PDA

View Full Version : Wah Lum website

JKDVIGILANTE
05-12-2000, 11:48 AM
I am interested in this style and was hoping someone could help me. The school I am curious about is 'WAH LUM KUNG FU & TAI CHI OF TAMPA'. Address: 3951 Kennedy Blvd W. Their website is:www.wahlum.org (Superpages.com) I would greatly appreciate any info. thanks,

------------------

J.L.B.

willfu
05-13-2000, 12:18 AM
I don’t know much about the school. But I know that it is a good one. When I was on vacation in Florida I studied with a person that studied there for quite a few years. He spoke very highly of it. So I would definitely recommend going there if you live anywhere near there.

JKDVIGILANTE
05-13-2000, 02:33 AM
Thanks willfu, that sounds encouraging.

------------------

J.L.B.

Kram1
05-18-2000, 06:06 AM
JKD,

There is a new praying mantis school in tampa. taught by John scolaro, just back from taiwan where he studied for 8yrs under Jeng Jong head of the taiwan M.A. team. The style is Pong Lai Wu Ji Praying mantis Gong Fu. I attended their 1st class yesterday Very good! 2 hr classes 3x/week. Only draw back is the expense $$$! Limited class size, excellent applications. It seemed that some of the students were form the Wah Lum school, which I hear is also good (altho different emphasis).
Kram1

Lost_Disciple
05-19-2000, 12:12 AM
Anybody got a phone number or address for the John Scolaro school?

05-20-2000, 08:26 PM
I'd really like his contact info as well.

Kram1
05-22-2000, 07:48 AM
Hi guys,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here is the address and phone number for the Pong Lai Martial Arts Center USA.

1542 N. Franklin St. ( Just north of the overpass ) Tampa Fl. 33602
tel: 813-221-5229

Mark

mantisgirl
06-16-2000, 07:18 AM
Hi jkdvigilante. You should go one over to the tampa school!! Sifu Hasse is great! He was my first sifu and you'll get alot of info from him if your really interested. Take the time to sit in on a class i think you'll enjoy it. warning this sifu will work you hard!!!! I loved it though.
Zu nyn hao yun!!!

jut sow
06-22-2000, 11:48 PM
tom hasse sucks,if u don't believe me, ask the chinese people in tampa.

on the other hand john scolero's kf is very good,also if u don't believe me, ask the chinese people in tampa.

XfeihungX
06-23-2000, 12:33 AM
jut sow...who the hell are u to say sifu tom haase sucks!i bet your kung fu isn't that great either...u say you're a true martial artist and all this other junk but then u over hear talkin trash...u have no respect what so ever.!!!You give hard workin, true martial artist a bad name.

jut sow
06-23-2000, 02:51 AM
wong fei hung, don' t hate the playa, hate the game. go back to practicing ur ping choi's.if u guys only knew whatz up.

KeyEssence
06-23-2000, 07:31 PM
" Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people!
JUT SOW........Going to the Wah Lum Tournament?.......probally not.....sparing Adult advanced?.....you should, Id love to show you my wrestling hands! I laugh at your ignorance.

jut sow
06-23-2000, 09:53 PM
key essence, you never know, i might be there. 2nd i don't play tag at tournaments. i would be happy to humble ur smart ass. don't let ur mouth write checks ur body can't cash.u think ur tough talk impresses me? cya around , oh don't whip anyones ass on the way home tonight.

mantisgirl
06-24-2000, 04:38 AM
Jut sow never assume here say!! Seek the truth of such words if you are so inclined to share them. All sifus have their strong and weak points as well as everyone. He worked for me and i was in the best shape of my life back then. Remember to never,i mean never bad mouth other kung fu brothers and sisters it's so unbecoming of such a great group of people we have here!!!!! Including yourself jut sow!!!!

Zu nyn hao yun!

KeyEssence
06-24-2000, 10:28 AM
Your comments reflect your mind and spirit, I think you are the one who needs to be humbled! Its easy to sit behind a computer and make commets..but face to face is another story! like a twig!
It seems you've forgotten the whole goal of being a martial artist. Anyway man i don't know you.....and you don't know me....you know nothing of martial arts ethics, no respect. don't get me wrong your entitled to your opinion but look carefully at your assumptions. I wish you luck in breaking free from the shackles of your own arrogance an ego. search for light never drown in darkness!!

"dont debate...open the gate.....to a clearer mind state.....

peace

jut sow
06-25-2000, 01:57 AM
mantisgirl, nothing personal to you.lot of bad experiences between him and i. when i met him he wouldn't talk to you unless you were beyond level 8. he made numerous rude remarks to me after i went out of my way to be friendly. if the truth be known, alot of other sifu don't like him, becsause of his attitude(i won't mention there names). you probably don't know that side of him. one particular incident was when i was at the temple, and we were building a sign, my kf brother was really overweight and tom made fun of him behind his back due to the fact of his weight. hok yun, hok yee? it is all lip service unless there around master chan. there are more incidents i won't go into.

key essence, ur right you don't know me,i don't know u. it's my opinion though. i'm not trying to damage anything, i just won't people to know the truth about things in wl. everyone *****es about it but know one ever says anything,because they are scared to death. u don't here of or know of these things unless u are at the source. if u only see how people are treated due to their opinion, it would shock u. i'm not bad mouthing master chan, i love him like a father, but he lets things happen that shouldn't. it broke my heart to find these things out,i just try to make people aware before they jump blindly into things. i have my values and morals that is why i get so mad and say things here. i respect my kf very much. what they say and teach and what they do are different things.try to see my point, i understand yours.

4time
07-05-2000, 01:52 AM
JKD' I was a student at the Wah Lum school in tampa for a short time, but found that it was not a 'good fit' for me. I also found sifu Hasse and his wife to be great people,and I like them both. I started up my training again with sifu Scolaro at the school Kram1 gave you info on. *813-997-8845* is the new # there.(same adrs.) As was mentioned before, different emphasis between the two schools. Why don't you try a month at both and see what you think,it's your time and money.

Lost_Disciple
07-05-2000, 02:41 AM
Hey jut sow, do you have e-mail? I was hoping to talk to you about some of these Wah Lum issues, and some of my personal experiences with them. Not trying to be secretive, but a lot of it's not stuff that should really be posted in public.

matrixninja
07-05-2000, 06:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jut sow:
tom hasse sucks,if u don't believe me, ask the chinese people in tampa.

on the other hand john scolero's kf is very good,also if u don't believe me, ask the chinese people in tampa.[/quote]

matrixninja
07-05-2000, 06:53 AM
Sorry about that I meant to say after that quote .

Why do you think Tom Hasse sucks do you know him, does he teach his Wah Lum wrong, is he a ******* what ?

I dont know Wah Lum kung fu, but I do plan on learning it, not from Tom From Dale in Gainesville , FL .

I was just wondering why you would say this about him.
------------------------
--------------------------------------------
"Believe the unbelievable"--The Matrix--