PDA

View Full Version : i ran over my foo-dog

uki
03-20-2010, 02:56 AM
every temple has a dog(or had three of 'em)... i inadvertly backed or ran over my one eyed and nearly blind pekingese this morning in the dark, which happens to be the day of the spring equinox... he was 10 years old. what i find amusing is that he died exactly as i feared he would, only i am happy it was me and not someone else. now there only two female pekingese left, although one appears to be pregnant... i realize this has ZERO to do with martial arts at first glance, but ultimately this thread can be used to propagate a well mannered and etiquettely versed discussion on the role of the pekingnese species in ancient china... it is well documented that the pekingese was bred strictly for the imperial family and that any commoner found with one was promptly executed... most of these dogs had human servants... some would trail their emperor while holding the ends of his robe in order to keep it off the ground... i have also heard that they were kept by the order of shaolin in their temples to ward off evil spirits and also as a reminder to the emperors that the order is governed by no one - thus the order of the shaolin was the only other place in china that openly used a five clawed dragon in their art... commoners again would be executed, as the 5 clawed dragon was reserved only for the imperial family to use. these dogs have been replicated countless times as statuettes, figurines, and towering gate guardians... why the profound importance of this breed??

i always told everyone that my dog was an ancient emperor cursed to live as a pekingese under my ownership as a debt payment for ignoring the countless sufferings of his subjects - it's only fitting that i ran him over as he obviously desired my attention by following me to the truck. oh well... life goes on. :)

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff350/mossjuice/old1eye.jpg

sha'di (2000-2010) a dragon dog that died in the year of the tiger.

David Jamieson
03-20-2010, 06:09 AM
ouch!

condolences.

taai gihk yahn
03-20-2010, 07:01 AM
only on this Forum...

and only Uki...:rolleyes:

well, let's hope in his next incarnation he ends up...well, hmmm, where might he end up????

Hardwork108
03-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Condolences Uki.

Hardwork108
03-30-2010, 10:43 PM
well, let's hope in his next incarnation he ends up...well, hmmm, where might he end up????

He could end up as my dog.....:)