20150312-001/1150/1150x647

More recently, the 7,638-square-foot residence sold for $7.8 million in 2013. In 1984, nearly three decades earlier, the property went for $825,000.

Marked by a circular motor court with a fountain, the gated estate has a two-story entry, large formal spaces, a gourmet kitchen with a rotunda nook, six bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms. Among features is a wood-paneled family room with a step-down bar and a temperature-controlled wine closet. There are three fireplaces.

Landscaped grounds of about three-quarters of an acre contain a flagstone patio and a pool and spa with a waterfall feature. Elsewhere is a cabana with a built-in barbecue and al fresco dining area.

Jade Mills of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage is the listing agent.

Chan, 60, is known for his roles in “Rumble in the Bronx” (1995), “Shanghai Noon” (2000) and the “Rush Hour” franchise. He will reprise his voice role as Master Monkey in “Kung Fu Panda 3,” due out early next year. Nice crib.

GeneChing
05-26-2015, 11:54 AM
Jackie Chan now dean of his very own film academy in Wuhan (http://shanghaiist.com/2015/05/26/jackie-chan-film-academy.php)

http://shanghaiist.com/upload/2015/05/jackie-chan-students3.jpg

The newly named celebrity anti-drug ambassador to Singapore and possible zombie Jackie Chan can now boast yet another title: Dean of The Jackie Chan Film and Television Academy of the Wuhan Institute of Design and Sciences (武汉设计工程学院), which opened officially on May 20.

In a post to his Weibo account last Wednesday, Chan wrote: "Today I have finally fulfilled my life-long dream". (We kind of thought managing a K-pop band was his life-long dream, and he did that back in March 2014?!)

http://shanghaiist.com/upload/2015/05/jackie-chan-students.jpg

After observing that Chinese films "always employed foreign crews and directors", Chan felt it was time to cultivate some home-grown talent. Thus, the Jackie Chan film school was born.

http://shanghaiist.com/upload/2015/05/jackie-chan-students2.jpg

The actor/director said he's invited some friends in the industry, including actor Zhang Guoli (张国立), actress Li Bingbing (李冰冰), director Feng Xiaogang (冯小刚) and his wife Xu Fan (徐帆), to act as visiting professors to his school. He's planning on hiring even more filmmakers to teach his students not just in a classroom setting, but also on set.

The institute currently offers undergraduate programs in animation, performance and digital media and will offer overseas exchange programs as well.

We're proud of you, Dean Jackie Chan.

[Images via Sina]

By Sharon Choi

For some reason, I thought Jackie already had some sort of film institute...:o

GeneChing
07-13-2015, 08:35 AM
Not quite a franchise...his old Beverly Hills crib. Swimming pools, movie stars.... ;)

Jackie Chan's onetime Beverly Hills address sells for $10.875 million (http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-top-real-estate-sales-20150708-story.html)
Hot Property: Top Sales
Adrian Anz
By NEAL J. LEITEREG contact the reporter Swimming

Homes in Beverly Hills, Malibu and Pacific Palisades topped the most expensive residential real estate sales in the greater Los Angeles area last week.

$10.875 million — Beverly Hills

In the 1700 block of Green Acres Drive, a 7,638-square-foot home once owned by martial artist and film actor Jackie Chan sold for $10.875 million, $3.075 million over what it sold for in 2013.

Built in French Villa style in 1986, Chan bought the house in 1998 for $3 million and sold it nearly a decade late for $6.3 million.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-559db8bd/turbine/la-fi-hotprop-top-real-estate-sales-20150708-001/750/750x422
Hot Property: Jackie Chan
Adrian Anz
Marked by a circular motor court with a fountain, the gated estate features a two-story entry, a gourmet kitchen with a rotunda nook, six bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms. Grounds of about three-quarters of an acre contain a cabana with a built-in barbecue, an outdoor dining area and a swimming pool with a spa and a waterfall feature.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5501c4cf/turbine/la-fi-hotprop-jackie-chan-house-20150312-001/1150/1150x647

Jade Mills of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage was the listing agent. Robert Hovsepian of RE/MAX Optima represented the buyer.

GeneChing
08-31-2015, 10:13 AM
... but this is some explanation in the buzz for the U.S. release of Dragon Blade (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?67531-Dragon-Blade).

How Jackie Chan also became a restaurant tycoon (http://nypost.com/2015/08/29/how-jackie-chan-also-became-a-restaurant-tycoon/)
By Reed Tucker
August 29, 2015 | 3:51pm

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/adrien_brody_fights_jackie_chan_6.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1
Jackie Chan stars in the new film “Dragon Blade,” an historical epic about an exiled Chinese general (Chan) who teams with a rogue Roman commander (John Cusack) to fight a corrupt consul (Adrien Brody). Photo: Lionsgate Premiere

In his movie career, he’s broken his jaw, three fingers and nearly lost an eye. He once fell while leaping onto a tree branch and tumbled 40 feet, smashing his skull on a rock below.

So it probably comes as no surprise that Jackie Chan is looking to take it a little easier.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/spl31402_002.jpg?w=233&h=350
Jackie Chan Photo: Splash News

The Hong Kong-born star, now 61, is still making movies — most of which are released in Asia — but nonstop action isn’t necessarily his thing anymore.

“All those years ago I was jumping off tall buildings and leaping off moving buses. So stupid,” Chan tells The Post.

“So, I’ve had to change. It’s not about getting older.”

Nowadays, his films fall in many different genres.

“When you look at my previous films, I was fighting from the opening credits to the closing credits,” he says.

“But now [audiences] care about the plot, so I’ve had to adjust my style. And I’ve realized that with a strong story, even a single punch can make the audience cheer.”

His latest plot-driven endeavor is “Dragon Blade,” a sweeping, historical epic about an exiled Chinese general (Chan) who teams with a rogue Roman commander (John Cusack) to fight a corrupt consul (Adrien Brody).

The film, opening Friday throughout the US, contains its share of battle scenes and swordplay, but it’s not exactly chopsocky.

“I don’t consider myself an action star anymore,” Chan says.

“I’ve been trying to broaden my range, including my role in ‘Dragon Blade.’ I hope that people consider me an actor who does action rather than just an action star. You can expect to see me in many different roles in my forthcoming films.”

Beyond broadening his range, “Dragon Blade” reportedly broadened the actor’s bank account. The film has raked in a whopping $120 million in China already, some $10 million of which Chan reportedly pocketed as the star and producer.
“In his movie career, he’s broken his jaw, three fingers and nearly lost an eye.”

What most Americans — who predominantly know Chan for the “Rush Hour” films — may not realize is that the actor is among the more well-known and influential figures in China, with a sprawling business empire and a sizeable fortune.

Chan, who is married with an adult son, is worth some $350 million, according to Forbes. The film mogul earned $50 million last year, putting him ahead of every other actor outside of Robert Downey Jr.

In the early 2000s, Chan hired a consultant to help him make money off his name, hoping to change his luck after the actor lost “several million, then millions again” in the 1980s investing in car repair shops, gift shops and restaurants. Chan was soon hawking a branded line of chocolates and oatcakes, and had satellite California Fitnesses in Asia named for him.

He now owns a fast-growing chain of movie theaters, Jackie Chan Cinema, that has 213 screens across China. The first location, which opened in Beijing in 2010, claims to be the country’s largest, with 17 screens and 3,500 seats.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/15_jackie_chan_as_huo_an_31.jpg?w=323&h=215
Photo: Lionsgate Premiere

His Jackie Chan Design sells shirts, hats, accessories and other clothing emblazoned with a red-and-black logo.

He launched a chain of coffee shops in 2006 and once had a sushi chain, the now-shuttered Jackie’s Kitchen. He even opened a Segway dealership in Hong Kong. The venture was designed to bring clean technology to Asia.

Chan also has a second career as a singer and has released more than 20 albums.

The future star was born in Hong Kong, and at age 7, began studying at the Chinese Opera Institute. There, Chan learned both music and martial arts, often rising at 5 a.m. and practicing until midnight.

When he’s not singing or acting, Chan says he likes to focus on charity work.

“Life is too short,” he says. “With every injury, I came to cherish life more. I know that I am blessed, so I try to help the poor and people in need.”

He’s been an advocate for animals and has recorded anti-poaching PSAs.

“I actually like to watch documentaries on television, especially on Discovery Channel and National Geographic,” says the nature-loving Chan.

“They sometimes inspire me and my work.”

Like fellow rich guys Warren Buffett and Bill Gates, Chan has pledged to donate half of his fortune to charity after his death.

He also holds a seat on the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, a diverse board of some 2,000 prominent citizens that advises the country’s legislature.

A movie star in politics? China really is so foreign.

GeneChing
03-15-2016, 04:00 PM
The curse of Jackie Chan? Chinese tycoon defends film star against claims he is bad luck as brand ambassador (http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/1925207/curse-jackie-chan-chinese-tycoon-defends-film-star-against-claims)
PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 15 March, 2016, 4:13pm
UPDATED : Tuesday, 15 March, 2016, 7:40pm
Laura Zhou laura.zhou@scmp.com
http://cdn4.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/486x302/public/images/methode/2016/03/15/fca614ac-ea74-11e5-9451-ef5010d885b7_1280x720.jpg?itok=YWZYxYaj
Actor Jackie Chan’s work promoting Gree Electric has been a success says Chinese tycoon Dong Mingzhu, chairwoman of the home appliance maker. Photo: SCMP Pictures

A Chinese tycoon has defended action film star Jackie Chan against claims he is a “curse” as a mainland brand ambassador after many firms he has promoted in the past have found themselves mired in problems and controversy.

Dong Mingzhu, billionaire chairwoman of leading Chinese home appliance maker Gree Electric – speaking on the sidelines of the annual National People’s Congress meeting in Beijing – said the actor’s work representing her company had not hurt the business.

“He represented Gree for two years and Gree didn’t die,” Dong Mingzhu was quoted as saying in a report on Tuesday by news website Huanqiu.com, which is affiliated with Global Times.

http://www.scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/486w/public/images/methode/2016/03/15/f738cc3a-ea74-11e5-9451-ef5010d885b7_486x.jpeg?itok=bmFGTV75
Dong Mingzhu, the billionaire chairwoman of Gree Electric. Photo: SCMP Pictures

“Some [media reports] claimed Chan was to blame – saying his work as a representative had killed these companies,” Dong said.

“[But I think that] it is the power of the company, instead of Chan’s representation that decides the life and death of a business.”

Dong’s comments came after Chinese media suggested Chan had proved to be a curse for mainland manufacturers’ brands because a number of companies had struggled after he represented them.

Chan, a well-known film star in China and around the world, has been a popular spokesman for mainland brands for years – endorsing a wide range of products from DVD players, shampoo to motor vehicles.

http://www.scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/486w/public/images/methode/2016/03/15/d802723c-ea77-11e5-9451-ef5010d885b7_486x.jpg?itok=DzSWWztK
Jackie Chan has promoted a video recorder. Photo: SCMP Pictures

However, it appears that Chan has not brought the same level of success to all the businesses he represented to match his box-office clout in hit films such as both the Rush Hour and Kung Fu Panda series and The Karate Kid.

In one of the most high-profile examples quoted in the mainland media reports, BaWang, a herbal shampoo and hair-care brand that Chan first advertised in 2008, suffered a drop in sales after Hong Kong-based Next Magazine claimed in 2010 that using its products could cause cancer.

http://www.scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/486w/public/images/methode/2016/03/15/310ac6ec-ea85-11e5-9451-ef5010d885b7_486x.jpg?itok=yVQsYtGc
A still photograph taken from the BaWang advertisement featuring Jackie Chan. Photo: SCMP Pictures

The accusation, although quickly denied by both BaWang International and China’s State Food and Drug Administration, was a blow to the Guangzhou-based company, whose revenues have continued to fall since then.

The latest figures issued by BaWang show that its sales dropped by 21 per cent in the first 11 months of last year compared with the same period the year before.

The claims led to BaWang filing a HK$630 million defamation case against the magazine in Hong Kong. The verdict has yet to be given.

In 2011, food brand Synear, which produces savoury and glutinous sweet dumplings that Chan has promoted on the mainland, was ordered to pull one of its products off the shelves of stores after Beijing’s quality watchdog found traces of Staphylococcus aureus, which can cause painful skin infections.

Japanese car company Mitsubishi – which Chan has represented in China for years – said in February that it will recall more than 23,000 Pajero SUV vehicles on the mainland from September in response to safety concerns about its airbag inflators.

http://www.scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/486w/public/images/methode/2016/03/15/869feb44-ea87-11e5-9451-ef5010d885b7_486x.JPG?itok=sp8EbssT
A scene starring Jackie Chan (left) in the action film ‘Rush Hour 2’. Photo: SCMP Pictures

In the mid-1990s, Chan was hired to represent an educational computer-like machine, made by Guangdong company Subor Electronics Technology. But as market shrank, the company was split into four parts in 2004.

Dong said Gree Electric had spent more than 10 million yuan (HK$12 million) on hiring spokespeople to promote its products.

READ MORE: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee and Chow Yun-fat as you’ve never seen them before

Chan was replaced as the firm’s spokesman by Dong herself in 2014 – a move that Dong said would help to cut costs and allow more money to be invested in developing its own smartphone brand.

According to official figures, Gree’s revenues in 2010 increased by more than 40 per cent year on year after Chan was hired as a spokesman for the brand. It saw year-on-year increases of 37 per cent in 2011 and 19 per cent in 2013.

Could our numerous Jackie posts here brought the bawang curse down upon us?

Naaaaaaaaah. Couldn't be.

Could it? :eek:

GeneChing
04-19-2016, 01:19 PM
I know this is not what this is about, but I'm trying to envision Jackie in a Raimi flick.

Sam Raimi Launches Chinese Joint Venture Allegory Films (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sam-raimi-launches-chinese-joint-885429)
8:33 PM PDT 4/18/2016 by Patrick Brzeski

http://cdn2.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/landscape_928x523/2016/04/gettyimages-492533980.jpg
Sam Raimi
Getty Images

The new company, a partnership with German director Florian Von Donnersmarck, will finance pictures in the $30 million to $80 million range for the Chinese and international markets.

Spider-Man director Sam Raimi and German filmmaker Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck have partnered with Beijing Cultural Investment Holding to form a joint venture film company in China called Allegory Films.

The venture was announced at a signing ceremony Tuesday at the Beijing International Film Festival.

According to a regulatory filing in China, Allegory Films initially will produce two films a year. The partners said in a statement that Allegory will focus on Raimi and Donnersmarck’s directing projects, as well as other director-driven projects for the duo to produce.

Beijing Cultural Investment Holdings, which is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange, has committed $150 million towards the venture. The partners say an additional financing round is expected to raise the production resources to $500 million.

Beijing Cultural is the principal financial backer of Jackie Chan's film and TV production company Sparkle Roll Media. The conglomerate has other business lines in areas ranging from e-commerce to construction materials trading.

Von Donnersmarck is best known for writing and directing the 2006 Oscar-winning film The Lives of Others and 2010's The Tourist, starring Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp.

Said Raimi and von Donnersmarck in a joint statement: “We have spent the last five years dreaming up and planning Allegory Films, a platform where we, and a group of directors we admire, will be able to make films of the highest quality with worldwide appeal under ideal conditions. Thanks to Beijing Cultural Investment, our dream has now become a reality.”

Allegory Films will finance pictures in the $30 million to $80 million range. The movies will be distributed in China by Cultural Investment Holdings, while international distribution will be handled by a Hollywood company, the partners said.

CAA, which represents Raimi and von Donnersmarck, brokered the investment deal.

GeneChing
03-13-2017, 09:05 AM
Filmart: Jackie Chan's Sparkle Roll Media Launches Film Sales Arm (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jackie-chan-s-sparkle-roll-media-launches-film-sales-arm-985448)
3:04 PM PDT 3/12/2017 by Patrick Brzeski

http://cdn3.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/landscape_928x523/2016/11/gettyimages-539486542-h_2016.jpg
VCG/VCG via Getty Images
Jackie Chan

It will handle "high-quality action films and high-profile Chinese language films by acclaimed directors and top producers."
Jackie Chan is getting into the international film sales business.

On the first day of Hong Kong's Filmart, the iconic actor's Beijing-based Sparkle Roll Media announced the launch of a new Hong Kong-based international sales arm, which will handle "high-quality action films and high-profile Chinese language films by acclaimed directors and top producers," according to the company. The new venture will also manage sales on all future Sparkle Roll Media productions.

“We are thrilled to introduce our new international sales arm, which further expands Sparkle Roll Media’s position as a leader in Chinese-language media and entertainment,” said Joe Tam, vice president of Sparkle Roll Media Culture Industry Development “The new sales group brings together a strong team with years of experience in the film industry, and they will play a crucial role in the growth of Sparkle Roll Media.”

Chan's primary vehicle for managing his brand and developing and producing his films for years, Sparkle Roll Media has evolved over the past decade into an international media company with businesses spanning film financing, film production, film distribution and marketing, exhibition (via the SR Jackie Chan Cinema chain), TV production, talent management, large-scale events and performances, and other activities.

Sparkle Roll Media’s new sales arm is headed by Will Lin, who previously was with Fortissimo Films, and Andree Sham, who spent time at Hong Kong filmmaker Peter Ho-sun Chan’s We Distribution. Veteran Hong Kong executive, Katherine Lee, will serve as a consultant to the company. Lin and Sham will share the title of director, international sales, and will report to Tam and Sunny Sun, vice president of Sparkle Roll Media.

On Monday, Sparkle Roll also revealed its latest slate, which includes: Bloom of Youth, (original title: Fang Hua), about the trials and tribulations of a Military Cultural Troupe in the 1970s; Jackie Chan: Down to Earth, a feature-length documentary, directed by Sun Lin, exploring the actor's five-decade career as a martial arts action-comedy star; and A Better Tomorrow 4: Ding Sheng, a brand-new chapter of John Woo's blood-soaked saga.

Bloom of Youth & A Better Tomorrow 4 sound promising too.

GeneChing
12-06-2017, 09:10 AM
Not quite a franchise, but WOW!

Lifestyle #DeLuxe

DEC 3, 2017 @ 11:06 AM 2 The Little Black Book of Billionaire Secrets
Jackie Chan 14-Karat Gold Limited Edition Snow Skis Unveiled For $42,000 (https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobson/2017/12/03/jackie-chans-14k-gold-purple-heart-wood-snow-skis-for-50000/#748a6c763411)

Jim Dobson , CONTRIBUTOR
Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

https://blogs-images.forbes.com/jimdobson/files/2017/12/JC-GOLD.jpg?width=960
Jackie Chan limited edition gold plated skis

The first time I met Jackie Chan he was hanging off a balcony of a superyacht in the French Riviera, his amazing athletic prowess and enthusiasm for stunts and sports had him displaying his skills for his fans. As I got to know him further I discovered he is more than just a jovial movie star, his unique interest in sustainability and rare woods led him to create an exhibition in his Shanghai museum. And now the film legend is part of an outrageous new limited edition line of snow skis from Foil Skis made in his honor.

The company recently launched the limited edition $42,000 Oro- Amaranto Jackie Chan Skis featuring certified Amaranto wood with 14-karat gold plated bindings.

https://blogs-images.forbes.com/jimdobson/files/2017/12/6JACKIE-CHAN.jpg?width=960
Jackie Chan limited edition skis with 14-karat gold plated bindings

The use of Purpleheart wood is due to its extremely dense and water-resistant capability. The trees are prized for their beautiful heartwood which, when cut, quickly turns from a light brown to a rich purple color. When the wood is exposed to sunlight, it darkens to a brown color with a slight purple color. The dry wood is perfect for the flex of the Ski.

https://blogs-images.forbes.com/jimdobson/files/2017/12/JC-GOLD-Poles.jpg?width=960
Jackie Chan gold plated poles

This stunning new ski was developed especially for Jackie Chan and was precisely tuned to Jackie’s physical abilities and skiing preferences. It also features a top layer in Purpleheart wood which was personally selected by Jackie, who also has a personal collection of the wood in his museum where he preserves endangered and rare species from around the globe.

https://blogs-images.forbes.com/jimdobson/files/2017/12/JC-GOLD-Binding.jpg?width=960
Jackie Chan limited edition snow skis with 14-karat gold bindings

This Limited Edition ski will be available only for a short time and is offered with the exact performance and specifications as Jackie Chan himself uses. The “Jackie Chan Oro-Amaranto” package includes a souvenir book and certificate signed by Jackie.

Also included with all ski packages is an incredible travel bag that Foil created. The custom designed bags are hand-stitched by leather craftsmen in Italy and are made in 3 sizes. They come with a full-length heavy-duty zipper, carrying handle, front pull handle, and hidden wheels.

https://blogs-images.forbes.com/jimdobson/files/2017/12/8.JACKIE-CHAN.jpg?width=960
Customized travel bag included with all ski packages

Foil offers four additional ski creations, Oro-Nero, Rossastro, Bianco and Moca, each crafted from premium materials and completely unique. Moca skis are made from African Rosewood, and the Bianco and Rossastro are made from Blond African Rosewood and Mahogany. The Classico version is an all-mountain ski, and the Riserva is for slalom skiing.

At a jaw-dropping price of $50,000, the Oro-Nero is made with 8000-year-old Bog Oak combined with 14 karat gold plated bindings, poles, and inlays. Bog-Oak is a material from trees that have been buried in peat bogs and preserved from decay sometimes for thousands of years. The wood is usually stained brown by tannins dissolved in the acidic water. Bog-Oak represents the early stages in the fossilization of wood, eventually becoming lignite and coal over millions of years. It is a rare form of timber that is among the world’s most expensive tropical hardwoods.

https://blogs-images.forbes.com/jimdobson/files/2017/12/7.ORO_NERO.jpg?width=960
The $50,000 Oro Nero line of skis

Foil Skis was launched in a small village located between the Alps and the Adriatic Sea in northern Italy. The company was created by Andreas Pichler and Nikolaus (Klaus) Heidegger. Their mutual love for sport, nature, and movement inspired them to create the company.

Every product created through Foil is unique, and they customize their skis for each buyer. From the first class inlaid initials to the vintage lock, classic flask and the monogrammed leather bag, Foil personalizes all elements of the ski packages they sell.

https://blogs-images.forbes.com/jimdobson/files/2017/12/11.ORO_NERO.jpg?width=960
Custom flask included with all ski packages

Foil owner Andreas Pichler is a fifth-generation artist and designer from the medieval town of Doellach in Austria. He specializes in woodcarving, sculpture and numerous fields of design, including graphic, sound and industrial. As an award-winning designer, artist and competitive alpine skier, he embraced Foil’s legendary foundation and then, with valuable input from a team of master craftsmen, designers, and athletes, shaped Foil into what it is today.

Throughout his career, Andreas has created custom guitars and design concepts for companies such as Fender, Infeld, and Red Bull in addition to amplifiers for Bogner, Boutique Amps Distribution and more. Sculpting is his true passion, and he has revived the ancient Austrian woodcarving tradition known as Krampus, through his signature “White Mask Series.” His passion for woodworking also includes furniture designs and innovation utilizing a unique method for texturizing and finishing surfaces.

https://blogs-images.forbes.com/jimdobson/files/2017/12/andreas-Pichler.jpg?width=960
Andreas Pichler

I spoke at length with the charming and handsome Andreas Pichler about his company, the incredible new Jackie Chan Limited Edition Skis and his plans for the future.

“I consider Foil as “THE” representative of this magical, engaging, luxurious and almost fairytale lifestyle,” says Pichler. “Personally, I am passionate about craftsmanship, both from my own expectations and/or as inspired by the perfection of other craftsmen. I became a master instrument luthier (builder) at a very early age while I was still competing professionally on the Austrian ski team.”

With the launch of the stunning Jackie Chan series, Foil has created a unique relationship with the superstar and Pichler adds, “The Jackie Chan skis were inspired by his passion for saving dying species of trees. Jackie has his own museum of extraordinary historical species of trees and woods, and he dedicates his interest in procuring these treasures. We created this special ski for him in a style (wood and tone) that we customized to his performance skills. It’s a true Jackie Chan Ski. We work with SRG (Sparkle Roll Group) in China and Jackie is a part of that group as is Rolls-Royce. Since we are the exclusive ski partner for Rolls-Royce, Foil is often called the Rolls- Royce of skis. It’s a perfect fit for both brands.”

“In the Ski industry, there still is so much room for improvement. (in terms of style, quality, and craftsmanship, etc.).” says Pilcher, “We are working on a few key products already which will be unveiled fairly soon. I’m personally deep in the development of a perfect, fully-functional, solid Gold version of a ski, believe it or not … It’s a huge challenge to achieve the performance requirements, but we are close. The world will soon see the first and only $1 million-dollar ski package!”

https://specials-images.forbesimg.com/dam/imageserve/168862926/960x0.jpg?fit=scale
Jackie Chan on the superyacht in Cannes (Photo by Stuart C. Wilson/Getty Images)

amina
12-07-2017, 09:34 AM
I like Jackie Chan very much. He's so cool

GeneChing
06-05-2018, 08:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcPdQVCGAMQ

This is Jackie's recent promo for Hoshi no Dragon Quest, or Star of Dragon Quest, a videogame.

Continued next post

GeneChing
06-05-2018, 08:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPr6uP-auN8

GeneChing
07-25-2018, 02:48 PM
'Dangal' girl Sanya Malhotra not just met with Jackie Chan, but also got an award in China (http://www.dnaindia.com/bollywood/report-dangal-girl-sanya-malhotra-not-just-met-with-jackie-chan-but-also-got-an-award-in-china-2641693)

http://static.dnaindia.com/sites/default/files/styles/full/public/2018/07/25/709392-sanya-jackie-chan-gallery-2.jpg
Sanya Malhotra and Jackie Chan , Image Courtesy: Instagram

WRITTEN BY DNA Web Team
Updated: Jul 25, 2018, 10:21 PM IST

Sanya Malhotra has been felicitated in China. The actress had visited the country to pick an award for her performance in her debut film 'Dangal'. Recently Sanya Malhotra had attended the Shanghai International Film Festival (SIFF) in China along with her Dangal co-star Fatima Sana Shaikh.

Sanya won the Best Action Actress Award at the prestigious fourth annual Jackie Chan Action Movie Week, held as part of SIFF, for her performance in Dangal. The award ceremony was held in Datong, China. Sanya, who made it to the event, even had a fan-girl moment when she met action superstar Jackie Chan.

Sanya Malhotra shared,"I’m humbled to have received this award for the movie. Dangal means a lot to me and marked my debut in the industry. I feel grateful for the honor from a lovely country like China. It only encourages me to work harder for all the people who have showered so much love on me since the movie released. Also, the cherry on the icing was meeting the legendary actor Jackie Chan. It was truly a fangirl moment for me. He is very humble, gracious and down-to-earth.”

Both Sanya and Fatima even posed with the star for a picture and shared it on their respective social media accounts. Sanya shared an image of her with Jackie Chan and captioned it by writing,"Met a legend who’s so humble, gracious and hospitable. Thank you so much @jackiechan for having us at #jackiechanactionmovieweek . Looking forward to watch the closing ceremony and especially the performance by your team ️#jackiechan#dangal".

In fact, Sanya is a big fan of Chan’s work and has seen most of his action movies while growing up. Her film Dangal released in China and received a humongous response from the Chinese audience, and Sanya left the audience and critics impressed with her performance as Babita.

Dangal had become the biggest film of the year when it was released in India in 2016. It was not only hailed in India by the audience and critics, but was also loved in other countries.

Dangal has been declared one of the most popular Indian films to have been released in China. Dangal actresses Sanya Malhotra and Fatima Sana Shaikh were honoured with the Best Action Actress Award for Dangal.

THREADS:
Dangal (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?70365-Dangal)
Jackie Chan's franchises (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?56745-Jackie-Chan-s-franchises)

GeneChing
07-26-2018, 12:54 PM
I'm launching a new thread for International Jackie Chan Action Movie Week (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?70880-International-Jackie-Chan-Action-Movie-Week), and copying the comment above from our Jackie Chan's franchises (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?56745-Jackie-Chan-s-franchises) because this event has become quite a thing and will hopefully continue for years to come.

Jackie Chan closes film fest with stunts (http://www.ecns.cn/news/culture/2018-07-26/detail-ifywnmyq4941828.shtml)
2018-07-26 09:22:41 China DailyEditor : Mo Hong'e ECNS

http://image.cns.com.cn/ecns_editor/transform/20180726/xtut-fywhxsa1364060.jpg
Jackie Chan waves to fans at the closing ceremony of fourth annual International Jackie Chan Action Movie Week. (Photo: China Daily/Feng Yongbin)

Jackie Chan's annual film festival recently concluded in Datong with a Chinese action hit topping the awards.

Top Chinese actor Jackie Chan, who has performed perilous scenes in more than 200 films over the past four decades, entertained his guests with stunts at a recent film event he has founded.

At the closing ceremony of the International Jackie Chan Action Movie Week held in Datong, Shanxi province, on Sunday, the 64-year-old superstar used a rope to alight from a helicopter that was hovering around 70 meters above the ground, thrilling his audience. The annual festival, in its fourth edition this year, was held in Shanghai for the past three years.

This year's event screened a dozen action blockbusters and honored industry talent.

For Chan, who ranked 59th on US magazine Forbes' 2018 highest-paid celebrity list, the festival is a recognition of stunt performers in the movie business. Chan, who's also a martial arts expert, began his film career as a stuntman in Hong Kong in the early 1970s. He wasn't paid much at the start, but the action scenes that included a lot of jumping, rolling and falling were risky.

"I was once slammed down hard against a cement floor, six times in a week. Every day I clenched my teeth to stand up. I was paid just HK$5 ($0.64) a day," Chan told his audience in Datong.

http://image.cns.com.cn/ecns_editor/transform/20180726/SSU6-fywhxsa1364056.jpg
Chan recalls his early years of struggle as a stuntman during a forum in Datong. (Photo: China Daily/Feng Yongbin)

Chan has had a successful career, from the golden era of Hong Kong martial arts films to his foray into Hollywood and through more recent years when he switched to the Chinese mainland market. But most others in the field have not achieved similar success. The work of stunt performers and action stand-ins is undervalued, he says.

With the festival, Chan is using his star power to bring more attention to such actors and actresses.

"It's (the festival) still young, but I hope it will enjoy a popularity similar to some top events such as the Hong Kong Film Awards in the future," he told reporters on the sidelines of the action movie week in Datong.

Chan has an event to raise public awareness about environmental protection and at least seven new films on his busy schedule. "I don't dare to sleep. I have so many things to do."

Aside from an expansion in scale and size, the festival he founded has gathered more celebrities. Presided over by Hong Kong filmmaker Ng See-Yuen, the seven-member jury includes Malaysian actress Michelle Yeoh, Chinese mainland director Lu Chuan, actor Huang Xiaoming and actress Bai Baihe.

http://image.cns.com.cn/ecns_editor/transform/20180726/LpOy-fywhxsa1364052.jpg
Operation Red Sea's actress Jiang Luxia (second left) and Dangal's actress Fatima Sana Shaikh (center) jointly win the best action actress award at the movie event. (Photo: China Daily/Feng Yongbin)

Operation Red Sea, an action-packed blockbuster based on the Chinese navy's real evacuation of more than 800 people from Yemen during a civil war in 2015, was the top winner in Datong, with awards for the best picture, stunts and actress.

The award for the best actor was given jointly to Wu Jing and Duan Yihong for the crime thriller Explosion. Wu also got the best action director award for Wolf Warriors II.

The best actress award was also given jointly to Jiang Luxia for Operation Red Sea and Indian actress Fatima Sana Shaikh for the Hindi film Dangal, based on the real-life story of a wrestler and his daughters, which was a hit in China.

During the festival week, Chan visited some underdeveloped areas in rural Datong to promote local products. He says he was among an early group of top celebrities to launch a campaign targeting poverty alleviation. The Chinese government is aiming to eliminate absolute poverty by 2020.

http://image.cns.com.cn/ecns_editor/crawl/20180726/2T4Z-fywhxsa1364064.jpg
Chan with stunt performers at the movie week. (PHOTO BY FENG YONGBIN/CHINA DAILY)

The festival saw many industry insiders, film scholars and critics discuss the future of Chinese action movies, which are among the most popular Chinese cultural exports in the modern world.

"Action is one of the most influential genres in the history of Chinese cinema. Superstars such as Bruce Lee and Chan have made 'kung fu' a buzzword across the world," says Li Wei, president of 1905.com, the site of China Central Television's movie channel and a major sponsor of the film festival.

The highest-grossing Chinese films in North America are still martial arts titles, such as Ang Lee's Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000), Zhang Yimou's Hero (2002) and Fearless(2006), starring Jet Li.

Still, the genre has struggled in recent years and needs better storytelling for today's audience, says Yin Hong, a professor of Tsinghua University.

Also copying this to our Operation Red Sea thread. (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?70858-Operation-Red-Sea)

GeneChing
11-06-2019, 08:53 AM
I just copied out this indie Jackie Chan watches (as in wristwatches) (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71579-Jackie-Chan-watches-(as-in-wristwatches)) thread from Jackie Chan's franchises (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?56745-Jackie-Chan-s-franchises) because the holiday gift giving season is coming and who's your favorite publisher? :cool:

Style
When You’re Jackie Chan, You Wear Watches Named After Yourself (https://www.gq.com/story/watches-of-the-week-11-2-19?intcid=inline_amp)
Quite possibly the most high-wattage edition of watches of the week yet.
BY CAM WOLF
November 2, 2019

https://media.gq.com/photos/5dbb53bb9ea117000848d64a/16:9/w_2560%2Cc_limit/wotw-jackie.jpg
Getty Images / Photo Collage by Gabe Conte

Welcome to Watches of the Week, where we'll track the rarest, wildest, and most covetable watches spotted on celebrities.

Jackie Chan’s legacy is so powerful that people keep trying to make ridiculous things to capture the essence of a man who's acted in 141 movies, according to IMDB. A 2017 GQ profile lists a couple items of note from his stuntman campus: the half-Chan, half-horse statue made out of parts from past movie sets graced by the actor; a “legitimately ****ing incredible painting” of Chan doing kung fu on the edge of a canyon; a 1,000 year-old-tree he received from some guy for some thing—Chan can’t remember. But maybe nothing gets as close to honoring the sprawling legend of Jackie Chan than the Richard Mille watch that bears his name. The RM 57-03 pits a dragon and phoenix—both made out of gold—against one another inside the case, while a tourbillon whirs in the center. According to Richard Mille, the Phoenix is “the king of the birds,” while dragons are “the mounts of heavenly deities.” Jackie Chan is Jackie Chan—that’s good enough. That’s why he gets a special-made Richard Mille made out of titanium with a dial featuring two of the sky’s most mythical beasts. This week’s roundup of celebrity watches is chock full of other heavy hitters, too, like Drake, Diddy, and Roger Federer.

https://media.gq.com/photos/5dbb5106b2ccb20008b49960/master/w_1280%2Cc_limit/GettyImages-1183508163-il.jpg
Frazer Harrison/BAFTA LA
https://media.gq.com/photos/5dbb51064e024d0009826058/master/w_1280%2Cc_limit/Richard-Mille-Rm-57-01-Phoenix-Dragon-Jackie-Chan-4-t1415598009t_bp-t1415598009t_bp.jpg

Jackie Chan’s Richard Mille RM 57
Today, I am reorienting my entire life around a single goal: meeting Jackie Chan. A good chunk of that aforementioned GQ story revolves around Chan’s generosity. Johnny Knoxville—yes, that Johnny Knoxville—filmed a movie with Chan, and says the actor would give him a jacket just because he complimented it. One day, I will meet Chan, tell him I love his watch, and wait eagerly for my reward. Until then, I’ll appreciate Richard Mille’s propensity to work with unconventional subjects. Collaborating with adventurers, race car drivers, and accomplished divers is cool, but it doesn’t open you up to the sort of inspiration that results in a design featuring a dueling phoenix and dragon.

This article goes on to discuss other celebrity watches, but it's only Jackie's that publishers desire. ;)

GeneChing
01-08-2020, 09:08 AM
Jackie Chan has a fashion collaboration in the works (https://news.yahoo.com/jackie-chan-fashion-collaboration-works-155800307.html)
AFP Relax News AFP Relax News•January 7, 2020

https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/f7s2pB9AvFTXUwO1oBJwnQ--~B/aD0xOTk4O3c9MjkzMTtzbT0xO2FwcGlkPXl0YWNoeW9u/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/News/US-AFPRelax/000_hkg9221257.a4da7133249.original.jpg
Hong Kong actor Jackie Chan

Martial arts legend and movie star Jackie Chan is kicking off the year with a surprise fashion collaboration.

The Hollywood actor and stuntman from Hong Kong has teamed up with Chinese activewear label Li-Ning on a fashion collection scheduled to make its debut in Paris on January 18, reports WWD. The series will be unveiled as part of the label's catwalk show at the city's Centre Pompidou.

Dubbed 'Li-Ning x Jackie Chan,' the series, which will be available to shop in China, comes as the label marks its 30th anniversary this year.

"Jackie was deeply involved in the design process, bringing his years of personal experience and expertise in kung fu, the influence of which can be seen across the products," the label's founder, the champion gymnast Li-Ning, told WWD.

Chan is the latest in a string of famous figures to move in on the fashion industry -- 2019 saw multiple stars launch their own clothing ventures. Rihanna made waves with the launch of her luxury label Fenty under the LVMH umbrella, while actress Kate Hudson introduced a new ready-to-wear brand named Happy X Nature and singer Justin Bieber rolled out a line of skater-inspired pieces via his new label, Drew House.

THREADS
Jackie Chan's franchises (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?56745-Jackie-Chan-s-franchises)
Li Ning (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?55860-Li-Ning-opens-in-America)