PDA

View Full Version : Attn: extrajoseph

yutyeesam
03-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Do you know how the Sup Baat Lohon Kuen qigong routine got implemented in the Chan Family Choy Lay Fut regimen? Meaning, where did it start? Was it something developed by a Chan Family practitioner? Or was it something someone else outside the family created and brought to the Chan Family?

Just curious. It's a really nice routine.

Thanks,

hskwarrior
03-20-2010, 10:00 AM
wow....too good to answer a question huh joseph? i saw you online....figures.

taai gihk yahn
03-20-2010, 10:02 AM
wow....too good to answer a question huh joseph? i saw you online....figures.

he was probably too busy on the Baduanjin thread not answering my question...:p

JAZA
03-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Do you know how the Sup Baat Lohon Kuen qigong routine got implemented in the Chan Family Choy Lay Fut regimen? Meaning, where did it start? Was it something developed by a Chan Family practitioner? Or was it something someone else outside the family created and brought to the Chan Family?

Just curious. It's a really nice routine.

Thanks,

XJ sure can tell better, but 18 hands is part of Shaolin Luohan Qigong system. Choy Fook pass the system to Chan Heung Gung. It's a Saholin system, but in my opinion has some taoist influence too.

It is been said that 18 hands is the same that Yi jin jing, but I think is more kind of based on it with a more martial focus. Sup Baat luohan is aimed for jing,it's a long form and after years of doing I can always find new things. If you can learn it do it.

hskwarrior
03-20-2010, 01:22 PM
18 hands is part of Shaolin Luohan Qigong system

does Shaolin practice the same stuff as CLF? or is this exclusive to Chan Heung's lineage only?

JAZA
03-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Don't understand well your question, but Luohan qigong is part of CLF as Lion dance and chinese medicine does.

hskwarrior
03-20-2010, 03:51 PM
forgive me then. Does the Shaolin schools TEACH and PRACTICE the exact same Qigong forms taught to Chan Heung?

my original question was intended to ask "The Louhan forms taught to chan heung by Choy Fook, does anyone outside of CLF practice and teach the exact same forms? or were they only found in Chan Heung's CLF?

yutyeesam
03-20-2010, 05:37 PM
That's a good question, and pretty much what I was getting at. If it were outside the Chan Family, then perhaps the 18 Lohon Kuen qigong set could be cross referenced.
But if it isn't, then it seems like it could be considered a Chan Family original, which I think would be pretty cool, actually.

Really, it doesn't matter, because a good set is a good set. But if it was an adaptation/creation of the Chan Family, you could almost look at it as a Choy Lay Fut Qigong thing! (not that that matters either. labels labels labels! lol)

hskwarrior
03-21-2010, 11:13 AM
wow....unanswered questions....makes u wonder....lol

JAZA
03-21-2010, 04:24 PM
lol? what are you trying to prove?

hskwarrior
03-21-2010, 07:18 PM
nothing. nothing to prove. lol

iron_silk
03-21-2010, 07:38 PM
lol? what are you trying to prove?

Don't let him bother you. Frank is just being Frank.

Maybe JAZA doesn't know...and maybe extrajoseph doesn't want to start posting again.

For good reasons since we're all know where this will lead us....again!

hskwarrior
03-21-2010, 08:16 PM
no...i saw joseph online, he read this thread but chose not to reply. that's all. im having fun with him. he's the only one who made this forum interesting for me really.

iron_silk
03-21-2010, 09:00 PM
no...i saw joseph online, he read this thread but chose not to reply. that's all. im having fun with him. he's the only one who made this forum interesting for me really.

It is more interesting when we have conflict isn't it?

It also brings people with involvement to participate as well.

hskwarrior
03-21-2010, 09:17 PM
yup. i agree with you on that

extrajoseph
03-22-2010, 02:06 AM
Hi Frank,

Don't worry I am still watching you like a guardian angel. Are you interested in the history of Lohan 18 Hands according to Chan Yiu-Chi? Say so and I can tell you.

Meanwhile I am having some fun elsewhere on this forum.
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56712

XJ

hskwarrior
03-22-2010, 06:16 AM
with you as my guardian angel joseph....i'm in a LOT of trouble. hahahaha

hskwarrior
03-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Sure, Joseph im interested. but I'd be MORE interested in what Chan Heung recorded. I'll take Chan Yiu Chi, but there's no recordings from Chan Heung in this regard?

extrajoseph
03-22-2010, 07:07 AM
I don't have any documents by Chan Heung, I only have some stuff written by Chan Yiu-Chi and he has a long chapter on the Lohan 18 Hands, most of the stuff disappeared in the Cultural Revolution, including Chan Heung's weapons (eg. the 9 Dragon Trident) and THAT Tiger skin, but I heard with my own ears, they did exist.

hskwarrior
03-22-2010, 07:57 AM
That's good. Does Chan Yiu Chi mention what we're asking?

iron_silk
03-22-2010, 09:24 AM
All right you two...let's not completely highjack theard from yutyeesam.

I due believe his question should address before you two go on and on.

extrajoseph
03-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Well, I guess Frank don't really want to know, that is OK with me, one less item to worry about.

hskwarrior
03-22-2010, 10:57 AM
joseph, put ur spectacles on. i said i wanted to know.

extrajoseph
03-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Hi Frank,

I thought you said you only want to know if the material came from Chan Heung.

It came down through Choy Fook and is a form of Shaolin Five Animals Qigong only taught to the Chen family members, until Chen Yong-Fa openly taught it in the West. No other branch knows the form because it has always been kept with only the direct descendants.

According to CYF, this form saved his life because he was born weak and his grandfather Chan Yiu-Chi made him do it every morning when he was a kid with a couple of small lollies as an incentive.

It is a tertiary level form, because one is suppose to know how "Wan Hei" before cultivating the Jing and the Shen with this form. Also it is a pre-requisite to the secret of Tun Pei Dit Guek (bronze skin and steel bone), done with more Noikung and herbs.

hskwarrior
03-22-2010, 12:48 PM
No other branch knows the form because it has always been kept with only the direct descendants.

Choy Fook never taught this to anyone else?

extrajoseph
03-22-2010, 01:03 PM
When Chan Heung was studying with Choy Fook he had a few sihingdai, so I suppose they would have learned the same form, but where about their lineage these days, we don't know, but we can trace the names because they are written down.

iron_silk
03-22-2010, 01:11 PM
interesting...the last few exchanges were so civil...I just don't know what to do

extrajoseph
03-22-2010, 01:15 PM
You can always iron your silk. :eek::D

hskwarrior
03-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Oh that's right....you DO wear silk boxers!

iron_silk
03-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Silk is surprising comfortable next to the skin- HEY wait a minute how do you know about the underwear?...have you been stalking me Frank?

...some how I've drawn unfortunate attention upon myself....

....you know what? Go back to hating on each other instead...you know my grand-daddy can beat up your grand-daddy style....good old times...

hskwarrior
03-22-2010, 02:18 PM
mannnnnn yo gran daddee ain't nothin! he got beat up by the one armed bandit from australia.

yutyeesam
03-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. Do any other Chan Family lineages of CLF know/practice this 18 Lohan Kuen qigong set? Like the Fong Yuk Shu line or any other such folks under Chan Koon Pak? Or was this reserved purely for Chan Family?

Thanks, very interesting stuff and cool to know the history.

diego
03-23-2010, 05:05 PM
mannnnnn yo gran daddee ain't nothin! he got beat up by the one armed bandit from australia.

I just read your 5 Ancestors link...is there any real link between the Bak mei legend and the 5..why does BM have such a privacy to it?.

hskwarrior
03-23-2010, 08:11 PM
in the traditional history of the 5, i've never come across Bak Mei. I have heard of him when referring to the Gee Sim 5 ancestors.