PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the Wooden Man

hpclub
03-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Dear all

I have a Pagoda Imports Wooden Man. unfortunaley I over the years a few marks have appeared through my side kicks. The marks are basically from my trainers. Does anybody no of a cleaning product that can be used to take off the rubber marks but not damage the wood or the tretment?

Regards

xingi dude
03-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Dear all

I have a Pagoda Imports Wooden Man. unfortunaley I over the years a few marks have appeared through my side kicks. The marks are basically from my trainers. Does anybody no of a cleaning product that can be used to take off the rubber marks but not damage the wood or the tretment?

Regards

Some of this depends on the finish -- if you've got a synthetic coating on it you might want to try furniture cleaner -- fine (00 grade) steel wool should also do it with minimal impact on the finish you can get it at most hardware stores (might take a while tho) -- hobby shops have it too but you'll pay more there.

MartialDev
03-19-2010, 03:31 PM
No! Keep kicking it, at all levels, from all angles. Never ever wash it. Eventually it will turn black, and that will prove you are a master. :D

k gledhill
03-19-2010, 03:51 PM
they call it..."MOJO" :D a clean dummy looks bad ;) like a fishing lure all shiny and new , means no fish caught :D

Tom Kagan
03-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Someone needs a dopeslap. It's a piece of wood, not an exotic high tech material. Spic-n-Span, Murphy's oil soap, Pledge... sheesh. Go look under the kitchen sink. Or, ask your mom or something.