PDA

View Full Version : World Tai Chi and Qigong Day

DragonStudios
03-20-2001, 06:47 PM
World Tai Chi Day is April 7th. Are any of your schools planning events/demonstrations?

I'm hosting Utah's event this year. Our event will take place on the University of Utah campus. I've gotten commitments with several area Tai Chi schools, so the demonstrations should be really good this year.

Without going outside, you may know the whole world.
Without looking through the window, you may see the ways of heaven.
The ****her you go, the less you know.
--Lao Tsu

count
03-30-2001, 12:47 AM
Our class will be at the Rose Bowl In LA for the event. Should be a riot. We plan on showing Chen Style and Bagua Elbows. Hopefully a lot of people to push with. Any others got plans for the occasion?
ÿ

GeneChing
04-03-2001, 06:11 PM
Check out our e-zine at www.KungfuMagazine.com (http://www.KungfuMagazine.com), we have an article about this event that was just posted last week.

Gene Ching
Asst. Publisher
Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KungfuMagazine.com (http://www.KungfuMagazine.com)

red_fists
03-28-2002, 07:35 PM
Hi.

Who of your Guys is doing anything for the "World Tai Chi Day" on April the 6th/2002??

Just curious.

Daniel Madar
03-28-2002, 09:10 PM
Hey,

I got married on world tai chi day last year!

-D

count
03-28-2002, 09:27 PM
:D
My teacher is having open bagua class for all in the area. Probably we'll go against the crowd at 10 and play Chen. I'm sure last year everyone played Yang in the rain. I hope it doesn't rain again. Anyone else in the LA area going?

red_fists
03-28-2002, 09:29 PM
Most prolly me and some Students from my Kwoon will head to the Park and do our Forms.

But I haven't heard of anything organised on this side of the Globe.

Nexus
03-29-2002, 12:55 AM
World taiji day, April 6, is the Official opening of the Taoist & Oriental Healing Arts Center here in Alaska. We have been working long and hard to get our new center up and running and we will unveil it April 6 with fun festivities, tai chi and partying!!!

For any in the Alaskan Tundra and the Anchorage area on April 6th, come check out the World Taiji Day at the (New) Oriental Healing Arts Center -

2636 Spenard Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99503
(907) 279-0135

Qi Energy Healing ~ QiGong ~ Taiji ~ Massage ~ Feng Shui ~ Meditation ~ Herbs

It will be lots of fun so come and join us.

----

So yes us Alaskans will be doing taiji and cultivating the warm energy that the entire global community of tai chi players will be dancing in on April 6th.

- Nexus

Subitai
03-31-2003, 09:06 AM
Hey anyone listening,

The 5th annual World Tai Chi Day is comming up:

Saturday APRIL 12TH 10AM at many places around the country

Look up where an event might be coming in your area here:

http://worldtaichiday.org/

....go to search events.

Peace,
"O"
Cheng Yee South Shaolin Kung Fu

PS> The event in my local area is at Harkness Memorial Park in Waterford CT.

Subitai
03-31-2003, 09:07 AM
Hey anyone listening,

The 5th annual World Tai Chi Day is comming up:

Saturday APRIL 12TH 10AM at many places around the country

Look up where an event might be coming in your area here:

http://worldtaichiday.org/

....go to search events.

Peace,
"O"
Cheng Yee South Shaolin Kung Fu

PS> The event in my local area is at Harkness Memorial Park in Waterford CT.

GeneChing
03-31-2003, 10:51 AM
That is listed on our calendar (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/news/index.php?month=04&year=2003) . I'll just be coming back from China then. ;)

Guile
04-01-2003, 01:36 AM
IIts only a few days away!

herb ox
04-01-2003, 10:44 AM
will you be demonstrating your Sun style, Brother O?

I'll be doing mine across the country on the other coast

Subitai
04-02-2003, 10:30 AM
Yes I will, as well as some other things.

There is already a bunch a Yang out there.

I just hope there's good weather that day, never know in New England.

Not that you even have to worry about it...rat *******s in CA.

"O"

herb ox
04-02-2003, 10:42 AM
Glad to hear of some Sun style representation in your neck of the woods. Also glad to see you online on the forum. There's some pretty interesting stuff getting posted here... I learn something new everyday ('course, when you're like me, that don't say much!).

BTW, I saw the KWOON DVD a couple of weekends ago. The scene with Nate doing taiji to combat the mummy was hilarious! Good soundtrack ;)

Not so sure 'bout Todd's bloody nips, though. Is it from too many t!tty twisters back when we used to train?

count
04-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Subitai
Yes I will, as well as some other things.

There is already a bunch a Yang out there.

I just hope there's good weather that day, never know in New England.

Not that you even have to worry about it...rat *******s in CA.

"O"

Much as I like the weather here in CA, and nice as it's been lately, it has rained on at least 3 of the last 4 World Tai Chi Day events.:D

Subitai
04-04-2003, 06:32 AM
I used to all over this board from 97-00, from before Genes mag took control over the Forum.

Went around the board and back on most of the interesting topics. Battling **** trolls like "WORD", back in the day. Gene spanked him so hard recently.

If you stay long enough and watch the newbies come and go, you see that just about every topic is cyclical and gets rehased over and over and over.

I didn't post for like a year and 1/2, and I lost my post count. But it used to be allot more.

Yeah, I agree, I still come around and find a few gems. But I mostly hang out on the www.HungKuen.net "Southern Forum".

Peace,
"O"

Bill Douglas
07-10-2003, 12:22 PM
JOIN US -- WORLD T'AI CHI & QIGONG DAY.

JOIN US IN AN UNPRECEDENTED GLOBAL MOVEMENT FOR HEALTH & HEALING -- WORLD T'AI CHI & QIGONG DAY. VISIT THE "ALL NEW" www.worldtaichiday.org site. Tell others !!

Also, get involved in ongoing FREE events and utilize our hundreds of pages of FREE resources on and about T'ai Chi & Qigong, and spreading it out to the world.

www.worldtaichiday.org is a global hub where you can connect with enthusiasts worldwide to share experiences, information, successes, and challenges with Tai Chi & Qigong

Repulsive Monkey
07-11-2003, 06:26 AM
Hardly historic now is it?
Why be so deficient and advertise this event for one day a year, this should be done every single day if you really want to convert people!??

woliveri
04-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Anything going on this year? Anyone have any details on this year's event in the Los Angeles area?

count
04-12-2004, 08:09 PM
We'll be there as always. I haven't heard about any ohters this year, but it's always a good time. (Unless it rains) ;) :p :cool:

woliveri
04-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Count,

Do you have a web site for the LA area event? I only slightly remember the location from last year.

Thanks,

oasis
04-16-2005, 06:41 PM
anyone doing any public events for this (http://www.worldtaichiday.com/HistoryofWTCQDPowerPoint.html) on April 30th?

We're going to be practicing taiji and qigong in audubon park in new orleans.

kejia nu ren
04-18-2005, 08:31 PM
There will be a gathering in Dragon Park 10am-12noon in Nashville with participants from different taiji schools in the area.

SPJ
04-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Cool.

I had to work today.

But tommorrow I am free, I have many friends that invited me to practice Chen Tai Ji Lao Jia Yi Lu and Pao Zui tommorrow morning.

There will be some huge gathering in Pasadena, too.

I do not like to drive.

So a few people and the nearby park will suffice.

:)

Dronak
04-30-2005, 09:49 PM
No, I didn't do anything special for it. I just practiced at home. One of these days I should try to see if there's an event near me that I can go to. It would probably be fun.

scholar
05-01-2005, 09:46 AM
I taught beginner, intermediate and advanced classes from 10AM until 6PM. That was my contribution. :rolleyes:

The amount of people internationally who do at least a little training every day make every day world T'ai Chi day, AFAIC.

lstern
05-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Nice job, Scholar! We had workshops from 10AM-4PM demonstarting form, weapons, qigong, and push-hands.

Keep passing on our Wu style taijiquan!

Larry

norther practitioner
05-02-2005, 09:29 PM
We had a potluck, did some demos, it was fun.... Had about 4 schools there I think. I hope we get some more people next year.

oasis
05-03-2005, 09:00 AM
but it rained like crazy! :mad: i even still went hoping that the rain would go down but it didnt. oh well, we'll be doing plenty more in the park...

zhangxihuan
04-04-2007, 07:14 AM
Hey anyone going to the World Tai Chi and Qi Gong Day/Festival in Los Angeles?
I just heard about it three weeks ago, just curious if anyone from this board is going....apparently its pretty good..

Li Ma-Keh
04-05-2007, 08:55 AM
World Tai-Chi, Chi-Gong Day is being held in Warren,Ohio on Saturday,April 28th.,2007, at 10:00AM, at the Asian 'Tea-Garden Gazabo' in Packard Park on Rt. 45,(Mahoning ave.). It is a world-wide celebrated event that is FREE and open to the public! host instructor; Li Ma-Keh

dharmastudent
04-05-2007, 12:12 PM
where is it going to be held?

ShaoliNeophyte
04-06-2007, 01:34 PM
The Los Angeles event will be held at the Brookside Park near the Rosebowl in Pasadena from 8AM to 1PM on April 28th.

I've never made it out there for it, but a lot of people from my school go every year and have a great time.

dharmastudent
04-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Great! Thanks for the info!

brucereiter
05-24-2007, 10:51 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YFK078nTkzc

enjoy.

shrub
05-28-2007, 09:32 AM
???? wasted 30 sec of my time

brucereiter
05-29-2007, 01:40 AM
???? wasted 30 sec of my time:):):):):):):):):):)

sideslider
04-24-2009, 11:58 AM
So I did a search and was suprised not see any thing on the world tai chi day this Saturday.

http://www.worldtaichiday.org/ABOUTwtcqd.html

dimethylsea
03-27-2010, 10:16 PM
World Tai Chi Day.

I think this year I’m going to take part in world tai chi day. Any one else? Last Saturday in April if you don't know.

I was gonna... but P-Funk is playing Jazzfest. Can't miss it!

scholar
03-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Every day is world tai chi day...

SPJ
04-02-2010, 07:52 PM
my brother has a qi gong class.

so they always do something on that day.

:)

GeneChing
04-16-2010, 09:55 AM
In S.F. we have the 12th World Congress on Qigong/TCM and 12th World Tai Chi and Qigong Day (http://www.eastwestqi.com/wcq/wcq.html).

What's going on in your 'hood? :)

Eugene
04-16-2010, 11:34 AM
In our small hood the orginisation invited 6 schools in a big park ( Chen and Yang schools)
I will also take part that day, the schedual is from 10:00 to 15:00 here. i hope the sun will shine in Holland and everywhere else.

kristcaldwell
04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
we're having a couple mass performances and demonstrations in austin...not sure if i'll be one of the performers seeing as how i'm an external kind'a guy.

GeneChing
04-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Almost all are just small local newspapers or college papers.

There's about 50 hits for "world tai chi qigong day". That made an event listing in the NYT:

ELEVENTH ANNUAL WORLD TAI CHI-QIGONG DAY (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/23/arts/23spare.html) Saturday, beginning at 10 a.m., demonstrations of this ancient Chinese form of exercise, along with martial arts displays. Central Park, East Meadow, north of 97th Street, west of Fifth Avenue , classicalyangtaichi.com.

sideslider
04-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Boise Idaho had 51 players in a park in front of the Capitol building.

Just fyi...

GeneChing
04-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Gigi tells me that the S.F. event was a huge success. Of course, the fact that it was a gorgeous weekend in S.F. surely helped with the Union Square demo.

Here's a few international highlights off the newssfeeds:

In New Zealand

Hundreds give exercises a go (http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/news/3622616/Hundreds-give-exercises-a-go)
By MARYANNE TWENTYMAN - Waikato Times
Last updated 13:00 26/04/2010

More than 200 people showed off their moves at Hamilton's Melville Park on Saturday for World Tai Chi and Qigong Day.

Instructor Shelley Leong said tai chi was a martial arts-based exercise and qigong was a static energy exercise.

"Both forms are becoming more fashionable in New Zealand and it was great to see so many people participating on Saturday and seeing what forms of exercise were available," Ms Leong said.

Tai chi is used by ACC as a fall prevention exercise for people over 65 "but people of all ages take part in tai chi and get a lot of benefit from the exercise".

Ms Leong said both disciplines helped with balance, removed stress and prepared for sport and dancing.

In Brazil (reported by China)

Brazil celebrates World Tai Chi Day (http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2010-04/25/c_13266231.htm)
English.news.cn 2010-04-25 09:27:26
by Natalia Costa

BRASILIA, April 24 (Xinhua) -- Brazil's capital celebrated Saturday the World Tai Chi and Qigong Day for the 80th time, counting on the presence of the date's founders, Bill Douglas and his wife Angela Wong Douglas.

"We have known the Brazilians for several years, because they send photos, videos and news coverage of their events. But this is the first time we have met all face to face and it is being a very beautiful experience," said Bill in an interview to Xinhua during the event.

The 80th year of Tai Chi Day celebration in Brasilia presented very different scenery to the first event, when only about 30 people attended the activities at the Square of Universal Harmony. This time, organizers estimate that about a thousand people have participated in the party.

China-born Moo Shong Woo, known to his pupils and admirers as Master Woo, has introduced Tai Chi practice in Brasilia 36 years ago. He arrive in Brazil in 1961 and lives in the country's capital since 1968.

About 150 people of all ages attend daily Tai Chi classes given by him and his pupils, who became teachers themselves. Throughout these years classes are free and are held outdoors at the Square of Universal Harmony, which was declared an intangible cultural heritage of Brasilia in 2007.

"Brazilians have a very beautiful way of practicing Tai Chi and Qigong. That is one of the things about Tai Chi and Qigong, everybody does the same forms, which came all from China, but everybody has their own cultural flavor that they add to Tai Chi and Qigong and it is really a beautiful thing," noted Bill Douglas.

The Tai Chi enthusiast supports that this Chinese practice should be taught to children at schools, since there are studies proving that Tai Chi is highly beneficial to those who suffer from Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).

"An increasing number of children suffer from ADHD in the United States and they are given drugs that completely suppress their creativity," he warned.

Douglas himself started practicing Tai Chi 30 years ago because he faced serious problems due to an increasingly common ill of contemporary world: stress. So, he accepted a friend's suggestion and enrolled in Tai Chi classes.

"In the whole world, the population is growing, people are changing jobs faster, changing careers faster, everything is quickening. I want to share these tools because Tai Chi and Qigong, these incredible gifts from China, are right now most needed by the whole world," he explains.

"If the world embraced Tai Chi and Qigong, it would save trillions of dollars spent every year with health care costs," adds Douglas.

The World Tai Chi and Qigong Day is celebrated on the last Saturday of April and is part of World Health Organization's calendar as one of the "healthy events" linked to the World Health Day.

About 70 countries and regions celebrated the World Tai Chi and Qigong Day on Saturday. According to Bill Douglas, the date was celebrated for the first time in Havana, Cuba, and in Alexandria, Egypt.

In Brasilia, besides the presentations of Tai Chi and Qigong movements shown by teachers and students, a Lion Dance in northern style performed by the Chinese Culture Center's group was a much applauded attraction.

This group, directed by Chinese Wang Hsiao Po, is composed of ten members. Curiously, most of them are Brazilians that have no Chinese origin.

As one of China's traditional martial arts, Tai Chi includes fist, sword, broadsword, spear and push-hand skills. Especially the push-hand is known for its demanding tactics and technique, allowing a powerful and aggressive opponent to be defeated by a flick of the wrist or abrupt explosive power.
Editor: Yang Lina

TaichiMantis
04-28-2010, 04:47 AM
On Cnn's iReport http://www.ireport.com/blogs/ireport-blog/2010/04/26/tai-chi-everwhere?hpt=Sbin

stonecrusher69
04-30-2010, 05:37 PM
I went to the one in central park in nyc. I was expecting a bigger turn out and at least some vendors but there where none. It was a great great day met some people I have not seen in years. Did push hands with a few guys..

SPJ
05-03-2010, 10:05 AM
the energy level must be high

since every one is doing tai chi around the same time all over the globe

1. people, heaven and earth

tian di ren 3 harmonies or san he

peace and harmony among your internal organs, among people and the environment

---

SPJ
05-03-2010, 10:06 AM
I meant every day is a tai chi day for me

i consider the 3 harmonies every day.

:D

GeneChing
03-01-2011, 11:04 AM
I just merged a few stray old World Tai Chi day threads into this one. Now, coincidentally, this thread starts in 2005 when it was on the same date apparently. :cool:

Xian
05-05-2011, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLsmJQuCToY

Cool its spreading all. :)

Kind Regards,
Xian

GeneChing
05-05-2011, 05:19 PM
I must add World Congress on Qigong and TCM in San Francisco (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1094548) as that is a World Tai Chi Qigong day-related event.

Subitai
03-14-2012, 07:41 PM
WTCD is almost upon us.

Anybody wanna come and throw down? :) ............... Or be civil, POT Luck BBQ your Arse off and at least touch hands alittle?

I'll be a sponsor school for this event in Eastern Connecticut:
10:00 AM Sat., Apr 28th
Colchester Town Green (obviously in Colchester)

More info: http://www.connecticuttaichi.us/

Best, "O"

David Jamieson
03-26-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm going to play the Beijing 24 every time I hear the word "radishes" on that day.

GeneChing
04-24-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm going to be calling DJ and saying 'radishes, radishes, radishes'.

taai gihk yahn
04-24-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm gonna go down to my local park with my tai chi ruler and straighten those hippies out...

oh, and "radishes"

GeneChing
05-01-2012, 11:19 AM
However, our intrepid publisher, Gigi Oh, made the local rounds. I just posted a album of her photos on our facebook page. (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150872665219363.483808.135964689362&type=3)

GeneChing
04-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Oddly, I'm scheduled to attend a Rock concert again this year. :o

GeneChing
04-26-2013, 03:21 PM
I was thinking I'd go see Tai Chi Hero (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64762) but I don't think I'll be able to swing that tomorrow. I'll do my qigong, like I do every day. Maybe I'll go down to the beach and do it there. Maybe not.

GeneChing
04-29-2013, 10:33 AM
I posted some photos on our facebook (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150872665219363.483808.135964689362&type=1) of a local event that the Tiger Claw Foundation supported, again at Ohlone College, which is right down the street from our office.

GeneChing
04-21-2014, 08:45 AM
Our forum sponsor is celebrating with a 25% off sale on select Tai Chi & Qigong DVDs and CDs. Offer ends on 4/26/14.

ADDITIONAL 25% OFF! World Tai Chi & Qigong Day Sale! (http://www.martialartsmart.com/buy-more-save-more.html)
The World Tai Chi and Qigong Day is April 26, 2014.
Enjoy the Additional 25% off for all items on this page.
Limit 5 per item per order. The discount will be applied automatically in your shopping cart.

Just like last year, the Tiger Claw Foundation is doing some grassroots work by supporting the our local Tai Chi & Qigong community with 2nd Annual World Tai Chi & Qigong Day at Ohlone College.

2nd Annual World Tai Chi & Qigong Day at Ohlone College (http://tigerclawfoundation.org/)

The Tiger Claw Foundation is supporting the 2nd Annual World Tai Chi & Qigong Day on April 26, 2014 at Ohlone College in Newark, California. For more information, see http://dev.ohlone.edu/instr/health/worldtaichiqigongday.html.
In cooperation with Ohlone.edu and KungFuMagazine.com

As for me personally, I'm doing some volunteer work for a Summit for the Planet Walk-a-thon, which isn't really Tai Chi or Qigong orientated at all, but at least it's not a rock concert. I'll recite some qigong, like I do every day, there. Maybe even do some Tai Chi, if I can still remember any...:o

mawali
04-21-2014, 08:50 AM
I'm going to play the Beijing 24 every time I hear the word "radishes" on that day.

Likewise! my words are "obfuscation" and "jalousie"! It will be tough, believe me!:D

GeneChing
04-28-2014, 10:25 AM
...I did my daily qigong, but nothing special. I also went on a nice hike prepping the Walk-a-thon.

Gigi took photos at the Ohlone WTC&QD gathering again. We just posted them on our facebook album (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150872665219363.483808.135964689362&type=3&uploaded=31). We'll post the rest tomorrow.

In honor of World Tai Chi & Qigong Day last Saturday, MartialArtsMart.com is extending its 25% Off Sale on Tai Chi & Qigong DVDs until May 31st, 2014 (http://www.martialartsmart.com/buy-more-save-more.html?sorttype=0&page=404)!

GeneChing
04-15-2015, 10:17 AM
The Tiger Claw Foundation is again supporting this growing local project:

World Tai Chi & Qigong Day at Ohlone College (http://tigerclawfoundation.org/)

The Tiger Claw Foundation is supporting World Tai Chi & Qigong Day at Ohlone College on April 18, 2015 at the Ohlone College Newark Center, 39399 Cherry Street, Newark, California. Free seminars, workshops and performances will be held from 9:30 AM-3:30 PM ($2 Parking Fee enforced after 12 Noon).

In cooperation with Ohlone.edu and KungFuMagazine.com

This year, I'm doing volunteer work for a Summit for the Planet Walk-a-thon again. It's an Earth Day thing and I'm doing medical support. Then I might go to a reggae show that night. That's a 4/20 thing. ;)

GeneChing
04-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Due to scheduling of the college, WTC&QD was celebrated early at Ohlone this year. I just posted some photos on our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150872665219363.483808.135964689362&type=3).

I have changed my personal plans for WTC&QD this weekend. I will be attending Tan Dun's Martial Trilogy (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?61563-Tan-Dun-s-Martial-Trilogy) at S.F. Symphony. :cool:

GeneChing
04-12-2016, 01:43 PM
24 Hours of World Peace Livestream

http://tigerclawfoundation.org/images/24-HRS-Full-Render-Wt-Bkg.jpg

The Tiger Claw Foundation (http://tigerclawfoundation.org/) is supporting 24 Hours of World Peace Livestream for World Tai Chi and Qigong Day, April 30, 2016. Taiji lovers around the world will congregate for public demonstrations and free classes, starting in New Zealand at 10am local time, and progressing time zone by time zone, for 24 hours, presented by host David-Dorian Ross. For more information, visit facebook.com/24hoursofworldpeace. And tune in to our simulcast at KungFuMagazine.com.

In cooperation with taijifit.net and KungFuMagazine.com.

We will be setting up a Livestream portal for this on KungFuMagazine.com (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/). It'll launch on Friday April 29.

SPJ
04-19-2016, 09:41 AM
great super cool.

GeneChing
04-22-2016, 08:04 AM
The Livestream will be hosted here: 24 HOURS OF WORLD PEACE LIVESTREAM (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=1294)

GeneChing
04-27-2016, 11:25 AM
The Tiger Claw Foundation is supporting two events this weekend for World Tai Chi Qigong Day: 24 Hours of World Peace Livestream & Martial Arts Combat Essentials with Grandmaster Xiao Jiaze. Visit TigerClawFoundation.org (http://tigerclawfoundation.org) for information.

GeneChing
04-29-2016, 02:46 PM
24 HOURS OF WORLD PEACE LIVESTREAM (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=1294) starts now. Tune in!

PalmStriker
05-10-2016, 10:46 AM
:) Journey to the WEST : https://chinesemartialstudies.com/2016/05/09/the-professor-and-his-students-taijiquans-complicated-journey-to-the-west/

GeneChing
04-27-2017, 09:12 AM
Starting at 3:00PM PST, join us and David Dorian-Ross for the 2017 24 Hours of World Peace Livestream (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=1356)!

GeneChing
04-19-2018, 08:00 AM
We might not doing anything official for WTCQD this year at this point due to scheduling conflicts, but check out the Bill Douglas' official site. It's been updated and has this cool events map.

World Tai Chi Day Events Around the World (http://worldtaichiday.org/)
Hover over one of the markers (it takes a while) and the name and location of the event will appear. These events are from previous years (and not every event is listed) for illustration purposes only. Use the search above to find current events. (Someday, we will get the current listings in a map like below, but for now you will have to live with a text listing by country and state or province.) It's a little buggy so if you visit the site, click 'events' on the topmost nav bar to see the map.

GeneChing
05-07-2018, 08:21 AM
I did my daily qigong like usual and then visited LA's Chinatown for the first time.

https://instagram.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/8f310cc6d5ecf7fc71bd28ee7a1aa4ab/5B8E503C/t51.2885-15/s750x750/sh0.08/e35/30855922_2026672094253776_6853673584187932672_n.jp g

GeneChing
04-16-2019, 11:20 AM
It struck me as kind of funny that this Tai Chi-a-thon was off by one day.

Oklahoma Healthy Aging Initiative (OHAI) to Host the 2019 Statewide Tai Chi-A-Thon (https://www.duncanbanner.com/news/oklahoma-healthy-aging-initiative-ohai-to-host-the-statewide-tai/article_12f6afd8-5f83-11e9-9acb-573aa6898d6b.html)
Special to The Banner Apr 15, 2019

OHAI will host their first annual Statewide Tai Chi-A-Thon fundraiser on Friday, April 26th. This event will be held from 9 a.m. to noon at five locations across the state (Oklahoma City, Durant, Enid, Catoosa, and Lawton). Registration is $40 and includes a free event t-shirt for those registered by April 5th.

Tai Chi is a series of gentle physical exercises and stretches. Generally safe for all ages and fitness levels, Tai Chi can help older adults reduce their risk of falling, while also increasing balance and flexibility. Health benefits include reduced blood pressure, better sleep, improved muscular strength, and enhanced mental well-being. It does not matter how strong, flexible or active you are – Tai Chi is designed for people of all ages and levels of health.

OHAI is committed to enhancing the health and quality of life of older Oklahomans and their caregivers through community classes, workshops and professional trainings. Proceeds of the Tai Chi-A-Thon will help OHAI continue to reach all 77 counties across Oklahoma with health education classes and resources.

GeneChing
04-26-2019, 02:12 PM
It's tomorrow. Anyone doing anything of note? I'll do some Tai Chi & Qigong for sure. But I always do some Qigong. My Tai Chi is pretty sporadic.

GeneChing
04-25-2020, 09:26 AM
Anyone doing anything during the pandemic (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71666-Coronavirus-(COVID-19)-Wuhan-Pneumonia)? I mean aside from just reciting some Tai Chi & Qigong?

I do some qigong every day so to sound very cliche, every day is qigong day.

GeneChing
04-19-2021, 09:44 AM
Read my latest feature for YMAA: World Tai Chi & Qigong Day 2021: Starting Tai Chi in the Pandemic (https://ymaa.com/articles/2021/apr/world-tai-chi-qigong-day-2021-starting-tai-chi-pandemic)

https://ymaa.com/sites/default/files/images/article/articles-20210419-chenhan-yang.jpg

GeneChing
04-23-2021, 08:52 AM
Honoring World Tai Chi & Qigong Day! Read David Grantham on Writing with your Master (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=1589) by Gene Ching

http://www.kungfumagazine.com//admin/site_images/KungfuMagazine/images/ezine/8884_Writing-with-Master_Lead.jpg

Threads
Tai-Chi-Push-Hands-by-David-Grantham-and-Dr-Yang-Jwing-Ming (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71974-Tai-Chi-Push-Hands-by-David-Grantham-and-Dr-Yang-Jwing-Ming)
World-Tai-Chi-and-Qigong-Day (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?56828-World-Tai-Chi-and-Qigong-Day)

GeneChing
04-24-2021, 09:10 AM
Happy World Tai Chi & Qigong Day!

Hope y'all are practicing something today (like usual, I hope that too)

GeneChing
03-28-2022, 08:06 AM
Might as well get this ttt-ed now...

Fundraiser set for World Tai Chi and World Healing Day (https://www.theunion.com/news/fundraiser-set-for-world-tai-chi-and-world-healing-day/)
News NEWS | March 24, 2022

Submitted to The Union
Homer Nottingham strides into a meeting like a man half his age.

With the help of Kiwanis Club, of which he is a member, Nottingham is planning to honor World Tai Chi and Qigong Day on April 30 with a local fundraiser for Nevada County Media, a Grass Valley organization that offers free membership for any student wanting to learn to make video or audio recordings.

Nottingham, 83, attributes his youthfulness to his practice of Tai Chi and Qigong. Many know of him through his classes on at the Pioneer Park band shell in Nevada City.

Nottingham wasn’t always a Tai Chi master. In his earlier life he was a division vice president for American Express in the LA marketplace. On a business trip to Hong Kong in the 1980s, he was introduced to Qigong. After his return he took classes at Esalen in Big Sur and Omega Institute in New York. He then began teaching Qigong and Tai Chi when he retired in 2001, and has been teaching and training new instructors for over 20 years.

On their shared birthday (March 24) in 1978, Nottingham met his wife-to-be Jan during a real estate transaction. Attracted by her “extraordinary beauty and friendly attitude,” he asked her to dinner to celebrate their mutual birthday. They were married exactly one year later.

Together they keep up on their Qigong/Tai Chi practice and run Vital Energy Arts. Through their business, at various venues, Homer teaches classes and workshops and trains new instructors, and Jan does expressive arts workshops.

“Qigong/Tai Chi keeps us in tip-top shape and keeps us young,” Nottingham said. “We are both in great shape and enjoy a productive and fun life because of our practice.”

On April 30, World Tai Chi and Qigong Day, Nottingham will hold a fundraiser at Pioneer Park, 421 Nimrod St., Nevada City. The event will include food, Tai Chi and Kung Fu demonstrations, a performance by the Grass Valley Taiko Drummers, and Nottingham’s classes in Tai Chi and Easy Ageless Tai Chi/Qigong.

There will also be a silent auction of items donated by local merchants and individuals. All proceeds will go to Nevada County Media, where Nevada County students are eligible for free membership. There, they can learn how to record, edit, and share video and audio projects. NC Media provides all training and use of equipment to members.

“World healing is the goal of World Tai Chi Day,” Nottingham said. “All over the world, in every town and country, we will be coming together for ‘One World-One Breath.’”

Tai Chi demonstrations start at 9 a.m. April 30, followed by Easy Ageless Tai Chi/Qigong for all.

Source: Diane Miessler

GeneChing
04-25-2022, 08:50 AM
Read my latest feature for YMAA.com: Is it Tai Chi or Taiji? (https://ymaa.com/articles/2022/04/is-it-tai-chi-or-taiji)

https://ymaa.com/sites/default/files/images/article/articles-20220425-is-it-tai-chi-or-taiji.jpg

threads
World-Tai-Chi-and-Qigong-Day (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?56828-World-Tai-Chi-and-Qigong-Day)
Romanization-of-Chinese-(Mandarin-Cantonese)-in-the-articles (https://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?4612-Romanization-of-Chinese-(Mandarin-Cantonese)-in-the-articles)

GeneChing
04-28-2023, 09:48 AM
What's everyone doing tomorrow? Anything?

I'm going to practice like I do every Saturday morning.

World-Tai-Chi-and-Qigong-Day (https://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?56828-World-Tai-Chi-and-Qigong-Day)
World-Tai-Chi-amp-Qigong-Day (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?70250-World-Tai-Chi-amp-Qigong-Day)