PDA

View Full Version : my latest video

hskwarrior
03-19-2010, 07:55 AM
we were training last night and happened to record some of it....just a relaxed evening training in my garage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUMWFsuzuWo

sanjuro_ronin
03-19-2010, 08:20 AM
While I have never been a fan of long arm striking like that, I liked the clip.
The double stick work wasn't CLF though, what style of escrima was it?
1st year student?

yutyeesam
03-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Lookin' good! Sanjuro, I believe it is Latosa Escrima. btw, you should learn to love long swinging fist techniques - it makes you feel like King Kong mailing his fists to Chiner!

hskwarrior
03-19-2010, 08:25 AM
thanks. i haven't worked with the sticks for a while now....my students is learning. I practice Latosa Escrima. but i do incorporate my CLF into my escrima

the video was something we just threw together spur of the moment...alot of the stick work you see is FREESTYLE....nothing prearranged.

im not a first year student...and neither is my student. well....my student is only first few months....hahaha

hskwarrior
03-19-2010, 09:57 AM
the figure 8 techniques with the sticks CAN be applied with any bladed CMA weapon. Double Swords, butterfly swords, twin flutes (not bladed), double axes, ALL apply the same principals of the figure 8

yutyeesam
03-19-2010, 10:20 AM
double axes! now that's what i'm talkin about. let's start an axe gang and chop sh1t up!

(had redbull today. i'm a bit hyper)

hskwarrior
03-19-2010, 10:27 AM
we can start a new motorcycle club called KFM Choppers and have this little guy with axes be our logo hahahahaha

iron_silk
03-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Very nice that you are giving your student the one on one training.

I enjoyed it quite a bit and look forward to more videos as your student progress.

I especially like the part when you did the "Old Kung Fu Master" style with your hand behind your back!

hskwarrior
03-19-2010, 10:37 AM
iron silk,

thanks for you kind words. i firmly believe in knowing how to fight with one hand in case one gets grabbed, or broken, or restrained. it was a spontaneous video with no planning. the camera man just started filming our training session.

Shaolindynasty
03-19-2010, 03:18 PM
the figure 8 techniques with the sticks CAN be applied with any bladed CMA weapon. Double Swords, butterfly swords, twin flutes (not bladed), double axes, ALL apply the same principals of the figure 8

I actually thought you were training serng do techniques until I got past that part.

hskwarrior
03-19-2010, 04:52 PM
I actually thought you were training serng do techniques until I got past that part.

and thats the thing right there. they're interchangeable. are we bashing with sticks, or slicing with blades....both go hand in hand.

hskwarrior
03-23-2010, 08:44 PM
some new footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1GEGGnuQ58

Yum Cha
03-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Nice vids, looking good.

hskwarrior
03-23-2010, 10:33 PM
thanks....

uki
03-24-2010, 03:02 AM
LOL... i'd hate to meet you two guys in a dark alley... i might die from laughing. :D

:p

hskwarrior
03-24-2010, 07:41 AM
its better to die from laughing than to die from being FUNKED to death. I'll hold my breath while i whoop the living hell out of you hahahahahaha.

if you think UKI you can handle this....you won't have to me any of us in a dark alley. i'd come to the airport and drop these hammers on you as soon as you stepped off the plane. Killa Kali Style!

I'd be LOL at that one!!! :D :p:eek:

uki
03-24-2010, 02:38 PM
its better to die from laughing than to die from being FUNKED to death. I'll hold my breath while i whoop the living hell out of you hahahahahaha.

if you think UKI you can handle this....you won't have to me any of us in a dark alley. i'd come to the airport and drop these hammers on you as soon as you stepped off the plane. Killa Kali Style!

I'd be LOL at that one!!! you are such a sensitive guy. *makes a faerie fist* :p

hskwarrior
03-24-2010, 03:28 PM
im not sensitive....you are! hahahaha im just messing with you