PDA

View Full Version : Gloves for Lat Sao

Ghaldszar
03-22-2010, 02:46 AM
Hi
I am looking for gloves for Wing Chun training especially for lat sao.
I bought a pair of Top Contender Quick Strike Grappling Gloves last year but I dont like them.

http://www.ringside.com/Top-Contender-Quick-Strike-Grappling-Gloves/productinfo/EGRAP/

I prefer the gloves which is protecting my opponent's face than my knuckles. But these gloves are not protecting both. Seams damage to middle of my fingers and scratch to my opponnets face. Wrist strap scratches arms and wrists of mine and my opponent.

Can you advice a glove for Lat Sao ?

grasshopper 2.0
03-22-2010, 12:26 PM
i use the everlast gel gloves that mimic hand wraps..they're more for boxing, but they're nice for latsao. occasionally they do catch on people's wrists and arms..but nothing significant.

does WT organization carry anything anymore? you can also look into karate sparring fist protectors as well. good luck!

SAAMAG
03-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Get some full face guards instead, then you don't have to worry about gloves or messing up your face for work the next day. Typically my sparring partner and I will "slap" the face (or palm) and go to town on the body and legs as we see fit that day if we don't have or want to put on gear that day.

Good for conditioning!! :D