PDA

View Full Version : One funny shirt

ghostexorcist
03-26-2010, 05:14 PM
This has got to be one of the funniest shirts I've seen in a long time:

http://bbpanda.spreadshirt.com/na-ge-plz-A5482040/customize/color/2

I think the word play is ingenious. The best part is no one (barring Mandarin speakers) will understand what it says.

I can only read simplified characters, so I could only recognize 那. But after I looked it up, I figured out the other one was the traditional form of 个. Then it all made sense. Ha!

David Jamieson
03-27-2010, 07:23 AM
This has got to be one of the funniest shirts I've seen in a long time:

http://bbpanda.spreadshirt.com/na-ge-plz-A5482040/customize/color/2

I think the word play is ingenious. The best part is no one (barring Mandarin speakers) will understand what it says.

I can only read simplified characters, so I could only recognize 那. But after I looked it up, I figured out the other one was the traditional form of 个. Then it all made sense. Ha!

dude, you would get more milage out of this in a chinese speaking forum.

just pointing it out. :) I could show you a bunch of hilarious swedish shirts too, but you woudn't understand them. lol

see how that goes over?

IronFist
03-27-2010, 12:26 PM
na ge plz?

The only thing I can think of is "n*gga plz"

But i'm sure there are Chinese characters that sound closer to that than "na" and "ge."

How about explaining what the funny is :)

TenTigers
03-27-2010, 01:20 PM
yeah, it comes out "Nigga Please!" (as quoted by Sho-Nuff) funny.:D

ghostexorcist
03-27-2010, 01:36 PM
dude, you would get more milage out of this in a chinese speaking forum.

just pointing it out. :) I could show you a bunch of hilarious swedish shirts too, but you woudn't understand them. lol

see how that goes over?Practitioners of Chinese kung fu come into contact with the language all of the time. There are many that go onto study the language too. So you would think this would get plenty of mileage. Besides, it even tells you what it means on the site.

Feel free to show off some funny Swedish shirts. I'm open to other stuff.

na ge plz?

The only thing I can think of is "n*gga plz"

But i'm sure there are Chinese characters that sound closer to that than "na" and "ge."

How about explaining what the funny is :)Yep, that's the implied meaning. "That one, plz" is rather appropriate. I'm not an expert in Mandarin, so I can't suggest anything else.

The word play makes it funny. But I guess I also think about that Chris Rock cereal commercial whenever I see it too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I11w-rl6iaY

Eddie
03-28-2010, 06:17 AM
funny, but this would have been funnier 你个 (ni ge - you)

MasterKiller
03-29-2010, 07:46 AM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kyl8qpfebi1qa2affo1_500.jpg

SPJ
03-29-2010, 08:25 AM
actually

the original meaning was who will be here please

meaning you may put your picture, school, emblem, or whatever and claim it your own.

simply mean you put whatever you want on the shirt.

but the funny part is actually P or pee means f a r t in chinese

na ge pee means that is f a r t or that is s h i t.

there are many chinese mixed with english terms nowadays on chinese daily languages and on the internet

they are not appropiate chinese or english.

but the mix up is very funny or misleading a lot of time.

gou pee is dog f a r t or just bull in english

so when you say go plz---

:eek:

onedrunkduck
04-10-2010, 02:07 AM
this is so hilarious, isn't it?

David Jamieson
04-10-2010, 06:28 AM
really? this is about the word "nigga"

really?

:rolleyes:

mawali
04-10-2010, 12:50 PM
really? this is about the word "nigga"

really?

:rolleyes:

It is word play attempting to capitalize on the infamous US American word!
like in US, the expression is "Say what?" is expressed in my Montreal cousins and some in Toronto as "c'est what?" I went to Caribana a few years and there was a few well known expressions in a soca/dance/ song of "No toilet for ah man to sit" and similar "double entendre" scenarios!